Pretending to be my Brother

Hyeon stared at the floor the whole way home, responding to none of the attempts by either Jeremy or Shin Woo to get her to talk about what she found hard about the dancing. She was trying very hard to not cry. Who would have thought that such a thing that had come so easy to her before when it'd been dancing around the church on a free hour would be so difficult for her when she was more or less getting paid to do it. She got out of the van quickly after Tae Kyung and went straight to her room, her shoulders hunched forward as she passed through the halls to her room. Placing the papers that she'd carried with her all day on the bed, she stripped and went into her bathroom.

She stood int he shower for a good thirty minutes, scrubbing and subconsciously doing the dance moves though she knew that they were probably wrong. She would no cry though, she had determined. She would not cry and would do what was expected of her to the best of her abilities so that when her brother cam back he could have the best attempt at staying in the group. "I'm sorry Hyeon," she said as she pulled in a towel from outside her shower and stepped out.

It only took him ten minutes to get out of the shower, he put on a pair of pants but didn't really care to put on a shirt at the moment. He sat down at his desk and started to write on his music. After a while he opened a box to check a thing on one of his previous songs, but they weren't there. He couldn't remember where he could have put them at first but then he realized where they were. "The newb." He said in a sight and rose up from the chair.

He didn't feel like meeting that guy at the moment but he didn't have much of a choice when he needed them. He knocked on Hyeon's door but no one answer, as he opened the door he heard the shower, so that was where he were. Tae Kyung saw some papers on the bed and took them up, it was the right ones. He looked them threw to see so nothing was damaged and he didn't notice that the shower had stopped sounding. It was first when the door to the shower opened that he noticed. "I'll take back the pa..." He started as he turned to Hyeon, but he couldn't finish the sentence when he saw him. His mind went blank, and he had no idea how to move at the moment.

Hyeon was frozen, half out of her bathroom, half in. The towel that hid her breasts went to her mid thighs but it was obvious what she was. She stared at him as he stared at her. 'Oh crap' she thought to herself and she slowly moved, barefoot, dripping wet, around to where her packs were. Her gaze never leaving Tae Kyung's she reached in and pulled out a picture. Slowly she padded forward, put the picture on top of the papers he held and then vanished--having run back into the bathroom after grabbing a pair of men's pajama's. She came out no more than two minutes later. "Tae Kyung," she said, looking around. She had to explain to him what was going on. The picture had been of her and her brother almost identical in that picture except for the hair--her's had been long, almost to her waist and pulled back into a braid and hung over her shoulder while her brothers had been short, like it was now on her.

Tae Kyung followed the woman that should be a man with his eyes, he couldn't say a word. She didn't talk either, she just walked slowly to a pack and took out a picture which she laid on the papers Tae Kyung were holding. Every time Tae Kyung blinked he thought that the girl would be gone and a guy would stand there, that it only were an illusion but it wasn't. The girl vanished in to the bathroom and Tae Kyung looked down on the picture. Two identical twins, a girl and a guy, the only difference were the hair length. She weren't Hyeon, she were his sister.

She soon came out and were dressed. "I knew that there were something weird with you." He said as he still looked down on the picture. "Maybe you should start packing, the president won't let you stay for even a second when he gets to know." Finally he could get that person out of the band, and now when they had had so much trouble with a new member that could mean that he could make the president not take in any more members because they already had one scandal and he wouldn't want one more. This would definitely get out in the papers and make a lot of commotion.

She stood there, shifting uncomfortably. He was a bit too happy about getting her out of there. "Um, well," she stammered, looking at the floor as she tried to figure out the way to get around this. "The president already knows. So does the manager. It's-It's really easy to explain Tae Kyung. You see, my brother, the real Hyeon, well, he, um, he got into an accident right after he'd signed the contract. They don't know when he'll wake up and they-the president and manager--didn't want it getting out so they asked me to cover for him until he wakes up. I look almost identical to him--if no one sees us together that is. Please, Tae Kyung, it'll work out, I promise. They say it should taken him more than a few months to get better. Please, he's much better than I am, and you deserve him. I just-I just don't want to ruin his dream, that's all." It all kind of just came spewing out of her as she stood there, wringing her hands. "I didn't mean to deceive you--I would have told you straight up what had happened if the President hadn't told me to not. Please. I'll work just as hard as Hyeon would if he were here."

