Pretending to be my Brother

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"If I win, you get to go to the dentist and eat only healthy things for a week," Shinwoo said with a chuckle as he started to cook with an eye for the food. While he had to admit that it was definitely different than Hyeon's, it wasn't as bad as Jeremy's cooking would have been. And Tae Kyung could eat ever portion of it. His eyes sparkled as he cooked. Oh he had an idea, though it would take a little bit to incorporate properly.

"Okay, but it will be a waste of time. The dentist won't find anything wrong with my tooth's" Jeremy said with a grin. When had he been at the dentists last? It must have been when he were ten, or maybe twelve. Hadn't he been forced to fix a tooth that time?

Yeah, that's right. After that I didn't dare to go to the dentist and then I just didn't do it because I didn't feel the need too. He thought to himself while placing out the plates on the table. "Well, it doesn't matter anyways." He said with a laugh not even aware that he were talking out loud all of a sudden.

"Suddenly saying things out in the air which doesn't make any sense only proves that you are insane." Tae Kyung said as he walked in, finally have been able to pull himself out of his room after that brat had dared to say something like that too him. "By the way, don't teach that monkey stupid things. He have decided to call me dark lord because of you." Jeremy only whistled innocently when Tae Kyung had finished lecturing him then he went out of the room.

"He seemed a bit weirder than usual, what did you talk about before I got here?" Tae Kyung asked Shinwoo. Jeremy were usually a really high spirited guy but it seemed like he were happy in some other kind of way all off a sudden. All Jeremy were thinking about were that he soon would get to eat cake everyday without having Shinwoo complaining about it.

"We were just discussing how Jeremy will one day have to go to the dentist and get his teeth checked out. One must wonder how many teeth of his will rot with all the sugary stuff that he eats," Shinwoo covered gracefully before stretching and putting what food was ready out for the two to start eating. He looked upat the doorway, expecting Hyeon to come running at the smell of food. When she didn't, he frowned and looked at Tae Kyung. "Tae Kyung, would you mind going and finding Hyeon? It isn't good for him to do so much work in one day and then skip out on a dinner. Knowing him he probably thinks that he hasn't earned it until he's worked more. That or you scared him into thinking that way. You were the last to see him, so you have a better idea of what he might be hiding himself."

"Yes I would mind, but I guess I don't have a choice." He muttered as he turned around to go just as Jeremy came running in at the smell of food.
"The food is done!" Jeremy established happily as he sat down. "Where are you going Tae Kyung?"
"To get the starving monkey" He said before disappearing around the corner.

It wasn't that hard to figure out where Hyeon could be, she were going to use a CD player now when she had borrowed the CD. He went down the stairs to the oval piano room then walking into a room close by. "Hey Mrs. Liar, it's food." He said as he saw the girl.

Hyeon had been practicing from memory the footsteps to the song that was playing. She had just gotten to a difficult part and was working through it with a determined look before she heard the man speak. She gasped, tripped, and went sprawling at his feet. Slowly she looked up at him and then scurried back, turning off the CD player before standing and looking at the floor. "Food?" she asked, tilting her head to the side. "Do you need me to cook for you all or something?"

That monkey were really entertaining sometimes, Tae Kyung tried hard not to start laughing at her clumsiness and her comment but couldn't help to snort. "You are really dull..." He commented as he still tried to put himself together. "It's time to eat, Shin Woo made the food. If you don't come they will say that it is my fault that's why I won't let you skip out on dinner. Don't even dare make me look bad, stupid monkey." He continued as he had been able to get serious again.

Hyeon tilted her head to the side and watched him before looking over at the clock. It was hardly six pm. She then looked back at him before sighing. "I have to remember that this isn't the church. We didn't used to eat until almost either or nine because we had to take care of the others," she said almost as if to herself before she scurried from his presence, keeping as far away from him as the cramped doorway could offer. "I'm not a monkey." She said this with as much defiance as she could as she passed him and started up the stairs towards the main level.

