Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good. I'd say that they are absorbed into the Pokemon when contact is made. We won't worry too much with Tm's and Hm's tho. This isn't exactly like the game. For instance, it wouldn't be necessary to find a disc for a Charizard in order to get on his back and soar through the sky. I think it's more realistic to actually train him how to fly properly instead.

Oh awesome then, it would make sense if a flying-type pokemon or any pokemon that can fly wont need a HM to fly their trainer to another town.

Though would that mean they can be taught how to use moves like Scald, Wild Charge and Ice Beam without the use of Tm's then?

Yes. The Pokemon has to be able to learn the TM or HM move according to Bulbapedia tho. I won't require everyone to buy discs in order to use a move in battle. As long as a move suits their pokemon's level and abilities then I'm ok with it.

Yes. The Pokemon has to be able to learn the TM or HM move according to Bulbapedia tho. I won't require everyone to buy discs in order to use a move in battle. As long as a move suits their pokemon's level and abilities then I'm ok with it.

So that means people can try their pokemon Tm moves without the use of Tms? like Ash teaching Pikachu how to use Iron Tail and Ash training his Staravia how to use Brave Bird with the flying type gym leader in one of the episodes?.

Ahah! Just read your finished Cs @Maxim, and I understand now why you were asking about the treasure in Aquias.
It threw me off, because the main focus at first is the PokeWitch in Epica.
I'll try and think of a good reason as to why and how the treasure got there, and let you know.

Infinity and Maxim are officially accepted fyi everyone. I see that the rest of you still have some work to do.

Btw - There is no Elite Four in Epica. There's a group I made up called the Legendary Brotherhood.
The Legendary Brotherhood fights with legendary pokemon, and they only accept challengers who:
  1. Have all eight badges
  2. Have befriended at least one legendary.
Yeah, right now I'm actually trying to think of a way to tie my character into the PokeWitch plot. Unless she's sitting on a pile of treasure for some reason though I have no idea how.

As for legendaries...I personally have my doubts as to how this is going to work (woo Arceus!), but sure why not. If I end up going for that, I'd probably find Meloetta (or maybe even pick up that Floette-E event legendary! :D)

Yeah, right now I'm actually trying to think of a way to tie my character into the PokeWitch plot. Unless she's sitting on a pile of treasure for some reason though I have no idea how.

As for legendaries...I personally have my doubts as to how this is going to work (woo Arceus!), but sure why not. If I end up going for that, I'd probably find Meloetta (or maybe even pick up that Floette-E event legendary! :D)

If we're mostly basing this off the anime, then legends like Arceus and the creation trio should be off limits to being captured considering they oh i don't know have the power to destroy literally everything if they were ask easy to catch in the games then Team Galactic would be ruling he universe by now, plus why the heck would they be restrained by a simple pokeball?.

Basically i think legends should have some kind of special reason to appear and fight a player, like to find lugia in the games you need the silver wing etc. Just to make it fun and such ya know, i highly doubt a powerful legendary would let it self get captured easily. (I would love to get Raikou or Latios though).

I never stated anything about capturing a legendary. I said befriend. I haven't figured out how that will work just yet, but yeah I think it will work like a summon. The legendaries won't belong to your character or even the legendary brothers. Plus I didn't say you had to fight with a legendary - I put that you had to befriend one (and provide proof) in order to battle the Brotherhood. Don't forget about mega evolutions.

Last edited:
Ah that makes more sense then.

I've noticed there's a few people from the interest check that haven't posted here yet. You might want to send them a VM to check on them.

Also, Mega Evolutions? How are those going to work, are you suggesting they're going to count as legendaries?

Ah that makes more sense then.

I've noticed there's a few people from the interest check that haven't posted here yet. You might want to send them a VM to check on them.

Also, Mega Evolutions? How are those going to work, are you suggesting they're going to count as legendaries?

Well some mega evolutions have or nearly have the base stat of a legendary (Mega Charizard is a very good example). And oh yea guys i can't choose between Cyndaquil and Oshawott, i feel like i would get wrecked by the Thunderlight Gym though then again i can get Oshawott in the 3rd gym whilst with Cyndaquil i would have to wait til the 7th gym.

No.. I'm saying that they can at least give legendaries a run for their money. I may have it where each member of the brotherhood has one legendary summon each, and then fights with their other Pokemon. (A set number) Mega evolutions will work just like in the games. You'll need the item for it and it only lasts for a temporary amount of time in battle, or outside of battle if you just want to show off.

