Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RestlessComfort

Original poster
  1. Welcome to the wonderful World of Pokemon!

You and your group have finally done it! You fought your way through the 8 gym leaders of the Sinnoh region and gave it your best shot in the Pokemon League Tournament! Whether you did a great job and put up a good fight, or fell flat on your face after losing your first battle, the journey and people you met along the way will always hold a special place in your heart.

With the satisfaction and pride of conquering Sinnoh fresh on your minds, you and your group decide to take a little time to yourselves and relax before deciding where to go next.

Unfortunately, your R&R is cut short as you catch wind of a mysterious Pokemon festival taking place next week in the next region over: Unova

It is said that the festival will have a great deal of food, games, and contests for every type of Pokemon lover. So whether your a trainer looking to compete in a tournament, or you just want to grab a bite to eat and meet some new people, this festival has something for everyone!

Needless to say, It took little time for you and your group to decide to set off in search for this mysterious festival.

As you and your group begin to gather their things, a feeling of danger and uneasiness settles over you -- almost as though you aren't meant to ever step foot into this new region. The feeling lasts for only a moment, then dissipates. You aren't sure, but whatever that feeling was, it wasn't gonna stop you from getting to the festival and moving on to conquer yet another region!

wpid-logo_render-png192cb68e-c559-485d-b2a5-5b5c8956c762larger1.jpg

Some Rules and Regualtions

1. This is going to be a fun, yet serious Roleplay. That being said, it is very hard to continue a Roleplay when you have those who only post a couple sentences or only post once in a great while. Just stay active and post good, quality responses. Your responses don't have to be painfully long, but make them a decent length. A paragraph, 4-7 sentences long, is the minimum requirement

2. Almost any Pokemon, from Gen V or before, is allowed. The only Pokemon that aren't allowed to be owned or used are Legendary, Mythical, and Mega-Evolved Pokemon.

3. You are allowed to have the same Pokemon that someone else has, but make sure they differ in personality! Two identical Pokemon trained separately are boring. Make your Pokemon unique! They are characters too.

4. You have the choice whether to walk with your Pokemon or keep them in their respective balls. I personally prefer to walk with my Pokemon, but that decision is yours!

5. I want the Roleplayers to have some hand in the story design, but I make the final decisions, and I also have the last say.

6. There will most likely be sexual content and mature language only fit for those that are 18 and older (hence this Roleplay being under libertine.) There are no restrictions on this. Just be mature and tasteful if you chose to take a post or encounter in that direction.

7. This is a Roleplay that does have some ties to reality. You and your Pokemon are not superhuman or unbeatable. A Roleplay can get very boring, and sometimes frustrating, if there is someone who thinks they are a god and aren't able to be defeated. Obviously if your Charizard goes up against Mew 2, more times then not, your gonna get your ass kicked. Be sensible in the situations your presented with be and open to defeat. Sometimes, being beaten can add a really cool spin to a character or Roleplay as a whole.

Everything else you already know, such as god-modding and all that. Hope you have fun and welcome to the Roleplay! :)​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: mango
The sheet edits won't be necessary! I'm sure I'll see the extent of your powers through your various posts. And alright! Sounds good! Can't wait to see the stats! Just pm them to red so he can review them
I know there's a PDF, but I cannot find it. But there's this Pokemon RP thing that shows how to do Pokemon stats.

But I am still working on the stats for all the Pokemon

I know there's a PDF, but I cannot find it. But there's this Pokemon RP thing that shows how to do Pokemon stats.

But I am still working on the stats for all the Pokemon
Take your time! Most likely won't come into play until later anyway :)

Take your time! Most likely won't come into play until later anyway :)
It's mostly just my IVs and EVs.

We're taken into account nature yes? And the bonuses it gives?

Also what about Pokemon abilities? Will they come into play? Like Keen Eye and what not.

Wait, was this in Libby at some point? Why was it moved out? With no need to accept more players, it's very odd why you would move this into the greenzone.

Sorry we went out to buy a little piano. Post will be up shortly, I'll send Rae to the inn.
"as little piano" I can't say for sure but I really hope there's a funny story there.

It's mostly just my IVs and EVs.

We're taken into account nature yes? And the bonuses it gives?

Also what about Pokemon abilities? Will they come into play? Like Keen Eye and what not.
Abilities, natures, IV's, and EV's are all going to come into play, you can see why my big sheet hasn't been posted yet, it's going to take a while.