"You're little show a moment ago clearly proved that you were." He stated and walked after the girl. "You could just give up you know, there's not a chance that you will be able to make it in time. You aren't skilled enough." If she would take offence and start to panic telling him how wrong that statement was then she would only prove to him that she weren't skilled enough to meet the news reporters. They would use the dirtiest tricks they could to make people say the wrong things and then they would turn it to something bad in the papers. The more mistakes this little girl did, the more he could convince her how useless she were and in the end get her out of there. She wouldn't have the guts to stay for much longer.

"Maybe I'm not skilled enough," Hyeon said, stopping to look back at him, the few stairs above him giving her just the right height to look him in the eye. "But I just have to wait it out until my brother returns and then you'll have the skilled one. It can't take all that long for him to wake up so just you wait around and you'll get your skilled dancer and singer. Until then I'm going to work as hard as I can to do what you ask me to so that my brother will have something to return to." She watched him, no fear in her face of what he might say before she turned and scurried off, disappearing into the kitchen before he could bring up how unskilled she was. She didn't want to admit it but it kind of hurt that he'd state it so obviously. She knew she wasn't skilled. He hadn't needed to say it so bluntly.

He watched as she ran off before he was able to say anything. "That little monkey have guts, we'll see how long it lasts." He said to himself with a small smirk before going to the kitchen.

"Hey, Hyeon. What took you so long? Didn't you feel the smell of food? It's really yummy, Shin Woo made it. Sit down and eat." Jeremy siad exited as Hyeon entered the kitchen. "One day I will cook a nice dinner for us and then you will have a taste of heaven." He continued with a bright smile just as Tae Kyung came in.

"Or you will end up in heaven." He commented, remembering the suffering of Jeremy's food.
"Meanie" Jeremy said as he pointed out his tongue towards Tae Kyung.

Hyeon smiled and sat down where she was told to and looked at her plate. There was more food on it than she was used to and she was tempted to scrap some off and offer it to someone else but figured that would classify under the heading of 'embarrassing Tae Kyung, evil deathlord or A.N.Jell'. She bowed her head at Shin woo in thanks before whispering a soft prayer for the food and started to eat. Her eyes widened in disbelief at the taste before focusing solely on eating it. She blinked when all of it was gone and at least Shin woo was staring at her.

Her cheeks turned bright red and she looked down at the plate. "Sorry, I didn't realize how hungry I was and then the food was really good," she said meekly before standing and bowing. "I-I need to go work, sorry, thank you, excuse me." With that she sped out of the room, taking hard right and running down the stairs again, not stopping until she was back in the cd room.

Shinwoo blinked a few times, "Well that was... odd. Tae Kyung, did you say something to him?" He asked, frowning a little.

Tae Kyung watch her almost as surprised as Shin Woo. "How come you always think that I said something when that thing acts weird?" He asked when he finally had gotten his facial expression under control. "As far as I can remember I haven't said anything that would make him rush out after eating dinner, but I have said a lot of things that should make him rush out of the house." He confessed without feeling any embarrassment over it.

"That's mean Tae, you should be nicer to him and...." Jeremy said but stopped himself when he saw the eyes that glared at him from the other side of the table. Calling Tae Kyung for Tae could cause a life threatening situation. "Sorry, I didn't mean it, I won't do it again... I should probably go and feed Joline now." Jeremy said so fast so it was hard to hear what he was saying at all. He were out of the room in the blink of an eye.

"Maybe that guy just are a Jeremy copy, Jeremy is odd all the time but you never asks me if I have said something to him." Tae Kyung defensed himself when Jeremy had disappeared.

"Because Jeremy was odd when we first got him," Shinwoo told Tae Kyung with a shake of his head as if he were talking about a strange animal they had acquired and finally gotten used to. "You must admit that Jeremy was one-of-a-kind until Hyeon showed up and started to rival him with his strangeness." Shinwoo could have said 'her strangeness' but decided to keep that he knew Hyeon was a girl a secret. No need in revealing all his cards just yet.

"And the fact that you told him that he had a week to learn the steps to your song as well as memorize the songs or else he'd be kicked out might also be playing a part. Listen, Tae Kyung, accept Hyeon before two weeks are over and I'll give you 5 days free of all three of us. We'll probably need to get away after Jeremy goes on a no sugar diet after seeing a lovely little dentist," Shinwoo said with a chuckle, his deviousness showing it's head for a moment.

