Pirates of the Everyocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jade held in a sigh as she wiped the vomit off the table. This was the second time today, dumb lightweights. As if her job wasn't hard enough. Well, at least she HAD a job. After two months of living on the streets, she supposed this wasn't so bad. She's definitely had worse. Like that time she had to clean that- Jade's thoughts were interrupted by the bellowing of an old drunk guy asking for more beer. "Right away," she responded, dropping her rag on the rim of the water bucket. Going behind the counter to acquire the alcohol, she greeted her boss with a nod as she passed him.
The barman looked at his newest waitress. She looked like she was doing okay, even with all the drunk men constantly messing around with here patience. He was on this business for far too long already, and he had no sons or daughters. Somebody had to carry the bar for him after he was gone and with the few years he had left, he needed someone desperately. Perhaps this waitress right here would do. She was being good so far, and she knew how to handle the drunk heads. Hell, at this point, anybody would do well. "Maybe after you deliver the drink you and I could have a little chat".

Sonya felt like Skrog's interest in shortwave radio had nothing to do with this, but felt that it'd be a bad idea to press it. She shrugged her shoulders and head back to the Crew Quarters so as to wait for the ship to weigh anchor.

Trevor walked up to the captain. "What's my job today capitan?" Trevor didn't have any idea what it could be. The rest of the crew were obviously sworn to secrecy. He wondered what important job monsieur Capitan would give him.
"Glad you came here. I'm only going to ask you to do some simple stuff. We're heading to an island at the end of Salty Roads. There, we'll be stopping by a bar called the Volts Bar. Outside on the back, you'll find a machine with something to insert coins. You'll break the machine to pieces. I don't care if you use your hands or a crowbar, just do it", he said to Trevor. That was another one he wasn't willing to tell much. He was yet to fully trust Trevor.

Trevor looked confused. "That's it? I get to break a piece of outdated machinery? To be honest, I was hoping for something a bit more...intersting."

Trevor looked confused. "That's it? I get to break a piece of outdated machinery? To be honest, I was hoping for something a bit more...intersting."
The captain smiled. "Well, you get to take what's inside it once you break it. Some of the wires are made of gold, so I guess you'd think that's interesting. But anyway, I'm sure things will get more interesting when you get there. And I hope you are good at fighting".

The barman looked at his newest waitress. She looked like she was doing okay, even with all the drunk men constantly messing around with here patience. He was on this business for far too long already, and he had no sons or daughters. Somebody had to carry the bar for him after he was gone and with the few years he had left, he needed someone desperately. Perhaps this waitress right here would do. She was being good so far, and she knew how to handle the drunk heads. Hell, at this point, anybody would do well. "Maybe after you deliver the drink you and I could have a little chat".

Jade looked up at him, puzzled. Had she done something wrong? Damn it, she really didn't want to end up on the streets again. With a polite "sure" she grabbed the beer and proceeded to take it to the drunk costumer sitting in the back of the room. "Here you are," she said placing the beer on the table. The man said something to her, but her mind was too busy reeling with everything that she had done wrong to pay any attention to him. 'Maybe this is about the time I spilled those drinks, or maybe-' Her thoughts continued to swirl as she returned to the barman at the counter. She took a seat on one of the barstools and turned to face him. "What did you want to talk about?" she asked him, keeping her panic hidden.

Sol watched as the crew all ventured into a room that was the captain's, most likely. He owed the man dearly for saving him. And after seeing his strange crew, the alien had a bad feeling that the captain would expect that debt to be repaid. He trailed behind the crew with a small frown plastered on his face.

Jade looked up at him, puzzled. Had she done something wrong? Damn it, she really didn't want to end up on the streets again. With a polite "sure" she grabbed the beer and proceeded to take it to the drunk costumer sitting in the back of the room. "Here you are," she said placing the beer on the table. The man said something to her, but her mind was too busy reeling with everything that she had done wrong to pay any attention to him. 'Maybe this is about the time I spilled those drinks, or maybe-' Her thoughts continued to swirl as she returned to the barman at the counter. She took a seat on one of the barstools and turned to face him. "What did you want to talk about?" she asked him, keeping her panic hidden.
From the look at her face, it looked like she thought it was something bad. That made him chuckle. When he came back after serving the drinks, he led her to one of the tables. Both of them sat down at the chairs. "I'm old Jade. Not really very very old, but in the current condition of the planet, we're all living less and less. I don't know how many years I could still take in this road, and I don't have any sons or daughters here. I don't have friends either since every drunk head that comes here is only passing by. That's a big problem to me... But you, I trust you. You're doing a fine job here, better than I expected when I hired you. So what I was wondering is... What do you think about getting the bar when I retire?"