Wait, was this in Libby at some point? Why was it moved out? With no need to accept more players, it's very odd why you would move this into the greenzone.
Well, the IC is still libertine, I'm not sure about this one, though.

Yes. The IC is still libertine. I haven't moved anything to the green zone. Everything is where it has been

Abilities, natures, IV's, and EV's are all going to come into play, you can see why my big sheet hasn't been posted yet, it's going to take a while.

Yes it is

@RestlessComfort; it's a Drifblim. Drifloon is the unevolved form.

edit-

I'd also like to add the fun fact of how Kamon's name is pronounced.

It's Kay-mon. The A makes a hard A sound. Like when you said the letter A in the beginning of the alphabet.

And the last of his name is pronounced like the end of Pokemon. As the Mon sound.

I know the American pronunciation is Kay-men. But it's Kay-mon

Last edited:
*begins to play his tiny piano in the corner*

d7b96883ecb17ccf729667f9d1621b65.jpg

Username:
Naton

Name:
Nick

Region of Origin:
Unova (Black City)

Physical Traits:
Nick has always been on the smaller side of the spectrum at five foot three and 120 Pounds. With his short, scarlet hair and sea blue eyes, Nick has the body of an acrobat due to his many years of stealth and theft.

Personality:
Nick tends to be pessimistic. No good deed goes unpunished with him. Nick often to stick to himself and his Pokemon with few exceptions. He is very intelligent and can figure out most puzzles but lacks "book Smarts." He is usually only caring for himself and his Pokemon. He has a strong will and does what needs to be done. The thing that drives him the need to find a place where he belongs and can worry not.

Skills:
Nick is good at stealth and theft, anything that gets him what he wants, he can do. He is also good with his hands. His ability to put a plan in action is a force to be reckoned with.

Short History:
Ever since Nick was born all he knew was the streets. His mother always put him first and because of this she died of an otherwise small illness shortly after his tenth birthday. Since then, he has had to scavenge Black City for every meal. Shortly after, he taught himself the skills he needed to survive. At the age of twelve he ran into a Shiny Umbreon. They both tried to steel food from a person passing through town. The Umbreon ended up coming out on top, leaving Nick with no food. Nick, not one to give up, perused the Umbreon but it proved to the better and Nick lost. It then became a recurring indecent with both besting each other on different occasions. As the time passed, the two began to enjoy the back and forth they both had and they soon became inseparable friends.

Pokemon:

umbreon.gif

Averroes
-Shiny Male Umbreon
-toxic, confuse ray, dark pulse, psychic
-Averroes's fur is Sleek Black and Dark Blue allowing him to disappear into darkness. His Shades are darker then most of his kind which lets him blend in with almost any shadow. He is sneaky and resourceful. Averroes has been with Nick the longest and because of this they can communicate with each other with just a glance.
-Walks along with Nick.

staraptor-female.gif

Tara
Female Staraptor
-Brave Bird, close combat, double edge, U-Turn
Tara has long straight feathers that easily lift her into the air and a very distinct red tipped Mohawk. She is quick witted and Very intelligent. She is smarter then most other Staraptors which gives her an intellectual edge. Even though Averroes came first, Tara is not second in Nicks Heart. She is also lovable and thoughtful which is a nice contrast to Nick's personality. She has been with Nick since the time he brought her home and nursed her back to health.
-Walks with Nick
hydreigon-5.gif

Henry
Male Hydreigon
-dragon pulse, flame thrower, surf, earth power
Henry has six black wings and three heads with a blue body and purple stripes going down. He is more protective then most of his kind which stems from his up bringing. As a young Deino, he was often picked on by the rest of his group. He thinks of Nick as his savior for catching him and taking him away on his many journeys through the land. He has a special trait in which each head has a personality of its own. The left is the harsh one, the right is the kind one, and the middle is the in between. This makes Henry the most balanced Pokemon in Nicks family. They often argue about many things but one thing they can all agree on is to protect Nick.
-Walks with Nick

Character Catch Phrase:
Everyone has a hidden motive and it is just a matter of time before it comes to the surface.​

Last edited by a moderator:
MWAHAHAHA

I'M ACTUALLY DOING IT

I'M PROGRESSING ON MY APPLICATIONS

AND TWISTING THEM UP WITH MY SUPERIOR SENSE OF HUMOUR

Reactions: mango
So, I presume that Gen VI Pokemon are not allowed? I have Dragalge, Barbaracle and Malamar planned for my character.

Status
Not open for further replies.