Pokemon: The Rise of Team Rocket

Reis could have facepamled, he would have if it weren't for the weight of both his own suitcase and Salih's bag. 'not even here a minuet and already a battle. Ugh this was not part of the plan. He ran through what he had read about the ship noting the location of their cabin and the onboard pokemon center.

"I guess I'll see you in out cabin." he said as more crewmen came to help him with the luggage, "And Salih, give him hell."

-----------------

In the cabin the first thine Reis did was pull the curtain shut, then the drew the screen that separated his side from Salih's. Then he booted his laptop and plugging a device into the firewire port he began re-running the simulation. Then taking a card from his bag he laced it on Salih's bed, it was a simple printout of two children standing back to back an matching uniforms each holding a pokeball.

Swimming is cool. The water lowered Ben's core temperature and swimming focused his mind and exercised his body. This water was fresh too, no chemicals, nice and refreshing. You could drink out of this water, if you didn't mind people being in it.

After finishing their sixteenth lap straight, Ben decided it was time to rest. "Let's take a breather Stan." Stan climbed onto Ben's shoulder as he hauled himself out and turned around to let his legs dangle in the water. Pretty soon he was approached by a Swimmer. "You swim pretty good, how about a match?" Ben could tell this guy was cocky, he was going to show Ben that he was better than he was, or try to anyway. "Yeah, let's go." Ben grinned at the guy, and he only smirked a little.

Ben stood up and Stan got in front of him, in position. The Swimmer summoned up his Poliwrath, mean lookin thing. Ben crouched down to Stan's level. "Alright dude, first thing, Bulk yourself Up. Dodge his attack, get in close, and swarm him. While he's recovering Focus your energy and Punch him out. And if that doesn't finish him off, we'll improves from there. Sound good?" Stan would rather just tear the Poliwrath to pieces but he screeched a confirmation. "Alright, go get him slugger."

Stan turned back to the Poliwrath, Leering at the pokemon while tensing his muscles and bulking himself up. For a second the Poliwrath looked nervous, until it's trainer shouted out "Hypnosis!" Stan could see the other pokemon begin to concentrate, and when Stan didn't fall asleep the Poliwrath and the Swimmer were surprised. It just irritated Stan, and he flew right at the Poliwrath with a Screech. Furiously Swiping at the pokemon, bombarding it with scratches and kicks. Stan leaped away and Focused on his next attack. The Swimmer didn't know how to respond for a moment, but quickly recovered. "H-Hit him!" The Poliwrath picked itself back up and blasted a column of water at Stan, and Stan responded by leaping do the side and once again came at the Poliwrath with startling speed. Ben was standing behind Stan and just managed to dodge the same attack Stan just had. Which irritated Stan as he flew at the Poliwrath. The Poliwrath threw a mean Poison Jab, Stan slid neatly around the attack and deployed all his Focused energy through the Punch and into the Poliwrath's body.

The Poliwrath lifted off it's feet and smacked back onto the wooden deck, knocked out. It all didn't last very long. The Swimmer was stunned for a second and rushed over to his pokemon. Stan screeched in triumph, hopping up and down, stomping around a bit before scampering back to Ben. Ben punched the air and cheered. "Yeah Stan you did great!" Stan leaped into the air and Ben met him with a high five. Turning, Ben called to the Swimmer "Hey, nice match man." and offered a friendly thumbs up. The Swimmer shook his head, smiling "Yeah, thanks" and carried his Poliwhirl to have him get all fixed up. "Whew, lets get some more chow buddy, it's hungry work being us." The Mankey screeched in response and climbed up to Ben's shoulder as he walked to a convenient little food vendor nearby.

Little did anyone below realize, but high above the ships deck, a figure watched, a Pokemon by his side. This figure watched each battle carefully, making note of both Pokemon and Trainers alike. After surveying the last battle, he frowned, giving a dissapointed sigh. "Well," the figure said to his Pokemon. "It seems he's not here either. Guess we'll have to stay with Team Rocket a while longer." The Pokemon gave a nod, but remained silent. It liked the peace and quiet of being so high up, though the smoke from the ship's smokestack upon which he and his human friend sat was a tad bothersome.

S.S. Saint Anne the Third, Kanto Coastal Basin.
Saturday Afternoon.

