Status
Not open for further replies.
echo___oc_trainer_by_tomycase-d7ogfqg.png

Character Name:
Krizelle "Kristy" Katoteshi

Hometown:
Numera Town

Strengths:
She usually is fairly picky of what pokemon she catches and adds to her team, she will not want it if it isn't strong enough in her eyes she most likely wont be adding it to her team or let alone catch it, so better expect some fairly strong pokemon from her. Has no preference for any types so she could have 6 pokemon with different types in her team, which would make it quite hard to take her down if your pokemon's typing is limited.

Weaknesses:
Her pickyness over what pokemon she catches and adds to her time can also double as a weakness as she can sometimes greatly underestimate said pokemon. She also has the problem of being egotistical and being on the arrogant side.

Habits and Quirks:
She is quite organized, she usually gets annoyed if something is out of place. She also carries around a few note books and pens to take notes of anything interesting or just simply record her progress or basically anything she finds important, though she wont like it if you decided to read them though.

Goal or Purpose:
To become the very best there ever was of course. In her eyes that means becoming the region champion or just an elite four.

Inabilities:
Often relies on gadgets as she can't read paper maps to save her life.

Fears:
Despite how cold she seems sometimes, she greatly fears anything bad happening to her pokemon and especially her adopted sibling, Kyrie. She also has a fear of some ghost types, bug type and eve psychic type pokemon, this fear isn't strong enough to make panic around them but she will try to keep her distance, though bare in mind she isn't gonna give you a straight answer if you ask her why she's afraid of those pokemon types.

Secrets:
She is born in Shadowvail Village and her mother died giving birth to her. Only a few people know about this and heck she thinks her Aunt and Uncle In Law are her biological parents and doesn't know her real parents are pretty much gone, but what she does know is that she was born in Shadowvail Village but been told they just moved out of there.

Personality:
She is a odd mix between bubbly and energetic and fairly stoic (but not cold) and quiet though one thing you can certain with is that she often make sarcastic and snarky remarks and is quite clever with her words when it comes to heated arguements that she wants to end or just avoid but it doesn't mean what she'll say would be nice either. Though if you look past her negative side, you'd know she is a great friend who will always have your back.

Backstory:
Kristy was in fact not born in Numera Town but instead she was born in Shadowvail Village to a Single Mother whom died giving birth to her due to complications (Cardiac Arrest to be exact). And thus had to be raised by her Aunt and Uncle In Law who reside in Numera Town as they don't want her to land in a orphanage or get adopted by not very good parents.

Despite her mother's death, she had a fairly normal childhood and is pretty much rivals with her cousin, technically half sister Kyrie and the two often fought over the dumbest things, be it a coloring book or a pokemon doll.

She is very close to her Aunt and Uncle and pretty much calls them Mom and Dad though that's probably because she doesn't actually knows that her mother actually died giving birth to her and thus thinks her Aunt and Uncle are her biological parents, only them and close family friends know about it and they know it would be a lot better if she didn't know about as she's already happy with having her Aunt and Uncle In Law as a Mom and Dad, and Kyrie being her biological sister.

When she reached the age of 10, she already wanted her first starter and to go on her own poke adventure but her aunt and uncle did not let her go on her journey just yet as they wanted Kyrie to go on a adventure with her adoptive-sibling which meant waiting a few years or so. Now both of them are old enough to get their first starter though only time will tell if they'd actually remain a team or go on their separate ways.
Desired Pokemon Starter
250px-155Cyndaquil.png

Second Character
luna_pokemon_trainer_by_rocketharuka-d45iulu.png

Character Name:
Kayami "Kyrie" Katoteshi

Hometown:
Numera Town

Strengths:
She is fairly mature for her age but that's probably because she's quite smart also and temper tantrums get you no where whatsoever. And regarding her preference for pokemon, well she isn't picky like Kristy and often chooses pokemon that she genuinely likes and not because how powerful they are though she wont pick obviously weak ones though like dunsparce.

Weaknesses:
She is not the best tactician out there and often just go and 'wing it' if she can't come up with any but of course with Kristy's help she's slowly growing out of this behavior. She also tends to bite off more than she and her pokemon can chew, and her knowledge about some pokemon specifically Kalos and Unova pokemon are fairly short to say the least.

