Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT

I just realized how the pokemon battles will be determined :bsmile:

You will choose your pokemon that you have caught or obtained (so far) on Pokemonshowdown.com
*When you get to the website - click on play online not install.*

The battle will take place there and I will upload the video of the recorded battle off there to put in the posts.
The website plays out battles just like in the games. Items are not allowed though.

A written description of the battle would not be necessary since the video would be put in the post, just the before and after details would be needed.
Each battle MUST have me or a Co-gm present within the battles to count as a witness. Or it won't count at all.

If you have trouble figuring out the site I mentioned then let me know and I'll help you understand how to set stats in such ~
This is a fair and trusted way battles can take place. The evidence would be clear.

If you guys would prefer a dice roll and written battle then let me know :P
Those tend to drag on tho...

IMPORTANT

I just realized how the pokemon battles will be determined :bsmile:

You will choose your pokemon that you have caught or obtained (so far) on Pokemonshowdown.com
*When you get to the website - click on play online not install.*

The battle will take place there and I will upload the video of the recorded battle off there to put in the posts.
The website plays out battles just like in the games. Items are not allowed though.

A written description of the battle would not be necessary since the video would be put in the post, just the before and after details would be needed.
Each battle MUST have me or a Co-gm present within the battles to count as a witness. Or it won't count at all.

If you have trouble figuring out the site I mentioned then let me know and I'll help you understand how to set stats in such ~
This is a fair and trusted way battles can take place. The evidence would be clear.

That seems like.. not fun.

I mean it'd be better if we got to write out our battles and determine who will win in the OOC i mean considering this would have a anime styled kind of fights.

But if we can't figure out who wins then we can use that.

We don't have to do it that way if the majority doesn't want to.
It's neat to see my pokemon team on there that I intend to have in the RP :)

Oh yeah, I never posted the list of Pokemon I was thinking my character would catch.

(In no particular order)
Treecko - Starter
Slakoth - Numera
Shinx - Thunderlight
Buizel - Mermadelle
Sneasel- Shadowveil/Frostbait
Riolu - Inseta
Houndour - Shadowveil/ Inferno
Abra - Shadowveil
Murkrow - Shadowveil/ Cloudsloom

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like dice rolls honestly.

Also i'm just waiting for a post now.

I've been waiting on posting, so that @EchoRun and @Maxim get their reactions in so I had more to work with.
Also I have my eye on numel and I may choose Panpour instead of Pansear.
It's almost the end of the night... so I'll I'll just post a reply for you in a little @ResolverOshawott

I would have gotten in a reply sooner, but my siblings always seem to wait until I'm writing to need/want me. Sorry for the wait. :)

I've finally finished up my CS! I'll prepare my intro for once Alaric Is approved!

Also, I'm personally neutral on how battles should be determined, but I am against pre-determining the victor.

Last edited:
Working on my post now, sit tight! :D

As for battling...I'm not sure. Personally I think dice would be best if the result is not planned out beforehand by both players. Mostly because it otherwise allows for less creativity with battles. That being said, Pokemon Showdown can be used if the players can't decide who should win for some reason.

Reactions: True North
Working on my post now, sit tight! :D

As for battling...I'm not sure. Personally I think dice would be best if the result is not planned out beforehand by both players. Mostly because it otherwise allows for less creativity with battles. That being said, Pokemon Showdown can be used if the players can't decide who should win for some reason.

Yea what @Maxim said here. If the players can't decide who win then it can be determined through Pokemon Showdown.

Plus i'd like to be able to be creative in a battle, like in the anime Ash's Pikachu learned volt tackle by combining quick attack and thunderbolt and i intend to have something similar happen with Kyrie's pikachu (though it'd be really later on probably when it's a raichu).

Looks: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Have-no-fear-looker-Is-here-421541037

