Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I sort of forgot where I put all my notes so I'm redoing a bunch of stuff. Like, I can't even find my paper version of Bediviere and I'm hoping to find a better way to keep track of your character's modifiers so I can ask you to roll and then look at my sheets for what to add to those. Otherwise, I have to have you add a note with whatever modifiers you're using and specify what dice they go with. I figured if I had a one-glance sheet with it, saves us all the trouble.

But that still doesn't solve the issue of where my outline is that has most of the early encounters on it and it had my most of my notes for Bediviere. I'm sort of doing the posts blind right now and only off of memory, of which I have a crappy one.

The level was because knowing me, I'll end up putting together a fight and then you guys will end up fighting something you'll need the higher HP for.

Well I'll be putting together a Myth-weavers sheet for Björn today. In reality his current state of affairs, is because I just copy-pasted over an older character's stats, and such from another game, and adjusted him to fit Pathfinder better.

• Thank You
Reactions: Silver
Yeah, I've been using the Myth-Weavers bookmarks so far to check modifiers but sometimes I post on my laptop, sometimes the desktop, and even a few times on my tablet. The tablet is when I have issues checking the bookmarks, because smaller screen and lots of open tabs are not easy to sift through.

For the most part, the tablet is only for when I need to do responses here or non-combat posts. But because I use the software it has to get the initiative order for combats and to put together the encounters, I use it a lot and end up sometimes using it to get on the site.

I have the same software on my laptop and desktop but it's easier to grab my tablet if I need to check a stat that I forgot to write down in my encounter notes, because most of the time I have it when I sit at the desktop or the laptop.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get my paperwork put back together by this weekend. I'll try to keep up with the posts for Bediviere too, but if you're waiting for details from me and it's been a day or two, someone can send me a PM if nothing else works. I get emails and go "I should check that" and then forget about it ten minutes later.

• Thank You
Laptop is being a butt and not cooperating so it's getting a reset and I refuse to use it for things until that is done.

I'll be posting later today or tomorrow with stuff but have to wait until the maintenance guy comes because the desktop is upstairs and I won't hear him knock if I'm upstairs and doing work.

Also, I found part of my notes because I was cleaning off the desk that my girlfriend and the house guest that left finally had made a little messy, but not everything. I was sad, because it was mostly just NPCs and not my story and encounter notes. But I should have most of my stuff redone and ready to continue now.

Anyway, since it'd been a few, I wanted to update you. I hadn't gotten on before now because of my laptop, and I was putting off getting on my phone or tablet to give bad news, but since it is somewhat good news now (meaning post either later today or tomorrow) I figured I should update you.

Also... I have finally found my map of the world!

28vdh0n.jpg

At some point I'll add the town you started in, and I might even add where towns are that you are visiting and the like. I just never really liked the map I had but needed something and this really made me happy. Distance between things is probably different, but for what the area you're in looks like, I like it.

Post up!

Remember, level 2 when we get to the gate.

5 platinum = 50 gold in case you need a conversion.

Buying any general supplies (Goods/Tools/Clothing/Food) from this link - the lists are after all the weapons and armors listed - will be available at the prices listed.

If you want to upgrade weapons or armor, there's a.... I think it's 10% increase in the price? I'll have to double check my settlement notes. The only weapons not available are the exotic weapons from that link. The exception to the increased price is ammunition, like arrows and bolts.

That link takes you to the core rulebook's equipment section. There is a more extensive equipment list using the ultimate equipment book, but those aren't available in this town. If you choose to use D20 PFSRD instead of the Paizo site, check with me if you are confused about anything you can or cannot have.

For the most part, if you want something specific, you can always ask me. When we arrive at a town, I have a sheet that says exactly what they have available, what kinds of people are there, what NPCs are there that you might interact with, whether there's a side quest, if you hear rumors... etc. But that doesn't mean I can't swap out an item I had my program generate for me if you ask for something and it seems reasonable for the town and for where we are in the adventure.

• Love
Are we adding to what we bought in character creation? Or should we not have supplied the characters then? Would it be alright to use silkweave or other special materials, or to turn something we already have into something made with special materials (starter outfits)

Sorry this is long! I wanted to make sure I explained buying equipment in detail a little so it was easy to understand, or at least easy to ask questions about.

Adding to character creation. Think of the coin as a quest accepting reward, not as starting coin for your adventure. Every character would have their equipment, because in this world it is normal to have some sort of armor/weapons/etc. You may not have it on you all the time, but you do have it somewhere, in a chest at home or under your bed or something.

Most people are armed here because of the dangers that have come up recently. Ogres are more likely to attack towns, kobolds have started to sneak their way into towns and steal things, goblins are causing more ruckus than usual... That sort of thing. Your character being built reflects those things, or I would have been more specific about character creation - things like, you can only have one simple weapon or one of the bows with ammunition and a set of clothing. These are dangerous times, not just since the king's death but since he fell ill a while back.

I'll have to look at materials and get back to you on that. Some of the materials are still going to have varying prices depending on whether I have to roll a dice to see if they are available, how much is available, and if it is hard to come by or not in that area.

As for your current equipment... If it is a new material, you have to have a new item made.