Tae Kyung cursed the president as Hyeon went on about how it was their idea and her brothers accident. "I don't want you and I don't want your brother. You are bothersome because you're an idiot, he's bothersome for doing something that got you here. If everyone else gets to know that you are a girl then the president won't have a choice but to kick you out of here. But on the other hand, getting it out in media would put me in to a bad spot in so many ways so in that case I would have to get it out without them knowing it was me who leaked it." The last sentence were mostly mumble to himself. "Keep away from me, don't do anything bothersome, and do exactly as I say. If you don't then you will tell about your lies to everyone and get out of here."
He were positive that Hyeon or whoever she were would do something stupid very soon and he could get her out.

The young woman looked wide eyed up at him and nodded several times. "Yes Tae Kyung, sir, whatever you say. I swear, you won't even notice I'm here, and soon brother will be here and he's so much better than I am and you'll see! He's worth having I promise!" she said, bowing once and then stepping back, suddenly very conscious that she hadn't bound her chest before. And there was a man... in her room. Her cheeks turned a bright red and she looked at the papers in his hand and stepped over, taking the picture delicately back before shuffling back quickly.

"Um, I've got the songs memorized already, so if you need to take those back, that's fine," she said, trying to shift the attention from her female body to something that would be important for them as a band. "And, I'll spend every moment I have practicing the steps. Promise."

Tae Kyung got tired of her thankfulness after only two words, he should just have forced her to tell everyone the truth now instead. If she wouldn't agree to do it then he could just strip her in front of the others. But he didn't want to back down on his words now when he had already told her what the deal was. Suddenly her cheeks turned red, he had understand if they had become that red when he had seen her in a towel, but what the heck were the problem now?

"If you can't the steps in the end of the week then you're out of the group." He told her before walking out of the room. That was a really troublesome thing, why were he forced to put up with this kind of thing?

"A week, yes sir, right away sir. I'll show you that Hyeon's work keeping sir, I promise," she said, taking the utmost care to be as polite as she could to the man. He knew her secret. He knew that Hyeon was hurt and that she was a girl. He could ruin the one chance her brother had of finding fame.

Shin woo stood just outside her door, listening to this with shock and interest. He had planned to come and gie her pointers on how to master the dance moves and make sure that she was okay with the songs. Instead he came to find out that the boy that he had thought was simply having a hard time was really a girl who wanted to help her brother. And she had a week or Tae Kyung would make her leave. Shin Woo silently walked away, considering this information carefully.

How come she were more irritating when she tried to be overly polite? This would be a long week but when the week were over then he could probably kick her out of the group, it were just four days left of the week, there were no way that she would be able to learn the whole dance that fast. He grinned a little to himself and went away passing Jeremy that were walking towards Hyeon's room.

Jeremy knocked on the door "Hyeon, I have put in the dance on a dvd now so you can watch it." He said and waited for Hyeon to open the door.

Hyeon watched the man leave and shuddered. She had so much work to do in a short couple of days. When Jeremy came knocking on her door, she scrambled to get ready. "I'll be out in a moment Jeremy!" she called as she finished wrapping her chest tightly up and pulled on some exercise clothes that the manager had given her. Then she opened her door and smiled brightly at the man that stood there. "Do you know where I could practice while watching this? I don't have a tv in here so it's kind of hard. And I'm afraid I'll break something if I do it in here."

Shin Woo listened from the corner, frowning as Tae Kyung passed him. He had to say that the girl had guts, pretending to be her brother in a man filled house. He found that he wanted her to succeed in staying. he turned the corner fater Tae Kyung disappeared and came over to stand next to Jeremy. "How about we help you practice? It's always fun when others are there to dance with you," he offered, smiling at Jeremy and then Hyeon in his lazy way.