Character Name: Leo Ketchum
Age 65
Hometown: Palet Town, Kanto Region
Strengths: Leo is very good at communicating with pokemon, and is incrediblely intellectual. His skill in battle is rivaled only by a select few, and he has yet to be beaten while at his best. His strategies vary upon which of his pokemon he's using, but he lately has been in favor of drawing out battles to get the most out of them. Leo also strongly believes that pokemon and humans should share the burdens of combat if they can, and he's not above just punching people. In short, Leo's an all around weaknesses.
Weaknesses: Leo has two main flaws, the first being the most obvious: he's stubborn. For all his smarts, Leo is more stubborn than a Tauros with a Focus Sash. The second? Leo doesn't have all that much confidence in his abilities. Sure, he's all Ketchum bravado and guts on the outside, but deep down, he's terrified of failure. He's positively mortified that something horrible will happen, all because he couldn't meet the demands of him as champion. Lastly, Leo Ketchum actually would rather be known for his intelligence than his battle prowess.
Habits and Quirks: Leo cracks his knuckles, and eats like a Snorlax. He also is very appreciative of some of the more...private perks of being his region's strongest trainer.
Goal or Purpose: Normally, Leonardo is relaxing and waiting for challengers in the Pokemon League headquarters. However, news of the dangerous PokeWitch in the Epica region have interested him. If the native trainers are capable of handling this threat, that's wonderful. If not, then Leo is here to step in.
Talents: Leo claims to be an Empathic, someone who can feel the emotions of Pokemon and people. While some call him a charlatan, the general consensus seems to be that, not unlike Sabrina, he has supernatural power that grants him an edge. It has been stated by multiple Aurics that Leo also has an incredible aura.
Inabilities: Leo is horrible at forgiving himself, and would be completely socially inept if not for his empathy, which makes him only slightly substandard. He's also incapable of sitting still while someone is in danger, regardless of the risk, he'll Rubin anyway.
Fears: Failure, as listed above. Also, Zubats freak him out.
Personality: Leo is an idealist, and thinks of himself as a sort of hero. He strives for a world where people and Pokemon can live together in peace and happiness, and the world doesn't fall into jeopardy every five minutes. He's ungodly stubborn in his ideals, so much so that some say that on his visit to Sinnoh, he kicked Arceus in the shin. Obviously, this is untrue, but he probably would do it. In his stubborn idealism, he's discovered an unbridled love for teaching. He greatly enjoys imparting the wisdom he's gained to others, usually regardless of whether they want it.
Secret: Has a small personal army of warriors trained in fighting with and against Pokemon.
Backstory: Leo spent years traveling the world on his journey, and has hours of stories to tell. He's met, befriended, and battled multiple legendaries, and supposedly makes repeated trips to the island of Altomar, where rumor has it he spends time with Latios and Latias.
Desired Pokemon Starter: His first Pokemon was a Charmander.
Was this finished or still a WIP? @Eon
Also I think he looks more in his late 20's or early 30's.

@I.S. Zero Please add 7-8 more interesting sentences to your backstory and Alaric is good to go :)
Let me know when you're finished so I can look over it before you jump in the Ic.
If you need help with what to write about, lemme know and I will help you out.

Post is here.

EDIT: Never mind this spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
My latest post is up :bananaman:

@True Self I might add info later, we'll see. And apparently there's not a single decent picture of an old Pokemon trainer. I used some Looker fanart, so just grey up his hair and wrinkle his face some.

You'll need to work on it a little more before I will accept it @Eon.
Specifically on Leo's backstory. Lemme know if you'd like some ideas to add.
Two 6-8 sentence paragraphs added to it should be acceptable. I'll need to take a second look tho.

@True Self I edited it. Anything else you'd like to know about?

Looks: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Have-no-fear-looker-Is-here-421541037

Character Name: Leo Ketchum
Age 65
Hometown: Palet Town, Kanto Region
Strengths: Leo is very good at communicating with pokemon, and is incrediblely intellectual. His skill in battle is rivaled only by a select few, and he has yet to be beaten while at his best. His strategies vary upon which of his pokemon he's using, but he lately has been in favor of drawing out battles to get the most out of them. Leo also strongly believes that pokemon and humans should share the burdens of combat if they can, and he's not above just punching people. In short, Leo's an all around weaknesses.
Weaknesses: Leo has two main flaws, the first being the most obvious: he's stubborn. For all his smarts, Leo is more stubborn than a Tauros with a Focus Sash. The second? Leo doesn't have all that much confidence in his abilities. Sure, he's all Ketchum bravado and guts on the outside, but deep down, he's terrified of failure. He's positively mortified that something horrible will happen, all because he couldn't meet the demands of him as champion. Lastly, Leo Ketchum actually would rather be known for his intelligence than his battle prowess.
Habits and Quirks: Leo cracks his knuckles, and eats like a Snorlax. He also is very appreciative of some of the more...private perks of being his region's strongest trainer.
Goal or Purpose: Normally, Leonardo is relaxing and waiting for challengers in the Pokemon League headquarters. However, news of the dangerous PokeWitch in the Epica region have interested him. If the native trainers are capable of handling this threat, that's wonderful. If not, then Leo is here to step in.
Talents: Leo claims to be an Empathic, someone who can feel the emotions of Pokemon and people. While some call him a charlatan, the general consensus seems to be that, not unlike Sabrina, he has supernatural power that grants him an edge. It has been stated by multiple Aurics that Leo also has an incredible aura.
Inabilities: Leo is horrible at forgiving himself, and would be completely socially inept if not for his empathy, which makes him only slightly substandard. He's also incapable of sitting still while someone is in danger, regardless of the risk, he'll Rubin anyway.
Fears: Failure, as listed above. Also, Zubats freak him out.
Personality: Leo is an idealist, and thinks of himself as a sort of hero. He strives for a world where people and Pokemon can live together in peace and happiness, and the world doesn't fall into jeopardy every five minutes. He's ungodly stubborn in his ideals, so much so that some say that on his visit to Sinnoh, he kicked Arceus in the shin. Obviously, this is untrue, but he probably would do it. In his stubborn idealism, he's discovered an unbridled love for teaching. He greatly enjoys imparting the wisdom he's gained to others, usually regardless of whether they want it.
Secret: Has a small personal army of warriors trained in fighting with and against Pokemon.
Backstory: Leo spent years traveling the world on his journey, and has hours of stories to tell. He's met, befriended, and battled multiple legendaries, and supposedly makes repeated trips to the island of Altomar, where rumor has it he spends time with Latios and Latias.