Last edited by a moderator:
//gotta go for the night. feel free to talk with your comrades

Leon nodded and left the cabin before he went to his room, which was next to the armory and he kept under lock and key. he was getting ready for his job and wanted to go on ahead of everyone else so he could take the bastard out without anyone finding out what his job was.

Last edited:
From the look at her face, it looked like she thought it was something bad. That made him chuckle. When he came back after serving the drinks, he led her to one of the tables. Both of them sat down at the chairs. "I'm old Jade. Not really very very old, but in the current condition of the planet, we're all living less and less. I don't know how many years I could still take in this road, and I don't have any sons or daughters here. I don't have friends either since every drunk head that comes here is only passing by. That's a big problem to me... But you, I trust you. You're doing a fine job here, better than I expected when I hired you. So what I was wondering is... What do you fucking about getting the bar when I retire?"

Jade didn't respond right away. She was too shocked to. She had only been working there for what, a month or so? And he was already dubbing her his successor. Wow, he must be really desperate. Jade considered the offer a little more carefully. It wasn't a bad deal by any means, and it's not like she had anywhere else to go. She didn't particularly like this smelly old bar but who knows, maybe it would grow on her. It was at least bearable. But still something inside her was screaming to refuse. She wanted something... more. Perhaps it was naïve to believe she could have a better life. No, it was beyond naïve; it was downright crazy. How could a penniless orphan have a better life than this? This man just offered her the deal of a lifetime, a chance to get off of the streets for good, to not have to worry about where her next meal was coming from, and she was thinking about it. How daft could she be? Before she could give it any more thought, she looked at the man and smiled. "I would be honored. Thank you," she said gratefully. This was amazing. She had a home. She had a future. So why wasn't she happy?

Rivrin having stopped her foraging to reply to Rachel froze when the communucations on the sub activated and a man's voice came over the com speaker. Rivrin listened and steadily drew herself into a standing position from where she had been bent over the floor, looking over at Rachel she lifted an eyebrow. As the voice cut off Rivrin moved forward to the control panels.
"Well anyway Rachel, I'm Rivrin and I'm an ex elite soldier for an under cover spec ops team"
Studying the panel she pulled up the old subs layout paper she had found and tucked it into the inside of her jacket before turning to face the other girl "I'm hungry, what do you say we go find those energy bars"

The ship rocked slightly under the weight of the salty waves crashing against the rusting metal, filling the air with the scent of brine. A thin spray of vapor made looking at the water difficult, but for those adventurous enough to stare at the waves, a pale, serpentine shadow slid under the ship like a ghost. Thin and otherworldly, it rasped against the side of the ship for a moment, visible from the surface, and then dived deep into the blue.

Moments later there was a splash, a thud, contact of something against the side of the ship. A slick, white, webbed hand reached over, clawing at the railing, and then gradually became human in appearance. The membrane pulled back, the claws retracted, the skin darkening from pasty to pale. A naked man hoisted himself over the railing, stepping onto the deck calmy. Something about his movements was... off. Fluid, serpentine, predatory. His eyes glistened completely black, like an oil slick on the water.

He peeled his lips back slightly, opening and closing his mouth as sharp, needle-like jaws shifted into more human ones, and blinked as he noticed the two mangled mermaids, trussed up like fish.

"I can't help but appreciate the irony," he muttered, before he glanced up.

Sol watched as the crew all ventured into a room that was the captain's, most likely. He owed the man dearly for saving him. And after seeing his strange crew, the alien had a bad feeling that the captain would expect that debt to be repaid. He trailed behind the crew with a small frown plastered on his face.
"Ha, the man in the lifeboat! I believe we have things to discuss. Come closer please so we can talk about your... Current situation, which I could say it's a bit tricky".

