Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Majem @Taco Mako
Sorry to hear that you're dropping out, but I totally understand. Thank you for joining us up until now though! If you are ever interested in another game like this in the future, feel free to message me. There's always a chance I'm putting something else together that I'll be willing to run at a later date.

@Requiem
I understand you too. I have writing blocks from depression sometimes too. I'm glad you are willing to continue though, because the best way to move from a funk is to push at it and hope it gives out before you do. If that changes, though, feel free to say something.

@Silver @Bismarck

For those sticking with it, we can still move forward with who we have in regards to character. Since Silver has 2 characters, that gives us 4 total unless I'm totally messing up numbers (which I have been known to do at time) and that's a pretty good number to keep going forward. I don't think I need to open up for more players, unless any of you have an interested friend or something in which case they are welcome to post up a potential character.

I'll come up with a post to move forward then, unless Silver wants to go ahead and post. It will take me a little time to come up with something, because I want to go back over my notes with the new changes if there's anything that needs changed, so there's probably not going to be a post to move forward until at least tomorrow.

You can go ahead and post, my half finished post got deleted. It was a sad moment. I have a friend who MIGHT want to try and play. But she's new to roleplaying AND Pathfinder

Last edited by a moderator:
I am all for newbies. Anyone I can corrupt with roleplaying OR Pathfinder makes me happy, so both would be like evil Jovi heaven. But she is also welcome to ask me questions about the game and stuff.

Also, sorry it's taken me a bit but things... I'm gonna get us a post to move forward with as soon as I post this. :)

|壁|゚ ω ゚* )ノ" Hello, I am the noob Silver mentioned and I would like to join this rp. I am currently working on the final details of my character at the moment but would like to join if possible. Thank you.

Reactions: Silver
@Yume Bakemono
Yeah, sure! You are totally welcome to jump on in.

What kind of character are you going to play? If you need any help with anything, you can always let me know.

And I am totally sorry for the fact that I was late to say anything too. This weekend has been kinda crazy. And by weekend, I mean ever since like Wednesday but Friday became even more crazy and it never really slowed down until now. But what else can you expect during a holiday?

Hey Jovian, do you want Yume to level her character up to level two? And she has a tiefling summoner made.....(it's a trap!)

Okay, she's almost done with her sheet, but we're a bit confused about how to level up her eiolons skills. On the chart it has a four for level 1, and below it says that she chooses an extra four skills to choose as class skills. But in the chart for level two it went up to eight...I don't know what to do with that number. Does that mean she needs to check four MORE skills as class skills? Because it says that ranks per level is 6 + INT mod.

An eidolon is a separate entity, similar to your wolf companion for the hunter. The chart lists what is typical for eidolons, which is that instead of 6+INT skill ranks they get a set number of skill ranks - 8 at level 2. The only way that would change is if their base INT score changed, and then it would change to the 6+ skill ranks.

Since an eidolon has a base form (aquatic, biped, quadroped, or serpentine) their ability scores are set by that base form. For example, the aquatic base for ability scores are: STR 16, DEX 12, CON 13, INT 7, WIS 10, CHA 11. So if there's something that states a change if the base is changed, they mean the base form abilities, etc.

This means that, in regards to skill ranks as mentioned in your question, if you increase the INT score to 8 (either via an ability score increase, item, or other ability) then the skill ranks change to 6+INT. The INT modifier for 8 is -1, so an eidolon whose intelligence increased to 8 would have 5 skill ranks rather than the ranks listed in the chart, which at level 2 is 8.

That is my understanding of the skills listed for eidolons. I hope I didn't just confuse you more. XD

• Thank You
Name: Shiragiku Hirayama
Race: Tiefling
Class: Summoner
Hair: long, straight, white
Eyes: pink
Skin: tan
Height: 5'2''
Body type: petite, feminine​

