Playing with Dolls

Wren chuckled as he noted the males blush. Despite everything he didn't think the stranger had meant any harm, he was probably just desperate. And so seeing him like this made Wren want to tease him a bit, a little fun as well as a playful sort of revenge. He laughed as his stomach growled, patting his head. "Do you have any money to get food once you leave here?" He asked, he had perhaps assumed that when the male said that the doll was everything he had, that probably meant he didn't have much money either.

"No harm in eating. It'll be bad if you pass out in the street or something. What will happen to the doll then? You might break it, or it could end up stolen." He said as he went to the kitchen and put a pot of water on to boil. "I'll make some mac and cheese, won't take long and at least you can fill your stomach." He said, casting a charming grin over his shoulder. Why did he feel like he shouldn't let him leave? The male gave him the oddest feeling of nostalgia, just like the dolls had. "What's you name anyways?" He asked as he came and sat beside the male on the couch, maybe a little too familiar after how they had met, but he didn't feel in danger, not at all.

"Urgh... no," Jace muttered. I just popped out of my doll form, how do I supposed to have money? he grumbled internally. He watched the male went and answered in voice loud enough for him to hear. "I won't break Eric, and I can sew him back together if needed," he argued. Wren was right tho, what if Eric was stolen from him by some bad guy? He should look for safe hide-out once he got his brother back. The mention of food almost made his mouth water but he need to get his act together, he couldn't risk being found out by his former, and actually current, owner.

The charming grin made Jace deliberately turned his face away. He didn't want Wren to see him in case he blushed and his heart did NOT just beat faster. There was no way it happened. He scooted away, trying to be subtle as the younger male sat next to him. Wren technically a lot younger than Jace because he had been around even before Wren's mom was born. "I'm an alien so I don't need a name," Jace lied again, keeping his act of I'm-an-alien-who-just-strangely-popped-into-this-house. What if Wren recognized him from his name? All of his efforts will be in vain then.

He felt a bit bad. "None? Where have you been sleeping? Do you have somewhere to go?" He asked, actually a bit worried. Was he actually homeless? Though he looked fairly well kept, perhaps it was a new issue. He laughed a bit. "Right, right." He agreed, just a little mockingly. But he knew the man wouldnt willingly break his precious doll.

He tilted his head when the other looked away, noting that he didn't seem to like the proximity either. Wren grinned, it was easy to tease someone like this, and he didn't get many chances to be around other people unprofessionally. He blinked, a bit stunned by those words, before breaking out in laughter as he poked the others cheek.

"Right, an alien." He said, still chuckling and a big smile on his lips. Eventually his expression softened and Wren leaned back on the couch, looking at the ceiling. "Listen, I know what it's like to be down on your luck, y'know? And I'd feel bad if I was just throwing you out. Sure, you gave us a good scare, but you don't seem that bad. I'd like to try and help if I can, but it's hard since I don't know what I can do for an "alien"." He chuckled again, leaning forward and trying to look at the others face. "You remind me of someone I knew as a kid, so id really like to help you. I never got to thank him, so let's just pretend it's some good luck that we ran into each other, okay?" He grinned, deciding not to mention that the someone he referred to may not have existed.

Jace decided to leave the question of where his previous whereabouts unanswered. To be honest, he didn't know how to answer as well. He leaned away his head from Wren's poking and swatted his hand away. "Stop it!" He huffed, Wren seemed to have a lot of fun teasing him. Was it because of him? Because when Wren was a kid Jace had always teased him so is this like karma? "Are you a kid or what?" he shouted in frustration when Wren keep laughing and poking his cheek. Jace sighed as the other eventually stopped.

"You remind me of someone I knew as a kid, so id really like to help you. I never got to thank him, so let's just pretend it's some good luck that we ran into each other, okay?"