Trevor smiled at that last part. "I can do that."
"Glad to hear it boy. Play it nicely, and you'll come out good on the crew. You are now dismissed".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade didn't respond right away. She was too shocked to. She had only been working there for what, a month or so? And he was already dubbing her his successor. Wow, he must be really desperate. Jade considered the offer a little more carefully. It wasn't a bad deal by any means, and it's not like she had anywhere else to go. She didn't particularly like this smelly old bar but who knows, maybe it would grow on her. It was at least bearable. But still something inside her was screaming to refuse. She wanted something... more. Perhaps it was naïve to believe she could have a better life. No, it was beyond naïve; it was downright crazy. How could a penniless orphan have a better life than this? This man just offered her the deal of a lifetime, a chance to get off of the streets for good, to not have to worry about where her next meal was coming from, and she was thinking about it. How daft could she be? Before she could give it any more thought, she looked at the man and smiled. "I would be honored. Thank you," she said gratefully. This was amazing. She had a home. She had a future. So why wasn't she happy?
"No, thank you. You're doing me a great favour Jade. Life is short, and mine...", he took a napkin from his pocket and used it to clean his sweat. "Well it isn't very healthy to breath this air, and to build this place I've breathed a lot of it... Look, that's not the point". He got up from his chair and tapped her shoulder lightly with a smile. "You got a good deal. Be happy. And, oh there's a crazy man on table twelve. Could you do me a favour and ask him to leave. I'm sure the other drunks will all obbey you and kick the guy out".

Trevor half saluted the the captain and left. He decided to wander the ship whilst waiting for anchor. He was curious as to the ships overall condition. Arsenal, crew quarters, hull structure. He was into that sort of thing.

"No, thank you. You're doing me a great favour Jade. Life is short, and mine...", he took a napkin from his pocket and used it to clean his sweat. "Well it isn't very healthy to breath this air, and to build this place I've breathed a lot of it... Look, that's not the point". He got up from his chair and tapped her shoulder lightly with a smile. "You got a good deal. Be happy. And, oh there's a crazy man on table twelve. Could you do me a favour and ask him to leave. I'm sure the other drunks will all obbey you and kick the guy out".

"Sure thing," Jade replied, giving him a small smile before getting to her feet. She looked over at the man her boss had pointed out. He was huge and muscular with a long scar stretching down his left arm. He would be very intimidating that is if he hadn't just burst into song. Well, at least he was a happy drunk. Jade strutted over to the man's table, noticing as she went the vast amount of dirty looks the singing man was getting from the other customers. She couldn't blame them. The man had the voice of an off-pitch foghorn, and he was twice as loud. She had to stop this before someone punched this guy in the face. When she arrived she gave the man a small nudge on the shoulder stopping him mid-chorus. "You're going to have to leave," she told him bluntly. If the man was happy before he sure wasn't now. He stood up, towering over Jade by at least a foot or so. "An' I ssssuppossse you're gonnaaaa be the one toooo make meeeee? Huh, lil ladyyy?" the man slurred, wobbling slightly as he spoke. "If I have to," Jade answered coolly, looking more irritated than intimidated. The man stepped forward and opened his mouth to speak, but before he could get out one alcohol-soaked word he tripped over the chair leg and fell face first onto the ground. Jade sighed and turned to one of the more sober customers there. "Mind helping me get him out?" she asked. The man obliged and with the help of a few friends he managed to drag the man out of the bar. 'Well, time to finish cleaning the puke,' she thought as she went back to the vomit-covered table. Yep, this was the life alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sol stepped closer to the captain with a wary expression on his face. "I'm pretty sure there's a better word than tricky to describe this situation." He spoke with a small laugh.

Trevor half saluted the the captain and left. He decided to wander the ship whilst waiting for anchor. He was curious as to the ships overall condition. Arsenal, crew quarters, hull structure. He was into that sort of thing.
The hull structure looked rusty, but it was as solid as it could get. It would be hard to pierce through that strange sort of metal. That ship was certainly very strong. The crew quarters were poorly made, only a few had beds, most of them had hammocks inside, and with the movement of the sea that could make sleeping very hard. The arsenal was filled with ammunition from the old days, earthly weapons, low velocity bullets. There were some swords here and there, but one thing that couldn't be found anywhere was alien weaponry, which was odd since this looked like a 'sucessful' pirate ship. While exploring for more places, Trevor stumbled upon a door on the floor leading to the lower part of the ship. In the door it was written Execution.

Sol stepped closer to the captain with a wary expression on his face. "I'm pretty sure there's a better word than tricky to describe this situation." He spoke with a small laugh.
The captain laughed with him "Surely not. Look, I feel in a good mood. As soon as we get to land, you're free to get down. But I was wanting to ask you thi: What happened to you? How did you ended up like that and where can you go now? That's what got me worried, but if I have no reasons to worry, you can just say it".

Status
Not open for further replies.