Pokemon: The Rise of Team Rocket

[DASH="#6D7B8D"]

Iris nodded as she listened to the girl.

"Yeah, me too," she responded. "I really want to train and get better. And I'm sure some sort of adventure will just come my way as long as I'm doing that."

Iris felt waves of curiosity coming from Sid, who was examining Aurelia's Pichu from the safety of her arms. The pichu looked back with an amused look, its small black eyes beamig. She chuckled inwardly.

You wouldn't want to get into a battle with that pokemon... maybe not until you're a little stronger, she thought. She could already envision the electric pokemon zapping Sid into oblivion. Electric types had that advantage over the water types.

"Have you met any gym leaders yet?" she asked. "I would definitely like to. I want to toughen this little guy up... he's a bit pampered. My other pokemon range in strength, but they could all use the training as well. I want my pokemon to be able to hold their own against any type."

[/DASH]

[BG="#856363"]"Deal with it? Is that all you have to say for yourself!?" Iggy wasn't happy with the woman but luckily a pokemon used reflect on the pool to defend the people from further attacks. As the battle continued Iggy noticed certain patterns in the woman's attacks, ones that he hadn't seen since he was a small child. He quickly put two and two together as he watched Tsuji be struck by the lightning attack from the magneton and faint.

From somewhere in the crowd a red flag was raised and a voice cried out "Corsola is no longer able to battle! It's down to one on two!" Iggy shot a strange look as Ai was hit again by the arcanine. Iggy knew that he had done damage to her pokemon but they were clearly superior.

"AI! TSUJI! RETURN!" With two flashes of red light his pokemon dissapeared. But that wasn't the end of it. Iggy may have forfeited but he knew who she was now. "YOU! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO TOOK MY SISTER! I REMEMBER YOU FROM ALL THOSE YEARS AGO!" He shouted at her, pointing aggressively. After all this time searching he had found his lead to finding his sister. "I, IGGY LANCECROFT WILL DEFEAT YOU AND FIND WHAT YOU DID TO MY SISTER!" He cried out.[/bg]

Salih brought out and called back M. and Ember. Yeah, she'd thought so. Weak. Pathetic. Willing to let a conscience stand in the way of power. She remembered being like that before. And she hated it. Those were the worst years of her life. Having to bow down so many times, just because the other was stronger. But not today. Today she was the strongest and she had every intention of showing the world that.

"I, IGGY LANCECROFT WILL DEFEAT YOU AND FIND WHAT YOU DID TO MY SISTER!"

Her eyes narrowed slightly. Lancecroft!! But she smirked it off, tossed her hair. "Have fun with that. I'm going to relax." She clasped her hands behind her head and disappeared below deck. She found her room and walked in, closed the door behind her and fell onto her bed, not even seeing the card Reis left her. "Stupid Kid ..." she muttered, head on her pillow and looking at Reis. How could he be so calm?!

AWAITING USER INPUT:

The calculations flew through Reis' mind his fingers twitching over the keys ready to type the answer as soon as it was double checked.

The door banged open and Salih came in and the numbers froze, them were lost as Reis mentally grabbed at them before giving the room a resigned sigh. The sigh turned to a gasp an Salih flopped onto her bed without even seeing the card he had laid out for her.

He turned in his seat to face her, happy that they finally had a moment to talk.

"So are you ready?"

She eyes him her temper showing.

"What wrong? did you lose to that kid?" Reis asked concerned."

"DO YOU REALLY THIN I'D LOSE TO...." Salih exploded "YOU.... YOU.... IS ALL YOU THINK ABOUT WORK OR YOUR COMPUTER I MEAN..."

Reis looked like he had been slapped. "I'm just trying to... YOU KNOW WHAT I'LL DO IT ALONE I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP! SORRY FOR TRYING TO LOOK OUT FOR BOTH OF US WHILE YOU PLAY GYM LEADER."

He pulled the pokeball out of the reader and Igor jumping onto his shoulders he stormed out the door.

Salih was left staring at the door, sitting up in bed. "What's his problem?" she muttered. Stupid guy. He made absolutely no sense whatsoever! Couldn't he see she was in anguish and didn't have time for all his selfish tantrums?! Then she happened to look down where she'd been lying and saw the card. She blinked and picked it up.