Leo's journey began when he was ten, when he received a Charmander by the name of Blaze from a Pokemon professor. The first Pokemon he ever caught was a Weedle, and from there he managed to catch one of every non-legendary Pokemon. While he had all eight badges, Leo avoided the elite four, and instead made the trek for the Johto region. While in Johto, he aided in the stopping of his first cataclysm. A nefarious group planned to harness the power of Lugia to ravage the world in revenge for the fall of someone Leo had never met, by the name of Giovanni. Leo avoided capturing Lugia, and instead set the creature free. At 17, he journeyed to the Hoenn region.

While in Hoenn, Leo primarily spent the money he'd earned in his travels, and purchased a nice home. He also established a loose guild of trainers that still exists today. Eventually, he finished the gym challenge and moved on to the Sinnoh region. In Sinnoh, Leo had his greatest battle. Over the course of three days, Leo and his team battled the combined might of Dialga, Palkia, and Garitina. The battle devastated a mountain, but with the help of his Pokemon, Leo captured Garitina and sent Dialga and Palkia back to whence they came.

From there, it was on to Unova, where he discovered his allergy to a common plant in that region, and spent most of his time unable to breathe properly. By the time he reached Kalos, Leo was largely considered the strongest trainer alive, and he cleared the region with little problem.

Leonardo returned home to the Kanto region when he was 20 to challenge the elite four. It was then he became champion, and the guardian of the Kanto region. Under his 45 year reign, things have been pretty smooth and largely peaceful in his region.

Desired Pokemon Starter: His first Pokemon was a Charmander.

Going to be a tad critical on a few things,

Having a personal guild of warriors is a bit much. It'd be better to see how he fares on his own rather than having that kinda help. If he's as strong as you've made him out to be then he'd be able to handle most of anything on his own. It's the main characters job to take on conflict - having an army to help is like having a crutch.

Befriending many legendaries is kinda farfetched. In this RP legendaries choose who they connect with and are open towards by an unknown level of understanding. They don't just befriend anyone and everyone. Also, I'd say befriending Giratina is more acceptable than catching him. Catching a legendary disrupts the balance in the Pokemon world like in the anime.

Lastly, how about make him 45-55 instead of 65? His hair would be graying or early white, but he wouldn't look like he could break a hip bone if he threw a poke ball too fast like if he were in his mid sixties :P

Going to be a tad critical on a few things,

Having a personal guild of warriors is a bit much. It'd be better to see how he fares on his own rather than having that kinda help. If he's as strong as you've made him out to be then he'd be able to handle most of anything on his own. It's the main characters job to take on conflict - having an army to help is like having a crutch.

Befriending many legendaries is kinda farfetched. In this RP legendaries choose who they connect with and are open towards by an unknown level of understanding. They don't just befriend anyone and everyone. Also, I'd say befriending Giratina is more acceptable than catching him. Catching a legendary disrupts the balance in the Pokemon world like in the anime.

Lastly, how about make him 45-55 instead of 65? His hair would be graying or early white, but he wouldn't look like he could break a hip bone if he threw a poke ball too fast like if he were in his mid sixties :P

Alright. I wasn't really sure where I wanted him to be on the power meter, so I'm fine with changing stuff. I wasn't sure if this was more like the games or anime, so thanks for the clarification. I'll stick to just one legendary, I think.

I imagined him as a sort of master-splinter type, someone who is more than capable of fighting, but just kinda' doesn't unless forced to, but the dojo was never meant to come up in a meaningful way. It just seemed like the sort of thing he'd have, and so I wrote it in.

As for age, isn't Alder in his sixties? I don't think his age poses any serious problem...Is there any problem with it?

Reactions: True North
Hmm..This is anime physics after all so I'll get over that he's 65 :P I'm usually a realistic thinker, and I need to remind myself that this is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.