Jace stiffened. Was Wren finally remembered him? Ah, it's okay as long as he didn't spell it out for him, he guessed. Wren seemed to not be able to connect the dot. He wouldn't realize it unless Jace told it outright at him. "If that person is alike me, he would be just as grateful to see you grow up into a fine man, and that you take great care of your brother." The doll said with a nostalgic smile. "Jace, my name," he uttered after a few beat of silence, quietly. If Wren heard it then it's what destined to be happen. Jace always believed in fate, though he didn't seem to be the type.

He laughed, not minding that his hand was batted away. "Mm, I might be." He agreed at the kid comment. Was it bad to act like a kid? He tilted his head as the male beside him tensed, had he said something wrong? He listened to the others words and smiled sullenly. "I wish that were true. I don't think I've done all that great for Robin." He said with a slight shrug and laugh to keep himself from getting too upset over it.

In truth he felt as though he had somehow failed his brother, but he couldn't have changed things back then, and now he could only do what he knew how. But hearing someone say it still felt nice. He was about to speak again when he heard the males name and he paused, something clicking in his mind.

He was silent a long moment before a devious smile slipped onto his lips. "Oh~? Is that so?" He asked, tone mischevious. "T hats funny, you know as a kid, if I remeber right, I had a doll by that name." He said, in truth he still couldn't really believe this, or rather he couldn't figure out how it could happen, but he also was a believer that the world only could have so many coincidences.

"I was also a bit surprised at what you called Robins doll. He probably doesn't remeber, but I'm pretty sure that was the name of his doll when we were little." He added, looking at the man beside him with a grin. "Now, why is that?" At the moment his mind hadn't made the connection that this person had been his doll, merely that, somehow, this person must have known them back then. "Hm? Jace."

As soon as the devious smile formed on the other's lips, Jace knew he made a huge mistake. He flustered and waved his hands frantically. "Just a coincidence! A coincidence! Um.. you know.. it's not like I'm your doll or anything. I mean, such things are impossible right? Doll turning into human or things like that .. uh .. it's nonsense.. even an alien landed here sounded more logical than that, right? I never even meet you before ha ha ha," He babbled like an idiot, awkwardly. Gosh, why I'm so bad at lying? Jace wanted to tear his hair out in annoyance.

His name had sounded very different, than the time he heard it 10 years ago. It was much deeper, manlier, unlike the voice that used to call out his name before. The kettle suddenly whistled, breaking the still tension in the air. He hoped Wren went away, he needed a moment alone to compose himself. At this rate, if Wren continued to interrogate him, he might even blurted out the truth without even knowing it, out of sheer frustration. "

He watched, actually a bit stunned by the sudden panic. He'd gotten something right it seemed, because no one lost it like that if it was completely wrong. He blinked at the bit about the doll, tilting his head. He hadn't thought something like that, it was impossible, but the males continued panic made him think it was just the male rambling. However as he heard the stove he sighed.

"I'd be happy if you both were our dolls from back then." He said softly, looking down, his blue eyes dim. After a moment though he chuckled and stood. "It'd be nice if things like that were possible, I need the help." He offered a sad grin before going to the kitchen and turning down the stove as he started getting thier food ready.

Jace sat there dumbfounded. He'd be happy? Oh damn, then all of his efforts would truly be in vain. His head started to feel dizzy, he wanted to pass out again. The sentence rang once more in his head. If Wren would truly be happy then he guess it's okay to reveal anything right? Without notice, Jace felt his cheeks getting wet. He hesitantly touched the tears, feeling the wetness before looking at his fingers. "I can't believe this..." He smiled sadly before he covered his face with his palm, currently didn't care that Wren might catch him crying.

If it was this easy then he hoped he ran away at that time to search Wren. He had been so lonely. Though Jace hated being owned, he certainly need a good owner to keep him stable. Eric.. What about Eric though? What if Robin disliked it and cursed Eric to oblivion? Poor Eric might not recover this time. Eric had always been able to put up a strong front, just like a good older brother who guide his little siblings to success. But when said little sibling rebelled, Eric's heart would be torn to pieces. Ah, he should have braced himself and ask, shouldn't he? "Wren?"