Habits and Quirks
Has the unhealthy habit of boasting and often being rather naive for her good. And one of her quirks is that if she takes off her hat and glasses (Which is rarely), she looks a bit like a younger version Whitney who we all know is a gym leader in the Johto region obviously she isn't related to her in any way, it's just a note able quirk.

Goal or Purpose
Just like Kristy and possibly every trainer ever, she wants to be a pokemon master which pretty much means becoming the region champion but even then she doesn't really have a fixed goal other than that but for now she just wants to go on a adventure.

Inabilities
She is far-sighted without her glasses though better than not being able to see anything it would be gravely annoying if she lose her glasses but nonetheless she can still function ok without them. She is also not the strongest physically, while she can throw a pokeball just fine just don't rely on her to carry something rather heavy.

Fears
She has a fear of getting lost,well anywhere and she hates being alone and has the classic fear of the dark and tight spaces but she would feel more at ease if she was with a person she trust but still that doesn't mean she wont panic a bit if she had to navigate through a air vent or something like that.

Personality
Unlike Kristy, Kyrie is a lot more talkative, less stoic and quiet, more bubbly and energetic. And never afraid to back down from a challenge. She isn't as sarcastic or snarky either and is a lot nicer and more polite, don't be surprised if she does say a snarky or sarcastic remark though, she is less cocky than Kristy and under-estimates her foe's which results in being too unprepared or just unintentionally landing herself in hot water.

Backstory
She was of course born in Numera Town, in which her Mom was a previous trainer in the Kalos region who settled down with her Father whom was from the Epica region, in numera town. Though despite having a mom who was a trainer that grew up in the Kalos region, she is lacking knowledge about pokemon from said region.

Well her childhood was nothing out of the ordinary, other than often fighting with Kristy over the dumbest things. And their relationship with each other is rather confusing too, today they like each other and get along the next their don't like each other and later they like each other, but in the end they still love each other even if that's not too apparent, but luckily they don't fight as often now considering they're more mature now.

Though she doesn't actually know that she and Kristy are cousins, not biological siblings but again it should most likely remain that way.

Ever since her parents first told the story about Ash Ketchum she has always wanted to be a great pokemon trainer. And so she waited til she was 10 years old, she was a bit confused why Kristy didn't go on her journey first when she became 10 but at least she was happy to know that her adoptive-sibling wont be way ahead of her, but it didn't mean the two would go on their journey together.

Desired Pokemon Starter
250px-025Pikachu.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as a quick reference:

Numera - Normal
Thunderlight - Electric & Steel
Mermadelle - Water & Grass
Inseta - Bug & Fighting
Shadowvail - Dark & Psychic
Inferno - Fire & Dragon
Lovewood - Fairy & Ground
Cloudsloom - Flying
Frostbait - Ice & Ghost
Venastone - Poison & Rock

[spoili]

Cloudsloom was once a Flying-Ghost Gym, but it was forced to change to a Flying-Fairy Gym.
The Fairy pokemon for the Gym come from Lovewood town (Below Cloudsloom)

I'm not sure where to place Ground types just yet... I'm thinking Lovewood or Numera...[/spoili]

Last edited:
Hey @True Self i'm gonna ask, how would pokemon battles work? i'm gonna assume it will be similar to the anime and such (Which means no using items in battles i think). Will it be using the dice system?

Hey @True Self i'm gonna ask, how would pokemon battles work? i'm gonna assume it will be similar to the anime and such (Which means no using items in battles i think). Will it be using the dice system?
Using items might complicate things and may promote powertripping, so I'm gonna say no for items.
Plus someone could act as if they have endless potions or something.

As for battling, I was still thinking on that. I am leaning toward a randomizer or dice system, yes.
That way battles don't drag on in an endless clash of character egos.

Using items might complicate things and may promote powertripping, so I'm gonna say no for items.
Plus someone could act as if they have endless potions or something.

As for battling, I was still thinking on that. I am leaning toward a randomizer or dice system, yes.
That way battles don't drag on in an endless clash of character egos.

Alright and also that means no items inside and outside of battles? or just no items in battles? a bit confused on that part.