"Not because anyone would be able to beat Jeremy in that category." He commented before Shin Woo continued. He listened to what Shin Woo had to say, very surprised over the things he said. "Five days without you? That sounds interesting." It wasn't like he didn't like having Jeremy and Shin Woo around but he had wanted to take a break from them sometimes now and then because of all the noise they always made. Shin Woo weren't such a problem though, it was mostly Jeremy and now the new monkey. Plus that without Jeremy he wouldn't have that dog close to himself.

"If that kid hasn't been frightened away within the weeks end and has memorized at least the most of the steps and the songs then I guess I will accept him into the band. I won't treat him nicely if he are in my way but I won't try to scare him away and I treat him as a member while we're working. Fair enough deal?" Tae Kyung said. He wouldn't try to scare that girl away but if she would do something he didn't like he could always spill out to the papers that Hyeon actually were a girl. Then they would be forced to kick her out off the band. But that wasn't anything Shin Woo had to know, he was pretty certain that he would play along until her brother came back because he were such a good guy. Jeremy... Well he couldn't even imagine what that guy would do if he found out, even though he had known him for years now he still didn't understand how he was thinking.

"Sounds like a deal," Shinwoo said with a bright smile. "I thought that'd get your attention, the getting away from us for a few days." He stretched and finished his own food before starting to do the dishes. "Tae Kyung, why do you not like Hyeon? You haven't liked him since he sang that song yesterday. Is there a reason you don't like him? I understand you don't want a new band member. I also understand you don't normally like people either. But usually you are indifferent, not as annoyed as you have been. Why?"

That was true, why was he so annoyed? He was even annoyed before he had gotten to know that Hyeon actually were a girl. Normally he would only have ignored the new person and give him evil looks if he tried to talk to him. Why was it different with this guy? "Who knows, I dont' really understand it myself when you say it like that. But, I really don't want another member and if we are going to have one I would rather have wanted us to pick out whom it would be."

"Well I agree. Being allowed to pick someone ourselves would have been easier. But if you had chosen this boy, would you be so hateful towards him? He is working his butt off to please you Tae Kyung and yet he still annoys you. I honestly don't understand how you work sometimes. But I suppose that is what makes you such a mysterious leader of the band," Shinwoo said as he cleaned the dishes. He rolled his shoulders in something of a shrug and smiled over at his friend. "Just ignore my ramblings Tae, I'm just trying to figure out the lad and you being all different acting is kind of disconcerting."

"I'm pretty certain that I would have found someone I would be able to work with and I'm absolutely certain I wouldn't choose him. One Jeremy in the house is more than enough, now all of a sudden we have one and a half." He said while trying to ignore that he just were called Tae. He could scare Jeremy but Shin Woo saw right threw his empty threats. Empty and empty, he had contacts and could do a lot of stuff if he just wanted to, but he just didn't feel like doing anything towards Shin Woo and Jeremy.

"Well, I am pretty certain he won't be able to stand staying in the house for a whole week so I bet you don't have to worry about me being so different for long." He said, even though he wanted five days alone he still wanted that kid to get away as fast as possible.

"We shall see then," Shinwoo said with a laugh. "Oh, did I mention that if you don't accept Hyeon before the two weeks are up Jeremy gets to have however much candy and sugar he wants whenever he wants and we don't get to say a thing?" It was a little extra incentive for Tae Kyung to get to like the girl more, though he didn't say that. He simply smiled gently over at his friend and finished the dishes.

"Something's telling me that you made that bet with Jeremy before you made it with me. What a double play!" Now he understood why Jeremy had been so weird before, he really didn't believe that he would be able to accept Hyeon within two weeks either. Well, he was probably right, there was no way that kid would be able to learn all that within the weeks end. And if she didn't make it then she wouldn't be able to be in the band anymore, it seemed like everyone made bets with each other at the moment.

"Hyeon" Jeremy shouted as he found Hyeon. "What are you doing?" he asked happily when Jolie that had been walking behind him suddenly ran up to Hyeon and tried to lick her face.