Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right. That works then.

*Sees the Pokemon Shelter in Thunderlight Village* Hmm...*plot twist gears start turning*

Just a couple more things:

1. How long ago was this whole debacle with Annika getting booted from the village? How widely known is it that she's the PokeWitch?

2. Have you considered combining the two plots? It might give some justification as to why Annika was banished other than "These people were being random jerks". Then again that'd leave Aquias without a plot so it could be a good or bad idea.

(Hope my barrage of questions isn't annoying anyone. I'm just curious about this roleplay. :) )
It's good that you're asking questions! The incident with Annika will have happened recently when the Ic begins. She isn't known to be the Pokewitch, but the Pokewitch name will be spread throughout the region when a witness comes forth and people start to go missing. I'm not sure about combining the plots, but I would consider it a possibility.

tomboy-girl-57308874778.jpeg

Name: Beatrice (Bee) Alcott
Hometown: Shadowveil Village

Strengths: Bee is good at analyzing other trainer's battle strategies, and she tries to adjust her strategy to counter their's. For the most part, she tries to make sure her Pokemon are fast, and they can hit with accuracy.

Weaknesses: If she's under a great amount of pressure, she's likely to make impulsive, rushed decisions. This often shows when she's not doing very well in a battle. She also speaks to herself when she's thinking, and if a trainer were to focus on what she was saying, they might be able to figure out what she's planning. Also, she has a tendency to avoid problems, especially ones she doesn't feel like she can deal with.

Habits and Quirks: Whenever Bee is in deep thought, she will tap little rhythms on whatever surface is available. She also has a tendency to mutter her thoughts out loud, and often speaks with hand gestures. There are times when she just zones out for long periods of time because she's lost in thought.

Goal or Purpose: Bee's current goal is to prove to her family that they weren't wrong in letting her leave the village. She's not really sure what she'll do after that.

Talents: Bee's surprisingly good at making and fixing things. She's also picked up sewing from her mom. She's also a huge history/ mythology nerd, so she knows a lot of legends and stuff concerning Pokemon.

Inabilities: Her depth perception isn't anything to brag about, and neither are her reflexes. She's also not much of a cook, so she tries to stick to simple recipes. She's also stressed out rather easily when it comes to people and issues.

Fears: Bee's biggest fear is losing someone close to her, be it human or Pokemon. Drowning is another fear of hers, so while she may not avoid water itself, don't expect her to eagerly dive into anything deep. That, and the ocean, her reasoning behind that being that it's so huge and unknown. She's also still a little afraid of the old asylum and some Ghost Pokemon make her uneasy, but she can't let anyone know that, now can she?

Personality: When it comes to decision making, she likes to take time to analyze every possible option before making a choice. However, she doesn't work as well under pressure. When she's with someone she knows really well, she shows a more playful and childish side of her. She's very determined and will almost never turn down a dare if she doesn't see it as idiotic. She tries to encourage others, like she's always done with her little brother. She tries to be fair, especially if she feels she has some kind of advantage. Although Bee says she'd be fine on her own, she prefers to have the company of others. Bee does worry that she'll mess something up and end up alone again. She has trouble with large crowds in small places, and talking to people who she feels she'd be bothering. She also has a tendency to avoid problems, rather than facing them head on like she should.

Backstory: As a child, Beatrice was constantly seeking adventure. She vividly remembers exploring the village with other children and playing a game to see who would get closest to the old Asylum. Her parents were watchful, and made sure that she was being careful when she went out and learning what she needed to know to do well in the village. They also fostered her imagination, and told her stories about great Pokemon and trainers.

She has a brother, named Malcom, that was four years younger than her. When he was old enough, he'd often tag along with Beatrice on her walks. She introduced him to the other children, and showed him random places she considered to be of importance throughout the village.

When Beatrice was twelve, she got closest to the Asylum anyone of the small group of children had ever been. Malcom had been bragging that afternoon that Beatrice would do anything no matter how scary it was. Despite her refusal that no, she wouldn't, someone dared her to touch the Asylum. Being the sensible child she was, there was only one option for her.