Shiragiku appears quite young and childish. The adulthood for tieflings is 60 years but she has since turned 64 without acquiring the mature horns and wings of an adult. Shiragiku is often ashamed of her small horns and undersized flightless wings, which she tries very hard to hide them. Her short but feminine frame is often cloaked in baggy clothing to hide the fact that she conceals her wings and spaded tail. Since her tiefling characteristics are hidden from view, she is often mistaken for a sub race of elf due to her long downward pointed ears. The tiefling hopes that one day her body will mature and she will no longer struggle with humiliation of being trapped in the juvenile form. Although no matter how girlish and feminine Shiragiku's appearance is, in fact, she is genetically male but preferred to be called by female pronouns and identifies as a girl.
She tends to wear loosely fitted eastern style clothing, but while traveling she prefers a variety of leather mixed with pink cloth embellishments and white chrysanthemum motifs. Her traveling clothes consist of: a brown and pink top with puffy sleeves, a pink ribbon around the collar and pink lace frill/ a lightweight leather jacket/ puffy pink shorts/ brown stockings/ leather traveling boots/ an oversized loosely fitted hat with pink ribbon. During battle Shiragiku dons eastern silken ceremonial armor similar to what her mother would have worn when she was a summoner.
Personality: Her personality is generally nice, carefree and innocent. She is quite energetic and playful at times. Shiragiku is easygoing and always eager to make new acquaintances. When given a task she is a hard worker, trying her best even if the task at hand is too difficult. She is very curious about the world outside her little town. She ponders what many wonders the world has that she has yet to encounter. Since she is very spoiled and pampered by her father, she tends to come off as very childish and immature. Shiragiku tends to hide her feelings and bottles them up inside only to show them to a select few. She forces a smile even when she feels she is about to breakdown and cry. The tiefling worst fear is being alone so she tends to cling to individuals and follows them like a child would follow its mother. Her two favorite people to cling to are her father, Ryuujin, and her eidolon, Kazuo.
Shiragiku was born on a dark, stormy night full of misery and despair. Moments before she was to breathe her first breath, her parents were viciously attacked. Shiragiku's father, Ryuujin, tried his best to fend off the assailant and protect his pregnant wife. Shiragiku's mother was struck by another attacker almost fatally wounding her. Ryuujin sacrificed his wings to save his wife and strike down both assailants. Fortunately the infant she was carrying was saved and as she breathed her last breath Shiragiku let out a wail. Her father held her tenderly as he sobbed over his dead wife. From that day on he vowed to give up being a warrior and to protect the small infant he was blessed with.
They settled in a small prosperous town in the mountains that had rich mineral ore deposits and abundant hot springs. Ryuujin took up blacksmithing as a trade and raised Shiragiku to the best of his ability. In time she became a spoiled child, always coddled by her father. Shiragiku grew happy and unaware of the troubles of the world, naïve and innocent. Her father always realized that she was lonely and that he couldn't always be there for her so he made her a stuffed toy that she in turn called "Ryū". Ryū became her best friend and with him she'd never be lonely. Even into her teen years, wherever she went Ryū came to.
As she became of age to work she came to work at one of the many onsen near her father's shop. There she met many new people and travelers that passed through the town. One of the travels named Asha interested her the most. She wished that she could travel and see the sights of the world like she did. Due to her cheery personality she tried her best to make friends with Kitsune. The traveler told her stories of the world outside the small town and it excited her. When Kitsune bid her farewell she offered for her join her travels. Shiragiku sorrowfully declined due to the fact she was still too immature to leave the town just yet.
A few years passed and she became restless, craving to see the outside world. It distressed her greatly that her body would not mature although she had reached adulthood. Ryuujin realized that maybe she needed to explore the outside world in order to grow more as a person and in turn become a mature tiefling. He taught her as much about the summoning arts that he could from the books his late wife had kept. She learned hurriedly and was soon able to summon an eidolon. She named him Kazuo and he became her new best friend. The energetic tiefling confused Kazuo but he followed her every command. Ryuujin, seeing how much she had developed, gave his blessing as he sent her out into the unknown to spread her wings and grow.
Other: Shiragiku always carries her most prized possession, Ryū, a stuffed toy her father made her when she was very little.​
During her journeys Shiragiku carries with her a spear. Her father had taught her the basics in spear wielding for self-defense.

Sheet:
Shiragiku (summoner): http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=137479
Kazuo (eidolon): http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=216077

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
I am extremely sorry for being delayed. Had a crazy weekend since my bro came home to the states from Korea yesterday when he was supposed to be home the day prior, but between missing his first flight and the flight he took being delayed by hours.... It's been a very interesting few days.