But my Eviolite Floette! D:

Also, does it have to be by type? Because I was planning on catching Flabebe in Numera. *shrug*

Yes, you can use items outside of battle.
But my Eviolite Floette! D:

Also, does it have to be by type? Because I was planning on catching Flabebe in Numera. *shrug*
Ah, good reminder!

Evolutionary objects are an exception for in battles (and out of course).
BUT, you must have obtained your stone or object in a place that makes sense.

A character will not just randomly find an evolution stone on the side of the road or magically pull it out of their ass bum.
The type rule also applies to evolutionary items as well.

I may make exceptions for certain pokemon types - such as for trade or if they were abandoned or lost.
This will be allowed only if approved by me first.
I was also thinking of making a travelling Poketrader NPC that I control only.
If I decide to do this, don't ask me to allow this for a handful of pokemon. (Because it won't happen)

Notice

The type rule was mainly established, because it makes sense regarding pokemon habitat.
A water pokemon isn't going to live happily in Thunderlight village where there's constant lightning strikes.

To touch on the type rules a bit further,

A lot of pokemon are dual types - Deerling is half normal and grass: therefore it can be found in either Numera or Mermadelle.
Carbink is half fairy and rock: therefore it can be caught in either Lovewood or Venastone.

If a pokemon is two types then they can be found in the towns that match those types.

Last edited:
An idea @True Self For pokemon that need to be traded to evolve, i think it should stay that way but then again not every player would be willing to trade with each other. Though perhaps a pokemon like feebas that need like max beauty to evolve can just be evolved by a waterstone?

It is Complete!

...Kinda.

I was wondering whether there was any backstory to the treasure or not that was already set in stone? That information might be kinda useful!

Also, if anyone has any constructive criticisms about the CS, be sure to let me know. I could use all the help I can get.

Finally @True Self , can I have a Flabebe at some earlier point in the plot? Just wondering because waiting until the seventh town before getting one might be a little silly, especially since I intend to keep it as a Floette anyways. As for ideas, I'm not entirely sure. Probably somewhere around Mermadelle City? (It does have Grass types after all!)

A character will not just randomly find an evolution stone on the side of the road or magically pull it out of their ass bum.
Aww but I wanted to pull magical stones out of my bum. The dream is ruined! T_T Why you do dis True Self?

But in all seriousness. Some obvious examples of getting evolution stones or anything special is being able to buy them at a market or perhaps receive them from someone for helping them out. We'll help you find ways to earn stones throughout the RP. And as True Self said, certain Pokemon can be received outside of catching them in their specific town depending on the circumstances, but you need to ask him to see if it's ok. Please for the love of God, do not try to find a Rayquaza lost in Thunderlight Town. I don't think a freaking legendary dragon capable of destroying the world is going to get lost in Epica.

I should ask him if I can find a Growlith in Numera Town to start off with for my first capture. :p

• Thank You
Reactions: True North
An idea @True Self For pokemon that need to be traded to evolve, i think it should stay that way but then again not every player would be willing to trade with each other. Though perhaps a pokemon like feebas that need like max beauty to evolve can just be evolved by a waterstone?
I'm sure a friend that your character makes in the RP would be willing to do a quick switch and trade back. If not I'll make a trading event for that.

Concerning maxing beauty levels, you could just collect berries within the RP and blend them into poke blocks to feed your Pokemon along the way. It wouldn't be a quick evolution tho, you'd need to get through at least 3-4 towns before the Pokemon would finally evolve.

That brings me to the topic of evolution: Each Pokemon will evolve at different rates, and obviously can't just evolve with little to no training. Evolved forms for starters will be acceptable by the third town with active training. Final evolved forms for starters will be acceptable by the 7th.
I was wondering whether there was any backstory to the treasure or not that was already set in stone? That information might be kinda useful!
Also, if anyone has any constructive criticisms about the CS, be sure to let me know. I could use all the help I can get.
Finally @True Self , can I have a Flabebe at some earlier point in the plot? Just wondering because waiting until the seventh town before getting one might be a little silly, especially since I intend to keep it as a Floette anyways. As for ideas, I'm not entirely sure. Probably somewhere around Mermadelle City? (It does have Grass types after all!)
Are you talking about the treasure in Aquias' plot? I'll figure that out when we get there. I was thinking Pokemon Pirates or something similar. We could have it where Flabebe was released to the wild in Mermadelle by an old dying elder or something who wanted her to be free and happy in the sunshine. Something like that.