"I don't think I know your name..."
"Call me Buzzer! Like the sound that my awesome bug Pokémon make when they pound enemies to the ground!" the boy said to Iggy, striking a boisterous pose with the index and pinky fingers of his right hand raised to the sky. But just then, everyone's attention turned to the massive metal-plated bird landing on deck, heralding the arrival of Salih, leader of the Goldenrod City gym. Buzzer let his arms fall, deflated from his formerly proud pose, and watched with interest as Iggy gathered his courage and challenged the woman to a battle.

The bug catcher let out a bored sigh and sat down cross-legged by the pool, absentmindedly watching yet another battle erupt between a rough-looking karate kid with a Mankey, and a Swimmer trainer. He shaded his eyes with his hand to see the battle unfold between the Mankey and the Poliwrath. "Eh, I could take him," Buzzer muttered to himself, sticking his tongue out every time the fighter or the Mankey looked his way.

After it was over, Buzzer decided to kick off his shoes and socks, and dipped his bare feet into the shallow end of the water, near where he sat. This released a brown cloud of dirt into the pool, as the chlorinated water cleansed his feet of several weeks' worth of crud. He wiggled his toes, grinning and luxuriating in the pleasant feeling, as his companion Weedle sat by the edge, taking tiny slurps of water from the pool, and his Venonat observed the expanding cloud of dirt in the pool, rubbing her antennae together and softly headbutting Buzzer with concern.

Eve sat and watched intently as Alex sat in his pool chair. His glasses reflected the sun up in the sky. Several clouds also decorated the blue expanse but all were a peaceful white. His head didn't move until he heard his little friend. "Eevwee." She began tugging on his shirt.
"Yeah I saw, was looking out the corner of my eye." Alex said to his poke'mon after the Mankey and Poliwrath fight finished. "The kid may be a beginner and has a lot to learn about his poke'mon but that's some determination to focus against such a high leveled hypnosis attack. Even though they looked to be out of sync that swimmer seemed to have a fair bit of experience behind him as well."
"Eevwee?" His partner mewed while tilting her head.
"Just call it a hunch, Eve." Alex rolled back in his chair and then shot forward up onto his feet. "I think it is time we get into position for the announcement of the main event."
"Eevee!"

Salih smirked and nodded at Reis before he disappeared. Oh, she had every intention on doing just that. Giving a trainer hell, especially a Pokemon Ranger, was what she loved to do. She walked over to the battle site and folded her arms. "Since I'm pressed for time and all, we'll make this a very special battle. We'll use both of our Pokemon at the same time, a double battle. First person to surrender or lose both Pokemon loses. You got that, Kid?"

Salih studied the Pokemon Ranger a dozen feet away. He had that Torchic with him which would give him an advantage as her Pokemon were Steel types. And who knew what other Pokemon he had on his belt. They were about to find out. "I call out Ember and M." She held out her Pokeballs.

M the Magneton showed up first. It made a "Bzzttt!" sound as it hovered in the air, taking in everything around it.

Ember showed up next to it. A large Arcanine, the large "X" shaped scar on her chest stood out even against the pale creamy fur.

Daniel ate his sandwich in peace, enjoying the combinations of the meats, cheeses, as well as the lettuce and tomato that were always present in a good sandwich. Overall, it was quite tasty and refreshing, especially with the cold soda that he washed it down with. His Quilava was eating what looked to him like just regular pokemon food, though the waiter had sworn that it was custom made for fire pokemon and indeed, Quilava seemed to be enjoying it quite nicely.

As Verity waved for the check and asked for his name, he responded in kind, "Oh, I guess we never did exchange pleasantries. My name is Daniel Graef, and yours would be?" Daniel wondered how they had gone for so long without knowing each other's names, though once you have the attention of someone else it was easy to converse without saying each other's name.