@Yume Bakemono

I like the tiefling but there's a few things I'm going to point out.

1. Your weapon's attack bonus is Base Attack Bonus + Strength Modifier. For your character, that's a +3.
2. The AC didn't seem to register the armor bonus, so add the AC bonus from your armor to your AC at the top. I believe the armor said that the AC bonus it provided was a +1 on the sheet I'm looking at.
3. HP is calculated by having max die at level 1 (for your current character that is 8) + Constitution modifier (+1) so your level 1 HP is 9. You also get a favored class bonus, which I usually suggest be an extra +1 HP for new players, at every level. With level 2 HP the only difference is the hit dice portion - instead of taking max hit die points (8) you either roll or take average, which is 5 HP, and then add the constitution and the favored class bonus (if you picked the +1 HP for the bonus).

Also, for whatever reason the Eidolon sheet isn't coming up. I don't know what your settings are for outsiders viewing it, and it could just be that my computer won't let me, but it's just not loading for me.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
ummm
@Jovian
I don't quiet understand what my summoner's hp is supposed to be....think I fixed everything else.
Could you please dumb it down for the noob, i don't understand anything about pathfinder or rp. ^w^
I fixed the viewing for my eidolon's sheet.

Ew, new sheet style. @Yume Bakemono , I think the big question here, is what did you roll on your HP roll? As Jovian said, your level one hitpoints should add up to 9, (As your class's hit die is a d8) then, because you're second level, you add 1d8+1 to the total as your constitution score modifier is 1. Every time you level up, you add an additional 1d8+1, unless your constitution modifier changes, at which point your modifier can also change, but for now, that's not important. There's also a safer way of increasing your hit points (I personally prefer the risk) of just taking the slightly above average total for what 1d8 is (5 points), after which you add an additional 1 because of the constitution modifier. So basically, your options are rolling 1d8+1 and hoping for a higher roll, or just adding 6 to your hit points.

Then, once that's noted, you have your favoured class bonus, which would presumably be in summoner. Favoured class bonus, every level, provides a +1 bonus to either your hit points, or to your skill points. You can split them up, or spend them in one or the other, it doesn't really matter, although lower level characters do tend to benefit more from increasing their hit points.

Hopefully that helps, and if not, I apologise, I'm cold, and tired, and on my way off to do some work :/

Yeah, that sums it up pretty well, @Requiem. Thanks for that. :)

@Yume Bakemono, that should be all the changes. I double checked, and I am fairly certain the sheet was fine. Same for your eidolon. I don't know much about the eidolon, but I skimmed over the material so I would have some idea for in the future.

I'll be a little busy next week so I would like to get my next post up Sunday as long as my world doesn't change my weekend again (it had been changed twice in the last two days, and then we had a third time come up today but it was mostly just tossed around with other plans until this third plan became the current plan). I'm hoping that I will at least have wifi next week so I can, if nothing else, at least get on with my tablet to post. Otherwise it will be the following Sunday before I can get another post up.

That's my current outlook, so have at it with posting! :D

Edit: Side note, and using Yume's character as an example, if your constitution modifier raises to a +2, you add +1 HP for every level you have and not just the level with the new constitution modifier.

I live, sort of.

I still live. I apologize for not responding sooner, life had gotten a little crazy for a bit. And I had believed that no one was still interested because there had been nothing else posted in the game thread nor had I seemed to get much of a response here. If you are all still interested, I will see about moving us forward. It's probably hard now just because the momentum faltered. XD

Looking back on what's going on, there's not really much I can add to contribute presently. My character has nobody to say goodbye to, or any things to gather, seeing as he's already a drifter. The only thing he could really do is gamble some coin out of Silver's character and buy a horse. Not something I really need though

If I remember correctly, I was just waiting for people to join Bediviere by the gate. I was also waiting to see if Yume wanted to get a post introducing us to Shiragiku in before I moved forward too. I can just move us forward without that if it is preferred though.

@Silver @Yume Bakemono @Bismarck

I made a post in the IC, thats why I was wondering why no one else was showing up. I'll ask Yume sometime today if she dosent notice the alerts before I see her.

Status
Not open for further replies.