Wren had been hopeful that, somehow, Jace had been the one taking car of them back then. Sure, he couldn't explain the seeming lack of aging, but if he had been young back then It wasn't impossible. But if the male really didn't want to tell him, really wanted to pretend they were strangers... well aside from his hunch Wren had no proof. No pictures, no really clear memories. The least he could do was offer a warm meal, a place to rest, and to return the doll. He assumed that right now Robin had cried himself into a light sleep, he'd fetch him after they ate.

He'd put the pasta in and set the time when he heard his name. He walked back to peak into the room and noted the other had tears trickling down his cheeks. He hurried over, obviously concerned. "Why are you crying? Do you feel sick?" He touched his cheek, wiping away some of the moisture, trying to tell if the male was feverish. "What do you need?" He asked softly, a tilt to his head, willing to help if he could.

Ah, it was pathetic for him to show himself like this to Wren. He peeked through his fingers to look at him. "If.. Just if you hear me? If your doll truly changed into something like human.. would you be disgusted? Or scared? Would you lose your love for your doll? Would you truly be happy? And what would Robin's reaction be?" He asked, his new heart beat really fast while he tried to hold back his sob. He's just a crybaby sometimes, the tears just leaked out of nowhere without his will. The dollmaker should fix this for him one day.

Jace observed Wren carefully. If he said that he would reject the very existence of the human-doll, then Jace would ran away. His body is far better now, he was sure he could outrun his owner. He'll go to street, find somewhere safe and some food before he came back in the night to pick up Eric. He'll take care of Eric while bringing it with him everywhere. When he found a real dollmaker, he'll tell them to fix their life so both he and Eric would be able to finally rest.

He couldn't help a slight smile as the other peaked at him from behind his hands, it was cute really, like a little kid or small animal. The expression chanced at the question, blinking. That wasn't possible, Right? He thought about it for a few minuetes, then chuckled as he patted the males head. "I wouldn't be disgusted or scared, surprised probably." He said, and he was being honest. Why would it be scary? "Ah, unless it was like one of those horror movies where the doll tried to kill me or something." He joked as he sat down next to the male.

"I don't think it would make me stop loving the doll, I mean doesn't every kid ever wish that their dolls could actually talk back? And if it were true, then that would mean that what I remeber from back then was actually real. Of course I'd be happy." He smiled brightly, hand resting on the others thigh in a purely innocent manner, trying to comfort him. He may not understand the questions, but he could tell that something had upset his unexpected guest.

He looked doen a bit more sullenly as he considered his brothers stance. "As for Robin... I don't think he'd stop loving his doll, but I think he would be nervous. He took things a lot worse than I did, especially when they separated us, he's really scared of people he doesn't know." He said, a little apologetically. "But I'd like to think that he would be happy about it too, even if not right away. And I'd like him to have someone besides me to trust and talk to." He said gently, that was the best answer he could give he decided, but he knew Robin well, and so it was probably fairly accurate.

Jace turned his face away and wiped his face. Then he turned back to Wren and abruptly hugged him, burying his face in the crook if his neck. "Ah.. all the trouble I went through... I guess I should have listened to you and said it all from the start huh?" He laughed lightly and burrowed his head deeper. "I'm really happy you think so... I really missed you, Wren. It's been so long." He pulled away with a big smile on his face and started to ruffle the other's hair. "Ah look at you! I can't believe you grew so much taller. You used to be so cute and small. Perfect for my hug. And now what, you probably flirt with anything that moves right?" He teased, feeling free and relieved for the first time in a while.

"Oh hey, let's start over our introduction. Just like back in the past, dragon!" Jace said, face lighting up. He could still remember the first words he said to little Wren. "Hi! I'm your living doll. My name is Jace! Happy to meet you new owner!"

