Pirates of the Everyocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
"SOS. Mayday. Whatever the hell you'd like me to say!" Sol snapped desperately into the radio. He knew that the overly salty air would wreak havoc on the strength of the old radio that came with the lifeboat. He also knew that he wouldn't be harmed by it, so that was a plus. Thank Glaux he was an alien. "My coordinates are 173:508! Somebody help me, please!" He pleaded desperately. He narrowed his eyes as he saw a merperson poke her head out of the water and flash him a toothy smile. He grimaced and picked up the only remaining oar, ready to defend himself. Again. The first oar had gotten eaten already.
Alright, this was a new low, even for him. He supposed he might as well add some capital letters and periods to his name and go from Sol to S.O.L. Because was seriously shit outta luck right now. He didn't see any ships racing to save him. Of course, his attention was more focused on the merperson licking her chops than the horizon.
Skrog was looking at the ship's panel with an "expressionless" face. He thought his crew was tiny compared to the number he was used to have on board. At least the share would be greater now. Before he could think anything else, a red light started to blink on the ship's radar. A man was calling for a SOS. That was a hard thing to find those days. People who got lost and were actually alive. The man could be a warrior and it would certainly be helpful on the ship. He was in need of a crew anyway... "Guy from the coordinates 173:508, await for help. We'll be getting there soon enough. Try to hold up as long as you can, we'll be reaching you in no time. Repeating, try to hold on there, the ship is going your way right now. Try to keep talking and touch the radio every once in a while to keep the signal strong".

Terri glared openly at her Gunner, incredibly overly mad that he ignored her direct command. She knew her glare was terrifying, and didn't intend on ever changing it. How dare he disobey her like that, much less in response to the prisoner.

"Oi!" Terri spoke sharply, in a distinct effort to get everyone's attention. "Gunner (@CoShocker), shut up. I'm not sure what part of 'don't talk' was so confusing, but do not talk. Don't sing, don't question, do not talk. Stand there and watch. Prisoner(@The Gil), look, I get it, you say you had a job right? Then just eat so that I can do mine." She didn't turn away from the prisoner when she spoke, even as she spoke to her Gunner. She had both in her sights, the two being equally disliked in her books. The prisoner, boring them with information that she collected but knew better than to trust fully. Her Gunner, ignoring a direct command. She knew she spoke harshly, but it needed to happen.
It wouldn't take a behaviorist to tell how angry Terri was. He didn't look directly at her but he felt her angry eyes burning a hole in his head. He wanted to see now far he could push her. It's not like she would kill him...probably. "Sounds valuable. And no doubt a myth. But if it weren't where would on find something like that?" He knew the prisoner would probably lie. Trevor had no reason trust this thing.
The prisoner smiled to Trevor and then to Terri. "You heard the lady, gunner. Prisoners don't talk. Hold it", he threw a coin towards Trevor.

Trevor obtained Rusty Coin.

"Don't waste it on nonsense, boy", he said, winking at Trevor. Then, he proceeded to eat his food with his mouth shut. There was nothing he could do for now. He could only wait.

//sorry everyone for the long wait, I've been sick

"Smart, but boring. I say we make an example of 'em. Cut our teeth by breaking theirs. Crack 'em in half! They'll never bite anything ever again!" Ooh the idea made her giddy... Intimidation was always fun.
"What to you think I'm gonna do? I'm gonna knock her out." Mabel explained. If her plan worked it would be easy, quick, and safe. She made her way to one of the safe boats and waited for the others.
From the safeboat, they could already see the issue. A pair of creatures feeding on the rusty metal of the boat. Mermaids. Their teeth were massive, looking like knives from an unknown material. It looked like they could pierce through the metal without much trouble.

A soft grunt escaped Sol as he brought the oar down hard on the mermaid's head, sending her back into the big blue. The radio crackled to life, bringing a light of hope to his sharp red eyes. "I'd hope that you'd be coming quickly, cap'n. The ladies are getting pretty feisty o'er here." He replied with a small laugh and put the radio back down just in time to whack a mermaid who'd leaped from the water with the oar. Who said aliens couldn't play baseball? He ducked when another mermaid jumped for him, satisfied with the splash he heard on the other side of the tiny boat he was stuck on.

Trevor caught the coin and gave it a quick look. Rusty, unusable. He decided to stop talking to the prisoner. He looked to Terri. "What now, Master Gunner." He said Master gunner as if it were a joke.

Leon's hearing was so sharp that he heard everything that was going on aboard the ship, but stuck to his decision to help the navigator. "I'll handle these fish." Leon said as he handed the girl his long coat and began his awe inspiring transformation before he closed his massive hands and punched the mermaids with the combined force of two lions, shattering their teeth and their skulls And sent a resounding ring like a large bell through the ship. He then dragged the bodies into the boat with his claws and returned to his human form. "Like i said, I'm not known as Leo the lion for nothing." He said as he took his long coat back and put it on again. "Let's get back up on deck and get these fish cleaned and ready to cook."

Last edited:
"No fair, the salt means I can't use my swords! Just wait until we get out of this, I'll show you I'm better."

Fury and determination twinkle in Sonya's eyes after Leo's display. A shapeshift half-breed wasn't common, although Sonya was certain she'd killed at least 7 of them before becoming a pirate. If this guy kept showing off, she'd have to add another one to the number. She was certain she was the better killer. The Fox is the more cunning of the two animals, and there was no way she'd lose to him.

