Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it would happen often though since our pokemon would be in their pokeballs most of the time.

On a side note i may or may not post today as turns out there's going to be a "surprise visit from a beloved relative A.K.A my youngest aunt", and i have to get ready.

@Eon, I'm not sure about the older character idea. I usually like for everyone to start out as beginners.

The champ probably wouldn't interfere with the young, up and starting trainers, unless they actively wanted him to. Shy of someone player-controlled actually challenging him to a battle, he'd just be there to help keep the plot on track and give some sagely advice. Hell, he probably wouldn't even be around for the entire story, at least not openly.

Yeah, I think I'd be cool with that. Get a CS up and I'll take a look :P

If a conflict arises though, then it'd be best for him to sit back and see how the young characters resolve it. That way they learn how to push through adversities on their own. He can help and intervene if things get too out of hand of course.

So with Shadow, Zero, and Dawn intending to post (After finising up their Cs's) + Eon interested in joining, that makes 9 of us total.
Shadowcatcher sorta just went MIA, so I don't know about her.

Last edited:
Notice ~~

Everyone who has posted an intro can start getting in their second replies and such.

It's time to get this ship sailing at a consistent pace. There's been more than enough time to finish up CS's.
Those of you who will be joining will have the oppurtunity to pop in, but I don't want to hold up those who are ready.

Posting at least once a day is a requirement and I won't keep reminding anyone.
I myself intend to post two-three times a day if my schedule allows it.

Last edited:
@Shadowcatcher hasn't been online since thursday and probably got busy and it might be a while before she finishes her character.

And oh yea will the RP someday close? i mean it wont be fun if new trainers join in when everyone is at the 8th gym.

She'll just have to finish it up for review and be behind then.
I'll close it for newcomers around the second or third town.

Oh yea another question (yay!).

Will there be a cameo from a canon character at some point in the RP? by what i mean canon i mean Ash or Red etc? i mean Ash seems rather famous in this region.

The Aquias region plot seems like it would attract a lot of attention, probably especially from Team Rocket.

I'd like to stay away from canon characters mainly.
They can be mentioned, but they are in the past.

The statue is suppose to be a memorial statue of Ash (deceased) Or I'd be fine with him being an older man.
The new organization will be orginal and not be linked to Team Rocket. (As far as I've decided)

Yeah, I think I'd be cool with that. Get a CS up and I'll take a look :P

If a conflict arises though, then it'd be best for him to sit back and see how the young characters resolve it. That way they learn how to push through adversities on their own. He can help and intervene if things get too out of hand of course.

That's just how I wanted it. I'll get to work.

Reactions: True North
Great, I've added the towns 'quick reference' under the places spoiler on the 1st pg. everyone ~
You've seen it before, but just so you know and can check it when you need to.

Where would we be able to find ground type pokemon? i mean if we can find them in Numera Town that means people can catch a Gibble rather early on.

Lovewood - Fairy & Ground

^ Went back and edited that in :P

Awesome!

Oh yea i'm not sure if anyone had asked this yet but is there some kind of restriction on shiny pokemon? like for example there can only be two shinies per person or something like that. Or shinies are not allowed completely?

Looks: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Have-no-fear-looker-Is-here-421541037