Jeremy got a bit surprised when Shin Woo appeared, but he totally agreed. "Yeah, we can practice together, the more the merrier." He said. "If we move the couch in the living room then we can do it there, the only one that can see except us would be Tae Kyung and it's just good that he sees how hard Hyeon is trying. It maybe will make him like you a bit better if you try hard in front of him." He continued.

Tae Kyung went to the kitchen and looked in the fridge after food, he saw a lot of cooked food in there and remembered that Hyeon or whatever her name was had done it in the morning. It would probably not be to his taste at all but he wanted to eat something he could get warm fast at the moment instead of making something himself. He didn't have the patience to wait for the delivery to come either. So in the end he just took out some food and warmed it up. As he took a bite he got really surprised, it was actually really good. But that only pissed him off, how could he say, even if it only were in his own mind, that that thing made good food. She were too useless to do anything right.

"Tae Kyung," Hyeon said softly , as if she were about so say something else, but she changed her mind and smiled u at them. "Don't worry about him. He'll get what he wants--a hard working team member. I would, greatly appreciate the help." She then looked down at the picture and smiled a bit at the sight of her brother. How had this gotten back in her hand she wondered before turning and putting it on the table next to her door before stepping out and motioning with her hands slowly. "Lead the way. I'm still getting used to the house and don't really know where the living room is."

Jeremy smiled at the boy that finally seemed to lighten up a bit. "I don't know if a hard working team member is what he really wants." He said really low so it almost weren't hear able, just a mumble. Tae Kyung didn't even want any new member so it didn't matter if the new member were hard working or not, but if the new member weren't hard working then he would have a better chance of throwing the new member out. But there were a slim chance that he maybe would start to like Hyeon better if he tried to work hard. But it was barely any chance at all. As they came to the living room, Jeremy put in the CD that the video had been put on in to the DVD player so they could watch it on the big tv.

He looked a bit automatically at the DVDs in the shelf, on the top of it were that DVD that Shin Woo and Tae Kyung didn't want him to show Hyeon. But it would be a good experience for him to see how they were in the beginning, that could build up his confidence even more. One day when Shin Woo and Tae Kyung weren't too close then he would take it down. Shin Woo and Tae Kyung probably still thought that it were thrown in a box and were in the attic or in the trashes. But Jeremy had taken it out before they could get rid of it, it was funny memories that he wanted to spare.

"What are you three doing?" Tae Kyung had passed by and seen the three of them gathered in the living room, weren't that idiot girl going to practice? Instead she hanged out with two guys. She were so going to get thrown out of there in four days, there was no way she could get his approval, there was no way she would be able to dance good enough for him to accept it.

Hyeon's shoulder's stiffened when she heard Tae Kyung's voice. She looked over her shoulder at him with a emotionless feature before she broke into a smile. She had to remember that she had to impress this man with her knowledge and ability to work with others so that she--her brother Hyeon--could stay. "Well, Jeremy said that he'd gotten the dance on a DVD already and that I could practice in here since it's larger than my room and I don't have a tv in there. Then Shin Woo offered to help me practice, sir," she said with a shrug. "I was kind of lost earlier so I thought that the sooner I start practicing the better. And then if I can get used to doing the steps with other people around the less likely that I'll run into anyone during practices like I did earlier." She was referring to a point where everyone had moved up but she had accidentally moved back and ran smack dab into one of the backup dancers.

"Jeremy and Shin Woo, thank you, by the way, I do appreciate this," she said, turning and giving a small bow to them.

Shinwoo just shook his head. She was a stubborn person, he realized. It still was a shock to him that this spunky person was a girl and not a guy. While, yes, she acted feminine, she had also pulled off the boys clothes rather well. He looked between Tae Kyung and Hyeon with a raised eyebrow. She was going to be a very interesting twist to the household, he decided. "Don't mention it. It's my pleasure to help a new artist learn something. Tae Kyung, why don't you join us? Then you can show he- Hyeon what you want from him."