She ran up to the building and slapped a hand on the front doors.

Shortly after that a loud sound came from inside, and every one of the children scattered. The next day, everyone seemed to be avoiding her. Malcom went to investigate, and came back to tell her that the others believed it wasn't safe to play with her anymore, for fear that the ex-trainer was going to come after her. They even refused to say her name. No matter what she did, no one would talk to her for very long, and they began to refer to her as Bee.

This was the point when Bee became more careful when she made decisions. It was also when she began doubting of everyone's superstitions. She was lonely, and missed running around with the others. During this period of isolation, she spent a lot of time dreaming about leaving the town and going on an adventure like in the stories her parents used to tell her. If there was a challenger at the gym, she'd sometimes go and watch the battle. She found the different Pokemon that came through with their trainers interesting and would sometimes ask their trainers about them and what it was like in other cities, as her parents seemed to discourage the very idea of visiting another town.

Malcom was one of the few who still talked to her besides her parents, and he kept her up to date with what the group was doing, though as time went on, she began to act like she cared less and less. When the other kids began to talk to her again, she found it difficult to interact with them. While she would hang out with them, it wasn't the same as it was before the Asylum incident. Instead she found herself spending her time at the Gym and around town like she had done.

It wasn't until Bee heard about the Professor opening the lab to new trainers in Numera Town that she felt she had a good reason to leave. Of course, the idea had come to her before now, but when she brought it up to her parents, they wouldn't hear it, for fear of the curse. This time she came to them with a plan. Bee told them about the opportunity in Numera, and said that she wouldn't live up to anything done if she stayed there. She promised them that if she wasn't able to handle being a trainer, she'd return to the village and stay.

They agreed, and so she left for Numera.

Desired Starter Pokemon: Treecko
th

Pokemon so far:
-Treecko. Male.
Moves: Pound, Absorb, Leer, Pursuit

-Slakoth. Male.
Moves: Scratch, Yawn, Slack Off, Feint Attack

Battle Theme?

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted, EchoRun :)

Reactions: EchoRun
Character Name:

Terrell Syrus

Male

Hometown:

Numera Town

Strengths:

Many hours of studies have left Terrell with expansive knowledge of pokemon team compositions and movesets. He has a burning passion for pokemon battling shared in magnitude with few others. Terrell is very determined and strong-willed. Once his mind is set to something he'll get it done! He also has a large goal in mind to strive for throughout an adventure in Epica and to other regions. While he is very focused on battles, and expects the same of his team, he never forgets to show them the love they deserve.

Weaknesses:

Well, Terrell's mind gets set to something and he just won't stop trying. He has trouble admitting defeat, although he isn't a "sore-loser" when he does. He relies heavily on his knowledge of battling and isn't the best at creating newer strategies on the fly for battles when something throws him off. Terrell also feels as if he never knows enough and needs to study more, and this intensifies when he loses a battle.

Habits and Quirks:

Often Terrell will throw one of his team's pokeballs up slightly into the air and catch it like a nervous habit. He also carries around a notepad to take notes on the battle quickly afterwards for later review.

Goal or Purpose:

Growing up in Numera Town, Terrell has heard many stories of the "great" trainers of history such as Ash Ketchum. This drove him to declare as a child that he would grow up to be "just like them!" He's continued to hold this goal close to him while he waited to begin an adventure, and hopes to inspire young trainers one day similar to how history inspired him. His long term goal is to become an immensely strong trainer, and each battle is a short term goal to overcome for him.

Inabilities:

Terrell lacks the skills to change up his battle strategy too much on the fly. He knows many strategies and counter strategies often used in "competitive" teams of pokemon, but when his opponent deviates too much from his knowledge beforehand he has issues keeping up with them. He can't ever convince himself that he has ever learned enough about battling, especially just through the books that he has read. Issues with admitting defeat also lead to him trying to review a lost battle until he figures out exactly what went wrong and exactly what to do to fix it.

