Pirates of the Everyocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sol kept his slight smile, but knew that he'd have to tread carefully. The captain was in a good mood and he'd like to keep it that way. "There was a mutiny on the ship I was on, and my girlfriend was in on it. It was either stay with a treacherous girl or find a new one in the big blue." A soft laugh escaped him as he remembered the look on Lacy's face. "Apparently I'm quite the catch for those merfolk." He concluded.

//He doesn't even knows the way, and he would have to ask the captain if he wants a boat
(Deleted my last ic post and edited the one before it.)

Sol kept his slight smile, but knew that he'd have to tread carefully. The captain was in a good mood and he'd like to keep it that way. "There was a mutiny on the ship I was on, and my girlfriend was in on it. It was either stay with a treacherous girl or find a new one in the big blue." A soft laugh escaped him as he remembered the look on Lacy's face. "Apparently I'm quite the catch for those merfolk." He concluded.
"I see. Tough situation", the captain said with a smile, while taking a cup of glass and a bottle of whiskey out of one of his drawers. "You see this? Old men drink. This is gold in the current days since whiskey has become a rare thing. But people who do good jobs deserve these golden stuff from times to times, and I'd say I have been doing a pretty good job as a captain for a while". He poured whiskey in the glass cup and gave it to Sol. "But I've lost my crew recently, I've just got to rebuilding it to a new one. Spots are open. I'm wondering if you wouldn't like to do some working for me".

Leon grabbed a bag from his room and walked to the captain's quarters before knocking on the door. He was going to see about going on ahead and getting his job done quick, quiet and clean. The captain said nobody was to know. He didn't want to take any chances.

Leon grabbed a bag from his room and walked to the captain's quarters before knocking on the door. He was going to see about going on ahead and getting his job done quick, quiet and clean. The captain said nobody was to know. He didn't want to take any chances.
Hearing the knocks on the door, the captain looked at Sol and said "Excuse me for a minute", and then looked towards the door. "Come in, whoever it is". It was probably just somebody wanting to ask questions about their mission.

Sol held onto the glass, not daring to take a sip of the amber liquid. He didn't want to increase his debt to the captain by drinking the rare beverage, despite the fact that it did look quite tempting. His gaze flicked to the door when someone knocked on it, and he took the break in conversation to think over his options. He could get off at the next stop, and then wait for the next ship to come along... But that would require waiting, which was a skill he really lacked in. Or he could accept the captain's offer and work off his debt to the man. And what about the glass of whiskey?!

Leon walked in and said "captain, i would like to go on ahead of the others. Get my job done quick, clean and quiet. Without anyone getting curious and following me. I heard your orders to the rest of the crew. at least one of them will try to follow me and, well there goes that job."

Leon walked in and said "captain, i would like to go on ahead of the others. Get my job done quick, clean and quiet. Without anyone getting curious and following me. I heard your orders to the rest of the crew. at least one of them will try to follow me and, well there goes that job."
The smile vanished from the captain's face. "You heard the other orders for the rest of the crew? Well Leon, you were not supposed to do that. I'm trying to secure my orders, but they aren't secured if other people hear it. Taking a boat in Salty Roads in the middle of mermaid ocean is suicide, they would just pierce the boat and then eat it to pieces. If you feel like making something interesting, why don't you take a minute to talk with Sonya and then inform to me any results on your conversation that you think I should know. I really would like to know a bit more about her. You are now dismissed".

Sol held onto the glass, not daring to take a sip of the amber liquid. He didn't want to increase his debt to the captain by drinking the rare beverage, despite the fact that it did look quite tempting. His gaze flicked to the door when someone knocked on it, and he took the break in conversation to think over his options. He could get off at the next stop, and then wait for the next ship to come along... But that would require waiting, which was a skill he really lacked in. Or he could accept the captain's offer and work off his debt to the man. And what about the glass of whiskey?!
The captain turned back to Sol. "Where were we again?"

"Sure thing," Jade replied, giving him a small smile before getting to her feet. She looked over at the man her boss had pointed out. He was huge and muscular with a long scar stretching down his left arm. He would be very intimidating that is if he hadn't just burst into song. Well, at least he was a happy drunk. Jade strutted over to the man's table, noticing as she went the vast amount of dirty looks the singing man was getting from the other customers. She couldn't blame them. The man had the voice of an off-pitch foghorn, and he was twice as loud. She had to stop this before someone punched this guy in the face. When she arrived she gave the man a small nudge on the shoulder stopping him mid-chorus. "You're going to have to leave," she told him bluntly. If the man was happy before he sure wasn't now. He stood up, towering over Jade by at least a foot or so. "An' I ssssuppossse you're gonnaaaa be the one toooo make meeeee? Huh, lil ladyyy?" the man slurred, wobbling slightly as he spoke. "If I have to," Jade answered coolly, looking more irritated than intimidated. The man stepped forward and opened his mouth to speak, but before he could get out one alcohol-soaked word he tripped over the chair leg and fell face first onto the ground. Jade sighed and turned to one of the more sober customers there. "Mind helping me get him out?" she asked. The man obliged and with the help of a few friends he managed to drag the man out of the bar. 'Well, time to finish cleaning the puke,' she thought as she went back to the vomit-covered table. Yep, this was the life alright.
The barman stood behind the counter while looking at one of the reinforced windows. He missed the days when he could just go outside and breath the air, feel the soft breeze. There was no fun and games anymore, just a poisoned environment where one could barely spend six minutes outside his home. Perhaps he could move the bar somewhere else... Somehow. He had no idea on how to achieve this, maybe it was just a silly dream, but if it was possible, it would come out as a huge advantage to him. If only there would be profit by selling the bar, he could buy another one somewhere else. But nobody would buy any kind of property at Salty Roads, that was the problem. His life was ending soon and he didn't wanted for his only heritage to be that bar at the end of the world. He needed something better to leave for his sucessor. Something greater... Nothing came to mind. That was just it and he would have to accept it. "Hey Jade, since you finished with the drunkhead, you mind taking a mask and going outside to check if there's any coins on the old rusty machine?"