He watched the male, unsure if his words helped anything. He was surprised by the sudden hug, frozen for a moment. He tilted his head at the males words, had he been Right? This was the same person wasn't It? He couldn't stop a laugh bubbling up as his hair was ruffled, despite his very real confusion. But this felt right, familiar. This was Jace after all!

He felt his chest tighten the more the man spoke, and at the introduction a crystal clear memory clicked into place. Right, they had loved their dolls and so they had become human. Wren blinked, stunned, before gently cupping the males cheeks with his hands. "No way. Seriously? That was all real, right?" He asked, he really did remeber. And now Jace was back, the doll that had read books to him, who had been his best friend.

"This is so crazy. Either I'm losing it, or you are, but I really don't care." He said with a happy laugh before hugging the other tightly around the shoulders. "Dammit, where have you been? Do you have any idea what you missed? I know it wasn't your fault, but..." He laughed again to keep from crying. He pulled back enough to grin at him. "Eric too then, Right? I remeber him and Robin were really close." He paused, thinking. "Why did only you change? And why didn't you just tell us right away? Do you know how pissed I would be if you just left and never saw us again and I found out I had a chance to see you again." He was scolding the male, pouting as he poked the males cheek again. But he was too happy to actually be upset right now.

Jace laughed, quite unbothered by the closeness for a moment. He let Wren cupped his face in his big warm palms and watched him looked very happy. Wren was probably totally surprised, if what words his sputtered out of his mouth was any indication. He even thought that he was going crazy! That's hilarious! He smiled lightly as Wren pulled him into a hug, his hand moved to stroke the other's hair, wanting to calm him with the familiar way.

"Your mother sold us remember? Because you guys finally busy with school and schoolmates that you don't pay attention to us again." At that time, Jace's heart hurt. The twins had forgot them, causing both dolls turning back into things. And even when they're already in doll shape, the twins didn't seem to know and care because they didn't look for Jace and Eric.

"Why did only you change? And why didn't you just tell us right away? Do you know how pissed I would be if you just left and never saw us again and I found out I had a chance to see you again."

"For Eric, it might be anytime. It's all depended on Robin. It's not like us dolls have any choice about this matter. Heck, if you told me to transform back into a doll, I probably would instantly transformed," he said with a bitter smile. "Because what if I told you and then you get scared? I would turn into a doll right away. So I need to keep you in the dark about this and flee. That way, you'll keep loving me and I wouldn't turn back into a doll. But I suppose you don't want to make it easy for me. And you won't found out, you don't even believe that your doll can transform into a human after all. You don't even remember your 'best friend' faces." Jace laughed.

He thought about that, then shook his head. "Honestly neither of us remeber much from back then. We were little, and when we asked about you both we were told that you were just friends that we made up. I'm sure our parents just thought we had good imaginations." He said. The twins had missed their dolls, but it was also true that school and playmates had taken a lot of their time, and quickly they forgot about their dolls.

He nodded solemnly, he couldn't imagine living that way, so he supposed it was rude of him to assume he understood. However he did feel a sharp stab to his heart at the others words and so he pulled back a bit, offering a laugh. "Well, you have to understand that it's not everyday that you meet a doll that can change into a human. As for not remembering... like I said, a lot happened since the fire, so it's to be expected. It's not just you guys, our parents faces, friends from school back then... It's all a blur." He laughed easily enough, then jumped as the timer for their food went off.

"Ah, one sec." He said, running to the kitchen. He finished their food and made two bowls, carrying them to the other room and offering one to Jace. "Anyways, you don't need to go running off, at least as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't let myself feel any different. I don't want you forced to be a doll again, unless it was what you wanted. I'm not a kid anymore, so I should be able to keep a promise to you now." He said, completely confident on the matter.

"Robin is a different story though, I'm not sure how he'll react to you staying here..." He paused, spoon almost to his mouth before looking at the other. "Unless... if you actually don't want to be here that's fine of course, I won't force you to stay. I mean it's a lot smaller than the mansion, but we can make it work if you both want to live with us again. I... would really like it if you considered it at least." He grinned, then took a bite of food, more so because he felt he should eat, rather than being hungry, he was getting a little worried.

