Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll have Jay catch a Lanturn, so that he has some kind of defense against electric types and offense against water types if needed.
Well, at least I'm not the only one having teambuilding headaches. I've got a three way split between Crustle, Leavanny, and Escavalier for slot #5.

On a more serious note, does anyone have any advice for writing for the Pokemon themselves? I feel like I'm missing some interaction compared to some of the other posts around here.

Reactions: True North
On a more serious note, does anyone have any advice for writing for the Pokemon themselves? I feel like I'm missing some interaction compared to some of the other posts around here.

Expand upon this, I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly.

Expand upon this, I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly.
Uh...it's a little hard to explain. Like right now I feel like I'm treating them as not Pokemon and more as odd side characters that don't really interact all that much....Yeah that definitely didn't make any sense. :P

Focus on your pokemon's personality and makes sure each one of your pokemon's personalities are different. Have them show affection to Alvin and vice versa. You can also have them interact with the other trainers and their pokemon as well.

Bring them to life by giving them their own personal quirks and habits. Imagine that you are Alvin and have fun with your pokemon and find cool stuff to do with them. Your going to start training them and battling with them at some point, so it's good to get to know them and understand their likes and dislikes in the meantime.

Take a look at examples from other people's posts and maybe it'll become easier for you to be able to play as your pokemon.

I was gonna post waaay earlier but then my internet decided to tell me to get a life and then proceeded to turn it self off.

I haven't posted for Leonie since I gave a response for Kristy.
Bee and Robbin are still at the lab, and no one has even challenged the first gym yet.

You aren't behind at all. I was intending to move Leonie forward since I haven't heard from you tho.
It's unfortunate about your computer situation, but you can still jump in where you left off if you want to.

I edited a pic of Chespin into Robbin's Cs ^^
Now if I can just move on with Jay, so he can catch his first pokemon... :jump:

I'll try to get my post for Merlin up tomorrow. Been a bit busy today and haven't gotten time to write up a good intro for him. So keep an eye out for it.

Were you still working on your post?
Shadow had interaction for Astrid in his post.
Robbin also ran through them in one of my posts.

Last edited:
Just so new people know -
These are the pokemon that everyone has a serious eye on so far. (Most likely catching)

My desired list: (For 3 characters)

[spoili]

Phantump & Cubone
Helioptile & Rotom
Horsea & Skrelp

Budew & Numel
Chinchou & Ducklett
Squirtle & Noibat

Pokemon already owned in RP: Froakie, Igglybuff, and Chespin[/spoili]

EternalInfinity's desired team:

[spoili]

Eevee
Growlith
Magby

Castform
Karrablast
Goomy[/spoili]

Maxim's desired team:

[spoili]

Voltorb
Torchic
Mantyke

Dwebble
Chatot
Flabebe[/spoili]

EchoRun's desired team:

[spoili]

Treecko
Slakoth
Shinx

Buizel
Sneasel
Riolu[/spoili]

AeronFarron's desired team:

[spoili]

Fennekin
Honedge
Golett

Swablu
Skorupi
Chansey[/spoili]

The most a person can name that they'd like is 6 pokemon >per character<
Anymore will just have to be caught before someone else catches them in the Rp.

Listed pokemon are not off limits, but are there to reference from in order to avoid doubles.

I'll be editing this list into the front page here in the OOC for future convenience ~

Last edited:
Haunter will be the first of Annika's lost ghost pokemon that Robbin meets.
He'll want to help Haunter find it's owner, but Robbin won't know who it belongs to yet.

635388698395860526.png

Character Name:
Kyoh Yagami

Hometown:
Numera Town

Strengths:
Bravery, Courage, Kindness

Weaknesses:
Water (Can't Swim), Darkness, Cute things

Habits and Quirks:
Bites his fingernails when he's nervous, runs his hands through his hair when he's frustrated

Goal or Purpose:
To become the greatest and visit all the regions and become a Master Pokemon Trainer.

Inabilities:
As mentioned earlier he can't swim, he can't deal with small children.

Fears:
Loosing everything and failing at his dream.

Personality:
Kyon is an upbeat and happy individual. He's sunny and always looking on the bright side of things. His outlook on life is positive. Kyon can be a bit of a trickster and likes to play tricks on people. Though being a bit childish he can be serious at times when needed, he knows when the time for joking is over. He's brave and courageous and would probably be the first one to check out a strange place on one else wants to go into.

Back story:
(Is it possible to RP this out?)

Desired Pokemon Starter:
Pikachu

Desired Team:
Pikachu (Starter)
Eevee

Dratini
Houndour
Riolu
Frillish

Last edited by a moderator:
635388698395860526.png

Character Name:
Kyoh Yagami

Hometown:
Numera Town

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Habits and Quirks:
Bites his fingernails when he's nervous, runs his hands through his hair when he's frustrated

Goal or Purpose:
To become the greatest and visit all the regions and become a Master Pokemon Trainer.

Inabilities:

Fears:

Personality:
Kyon is an upbeat and happy individual. He's sunny and always looking on the bright side of things. His outlook on life is positive. Kyon can be a bit of a trickster and likes to play tricks on people. Though being a bit childish he can be serious at times when needed, he knows when the time for joking is over. He's brave and courageous and would probably be the first one to check out a strange place on one else wants to go into.

Back story:

Desired Pokemon Starter:
Pikachu

Desired Team:
Pikachu (Starter)
Eevee

Dratini
Houndour
Riolu
Frillish
I'd like for you to have a backstory since the majority had to have one in order to be accepted.

635388698395860526.png

Character Name:
Kyoh Yagami

Hometown:
Numera Town

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Habits and Quirks:

Goal or Purpose:

Inabilities:

Fears:

Personality:

Back story:

Desired Pokemon Starter:
Pikachu

Desired Team:
Pikachu (Starter)
Eevee

Dratini
Houndour
Riolu
Frillish
Like True Self said, a back story is required, even if you want to Roleplay it out. It can be two paragraphs (3 to 5 sentences per paragraph) with why he wanted to start his journey recently and you can give a short summary of his family members and their relationship with him too. We just want to know a little bit more about his character and what he has been through his fourteen years on this world. If you want to keep some of it a secret til later, that's fine. No need to go all out on the back story.

• Thank You
Reactions: True North
Finally got around to posting, sorry for taking so long @Aeronfarron

On a side note, I added a Pokemon bio for Torchic to my CS. Have a look see if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.