Fears:

Fearing that he will fail in his goal to become one of the greatest trainers in the world is one of Terrell's largest worries. He wishes to become one of the best, and he won't show it outwardly but he is terrified of his own failure in this goal. Terrell also is slightly afraid of many bug pokemon, although not all of them. Butterfree is perfectly fine, but Beedrill just horrify him.

Personality:

Hot headed and driven to win more than anyone else (at least he belives that,) Terrell's passion for battling and winning to become stronger are both extremely present throughout his entire personality. He's slightly a bookworm, but only because he can never be sure that he knows enough to win upcoming battles. He likes making friends with others, especially those who share his love of battle. Often this love leads to him talking about battling and strategy more than an average person, and can get annoying to others. Not realizing that it can be annoying he often keeps talking and doesn't understand why some people get bothered by him.

Backstory:

Terrell grew up with his mother and father throughout most of his life in Numera Town. He was born in the region, and his parents decided to settle there before his birth due to his mother's parents living there. Often time his mother, being a nurse, and father, being a fire-fighter, were busy with their jobs so Terrell's grandparents helped to raise him and take care of him as a child with their own Eevee and Skitty as playmates. His love of having pokemon as friends grew strong at a very young age, especially as he heard the stories about great trainers and their impact on history from his grandfather. Many of the stories told of Ash Ketchum and his adventures throughout many of the regions in the world. Terrell began to study pokemon battles from a young age, although his parents never truly believed he had planned to go on an adventure around the Epica region and the world to "become a trainer like one of the ones Grandpa told stories about!" They had expected the phase to pass, but he hasn't stopped studying and trying to become more knowledgeable. He's tried to convince his parents he's been ready for an adventure since he was twelve, but they hadn't allowed him to leave the house for a dangerous adventure until he was older and could find people to go with so he wouldn't be alone out in the wilderness. He feels old enough now that his 16th birthday has just passed, and hopes to find some others willing to start an adventure from Numera Town to convince his parents to allow him to go.

Hearing that the professor was planning to open the lab to help newer trainers get started, Terrell felt that this was his chance to convince both his mother and father that he can handle himself. Excitement filled him as he hopes to find others to share a journey with, both to keep him company and convince his parents to allow him to go.

(Sorry for backstory feeling... empty. I just can't get anything more than that to pop out of my head at 2:00 AM. If it isn't sufficient I will be able to come up with something more than this when I'm not so tired.. Haha. )

Desired Pokemon Starter:

Fennekin

(Also sorry for taking so long to post it, I kept putting off creating the character hoping for something to pop into my head beforehand and I was just hitting a wall. I said I'd post it before today and while I may even be slightly later than that I wanted to be sure my character was there. Also sorry for not having a picture, I will try to find one and edit it into the post later. Wading through pictures on the internet to find the right one is abit much for now. Sorry! Haha hopefully what is here is enough for now though.. :) )

Koshei's backstory might take a while to finish since i'm making two other characters on another fairly advanced pokemon roleplay. Thought i should point that out.

I flipped and totaled my car this morning. I'm blessed to even be alive right now posting this.
I'm going to be in some pain for the next few days, so just fyi

If we need to wait a few days for you to recover before starting the RP, i'm down for it.

But it's good to see you alive after that accident. Try not to do anything big while you recover.

• Thank You
Reactions: True North
Dayum bro, that's harsh. Glad to know you're alright and take your time man, we'll be here waiting for ya.

• Thank You
Damn I'm really sorry to hear that!! I'm glad you're at least okay and hope you heal up and feel better quickly!

• Thank You
Thanks guys :heart:

I have some neck pain and bump on my head, but mostly untouched anywhere else.
The wreck looks like it shoulda caused more injury, and they said I was lucky for surviving.
The airbags in my car did not deploy and they were surprised how I got out with minor injuries.
I'm still going to feel the extent of the pain in the morning tho.... I'm dreading that.