Azul wiped his mouth clean, replacing his mouth guard for his mask. He sighed pleasurably, smiling. "Man, that was one hell of a cheeseburger. Now time to work a bit of it off." he thought, rummaging in his pocket and pulling out a bright blue whistle. He blew it, and no sound was made to most people around. His Pokemon, one by one, came back to him, with happy smiles on their faces, joyful to get some alone time and some free time to roam and explore the ship. The last one to appear was Requiem, his Gengar. He had a bit of a suspicious smile on his face as he giggled to himself. Azul payed it no heed, and returned everyone except Aria, his Salamence. He walked alongside her as they walked outside to the deck/pool area.
He looked around, seeing people and Pokemon enjoying their time on the luxury cruise. He smiled, loving to see people having so much fun with their Pokemon, their friends. He even saw a boy and his Mankey battle a swimmer's Poliwhirl. Azul, as usual, got many weird glances and gawks at his get-up, his Heracross outfit. This was, mostly, for his and his Pokemon's benefit, but at the same time, better for the people around him. The last thing he wanted was Team Rocket tailing him and causing some ruckus. As long as others weren't hurt by his doing or because of him, he could care less that he was getting some weird stares. But, also per usual, he had people staring in awe of his Salamence. It was a rare Pokemon, never before seen in Kanto and Johto, so it was normal for people to stare at Aria. He grinned, kinda liking the attention. He decided, though, to let Aria fly later, seeing as how the deck was a bit crowded, and didn't want to knock people away with her wings lifting off. He put Aria in her Pokeball, getting another one out, and releasing Beat, his Electabuzz. Beat seemed happy, stomping the ground and sounding off. Azul laughed, guiding him over nearby a food vendor, and where it looked like a Pokemon Ranger, by the look of his clothes, and a powerful Gym Leader were about to do battle. He cracked his neck, bowing before Beat, him doing the same. Beat and Azul always trained together at least 2 or three times a week, by boxing each other. It helped Azul keep on his toes, and Beat to get some practice. Plus, they liked to box each other, it helped bonding with him.

Beat made the first move, and went for a jab, whereas Azul deftly blocked it, and countered with a hook to the right. Beat swayed backwards, and then rushed forward, giving Azul a good punch into the sternum. Azul groaned, laughing, feeling Beat's strength through his punch, and it was something to be feared. And he even knew he was holding back a lot so as not to harm him. Azul retreated, swaying to and fro with decent footwork, which Beat still had trouble with. Beat began to mimic, although a bit sloppily, Azul's footwork. "Yes, good Beat! As long as you stay moving, you can dodge easier." he encouraged, moving slowly back into range, and connecting with a good jab at Beat, which made Beat come back with an uppercut, which Azul luckily dodged. Beat's uppercuts were brutal, even when he DID hold back. He got a concussion from one after a certain training session. He then gave a few more quick jabs and a hook, connecting only with the hook, at which Beat gave a hook, connecting with Azul's face, jarring his skull. Azul swore a little bit, chuckling. "Man, Beat gets better with every training session..." he thought, as he continued to spar with Beat, some passerby's watching the battle with enthusiasm.

Kisa could hear the vocal beginning of a battle She signalled to Reda, and the pair made their way to the battle site, to see Iggy and Salih locked in a stare-off, waiting to begin. Wait, she recognized the second trainer, Salih....Wait, the gym leader?! She had seen Salih's gym battles on the television before, so many times! But....why were gym leaders on the board? Unless this was a sort of vacation for them, too? After all, they were still people. She backed off with REda, and took a seat nearby, not wishing to crowd them. She was quite eager to see how gym leaders took care of their Poke'mon, actually.

"What do you think, Reda?"
Reda made an echoing hum, and Kisa instantly understood, nodding entusiastically.

"Yep, this should be fun.
Go, Ms. Salih!"

[size=-2]
Cheering, and some person's foot, roused Grey from his nap. "Poooo" Jin complained as Alex recalled him. There was shuffling, grunting, cheering, and pushing for a better view. This could only be a pokemon battle. Grey shook his head distractedly as he saw the competitors fighting. He turned back to stare over the railing of the deck and admire the sea. It was times like this he wished that one of his pokemon could swim, so that they could explore the sparkling depths together. There had been so many water pokemon in his gym though, to try to take advantage of his precious pokemons' beloved weakness, that even if they had not detested water at their hatching, they did by now.

Still, he remembered diving through the caves near Cinnibar with another old friend and her sweet seel, Marti. The water was invigorating and cleansing. Perhaps, Grey mused, I ought to take a water type just to have it for when I want to swim... But his thought was derailed by the noise of the crowd and the fight. Ugh, can't think clearly with this noise...
[/size]

[BG="#856363"]Iggy watched as the gym leader's friend left and she began to focus on Iggy. He couldn't shake the nagging feeling that he knew her, and it was something concerning his sister he was positive. She could be the first real lead that he'd encountered since boarding the ship.

"Since I'm pressed for time and all, we'll make this a very special battle. We'll use both of our Pokemon at the same time, a double battle. First person to surrender or lose both Pokemon loses. You got that, Kid?" The woman triumphantly said as she released an Arcanine and a Magneton.

