Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just stating that. Wasn't saying that you shouldn't have had Alvin challenge Jay...

Their called Pokemon trainers, correct? I suspect they'd be called Pokemon battlers (or something similar) if they could only level up their pokemon by forcing them to fight. It only makes sense that pokemon can evolve by other means of training that can make them strong like battling does.

And who says Jay will be evolving his pokemon anyway? :P
He may evolve some or he may evolve none.

Last edited:
Going to get a banner up sometime today :goodvibes:
Most of everyone is still at the lab, so there's plenty of time for newcomers to slide in smoothly.

What's holding you back?

Man i'm sucking at this rp >_>
Sometimes we just have problems performing to our fullest abilities when it comes to Role Playing. Perhaps if you told us what exactly your problems are, we could give you a helping hand on how to make things better.

Anyone here good at photoshop?
I was going to request a banner, but the person who makes them hasn't been on in over a month.

Fennekin (Starter)
Honedge (Thunderlight)
Golett (Lovewood)
Joltik (Thunderlight)
Skorupi (Shadowveil)
Chansey (Numera)

Pokemon_by_Allen_chan.jpg

Character Name: Lian Tairen

Hometown: Mermadelle City

Strengths:
Lian's strength shines when she is hitting hard and inflicting status ailments for additional damage. While optimized for double battles, her team can hold its own in single battles. Her team is fairly balanced as far as attack, defense and speed, with some out speeding others and others tanking better than their fellow teammates.

Weaknesses:
Lian's team suffers a major weakness to Ground type attacks, with half of her team easily taken out by the popular typing. There is also a secondary weakness to Rock types. Other than that, another weakness of her team is that she is slow to come up with a plan. She is one to fly by the seat of her pants. No plan is the best plan for her.

Habits and Quirks:
Lian enjoys playing with her Pokemon as well as training them. She goes on frequent runs with her Pokemon as a way to bond with them. She does her best to rotate her Pokemon out of their pokeballs so they can get some exercise.

Goal or Purpose:
Lian wants to become the best trainer the world has ever seen and become the new Champion or to join the Elite Four. She also wants to be a good role model for other trainers.

Inabilities:
Lian is not very compassionate towards people. She is also very picky about the Pokemon she chooses and does come across as a pretty cruel trainer with how she pushes her Pokemon. Lian can't swim.

Fears:
She fears failing her Pokemon and herself. She pushes herself as far as she pushes her Pokemon. As much as she enjoys battles, she doesn't want to maliciously harm her Pokemon. She is scared of the ocean, hence why she left her hometown.

Personality:
Lian is a rather serious young woman, that is most likely to be seen training or grooming her Pokemon. She can be a pleasant young woman to speak to in passing, but long periods of exposure could lead to...the exposure of various personality flaws.

Lian, as previously mentioned, can be a strict person. While she doesn't mind when her Pokemon goof off, she doesn't tolerate that behavior during battles. While she won't beat or harm her Pokemon, she would push them much harder during training than normally.
Lian is easy to irritate, and will often reply with sarcasm. She does love her Pokemon a lot and would put herself in danger for them.

Backstory:
Lian was born to a rather well off family in Mermadelle City. She grew up around Pokemon, as her family was known for its battling prowess as well as for its investment wisdom. However, one of her family's employers kidnapped the young child to try and ransom the girl. Her mother went to retrieve her daughter from the water logged cave with her Lapras.

Lian had been trapped in a cage, watched over by a Wartortle. After a rather brief battle where the young girl witnessed the power of her mother's Lapras. That was when she decided to become strong like her mother. During the battle, Lian's cage was knocked into a lake inside the cave. The girl had not known how to swim, not that it would have mattered since she was trapped. She panicked, and almost drowned before she blacked out.

Years passed after her mother managed to rescue her. Her fear of the water and water Pokemon only strengthened during the time she spent taking care of her parents' Pokemon. Ironically, she did manage to grow closer to the Lapras, whose Ice Beam had accidentally tumbled the cage into the lake. She learned about training Pokemon and raising them while her parents taught her the value of money and the power it brings. Once she was old enough, she made her way to Numera Town so that she could start her own journey.

Pokemon:

Fennekin

Ability:
Blaze

Moves:
Power Up Punch
Ember
Fire Spin
Sunny Day

Nature:
Modest

Happiny

Ability:
Natural Cure

Moves:
Rollout
Sweet Kiss
Echoed Voice
Light Screen

Nature:
Bold

Azurill

Ability:
Huge Power

Moves:
Slam
Bubble
Tickle
Whirlpool

Nature:
Adamant

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno i just feel like i have a really good idea for a post and when i try to type it in my brain just kind of farts and my posts end up looking like poop.

Accepted. Go ahead and get your intro in as soon as you can :P @Aeronfarron

Dunno i just feel like i have a really good idea for a post and when i try to type it in my brain just kind of farts and my posts end up looking like poop.
Brain farts are the worst. I'm not sure what to tell you though.
You can take a break if you'd like, but you might get behind some.

On a side note, I'm feeling like this RP is missing some guy characters.
Jay, Alvin, and Robbin are the only males right now. Hmm

@Eon @ShadowSlayer, you guys still joining or what? :P
@Maxim You've been awfully quiet, you alive?

Nicely done. I'll have a response for you sometime tomorrow. I have classes all day, so most likely tomorrow night if I can't get one up in the morning.

Thank you. I'm off work tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll be around. See ya then and have a good day at school!

• Thank You
Reactions: True North
Yup I'm alive. University is a pain.

I'm also trying to word the response to Jay's question, but it keeps coming out like it's coming from one of the typical "Pokemon are just there for battling" nuts.

Reactions: True North
Yay postey. Sorry if it's a bit short, I just had trouble putting more stuff down there due to the short answer.

I get the feeling Alvin and Jay aren't going to get along too well. :P

I'll have a reply for Alvin in my next post or I'll edit it in later.
Gotta get to school soon. My first class was canceled.

Sorry, I haven't been on much lately. I'll clean up Leo's bio today, and join in as soon as I'm relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.