Jace stroked the other's hair gently, though with Wren being taller it's kind of weird. "The fire huh? I'm sorry I'm not there for you. You guys must be lonely. It's all okay now." He smiled kindly. He ate the food offered to him, surprised at the warmth but at least he didn't throw it out of surprise. He blew on it softly before bringing the food into his mouth, satisfied sigh leaving his lips at the warmth that spread through his mouth. "Macaroni is good!" he laughed happily, looking like a kid discovering ice cream.

"Ah, I don't have money, place to stay, food, or clothes. Lucky I'm not naked when transforming into a human!" he laughed. "When Eric is here, I guess we can officially make a decision. But I really want to be here. To be honest, I want to be by your side until you grow old." Jace said softly. He promptly blushed when he realized that his words sound like a wedding proposal. He covered his mouth in surprise and eyes widening.

"I mean-I mean, as your friend! Ah, you probably have a girlfriend, what am I talking about.. It's not like me and Eric wanted to marry you guys but you both have been our favorite owners. We're there when you guys grew up into a boy so we would like to accompany you until you grew sick of us." Jace rumbled sheepishly.

He smiled at the comforting, and then laughed at the others excitement over the food. He listened quietly and nodded, he had assumed as much. At worst, even if they didn't stay, he could probably find them work and a place to live to start, he didn't want them on the streets if he could help it.

He paused at the others words, he knew what he had meant of course, but it was still comical to hear it said that way, especially when Jace's cheeks went red. He couldn't help but laugh as the male panicked, reaching out to pat his head. It was funny, now that he was older it really did seem more fitting for him to do stuff like this.

"Don't worry, I understand." He said with a grin before taking another bite of food. "As for a girlfriend I don't have one though. I can't exactly bring anyone back here, and I can't leave Robin home alone too often either." He said easily, sure they both should have been dating by this point in their lives, but his brother only left the house when he had to, and he was too scared of strangers for Wren to try bringing someone here. It left them at a standstill as far as their social lives went.

Robin groaned softly, rolling onto his side. His cheeks were tear stained, eyes red and puffy. He had cried himself into a light sleep as Wren had assumed. However even as he woke, keeping his eyes closed as though he wouldn't have to face the world if he kept sleeping, he wondered what to do about all this. He'd been so excited earlier, and now he was too nervous to even leave his room.

Jace stopped eating. "Yeah, about Robin. What happened to him? I know he was shy since he was a little kid but I don't think he's that shy. Can I do anything to help? Oh hell, the real question is how can I get closer to him? He looks like he's really afraid of me, like I'm gonna hurt him or something. And the reveal of my identity, I'm afraid that it will worsen our situation," he softly admitted, eyes casted downward.

He took another spoonful of Wren's Mac and Cheese, before leaned back to the couch. He ruffled his own long-ish hair, while chewing on the food. Human's food was nice, he liked this. He glanced over to Wren. "How about we visit Robin? If he's asleep, we'll let him be. If he was awake, we might as well said it all. What if Robin didn't want to come out of his blanket because of me?" he asked sullenly.

He was quiet a few moments as he thought about it. "After the fire we were tossed around between relatives for a few years, no one really wants to suddenly take in two kids." He said, taking another bite of food. "Eventually they decided to send us to different homes a few hours away, they thought it was bad how close we were. Of course I was upset, but they always told me Robin was doing fine, and it's not like I could do anything." He gave an awkward shrug.