Tears threatened to blind her as she saw the picture. She remembered this day. She even remembered which Pokeball she was holding. Ember. Her first and only Pokemon for a long while. It had been such an important one she hadn't realized the significance of until much later. Back then, she'd gone through partners and names like a sandshrew through dirt. Reis had been different. But back then, she'd thought he'd be a weak link and yet he'd persevered through everything.

Salih sighed. She should go apologize. But first ... She took a shower and dressed up in a nice black outfit. . She found him on the deck, at the railing, talking to Igor. She had the card in her hand and she wanted to approach but then she caught wind of some of his words and she hung off to the side to listen.

He was leaning against the railing looking out over the sea. It reminded him of his childhood, before he had chosen his path. On the railing next to him sat Igor. His best friend and sometimes especially when he had fought with Salih the only one he had to talk to.

"No, I don't think I should have reacted the way I did."

"Mime?"

"Yes I rely on it. But UGH! I don't know, how am I meant to know if she won't tell me."

Reis sighed he really did rely on her, far more than he showed her.

I know, I think everyone needs something to eat and loosen up after spending all day in their pokeballs, big night tonight.

Daniel thought nothing about her ordering for tea, finding her pause only mildly curious but thought it no more than just deciding if she really wanted it or not. The Haunter seemed to laugh at some unforeseen joke, though Haunter's had a tendency to do that, and very rarely could one figure out what they were laughing at. A red laser came and enveloped Haunter, sending it back inside its pokeball. Verity didn't seem to care for Haunter laughing, though Daniel couldn't fathom why, he liked the eccentric ghost pokemon.

As the tea finally arrived and the two made their way into the interior of the ship, Verity inquired where their battle would take place. Daniel looked around and saw a sign hanging from the ceiling indicating where various places on the ships were, or at least the direction that they were in. Sure enough, there was an arrow for "Battle Center" and Daniel said, "I'm sure that if we go there," pointing to the sign, "that it would work perfectly for our skirmish." Quilava trotted alongside Daniel, glancing over at the Houndour every once in a while, sizing up the competition. The flames on Quilava's back flared up, indicating his readiness to battle.

George was sitting in the Dining Hall with his best friend, and only Pokemon, Typhlosion. He looked over at him and smiled, his Pokemon always got hungry on boats. He just laughed as Whisper finished his fifth plate and started on a sixth. "Jeez boy slow down your not going to want to eat dinner." He said to Whisper.
"Ty?"
"Yea boy food but later come on." He said and grabbed Whisper's arm and pulled him out of the dinning hall, down the hallways, and onto the deck. He was strong enough to pull Whisper around because he had always had to do so. So pulling him out onto deck he had to run behind him and close the door back. "See boy everyone is up here. Why would you want to stay down there."
"Ty." Whisper said dissappointed.
"Oh yeah the water wow. Its a boat." He said laughing at Whisper and taking him to a pair of chairs to sit down.

She stepped up and then leaned against the railing beside Reis. She didn't say anything at first. She just stared out at the open sea. The card was clenched tightly in her hand as if it was the most precious thing in the world. She finally looked down at it and tucked it away into the top of her dress. She was terrible at apologies and, truth be told, she hated giving them. But she wanted to patch things up between them. He was her partner, after all.

"So ... that battle ... not really the hardest I ever had ..." Her voice trailed off. The battle was also bugging her and it was nagging at her. She knew if she didn't say something about it, it'd keep doing that and she wouldn't be able to enjoy the trip at all. Or get any work done. Secrets were awfully difficult to bring out into the open and a part of her wanted to believe if she just left it alone, it would go away. She wondered if she could lure the Kid out to the railing and pitch him overboard.

[DASH="#00FF7F"][BG="#33FFCC"]

Aurelia Hikariko

Aurelia nodded cheerfully. Pichu grinned and pointed dramatically towards the hallway of the ship's deck. Aurelia glanced at it and smiled, "That's right. One of my favourite gym leaders is Grey from Cinnabar Island. He's super awesome! I'm sure he'd practice battle you if we asked!" Squirtle turned it's head at the sound of a match and squirtled a light spray of water at Aurelia's face, standing up. It cried out, insisting that it wanted to have a practice match, too. Aurelia rubbed her face on her sleeve and grinned.

"And I know some of the gym leaders from here and there, too, but not as well as him," she laughed nervously. She wanted her new friend to battle Grey because she wanted to see how strong Iris' pokemon were. She'd battle Iris herself, but she wasn't sure if people wanted to battle a trainer they'd never heard about anyway.