I apologize.... Posting from my phone :blah:
Not sure if anyone noticed how my post looked like a huge mind screw before editing it..

How bout this, you can catch any element in Numera town ~
It is a Normal town afterall and the environment there could suit all pokemon perhaps.
The elemental pokemon are scarce there tho, so don't go all out catching them one after another.

How bout this, you can catch any element in Numera town ~
It is a Normal town afterall and the environment there could suit all pokemon perhaps.
The elemental pokemon are scarce there tho, so don't go all out catching them one after another.
So to elaborate what he said. You may catch any element type Pokemon in Numera Town if you desire. But only one element type Pokemon that isn't a normal type and it must be a non-evolved Pokemon. I think that would work well with you guys I hope.

Ahah! Just read your finished Cs @Maxim, and I understand now why you were asking about the treasure in Aquias.
It threw me off, because the main focus at first is the PokeWitch in Epica.
I'll try and think of a good reason as to why and how the treasure got there, and let you know.

Infinity and Maxim are officially accepted fyi everyone. I see that the rest of you still have some work to do.

Btw - There is no Elite Four in Epica. There's a group I made up called the Legendary Brotherhood.
The Legendary Brotherhood fights with legendary pokemon, and they only accept challengers who:
  1. Have all eight badges
  2. Have befriended at least one legendary.

Ahah! Just read your finished Cs @Maxim, and I understand now why you were asking about the treasure in Aquias.
It threw me off, because the main focus at first is the PokeWitch in Epica.
I'll try and think of a good reason as to why and how the treasure got there, and let you know.

Infinity and Maxim are officially accepted fyi everyone. I see that the rest of you still have some work to do.

Btw - There is no Elite Four in Epica. There's a group I made up called the Legendary Brotherhood.
The Legendary Brotherhood fights with legendary pokemon, and they only accept challengers who:
  1. Have all eight badges
  2. Have befriended at least one legendary.

So in this case we will have to befriend a legendary to fight them? i'd totally befriended Suicune, Lugia or Ho-Oh if we could.

Yes, those are the qualifications in order to challenge them.
The winner gets the Legendary Ribbon.

Announcement

My characters Jay and Robbin will be unaware of eachother's locations in the RP for awhile.
Robbin is going his own way and doesn't want any of his family to find him (including Jay)

This will allow for us to establish groups since there are potentially 10 of us total.
Having us all in one location will complicate interactions.

I'd like for the groups to form naturally tho within the Role play.
We'll just see how the character interactions go rather than them being predetermined.
You can also switch between groups as well rather than being chained to just one.

Last edited:
Yes, those are the qualifications in order to challenge them.
The winner gets the Legendary Ribbon.

Announcement

My characters Jay and Robbin will be unaware of eachother's locations in the RP for awhile.
Robbin is going his own way and doesn't want any of his family to find him (including Jay)

This will allow for us to establish groups since there are potentially 10 of us total.
Having us all in one location will complicate interactions.

I'd like for the groups to form naturally tho within the Role play.
We'll just see how the character interactions go rather than them being predetermined.
You can also switch between groups as well rather than being chained to just one.

Nice, we can probably avoid having a huge group of 10 people which kinda isn't fun. Though i do intend Kyrie and Koshei to be traveling together as they are cousins and is lacking a pokemon as she is just nine years old. But i can make her meet with Robbin since they're both pokemon-less.

And oh yea how would TMs and HMs work? i'm pretty sure trainers don't shove those into their pokemon's heads and are TM's gonna be used only once like in the past gens or will it have infinite uses like HM's?

Sounds good. I'd say that they are absorbed into the Pokemon when contact is made. We won't worry too much with Tm's and Hm's tho. This isn't exactly like the game. For instance, it wouldn't be necessary to find a disc for a Charizard in order to get on his back and soar through the sky. It's more realistic to actually train him how to fly properly instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.