"I found out later that Robin stopped eating, they tried medicating him for awhile. He even spent some time in a psych ward. Eventually the servant who had saved us from the fire adopted us permentely, but I think Robin was really freaked out by it all. We got home schooled, and since we moved here he'd pretty much been a recluse. I'm sure he's nervous that someone will take me away from him again, so if I'm home too long, or if I bring someone home he gets really anxious." He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I know I can't spoil him forever, but I don't want to make it worse either." He added, thinking about what to do next. "Honestly I really am glad you guys are here, if anything I'm hoping that since he knew you before that maybe it will be okay. Plus he doesn't have to worry about us being separated by you either." That was his hope anyways, he wasn't actually certain that would be the case.

He finished his food then stood, nodding. "Lets go get him, if he is sleeping we should wake him for lunch anyways." He said with a grin. He led the other down the hall and knocked on the door. "Robin." He said, waiting patiently. Not hearing anything he reached for the key that they kept above the door, a requirement Wren had stated for Robin to have his own room, perhaps he was a little too overly cautious of his brother.

He unlocked the door and stepped in, and though Robin seemed to be asleep Wren knew he was faking. He walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, gently stroking the others hair. "Hey, Robin. We need to talk, alright?" He asked, voice calm. He felt the other tense and he chuckled. "He's not going to take the doll." He said sweetly, and this finally had Robin sitting up quickly, looking to his with hopeful eyes. He froze at seeing Jace, but Wren just pinched his cheek softly with a laugh.

"I know you probably don't remeber clearly, but Jace knew us when we were little. And I know he's not lying about it. I've asked him to stay here with us. If also like to ask Eric to stay as well, but it seems like I might have to wait." He said with a grin, pretending like he didn't notice how nervous his brother was. However the other blinked, confused. "Eric? T hats the doll." The younger said, confused. Wren nodded. "Remeber how we loved our dolls? So much that they came to life for us?" He asked, knowing it sounded crazy. That was fine, their life was crazy.

Robin blinked, Wren didn't usually make these kinds of jokes. He looked down at the doll that he still held, then back up to Jace. He did look like Wrens doll a bit... "so why hasn't Eric changed too then?" He asked, voice trembling. Wren shrugged. "Not sure, but for now come eat lunch. Jace is worried that you hate him." He said playfully and Robin just blushed as he looked down. Finally the twins got off the bed, Robin hiding half behind his brother as they went to Jace. He kept his eyes down, looking like a wreck, but it wasn't like he hated him...

Jace listened to Wren's explanation about it all. He was surprised that young Robin to survive in psych ward. He felt really bad that he wasn't by their side, if he was there at least the twins wouldn't feel so ... alone. He wanted to be their strength, their support. He loved the twins so much that he wouldn't mind if he have to die just so he could protect them. He knew Eric shared the same feeling as him. If Eric knew all the bad things that the twins went through, he would probably blamed himself. Jace would have to coax the other doll into letting go of his guilt later. Jace didn't know if Robin would appreciate Eric being overprotective or not. Would Robin feel protected or, would he feel trapped?

With heavy steps, Jace followed Wren into Robin's room. He folded his hands behind his back, cheeks puffed out. Why? Simply because he had nothing to do. Watching how expert Wren was in taking care of his brother, and comforting him. Wren knew how to pull Robin out of his shell. He hoped Eric was awake and learn from this.

Finally they stood up from bed, Robin hiding behind Wren just like a little shy kid who hid under his mom's skirt. It had been so different. Jace had seen it when there was just Robin and Wren, Robin had been so talkative. He wasn't afraid to talk and even said mean things to his brother.

"Hi! I'm .. uh.. Jace, but of course you already knew it because you're the ones who gave me a name," he said sheepishly, feeling like he just said something very useless. "Can I .. talk to .. Eric? I won't take him away, I just want to have a conversation. One sided conversation actually. Although he is a doll, he can hear and see everything, he just can't move any part of his body. Right, Eric?"

Eric wanted to nod, or do anything to indicate that he answered yes. Sadly, he could only watched passively from inside his doll body. He had missed Wren and Robin. He also missed touching and talking with his brother, though they're not related by blood, they have the same maker, the same father. He wanted to transform soon as well, he didn't care about the pain. He just wanted to feel them again.