Well that was unexpected but that shouldn't be a problem... "I accept your rules, I'll use Tsuji and Ai!" Iggy nodded, sending out Tsuji the Corsola and Ai the Houndour. Tsuji would focus on the Arcanine and Ai would focus on the Magneton. "Well I suppose I'll start us off..." Iggy muttered under his breath, he knew his connection to his pokemon would help him.

"Ai! Use ember on the magneton and Tsuji, dive into the pool and use bubblebeam on the Arcanine!" Iggy pointed forward after the crowd had a chance to clear. His pokemon reacted in turn, Tsuji diving towards the pool and Ai shooting super heated embers at the magneton.
[/BG]

I refuse to let you win this battle. My Pokemon will crush you. She'd paired Ember and M. up for a reason. All of her Pokemon were trained to be able to battle in sync with each other or on their own in the field. And she'd made sure to get them through some tough battles, even against elemental disadvantages. She watched Corsola dive into the water and the Houndour attack M.

"Just because you matched up element weaknesses, doesn't automatically give you a clear advantage. Although in this battle, you're going to need all the help you can get." She didn't seem at all concerned by what Iggy's Pokemon were doing. "Position switch! M. Thunderbolt! Ember, Extreme Speed!" She'd been through so many battles with them, they knew what to do. Magneton and Ember switched places. Magneton used Thunderbolt on the pool of water while Ember launched Extreme Speed on the Houndour.

"Iris," she said, smiling warmly. She looked at the little Teddiursa, who was beaming at her and Sid.

"Hey there Ringo-chan," she said sweetly, giving a small wave.

"This is Sid."

"Psyduck?" Sid inquisitively stared the Teddiursa, curious but timid. He was still a little shell-shocked from being poked by the Pichu.

"Don't be scared, look how sweet her pokemon are," said Iris. "They're just playing." Sid was more comfortable with the other pokemon that Iris had for a while. He was closest to her Jynx, who was somewhat maternal towards him.

She looked back up at Aurelia.

"It's nice to meet another trainer. This is the first time I've really ever been on my own. I'm from Saffron City by the way, which may or may not have had a hand in my attraction to psychic types," she said, grinning at Psyduck. He was clutching his head, studying Aurelia's pokemon carefully.

"I want him to make friends and be comfortable.. well, I want that for all my pokemon. But I would also like to train pretty hard here as well. What are you looking to get out of your stay here?"

(omg I finally figured out the damn coding lol)

[DASH="#00FF7F"][BG="#33FFCC"]

Aurelia Hikariko

Aurelia nodded, listening to her speak. It was nice to meet someone new, she figured. It gave her this bubbly warm feeling. She was sure her pichuu could feel it too, the pokemon obediently nestled itself in her hair sideways and watched the psyduck, rather amused.

"Ah, I see. You must be really excited then," Aurelia grinned, her eyes sparkling as she spoke, looking over at Iris' psyduck, "I'm sure he'll pick up fast. You take good care of him, so he'll be sure not to let you down." She bent slightly, smiling at the pysduck closely. It did look well taken care of and well groomed, too, unlike her pichu that always jumped into dirt and trees, Iris' psyduck was adorable.

She rose and nodded, "I've been travelling for a while now and it's really fun. I just want to be the best pokemon trainer I can be, but I mostly want to see the world! I guess I'm staying here for the adventure?" she asked curiously, with a shrug, "I'm not really sure. I was just excited to be chosen to come aboard and what's more, to see all the gym leaders I met in my travels again!"

[/BG][/DASH]

[BG="#856363"]"TSUJI! Get out of there! AI! Try to dodge it!" Iggy shouted orders, Tsuji barely made it out of the water in time to get hurt but Ai was hit full on by the Arcanine and slid on her side back by Iggy. She was hurt, that was for sure but not enough that she couldn't shake off. She quickly jumped back to her feet and growled, barking a couple of times at the Arcanine.

"ARE YOU CRAZY? THERE'S PEOPLE IN THE POOL!" He shouted at her but quickly looked to Ai.

At least Ai has the flame body ability, fire won't affect her at all, but I doubt anyone here pays attention to their pokemon's abilities... "AI! Use ember on the magneton again! Tsuji! Use rock blast at the arcanine as well!" Iggy cried out, not letting the woman get a chance to rest.