Character Name: Leo Ketchum
Age 65
Hometown: Palet Town, Kanto Region
Strengths: Leo is very good at communicating with pokemon, and is incrediblely intellectual. His skill in battle is rivaled only by a select few, and he has yet to be beaten while at his best. His strategies vary upon which of his pokemon he's using, but he lately has been in favor of drawing out battles to get the most out of them. Leo also strongly believes that pokemon and humans should share the burdens of combat if they can, and he's not above just punching people. In short, Leo's an all around weaknesses.
Weaknesses: Leo has two main flaws, the first being the most obvious: he's stubborn. For all his smarts, Leo is more stubborn than a Tauros with a Focus Sash. The second? Leo doesn't have all that much confidence in his abilities. Sure, he's all Ketchum bravado and guts on the outside, but deep down, he's terrified of failure. He's positively mortified that something horrible will happen, all because he couldn't meet the demands of him as champion. Lastly, Leo Ketchum actually would rather be known for his intelligence than his battle prowess.
Habits and Quirks: Leo cracks his knuckles, and eats like a Snorlax. He also is very appreciative of some of the more...private perks of being his region's strongest trainer.
Goal or Purpose: Normally, Leonardo is relaxing and waiting for challengers in the Pokemon League headquarters. However, news of the dangerous PokeWitch in the Epica region have interested him. If the native trainers are capable of handling this threat, that's wonderful. If not, then Leo is here to step in.
Talents: Leo claims to be an Empathic, someone who can feel the emotions of Pokemon and people. While some call him a charlatan, the general consensus seems to be that, not unlike Sabrina, he has supernatural power that grants him an edge. It has been stated by multiple Aurics that Leo also has an incredible aura.
Inabilities: Leo is horrible at forgiving himself, and would be completely socially inept if not for his empathy, which makes him only slightly substandard. He's also incapable of sitting still while someone is in danger, regardless of the risk, he'll run in anyway.
Fears: Failure, as listed above. Also, Zubats freak him out.
Personality: Leo is an idealist, and thinks of himself as a sort of hero. He strives for a world where people and Pokemon can live together in peace and happiness, and the world doesn't fall into jeopardy every five minutes. He's ungodly stubborn in his ideals, so much so that some say that on his visit to Sinnoh, he kicked Arceus in the shin. Obviously, this is untrue, but he probably would do it. In his stubborn idealism, he's discovered an unbridled love for teaching. He greatly enjoys imparting the wisdom he's gained to others, usually regardless of whether they want it.
Secret: One time, when he was incredibly drunk, the champion snagged a Jinx. It is his most guarded secret.
Backstory: Leo spent years traveling the world on his journey, and has hours of stories to tell. He's met and battled multiple legendaries, and supposedly makes repeated trips to the island of Altomar, where rumor has it he spends time with Latios and Latias.

Leo's journey began when he was ten, when he received a Charmander by the name of Blaze from a Pokemon professor. The first Pokemon he ever caught was a Weedle, and from there he managed to catch one of every non-legendary Pokemon. While he had all eight badges, Leo avoided the elite four, and instead made the trek for the Johto region. While in Johto, he aided in the stopping of his first cataclysm. A nefarious group planned to harness the power of Lugia to ravage the world in revenge for the fall of someone Leo had never met, by the name of Giovanni. Leo avoided capturing Lugia, and instead set the creature free. The two aren't exactly friends, more like two people who talked once.At 17, he journeyed to the Hoenn region.

While in Hoenn, Leo primarily spent the money he'd earned in his travels, and purchased a nice home.Eventually, he finished the gym challenge and moved on to the Sinnoh region. In Sinnoh, Leo had his greatest battle. Over the course of three days, Leo and his team battled the combined might of Dialga, Palkia, and Garitina. The battle devastated a mountain, but with the help of his Pokemon, Leo sealed away Garitina and sent Dialga and Palkia back to whence they came.

From there, it was on to Unova, where he discovered his allergy to a common plant in that region, and spent most of his time unable to breathe properly. By the time he reached Kalos, Leo was largely considered the strongest trainer alive, and he cleared the region with little problem.

Leonardo returned home to the Kanto region when he was 20 to challenge the elite four. It was then he became champion, and the guardian of the Kanto region. Under his 45 year reign, things have been pretty smooth and largely peaceful in his region.

Desired Pokemon Starter: His first Pokemon was a Charmander.

Last edited:
Awesome!

Oh yea i'm not sure if anyone had asked this yet but is there some kind of restriction on shiny pokemon? like for example there can only be two shinies per person or something like that. Or shinies are not allowed completely?
I condone shinies :) Since they are rare, then the most is like one-two per person like you suggested.
I was thinking of making my Noibat shiny since Shadowcatcher was having one too.

Here <- Isn't it adorable? ^.^ Idk if I'll have her shiny or not yet tho.

It's adorable til it evolves into a Noivern and wrecks your team.

On the other hand i may give Kyrie a shiny Aron and Kristy a shiny larvitar because i'm pretty sure someone else was planning on capturing those two.

Oh ok. How would it wreck my team?

I meant to say enemy teams XD.

But one ice beam to the face should take care of that quite nicely.

Jay doesn't battle his pokemon, so I won't worry with that :P
If he does try, he'd be smart enough to avoid pitting her against an ice type or a pokemon capable of ice moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.