Aurelia thought about this as she leaned on the railing and looked at the water with a small sigh, "Grey says I can't beat him until my pokemon evolve. They're so cute he says he goes easy on them.." she muttered with a smile, the thought made her happy. Teddiursa nudged her cheek with it's paw excitedly. She knew her pokemon were thinking of battling now. She wondered how much fun it would be.

"I see what you mean. If my pokemon could fight even under a disadvantage, I'd be estatic."
[/BG][/DASH]

[BG="#330000"]Iggy stared in almost disbelief as the woman fled from him, at least that was how it appeared to him. The way that she had attacked without remorse and then went off to "relax." As Iggy steamed he stormed past Buzzer and back down the stairs to his cabin. Luckily each cabin had been equipped with a state of the art pokemon restoration devices built into a secret hatch in the wall so they didn't obscure the fancy looks of the room. Iggy quickly opened the hatch and placed Tsuji and Ai's pokeballs into the machine.

That woman won't be able to get away with this. I won't chase her around the ship but as soon as we dock I won't stop following her, that's for sure. Where is this boat headed anyways? I never even thought to check...and I wonder if Buzzer is coming back soon, I might just take a nap before tonight's festivities... Iggy thought to himself. He quickly decided that it would be best to do that before the bug catcher came back.

Grabbing Ai and Tsuji out of the machine and laid down on his bed, hearing the crunch of the cake he had neglected to accept earlier from Buzzer. With a groan he sat up, wiping off the cake and laying back down, quickly dozing off.
[/BG]

Shakira finally got up from the chair, casually working her way around the deck and getting caught up in various conversations. Eventually, she had gone around most of the main deck, and was ready to move on to other places. She was walking with Fleur when she then noticed the younger girl from before with another trainer. Oh look, it's the girl from before; maybe if I talked to her, it would help me not be so nervous, Shakira thought as she approached Aurelia and Iris.

"S-sorry to interrupt, but I remember seeing you from before," Shakira said to Aurelia. "Uh--I'm Shakira Dupont, uhh . . ." Shakira got nervous as she looked at Fleur. Help me out here!

"No, I'm pretty sure the hardest you've ever had was when you took on an entire gym full of trainers with nothing but a growlithe just because they said you were too young to be battling." Ries replied. "Why you wouldn't let me help I still don't know." He turned to face her still leaning against the rail. "So are you going to let me treat you to a nice meal? It is after all a special day."

She smiled a bit at the memory he brought up. She'd been Ms. Chip On Her Shoulder back then. Everything to prove and nothing to lose. Anything said to her was taken the wrong way and she and Ember had taken them down. She pulled out Ember's Pokeball, wishing she could let her out. It was times like these she regretted evolving Ember. But people changed, Pokemon changed.

Salih lifted her head and put Ember's Pokeball away. She always carried her six Pokemon with her. She was a Gym Leader. She couldn't refuse a challenge and they popped up all over the place. She smiled. "Sure. It's been awhile since you last treated me anywhere." She even reached out and took his arm.

Reis froze for a slit second as she took his arm and hiding a blush began to walk along the deck. "Its been a while since we've been out of the gym." he replied as Igor hopped from the rail and walked beside them.

"Hows this, tonight we don't talk about work, the gym, the team, nothing. Its just us, on a ship for the night." He looked into her eyes sor a secon before looking away again out to sea. "Um.. I like your dress, is it new?"

"Hmm," said Iris thoughtfully, tapping her chin. "I assume he specializes in a specific type of pokemon? Is it fire?" She looked down at Sid, who was now being sprayed by Aurelia's Squirtle, and loving every moment of it.

"If it is fire, perhaps we'll have a one up," she said, chuckling. "Still though, as a gym leader, I would assume he's pretty tough. My pokemon range in strength. Sid is pretty good with psychic attacks, but his physical offense could be strengthened. My Jynx is the oldest, and she can be pretty fierce... in any case, win or lose, the experience will be beneficial."

She thought a bit more about her pokemon. Her Exeggcutor was definitely strong as well; he had evolved recently. Her Natu was still at its first stage, and more on Sid's level. She was agile, but had poor defense and offense. Her and Sid were the most in need of training. She wasn't sure how well they would hold against a gym leader. Even her Jynx and Exeggcutor could afford the training for a battle like that.