Leon looked at the woman and said "You do know you are challenging a large cat to a fishing contest right?" He asked her. She had spirit, but she was looking at him with angry eyes, eyes that held a killing instinct and that made his fangs and claws almost ready to attack. "Honestly, i don't see the point in competing or playing who's the better killer. We had a job to do, job's done. Nothing more, nothing less."

Last edited:
"I'm not the type to be outdone, ratbreath, and I've killed plenty of bigger animals in their own habitat. When we get out of this salt, we'll have our time. Just you wait!"

Sonya huffed and stormed off to the crew quarters. She was not interested in having a violent outburst on her first day. Fishing and killing, Sonya would come out the better.

Last edited:
"Rat breath? If you want a new work of lethal art you better cut the insults." Leon snapped he was patient, but even he had his limits. And the girl was pushing them. He was planning on making her a new blade.

A soft grunt escaped Sol as he brought the oar down hard on the mermaid's head, sending her back into the big blue. The radio crackled to life, bringing a light of hope to his sharp red eyes. "I'd hope that you'd be coming quickly, cap'n. The ladies are getting pretty feisty o'er here." He replied with a small laugh and put the radio back down just in time to whack a mermaid who'd leaped from the water with the oar. Who said aliens couldn't play baseball? He ducked when another mermaid jumped for him, satisfied with the splash he heard on the other side of the tiny boat he was stuck on.
The ship approached the safeboat where Sol was standing and making his survival. The captain took his radio and got in contact with the safeboat. "You got lucky we were close boy, I'm right here at your sight. I'm sending my boys to pick you up, you'll be out of this mess in no time". He turned out the radio and turned the ship speakers on as loud as they could get. "Lionman ( @Victor Markov ), a gift from the ninjas, take a small break and rescue the guy down on the right side of the boat. He's in a safeboat being attacked by mermaids, it's hard to miss. Get down there in one of the safeboats, lock the guy's safeboat with our lines and then pull yourself and him and his safeboat inside our ship. Hurry up 'cause he seems like he's in a tight spot".

"On my way, Cap'n." Leon called back before he shifted again, ready for battle. His natural weapons already brought to bare.

Sol stood up when the radio went off again. His gaze flicked to large ship that had made it's way alongside his itty bitty boat. In his lapse of concentration a mermaid snapped the paddle part off the oar. "Shit!" He growled and ducked again, dodging another mermaid.

"Look out below! Hey kid, move to one end of that life boat and get ready to fly!" Leon shouted over the side as he dropped his long coat onto the deck. "This is a crazy idea, but i got nine lives." He muttered as he backed up several places and tied a line around His waist before he ran and jumped over the side the lifeboat with sol was on.

"Trade what with her?" He gave a questioning look.

"Trade what with her?"
Terri closed her eyes and spoke, "A person, tell her you're not working on this assignment any more. Make sure you say please, thank you, and that you're personally sorry for the inconvenience. And no, before you ask, it doesn't matter who gets sent back."

She directed her full attention back to the prisoner, "Are you going to eat or should I pull up a chair?"

Terri closed her eyes and spoke, "A person, tell her you're not working on this assignment any more. Make sure you say please, thank you, and that you're personally sorry for the inconvenience. And no, before you ask, it doesn't matter who gets sent back."

She directed her full attention back to the prisoner, "Are you going to eat or should I pull up a chair?"
The prisoner smiled once again at the master gunner. "I'm not hungry. Sorry". He looked back to the gunner ( @CoShocker ). "You should talk with the captain. I'm sure he has something to be cleaned up. If I'm not mistaken, there's a door leading down to the left of the door leading here. Inside you'll find a filter fo water or some shit like it. It's kinda rusty. But before you clean it, you should really ask the captain".

"Look out below! Hey kid, move to one end of that life boat and get ready to fly!" Leon shouted over the side as he dropped his long coat onto the deck. "This is a crazy idea, but i got nine lives." He muttered as he backed up several places and tied a line around His waist before he ran and jumped over the side the lifeboat with sol was on.
Both the lifeboats started to rose by the side of the ship, pulled by the automatic system. Some mermaids tried to reach them, but they were already to high for them. But they were angered by that. One of them caught the scent of both Sol and Leon. She would expect them later. As the lifeboats rose from the ocean, the automatic system gently dropped over the floor of the ship.

At first Mabel was infuriated that she had to deal with another half breed. Then he owned two mermaids in five seconds. Yup, this Leon guy was ok in her book. She sort of zoned out for a minute and all of a sudden they were getting lifted back up. Apparently there was some castaway that Leon just saved. "Huh, well at least I don't have to deal with anymore freaks today." She said as they were lifted back on board. She then got out, looked at the castaway, and her eye twitched. "You gotta be kidding me." She whispered though gritted teeth.

"Life boats secured, Cap'n." Leon called as he returned to his human form and grabbed his black long coat from the deck.

Trevor decided not to antagonize Terri any further. Otherwise she would probably behead him. "Aye, boss." He was surprised she hadn't done it yet. He turned on his heel and made his way up to the top deck to find Mabel. He was surprised to see they were rescuing someone from mermaids. "What'd I miss?" He said to no one in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.