"To be honest, captain, i want trying to hear them. Being part Leonin makes it hard to miss things. You don't have to worry about me interfering or talking about their orders. My focus is on the task you gave me. I was a soldier." Leon said before he left he then started looking for Sonya to talk to her about some kind of craft to get him ashore quickly.

Meanwhile, inside the Crew Quarters...

Sonya was running a smooth clothes over her blades lovingly, occasionally taking a moment to look down the cutting edge. Flesh doesn't blunt blades as much as wood or metal, but naturally, her blades were made to cut anything short of the same kind of steel it was made of.

Her ears perked up as someone head down into the Crew Quarters. One look at a familiar leg and she knew it was her new rival. She readied the blade she was holding and prepared to rush him. She didn't intend to kill him, only test him. He didn't seem like the sort to be armed at all times. Those claws of his could tear flesh easily enough - but Sonya could cut them short and blunt.

Her intent was, as soon as she saw his eyes, she'd dash up and deal a slash just short of his dumb face. Nothing more than a nick on his nose if he doesn't use the nearest metal thing to block. The same precision used to pierce a saltwolf's heart on the first stab could be used to miss so nearly.

"I do believe you were offering me a job." Sol recanted thoughtfully as his gaze drifted down to the whiskey. Coming to a decision, he smiled and lifted his sharp red eyes back to meet the captain's gaze. "And I was taking it." He set the drink down in front of the captain. "I think you deserve this drink more than I do. Coming back from a loss puts you two steps farther than where you were before it."

Trevor took a look at the door that said "Execution." An execution room didn't seem too far fetched. They are pirates afterall. Curious about what was inside, He moved to open it to see if it was locked.

Leon took a step back and clapped his hands together around the blade a moment after he seen the weapon coming at him. It was close... too close. He was about to twist the blade and rip the assailiant's throat out before he seen who it was "are you trying to kill me? Remember. I'm a Leonin shifter. Meaning i have those cat like reflexes. Anyway, i was looking for you." He said as he let go off the sword only to feel something warm drip from the tip of his nose. Something with a metallic scent.

Last edited:
The smile vanished from the captain's face. "You heard the other orders for the rest of the crew? Well Leon, you were not supposed to do that. I'm trying to secure my orders, but they aren't secured if other people hear it. Taking a boat in Salty Roads in the middle of mermaid ocean is suicide, they would just pierce the boat and then eat it to pieces. If you feel like making something interesting, why don't you take a minute to talk withSonya and then inform to me any results on your conversation that you think I should know. I really would like to know a bit more about her. You are now dismissed".
Scales grinned slightly, leaning against the cool, rough surface of the wall nearest to the door. Increased sense of hearing was a perk of his nature, and hearing the captain chide the newest crew members always amused the dark-haired doctor. At the mention of the Leonin wanting to venture out alone onto the surface of the mermaid-infested waters, Scales felt the familiar, bitter clench of hunger in his stomach; it had been a long time, and he could imagine his kind sinking their teeth into the flesh of the heavy-set, brawny Leon until only a pile of clean bones on the silty ocean floor remained. He could imagine doing it himself, in fact, and was already salivating over the taught squish of the meat and the gush of warm, saccharine blood he would feel as the veins burst under his teeth when Leon walked out of the office and away down the corridor.

Scales paused, disciplined his thoughts. This man was a sailor, and a shipmate, and could not sate his hunger. He barely felt the guilt that had once plagued him so deeply; necessity and famine have a tendency of making lesser concerns like ethics and morality crumble like powdered chalk.

With slightly clumsy movements, after having spent so long in the water, Scales stepped through the door and into the Captain's quarters.

"Hello, Captain," he said, nodding to him quietly. He watched the other man for a moment before he spoke again. "I didn't find it. The merfolk here aren't particularly cooperative, and even several days of exploration revealed nothing. Are you certain it's in the Salty Roads?"

Scales sat in the chair opposite the captain's desk, slowly, wincing as he adjusted to having legs again. He paused, letting the captain think for a moment, and then added quietly, in a strangely melodic voice that was evidence of his hunger;

"Zealous new recruits, I see... that man had courage, if nothing else."

The merman watched him quietly, politely, not explicitly stating that he's starving half to death, but something about his mannerisms made it obvious. Dilated pupils, a slightly melodic, hypnotic voice, with lulled undertones... signs the captain would recognize, the merman hoped. Begging for food had always humiliated Scales.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was fast, but her mission was accomplished. Sonya smirked and returned to her maintenance, wiping off her blades. The blood was noticeable on the cloth. "What did you want to talk about, rat-breath? You want to steal my thunder on a job again? I don't need help with my task, not that I'd take your help anyway." In truth, she wasn't used to dealing with parries - she tended to be fast enough to not have to worry about it. She was going to have to learn how to deal with them...

"I want to get to the island alone without being on the water to get my job done. Captain gave each of us a job to do alone. I'm not going to go against his choice. Thing is with my job i might get followed. I don't want that. So i want to go alone before we dock." Leon said as his nose healed. "any ideas that don't make me fish food?"

Status
Not open for further replies.