Ai fired the super heated ember pellets from her mouth again, hoping that the arcanine would be distracted with Tsuji's attack. Three turquoise rings appeared and spun around Tsuji's body. The rings glowed white and form into small rocks that spin around Tsuji's body. It then fired the rocks at the opponent, that exploded on contact, even if they only smashed into the deck.

[/BG]

"I am Verity Bellerose, Tea-," she quickly stopped herself before revealing something she shouldn't. It was a habit to introduce herself like that, especially when battling during an operation. "Uh, tea to go please," she corrected just as the waiter showed up. Haunter was laughing at her near slip up, and she returned him him to his pokeball, annoyed. She didn't need her own pokemon making fun of her. She waited for the waiter to return with a capped cup of iced tea and an updated check, she payed it before leading the way back onto the main deck.

"Well, challenger, go ahead and pick our battling site and we'll get started." Houndour barked with excited agreement, wide awake now. He was Verity's newest pokemon, so she was excited about getting some more training in.

"Nice match," croaked the ominous voice of Chloe, somehow managing to sneak up on Ben and Stan (despite there being nowhere in particular to hide). Maybe she just doesn't have that much presence? In any case, the young woman's eyes hidden behind the sun's glare and her own glasses, she looked at Ben with a serious face.

On her shoulder, the blood-red form of her over-sized zubat sits calmly. She reaches up a hand to stroke the poison-type pokemon with the barest trace of a smile. In her hands were the still-wrapped sandwich she had bought earlier... not out of hunger, but for something to do. Poor Ben seemed to have caught her interest, and she made it a point to go over and attempt talking to him.

In the long, awkward silence that befell her greeting, she announced, "My name is Chloe," in a monotone. "...I'm from Lavender Town."

Ben was watching this blue guy spar with his Electabuzz, this guy seemed very intuned with pokemon. But then came "Nice match" out of nowhere, it made Ben and Stan both jump, Stan almost falling off of Ben's shoulder. They both turned to look at her. It was that gloomy chick from before, the one that kinda creeped Ben out but he kinda liked her because she had made him feel proud of Stan. "Um, thanks." She kinda just stared at him for a while...Stan was giving her a look like "Wtf?"

After a while of awkward silence and loud slurps of drink this creepy chick said something. "My name is Chloe,...I'm from Lavender Town." The first part was cool, but the second part was not exactly bad. It made Ben's stomach turn to stone and goosebumps rise on his skin and his heart skipped a single beat. Lavender town, the town of spirits and ghosts and psychics and spooky stuff. Ben suppressed a shudder.

Stan swatted Ben's face to get him to answer Chloe. "My name is Ben, I'm from Viridian. This is Stan." Stan acknowledge by a waving gesture "Nice Zubat you got there, they don't make um like that anymore." Ben chuckled at his lame joke, feeling nervous now that he knew why this chick was so creepy. And yet, he was not attempting to disengage. Stan detected Ben's respect for this person, but Stan still kept looking at her like "Wtf?"

Salih smirked. "You're in the big leagues, Kid. Deal with it," she said when he made a fuss about people being in the pool. He was the one who made the challenge so it was his fault they were in danger. "M. use Lock On on that Corsola!" That meant Magneton took damage from the Ember attack but if it was hurt, it didn't show it. That was how she and her Pokemon were. No matter how much they were knocked down, they always stood back up. "Now use Zap Cannon on it!" With Lock On in effect, that meant Zap Cannon, which usually only had a 50% chance of hitting, would be successful.

Ember braced herself and took the hit from the Rock Blast. Salih's eyes narrowed slightly. No one damaged one of her Pokemon and got away with it! "Ember, Return attack on the Houndour!" Ember wasted no time in letting out a sharp bark and charged, her body beginning to glow white which grew brighter as she got closer to the other Pokemon.

Kisa could see the battle getting heated, her jaw open, amazed at how intense it was. So this is how gym leaders fight? Is she holding back, though? No, that seemed unlikely. She took notice of the people in the pool, and without thinking it out, asked Reda a favor.

"Reda, would you please use Protect on the pool?"

Reda nodded, and blue psychic energy swirled around it before shooting at the pool. gleaming like some sort of glass.

Kisa did her best to let the two know,

"There, now you don't have to worry, right?"

Ooooh, this is so much fun to watch! She could barely contain herself right now- This fight was turning out to be quite an exhillirating experience.