"You know...," she began, "I don't know how strong your pokemon are, but my two weakest are unevolved... Sid here and my Natu. I see that your pokemon here are in their first stages of evolution as well. If you want, perhaps we can have a battle? Maybe train with each other before facing a gym leader?"

George looked out at all the trainers and decided to try and talk to them. He walked up to a random trainer and said "Hello." Then waited to see if they would reply. Whisper was close beside him looking at the trainers pokemon. They were just being curious and trying to make friends.

They had tried talking to five different people and they both gave up. "Big buddy this is tough." He said to whisper. And whisper just looked at him. George went over and grabbed a seat so that he could sit down. Unsuccessful in making conversation with anyone he waited for someone to approach him this time.

Houndour growled at the quilava, clearly excited for the battle as well. Verity follwed the direction the sigh pointed in, finding an open arena in the battle center. She spoke with the referee, telling him they would both only use one pokemon. The ref nodded and waited for them to move to opposite sides of the field. Venus stood at Verity's side, intent on watching her teammate's battle closely. Houndour waited at her other side, ready for her instructions.

"Both trainers will use only one pokemon. A winner will be declared when one is no longer able to battle. Trainer's, call out your pokemon!"

Verity grinned and pushed her glasses up. "Don't think I'll go easy you!" She called to Daniel before turning to Houndour, "alright boy, you're up." With that, Houndour jumped onto the field, and Verity waited for her opponent to make a first move.

[DASH="#00FF7F"][BG="#33FFCC"]

Aurelia Hikariko

Before Iris spoke, Aurelia looked over at the girl who had just approached them and smiled,"Ah, yeah~ The girl in the hallway! Nice to meet you Shakira, I'm Aurelia. This is Iris, we just met each other," she grinned in Iris' direction, listening to what she had to say about Aurie's proposal on battling Gray.

After Iris was done talking, Squirtle stopped it's sprays of water onto her psyduck and jumped up in excitement, nodding it's head in agreement before Aurelia could say a word.

His trainer put her hands on her hips and nodded, "That sounds like a great idea! I'm totally in~" she looked over at the newcomer, "Shakira, would you mind being the decider for our battle, please and thank you?"

And then, she picked up Squirle and took out her pokeball, letting her pokemon inside. She slipped the pokeballs into her sidebag and gave Iris a peace-sign, "You don't have to go easy on me~" she giggled, teasingly.

Looking around, Aurelia figured they'd have to find the battle center. She walked past Iris to the railing where a map had been set up at a slant and trailed her finger around the area. "Looks, like the battle centers are down that hallway and up the stairs! Let's go~" she smiled and hurried there, extremely excited.

Her first battle on the St. Anne! She'd show Gray that she'd gotten way stronger by training with Iris first!

[/BG][/DASH]

Salih didn't notice the way Reis froze up or the blush he hid from her. She was too busy looking around. She sighed as she put her head down on his shoulder. "Yeah, no work, no gym ... None of that boring stuff." She was getting to hate being a Gym Leader. All she ever did was beat the crap out of people's Pokemon, helped Reis kidnap said Pokemon, and then brainwashed the losing trainers into being Team Rocket grunts. She missed being in the thick of things, doing bad stuff for the sake of being bad.

At the mention of her dress, she looked down at it and straightened the skirt with her free hand. "Yep! I bought it but I never had a chance to wear it so it's been sitting in my closet ... I was beginning to think I would never be able to wear it." She huffed but then smiled and lifted her head. "But now I have a reason. So, what do you think of the cruise so far?"

Meanwhile, on the bridge, the captain was hearing some news. Apparently there was a storm brewing miles away. It looked unlikely that it would reach them but considering what had happened to the last St. Anne ... "Shoulda named it somethin' else," he muttered under his breath, huffing on the pipe in his mouth. Like most of his crew, he considered the St. Anne to be a bad name to give to any seaworthy vessel, if only because of the events surrounding her predecessors.

The captain was a big man, wearing his uniform proudly. He had a full white beard and his hair was shaved. There were so many wrinkles around his eyes, it looked like he was always squinting. When asked what to do, he just told them to stay the course and keep an eye on things. He didn't want to ruin the celebration happening below but he did send out a few men to make sure the lifeboats were all there and ready in case of an emergency.