Status
Not open for further replies.
I think maybe we should make our own legendaries, but aside from that, I say we stick to the realmon.

Also, are we changing the evil team's name from Team Quantum to Team Power? Because one of those things is far, far more generic than the other.

I'd be cool with having a group PM chat, that seems pretty cool, and I be alright with just doing the world-building here.
Derp I forgot the team name was Quantum was that sorry. @Soulserenity20 Any ideas?

I think I will have a Noctowl. What kind of type theme will Quamtum have?

I like the name Quantum: I think having Pokemon of the steel and electric type would be a nice shift from classic baddie Pokemon. Magnemites, shinx, electabuzz, beldum, and bronzor could all be grunt level Pokemon.

Elebrabuzz sounds like a fun pokemon to have too. Plus I'm going for the past self of the leader. Stellax might also be cool. Should we use pokemon from Kalos heavily assuming Iron take place east of Kalos. France west of Germany. What was the name of the region?

Pokemon iron would take place east of Kalos. As France is west of Germany and Pokemon Iron would be based off of Germany.

I like the location idea, but I think Team Quantum should have psychic types as well, with evolutionary lines like Abra, Elgyem, and Silosis being common. The leader might even have a Deoxys, or some other "otherworldly" Pokemon.

That's seems like a good idea since they are time traveling and stuff. Maybe there is a twist that Team Quantum is actually team Rocket but sent back in time.

That's seems like a good idea since they are time traveling and stuff. Maybe there is a twist that Team Quantum is actually team Rocket but sent back in time.
That seems interesting, but it also seems like a pretty huge shift in alignment from their current spot at "We wanna' take pokemon from kids for money." I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I feel like there'd need to be a pretty good reason for it.

What might make more sense, is that Team Quantum forms after a brutal regime rises to power, and then people from all walks of life come to join under a single, rebellious banner. You could have gym leaders, Elite Four members past and future, Ace Trainers, and members from Teams Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Plasma, and Flare coming together to oppose a threat greater than any of them, only to be pushed back to their furthest bastions, and eventually deciding to stake everything on a risky gamble of traveling back into the past to stop whatever evil takes control before it even begins. In order to insure that the horrors of their timeline never come to pass, Team Quantum decides to start an empire of their own, planning to eventually bring about massive scientific and social advancement, but forced to make some moral sacrifices for what they see as the greater good.

This way, they've got an understandable goal, reasonable ideals, and intensely evil methods, making them (in my opinion, anyway) the best kind of villains.

Plus, as another bonus, you can have all sorts of memorable characters show up. Maybe they're financed by Giovanni and Lysandre, where the time machine is designed by Cyrus, and groups of scientists from all the teams. You could have Maxie serve as a strategist, hungry for revenge against whatever force took his beloved Team Magma away from him. Perhaps some teams have been crushed, or their leaders were killed. Heck, maybe Team Plasma sided with the regime...

There are a lot of options.

Oh, also, there was some talk about getting legendaries, towns, and maybe a map commissioned. There's someone by the username of "Desu Juice" who's doing some pretty rad art commissions for pretty cheap. It's good art too. I was actually thinking about getting them to make some art for a few characters of mine, and I normally don't get commissions.

Last edited:
Well... i suggest getting the word out.
Any recommendations for doing so?
You could try in the smogon tournament thread or in the RP derived from said thread, though I'm not sure if promoting a RP in another thread is good RP manners.

Then they should have a Celebi, I always knew Celebi was evil.

Now, I'm not a role-player but I can help you with any NPC battle you want, just tell me what types and how hard you want the teams to be beforehand.

That seems interesting, but it also seems like a pretty huge shift in alignment from their current spot at "We wanna' take pokemon from kids for money." I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I feel like there'd need to be a pretty good reason for it.

What might make more sense, is that Team Quantum forms after a brutal regime rises to power, and then people from all walks of life come to join under a single, rebellious banner. You could have gym leaders, Elite Four members past and future, Ace Trainers, and members from Teams Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Plasma, and Flare coming together to oppose a threat greater than any of them, only to be pushed back to their furthest bastions, and eventually deciding to stake everything on a risky gamble of traveling back into the past to stop whatever evil takes control before it even begins. In order to insure that the horrors of their timeline never come to pass, Team Quantum decides to start an empire of their own, planning to eventually bring about massive scientific and social advancement, but forced to make some moral sacrifices for what they see as the greater good.

This way, they've got an understandable goal, reasonable ideals, and intensely evil methods, making them (in my opinion, anyway) the best kind of villains.

Plus, as another bonus, you can have all sorts of memorable characters show up. Maybe they're financed by Giovanni and Lysandre, where the time machine is designed by Cyrus, and groups of scientists from all the teams. You could have Maxie serve as a strategist, hungry for revenge against whatever force took his beloved Team Magma away from him. Perhaps some teams have been crushed, or their leaders were killed. Heck, maybe Team Plasma sided with the regime...

There are a lot of options.

Oh, also, there was some talk about getting legendaries, towns, and maybe a map commissioned. There's someone by the username of "Desu Juice" who's doing some pretty rad art commissions for pretty cheap. It's good art too. I was actually thinking about getting them to make some art for a few characters of mine, and I normally don't get commissions.
That's a great idea. I love having the bad guys not totally evil. They make them seem like I would join them.

You could try in the smogon tournament thread or in the RP derived from said thread, though I'm not sure if promoting a RP in another thread is good RP manners.

Then they should have a Celebi, I always knew Celebi was evil.

Now, I'm not a role-player but I can help you with any NPC battle you want, just tell me what types and how hard you want the teams to be beforehand.
Cool thanks. I was interested in this cus this seemed more laid back and the other RP had already started.

This brings up a good point. There are pokemon with time-travel capabilities, so maybe Celebi or Dialga is a crucial part of their pokemon-powered time portal?

As for the rest, I can do this anywhere, but I really, really don't want to do it in a smogon group chat. That sounds kind of awful actually.

I can do this anywhere, but I really, really don't want to do it in a smogon group chat. That sounds kind of awful actually.

My offer is literally I'd help with any NPC combat, but not with any RP, I'll leave that for you.

SO

How are we going to start this? I wanna' get just a little more planning out of the way, like creating some gyms and stuff, but I'd be cool with just jumping in with what we've got.

We can always plot as we go along. Let me make a PM chat.

I made a PM Chat. As for @Soulserenity20 would you like to be invited also?

I'm interested! Having that Pokemon fever lately makes me want to RP something!

I will invite you to the PM chat soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.