Last edited:
I edited in a little ol pic of Froakie in my Cs :)
I'll keep a pokemon chart visual of everyone's pokemon in the OOC once the IC gets going.

I'll also be editing in my pokemon team pics into my character sheets as I catch them in the RP.
I encourage you all to do the same as well, so that the rest of us can reference from them.

Please do not edit in pokemon images that you have not caught yet ~

I changed Koshei's desired start to cyndaquil now.

Also i think i'l be scrapping Kyrie as a character and stick to Koshei for now (Simply because i do not have the muse to finish up her sheet and Koshei is pretty much done now but Kyrie is certainly going to get mentioned by her).

I'm also gonna get my list of what pokemon i'l catch soon once i make my choices lol.

Reactions: True North
Please add another 8-10 sentenes to Koshei's Backstory.
Maybe include the relationship with her mother or a memory she cherishes.
If you can't think of anything, I'll be happy to help with ideas.

Also, if you don't mind spacing out your Cs that'd look better imo.
Once you're finished with that then I'll give it another look :)

[spoili]

Name:

So after a long while of thinking i finally made my list.

(Probably not in the right order)
Cyndaquil (Starter duh)
Mareep (Or Flaffy)
Skiddo
Oshawott
Dratini (Or Dragonair)
Larvitar (Or Pupitar or Tyranitar)

Just a side note, the reason because some of those are not 1st stage evolutions simply because you encounter them like late into the game. (I.E Larvitar's evolution line). Though i'm sure encountering a tyranitar would be rare as hell and hella harder to catch than a pupitar or larvitar. (And i imagine dragonairs would be rare too but not as rare as encountering a 3rd evolution pokemon i'm sure i mean considering in Black & White 2 you have a 19% chance of encountering a dragonair if you use the super rod on the dark spots in the water).

I'm still unsure about some of those though so they may change.

On the other hand i'm revamping Koshei's backstory entirely so i can think of something better :D. While in the meantime i made the sheet look a bit beter.

Here are Town maps of the first two towns.
I intend to make maps for the other towns as well!

[spoili]
Numera
map%20of%20Numera_zpsm91xhpvn.png

[spoili]
Thunderlight
Thunderlight%20village_zpsm4hoa9na.png

[/spoili]

The places inside the maps are obviously not the only places within the towns.
They are just the main places and so that you guys have a visual.[/spoili]

You should add those and all accepted CS on the first page for quick reference so we don't have to look through all of this topic for something.

I added them to the OOC ~

Btw everyone, SilverCoder and EchoRun still intend on submitting character sheets.
I haven't heard back from Kota or AWayToTheDawn yet.
ShadowSlayer my other Co-Gm is working on his as well.

You might notice how the starting pokemon that I edited in for Robbin's Cs isn't a starter.
You'll see how he ends up with that one whenever the RP starts.

You might notice how the starting pokemon that I edited in for Robbin's Cs isn't a starter.
You'll see how he ends up with that one whenever the RP starts.
ERROR, OP GM PC DETECTED!

Ahem...at any rate I still plan to encounter Flabebe at Mermadelle, simply because it's a Grass town and Flabebe is pretty much a grass type in all but mechanics. (Not to mention, flowers!)

When you say only two Pokemon per day, do you mean you're going to decide a day/night cycle?

Yeah, I told you we could work that out with flabebe being released there by a retired trainer or something.
Twice a day meaning our real time days. No need to rush with getting all six pokemon asap. The fun is in the journey.
The time between catching a new pokemon is best spent bonding with and training the pokemon you've already caught.

Yeah, I told you we could work that out with flabebe being released there by a retired trainer or something.
Twice a day meaning our real time days. No need to rush with getting all six pokemon asap. The fun is in the journey.
The time between catching a new pokemon is best spent bonding with and training the pokemon you've already caught.
All right. That works then.

*Sees the Pokemon Shelter in Thunderlight Village* Hmm...*plot twist gears start turning*

Just a couple more things:

1. How long ago was this whole debacle with Annika getting booted from the village? How widely known is it that she's the PokeWitch?

2. Have you considered combining the two plots? It might give some justification as to why Annika was banished other than "These people were being random jerks". Then again that'd leave Aquias without a plot so it could be a good or bad idea.

(Hope my barrage of questions isn't annoying anyone. I'm just curious about this roleplay. :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.