Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only wonder why you have anything against paladins. The only time I find paladins to be a little annoying, is when they do the most evil, min-maxer thing they can. Which is become a fighter, Paladin. Because effectively it just makes them a paladin, with a lot more feats, than normal.

However I'm a bit of a hypocrite on saying that. Since that's one of my primary characters in other campaigns. :devilfire::devil: I love playing it, it just, so damn broken.

Eh, I've only met like two paladin players that I've liked. My issue with Synthesist Summoners is just that they're broken as hell. It's ridiculous.

Well that is the problem with paladins. Some don't know the different between being a Paladin Prick, and being a Avenging Valkyrie. One is like batman in a sense. So long as evil is destroyed, any means are acceptable. The other well...we all know the other as the paladin that won't allow the party to use poison, use traps, etc, etc.

I has no problems with anything. Except for lack of sleep and power outages that steal away my sources of entertainment. And diets. And children throwing tantrums. Annnddddddddddd okay, I has problems with lots of things. But not Pathfinder class related things. I'm tired and rambly so I'll stop now.

.....What do you mean when ya'll say a class is broken?

Broken means that it's like... Super powerful. And exploitable. And Bad. Just... Bad.

• Thank You
Reactions: Silver
You know, a Paladin alone isn't broken. Due to how easily exploitable it is, since most of his spells only affect true evil enemies. It's when you pair up the fighter class, with the Paladin, does it become a little over powered. Since you can just flood this Paladin with bonus feats.

outcaste__king_by_kaoimhin7-d2zg693.jpg

Name: Ekram

Height: 6'

Weight: 230

Appearance: Tall with a muscular build, Ekram's bronze skin is criss-crossed by the scars of a hard life. The flecks of grey throughout his thick black hair show his age, and his resting scowl is softened only by the spark of kindness and empathy in his hazel brown eyes.

History: Born a slave in a hellish prison mine, Ekram's early years were defined by toil, pain, and darkness. When he was still a boy, Ekram escaped along with several other prisoners during a chaotic and bloody riot. Having nowhere else to turn, he fell in with the other escapees, and they quickly steered him towards a life of crime. Ekram's adolescence was a whirlwind of blood, violence, rape, theft, and other unspeakable sins. His actions eventually landed him in jail for grand larceny. He spent the next ten years of his life confined to a grimy, dark little dungeon cell. It was there that he found Sarenrae. The goddess came to him each night in his dreams and showed him the error of his ways. She showed him the path to redemption. At the end of his sentence, Ekram went to the temple of the goddess. There he was trained in the ways of the faith, and became a paladin of the sun goddess. Now Ekram travels wherever the winds take him, trying to make the world a little better one day at a time.

Personality: Prone to quoting scripture, Ekram is kind, strong-willed, and empathetic. He lives his life as an example for those seeking redemption and goes out of his way to help good people in need. Ekram is the type to want to resolve conflict with through peaceful communication, but if all else fails his sword is never far from reach.

Character Sheet

It's been a while since I've read about Sarenrae Paladins. I used to play a paladin of Iomedae but she was almost of Sarenrae I believe. Iomedae just struck me as more of what I was going for as a character.

But that's besides the point. @Taco Mako, welcome. I hope you play him well. I have expectations based on your character personality. I'm assuming you'll be mostly a melee paladin with a smaller emphasis on support? If that's the case, with all the fire power I shouldn't have to go TOO easy on your group.

Mwahahahah- *cough* Anyway, you can choose how you jump in. Do I assume he's had the dream as well?

In case you hadn't noticed or read, the bird with Bediviere seems to have a vague idea of who the "dreamers" are and can sort of talk to Bediviere to communicate who is a "dreamer" or not.

It's four in the morning and I would like to note that my character can actually talk to the bird better than Bediviere can. I find this fact to be highly amusing.

I was actually going to have him receive a vision from Sarenrae telling him to go find the bird. I figure things will just fall into place from there.

That works, it's just different than how the others are called. I can't really explain why, because it's a plot thing, but it will work. I'll find a way for it to fit with what I've got, because that's a DM's job. lol

I'm gonna try to get a post up sometime this evening, sorry guys, I've just been kind of busy

I will probably be advancing Monday so any interactions need done by then. Tuesday is my backup day to post.

Well, I did say try. Sorry, it's been kind of a crazy weekend

Crazy days happen. No biggie. I still plan on late Monday night or Tuesday in the afternoon to advance. If you go to the inn before my post Bediviere will not be in the common room.

Sorry for taking an extra day. I got a shot yesterday morning and I guess it wore me out because by the time I was getting ready to post I felt so tired I instead laid down, thinking I'd be out an hour or two. Nope, it was night and I woke only long enough to eat and then I was out again.

Anyway, it's probably not the best post I could have produced but I want everyone to be at the inn and aware of each other before Bediviere meets them. I couldn't remember all the details I wanted by the time I was posting so it got thrown together. Once everyone is at the inn and has interacted a little, I'll move to the next part. My next post will most likely be Friday. At least, that's my current plan.

Shots suck. It's all good though

I'll be waiting for everyone to have a post before I post. If that happens before I get on later, I'll post. If not, I'll be waiting until Sunday to post. But I would like for all the characters to come in. If someone hasn't posted by Sunday I will still be posting, and we will assume that person is there unless it is in the player's choice to be "late" and miss the "briefing" with the others.

I will admit, I think I am embellishing some of the abilities of the woman, but... for story purposes I'm ignoring that part.

Also, when we have officially left town you will all be level 2 just because I'm a nice person.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.