Thanks guys :heart:

I have some neck pain and bump on my head, but mostly untouched anywhere else.
The wreck looks like it shoulda caused more injury, and they said I was lucky for surviving.
The airbags in my car did not deploy and they were surprised how I got out with minor injuries.
I'm still going to feel the extent of the pain in the morning tho.... I'm dreading that.

Aw, get yourself some few days or hell even weeks of rest if you'd like. Like i said we'll be here waiting for ya.

I'm not going anywhere! I'll definitely be waiting for this if you need to take some time off! Haha It's really surprising you're mostly unharmed although I'm extremely happy to hear it!

• Love
Judging by how I feel today - I don't believe it'll distract me from posting.
I'm sore, but I'm not experiencing headache or anything.

Judging by how I feel today - I don't believe it'll distract me from posting.
I'm sore, but I'm not experiencing headache or anything.
That's good to hear!! Glad you're just sore compared to what some of the alternatives are! Haha

True! I'm going to go ahead and post the Ic that way most of you can get your intro's in.
Then we'll wait for shadow before posting anymore.
Infinity and Shadow may have nostalgia when reading it :P

Here it is - The Ic
I'll try not to make my regular posts as long.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Maxim
(WIP)

j0jyGPq.png

Character Name: Jorge Mednug

Hometown: Thunderlight Village

Strengths: Jorge is an intimidating young man for good reason who'd rather fight first and ask questions later, due to this he can be rather "persuasive" when he desires information or even something trivial as gum. He takes no threats, sass, or nonsense from anyone and is ready to come back 2 times harder. He is street savvy and would rather rely on his instincts than think of things beforehand. Jorge's strategy happens to actually be two. One where he will go straight for the kill, attempting to take out the opponent before they can do anything devastating. The other is a bit more thought out in which his Pokemon power themselves to their limit followed by the unleashing of their powered-up moves.

Weaknesses: Jorge is someone who comes off very strong and can't seem to get the grasp on manners, because of this he is seen as rude and a brute. His strength is also a curse, just by the look of his face, the sound of his voice, or the way he talks everyone thinks he is out for blood. The situation makes it hard for him to make decent friends or let alone have a conversation with a normal person. In battle he can sometimes tend to get reckless trying to go for the win without thinking twice and when his Pokemon are powered-up he tends to leave them out for as long as possible.

Habits and Quirks: Jorge has a bad habit of having no manners such as taking/looking at stuff without permission, no Please/Thank You/Excuse Me/etc, and a vulgar vocabulary. Just a few examples of the basics.

Goal or Purpose: He hopes to change his life for the better not knowing what that may be, but staying in Thunderlight is not going to help. What better opportunity for a fresh start than to start a journey.

Inabilities:

Fears: Jorge fears that he will go back to his old lifestyle. No changes.

Secret: He actually can be nice, but he thinks of it as a weakness so he tries to suppress it as much as he can.

Personality: Jorge is a very pugnacious young man who feels he has to prove he is the man to everyone. He's been running with a bad crew for as long as he could remember and always learned the wrong, but never the right. In Thunderlight it's always been the survival of the fittest and that's how Jorge always rolled. Yet, these life lessons that he's learned throughout the years has made him strong. He always knows what, how, and when things need to be done! Once his mind is set on something decision is final.

Despite Jorge's tough guy act he can actually be somewhat of a nice person, but in Thunderlight there is no room for being nice. So, instead he tends to keep it to himself and be the grump of his future group.

Backstory:

Desired Pokemon Starter: Totodile

7xfdhma.png

(I'm sure you'll all have fun interacting with Super Nice Jorge here aha. I will definitely finish this up today! I'm still working up the backstory in my head. Nothing written is quite permanent... the backstory might end with my having to edit stuff a bit.)

(Anyways... What's up everyone? I'm the other CO-GM. Sorry I've been playing Where on Earth is ShadowSlayer? But... yea can't wait to Rp with all of you. Also forgive my being rusty.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright i'm actually gonna work on my character's backstory now since everyone else is starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.