For example I'll use a longsword. If I have a standard longsword, it already has a hilt and blade, right? So I'd have to replace the blade if I want a new material, so I have to replace the longsword because typically hilts and blades are fastened with glues or something. At least, we'll assume as much for this. With a cold iron longsword, I'd buy the longsword base price and the material (cold iron) price.

Now if I want to add special properties (keen, frost, etc) then I need it to be a masterwork cold iron longsword first. And that is, again, a new sword made by a more skilled smith with more care. At least, that's the theory behind it with my thoughts and may not be the general idea of a masterwork sword, armor, etc.

So to get a masterwork cold iron longsword, I'd have to pay the masterwork cost, plus the material, plus the longsword base price. At this point, though, this sword is able to be upgraded without buying a new longsword. Now I can make it a +1, +2, keen, frost, whatever.

Let's say for example I want this to be a +1 frost cold iron longsword. In order to have a special ability like frost, it has to have the +1 enhancement, and then I have frost put on it for whatever the cost of frost is. My sword can have up to +5 enhancement bonuses and up to +10 in total (enhancement+special abilities). So if I choose to have a +7 equivalent in special abilities, my sword can only have a +3 enhancement bonus.

Towns have purchase limits, limiting how much they buy from you, and I am pretty sure there's a limit for how much they can sell too (ie, materials, base weapons, etc). My sheet for Neimod is upstairs and I'm about to leave, or I'd give you an example using this town for what the limits are and how they are used in the adventures.

• Thank You
Okay, I understand. thank you for explaining it to me.

Next question:

How exactly does leveling up work? I added skill ranks, the level two abilities, and the spells according to my class page. Is there anything else that changes?

Your class features chart is the best guide on what to change with each level, so chances are you covered everything. However, I will list out the changes just in case.

base attack bonus
base fortitude/reflex/will
skill ranks
HP increase (you can roll your HP dice in here or just take 5 and add to current; don't forget to add your CON modifier every level too)
favored class option (usually +1 HP or +1 skill rank per level, but some classes offer other options too)
class abilities
spellcasting changes (if applicable)

At every odd level (1, 3, 5, etc) you gain a new feat. These are always there and are separate from class bonus feats as well, such as with fighter bonus feats.

Every 4th level (4, 8, 12, 16, and 20) you add +1 to any ability score (STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA) you want.

That should be everything. I'll let you know if I remember anything else later.

Everyone needs to keep their electronic character sheet updated as well. Remember, I reference those to get your attack bonuses for dice rolls! Otherwise, you will need to have a note in your posts with every dice roll stating what your modifier is for the dice roll!

@Bismarck Are you still planning to make a mythweavers sheet? It's not necessary, just so long as the post with your current version stays updated or a new version is sent to me in a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
I'll be editing my character sheet sometime tomorrow hopefully, and if my sickness passes, I'll try and get a post up. Also, 10 Gold. Those are some crazy expensive drinks, or a really really big tip. O.O

All right. Still a good thing to know how the equipment works with purchasing things. :) What you can do is if you want to sell anything in the future but don't want to hassle with asking how much you can get from it, 50% of the book price and just note that you sold it somewhere when we're in a town.

One thing that will come up is loot distribution. I'll be posting the loot in here and you guys will basically have a chance to call for it. If more than 1 wants an item, it's a d20 roll and the higher number gets it. If no one wants an item, it's 75% of it's book price if you immediately want the money from it and don't use it. If you save the items and want to try to get someone to buy it for more at a town, you can and I'll let you know what the towns will purchase it for.

This will be noted again if this comes up in case no one remembers, I just wanted to get it out there while it was in mind.

All right, there hasn't been any other posts. I'm waiting until Sunday before I get the next post up that will push forward, though chances are it will be a really short post. I don't like double posting but I think that it will be a little necessary since there will be such a lapse in posts. Also, I plan on looking at the character sheets again this weekend because I finally got my sheets back in order and what my original ideas were, but they do need a little changing because I had a few new ideas that I need to incorporate into those plans but they require looking into the characters to make sure that they will work with your backgrounds/personalities so if those are not in your intro post or on your sheets, please make sure that everything you want to be included in those areas are there.

Since it's been a while without much activity, I feel this is a mandatory statement:

If for some reason, you cannot continue this please let me know. I hold no hard feelings because sometimes interest changes after the fact and I'm totally cool with that. I would only ask that a message be sent to me giving an honest opinion of this story and my role with it as the game master.

@Silver @Bismarck @Majem @Taco Mako @Requiem

I'm still up for it, I actually have a post partially written out........if it saved.

I can continue, was just waiting on others I think

I like the story, I like the RP and I like you as a GM, but lately I cannot get myself to get involved with anything at all. I've even put off responding to this because of that, but I at least want to say this now. I'm going to drop out. Even if I do manage to get back soon, I don't think I'll be able to stay motivated throughout the entirety of this run, so I'll just quit here.

hey I'm really sorry but i can't continue, real life is getting to real.

I live, and plan to continue, just dealing with depression and stuff which has sort of sapped my writing ambition

Status
Not open for further replies.