So now they were going to help her, that wouldn't make her be able to learn the whole dance in four days would it? Well, even if she did learn it he could just find other ways to get her out of the band. He looked at Shin Woo for a moment before looking at the pitiful creature that should get thrown out of there and then back on Shin Woo. "I'm not going to try showing someone that can't even two steps correct how to do it." He turned around and started to walk "I'm back in two hours, if you can the first twenty seconds by then, then I'll maybe try working with you." He said. The first thirty seconds weren't that hard steps so even that idiot should be able to do that. If it had been Jeremy or that idiot that asked him then he would just blankly have said no. Shin Woo were probably the only one that could get him to do things he really didn't want to.

As Tae Kyung disappeared Jeremy smiled "Well the twenty first seconds is easy so you will definitely make it in time." He said and gave Hyeon a pretty hard clap in the back.

Hyeon would never have considered asking Tae Kyung for help. He would have told her to go to hell, or worse told every one her secret. She looked at Shinwoo with a frown, not understanding why he would ask such a thing. It was obvious that Tae Kyung didn't think she'd master the steps. But she was going to try, and that was all that mattered right? Taking a steadying breathe she looked at the couches that had been moved out of the way and then the TV. "Well, times a wasting I suppose. Shall we start?" she asked, a look of determination flitting across her face giving it a more stubborn look than she meant. She walked over and started the DVD before stepping back. She considered the tape as it played in a few seconds.

Shinwoo smiled and walked in behind her. "Jeremy come stand next to Hyeon, I'll guide him," he said before putting his hands on the girl's shoulders. "All right Hyeon. First with the right foot forward, like you are going to step forward." Look between your feet and Jeremy's. he's pretty good at these first steps. Copy him and you'll at least get the steps down, if not the flare. We can work on that later."

"aaw, Shin Woo you're flattering me, I'm not that good." He said just before starting to dance when the music started on the DVD and made the steps flawlessly.

In the kitchen Tae Kyung almost cursed himself, he wanted to kick that freak girl out but still he made a lot of things that helped her. He should just tell everyone that she were a girl and get her kicked out right away. She would definitely become trouble if he let her stay for too long. Well, there was no way that she would survive the week anyways, she would be out of there soon enough.

The man guided the girl through the first few steps and then restarted the video. The moment his hands were off her shoulders, she tried to do as he taught her, but quickly fell into disarray as she looked between her feet, the tv and Jeremy's feet. Sighing, she went back to the beginning and tried again, focusing only on the tv. And this was how the next two hours went.

She sat down at the end of two hours and frowned at her feet. For some reason, watching three different things was too confusing. Fear clenched in her and she looked up at Shinwoo that was smiling encouragingly at her. "You got the first twenty seconds down. It's just the harder steps and the transitions you don't seem to get. We can continue working on those tomorrow." he said encouragingly.

Jeremy smiled as the boy sat down after two hours of practicing. "You were really good, and if you can hold on a little longer and show that you could make the first twenty seconds for Tae Kyung then he will show you how he wants the steps which could help a lot in the training. If he shows you instead of the tape then it will become easier and you won't have to dance the opposite of the video." He said. Even though Jeremy and Shin Woo could show Hyeon the steps that they had together and some of the steps from where they got different steps they couldn't do all of the steps that were in Hyeons. It wouldn't take long to learn for them but they hadn't even thought about learning the others steps because they had been focused on their own until now. But if he knew Tae Kyung right then he had probably learned every ones steps just to be able to yell at them if they did it wrong and would be able to show them how to do it.

Tae Kyung came in to the room with a glass of water in his right hand. "Got something to show me or can I throw you out right away?" Tae Kyung asked without looking at the guy that actually were a girl. If she were so useless so she couldn't even get the first twenty seconds right then she could as well get thrown out. He wouldn't waste his time on someone that didn't even try.