P.R.C.U.: An Institute For The Extraordinarily Gifted [CLOSED SIGNUPS]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. :3

She's certainly teaching me that guys like confidence. Will try applying that in real life...
I think both genders enjoy confidence so long as it's not cockiness.

Yeah- I like a nice balance between the two. Then again, I struggle with social anxiety at times, making confidence that fraction more appealing.

I hear you haha.

Also after reading David's blurb on Tory why do I feel like we have Shipper on Deck?

I said he was a romantic :P Haha.

Also I was thinking that was a play on words at first. David's initials are DEK. So was like huh?

I said he was a romantic :P Haha.

Also I was thinking that was a play on words at first. David's initials are DEK. So was like huh?

Man if I had noticed that before hand I would totally have wrote it Shipper on DEK lol.

So this is slightly off-topic, but saw the leaked Constantine Pilot online. The story felt a little...weak. Constantine's character was absolutely amazing and humorous, but the rest felt very iffy. The horror wasn't that great either, though that's really preferable to me since I'm not a big fan of horror movies. It felt very supernatural-lish in that the humor was amazing, but the horror wasn't. I'm kinda scared that this won't pick up the same following as Arrow and will be a second season cancel.

Flash at least has the hype of Arrow backing it up; Constantine is completely on its own. Wish they could have at least gotten it on Fox so it could somehow tie into Gotham . The Easter Eggs won't be as great. Though...
Constantine-Doctor-Fate-Helmet.jpg
DR. FATE'S HELMET!
Hopefully it will really find it's stride in a few episodes otherwise I don't think it will last long. Which is kinda sad really.

So this is slightly off-topic, but saw the leaked Constantine Pilot online. The story felt a little...weak. Constantine's character was absolutely amazing and humorous, but the rest felt very iffy. The horror wasn't that great either, though that's really preferable to me since I'm not a big fan of horror movies. It felt very supernatural-lish in that the humor was amazing, but the horror wasn't. I'm kinda scared that this won't pick up the same following as Arrow and will be a second season cancel.

Flash at least has the hype of Arrow backing it up; Constantine is completely on its own. Wish they could have at least gotten it on Fox so it could somehow tie into Gotham . The Easter Eggs won't be as great. Though...
Constantine-Doctor-Fate-Helmet.jpg
DR. FATE'S HELMET!
Hopefully it will really find it's stride in a few episodes otherwise I don't think it will last long. Which is kinda sad really.

All I can say is that if Agents of Shield can make it to Season 2 than Constatine should be able to as well.

God, that show is awful.

Edit: It does have the legions of tumblr fangirls (vom) backing its ratings though.

K so, with the exception of associates, I'm pretty much done with my character

K so, with the exception of associates, I'm pretty much done with my character
I shall meander over to the sheet and check it out then!

• | NAME: |
    Erika Vostrum​

| ALIAS(ES): |

Luci. (A play on Lucifer, the fallen angel.)​

| PLACE OF BIRTH: |

Germany​

| NATIONALITY: |
    German-American​

| D.O.B. |

06.30.1996​

| AGE: |

18​

| SEX: |

Female​

| SEXUALITY: |

Heterosexual​

| HEIGHT: |

5'10"​

| BUILD: |

Athletic​

| WEIGHT: |

135​

| EYES: |
    Gold​
    | HAIR: |
    Blonde​
    | H-CLASS: |
    Vulcan​

• | ABILITIES: |
    Light Generation and Manipulation: Vicki has garnered the power to bend and manipulate light to her will. She is able to absorb pre-existing light or create her own. She generally tends to focus on beams and small constructs of hard light, though she has been known to generate brilliant flashes of light to serve as a distraction. She can pull light from any source she wishes.​

| LIMITATIONS: |
    -Generating light from herself takes a toll after a while and if she's not careful, it will kill her. Because of that, she tends to stick with small line orders when using her own light.

-The most ornate construct she's made are her wings that she uses to fly along with riding the light waves. It's her way of cheating as she's not fully capable of riding light waves on her own just yet. Other than that, her constructs tend to stick around the category of walls and beams.

-A wall she creates can be about a foot taller than her and six feet wide and still retain its durability. Past that, it becomes more and more fragile.

-Her hard light beams can come in a variety of speeds, and she can also fire off multiple beams. But, for her to control them (as in follow and opponent), they can only be about as wide as both of her forearms together and it's only one beam that she can control at this point.

-Being in direct light makes her feel better and slightly more vibrant but hasn't shown any noticeable change in her speed or strength or even healing.​

| WEAKNESSES: |
    -Sound vibrations that can shatter glass can rip through her constructs with no problem unless she concentrates on them. Even then, her mind can slip and cause the constructs to shatter.

-Due to her not being able to fully ride the light waves, she has to rely on her wings she has learned to construct. The wings can be shattered with enough force and she can not regenerate them in the middle of a battle.

-Also, due to her reliance on wings, she has kept a slender frame. She is stronger than she looks, but not by an exorbitant amount. She relies on speed, agility and her ranged-attacks for the most part, as a result her physical can be seen as lacking. She attempts to make up for this by supreme agility and maneuvering.​

| APPLICATIONS: |
    -Pocket Flashes ranging from sparklers to flash grenade level.

-Hard Light constructs: Walls for defensive purposes. Domes for complete defensive purposes. Beams of slight concussive force. Orbs of light that she is able to control and maneuver around her body.

-Hard Light Wings: A pair of wings she "grows" on her back. After studying aerodynamic designs and memorizing them to the smallest detail, she rests on it as her default construct for the wings. Creating them takes her only 5 seconds now, and she can hold the construct without thinking about it.

-Flight: Using the Hard Light Wings and light waves in the air, she is able to fly at up to 70 miles per hour with surprising agility to show for it.​
  • | HISTORY |

From an early age, Erika was honed and taught to be the best that she could. Second place was a spot reserved for the man who didn't have the gall to push himself the extra mile and third place was for the degenerate not worthy of being mentioned. Her father and his father before him had both been of the military stock, real meat and potatoes type men.

The first child of Colonel and Mrs. Vostrum, Erika was pushed to be all that she could be in her father's eyes, even if she was only a woman. For the naturally intelligent and competitive Erika, that was fine by her, it simply gave her an excuse to test her mettle against any and every person she came across. She became the most alive when competing with others, even her father. Her laughs more vibrant, eyes dancing and even more color in her skin. The essence of a challenge in any form brought joy to her. At 6, everything changed the moment her younger brother came in to the world.

The moment her younger brother, Alan, came along, her father's attention turned from her completely. From spot light to back burner, the switch left Erika hungry for the attention she didn't realize she had learned to crave. Her efforts in being the best now stemmed from overshadowing her brother instead of the pure love of competition. Anything they did, growing up, centered around proving her worth to the father who seemed to have lost all concern for her.

Her efforts were futile and eventually, the thing that gave her the most life began to deaden her inside. Unable to garner attention from her father but unwilling to back down from a challenge or striving to be better, Erika began to go through the motions of all obstacles the met, but with a piece missing from her. And emptiness that shifted in to a coldness. During this time, her abilities started to manifest. By the age of 11, Erika had become accustomed to the presence of her powers, but tried desperately to hide them. She couldn't risk another facet of disappointment in her father's eyes.

Of course, she was soon discovered and from that point on, her father refused to acknowledge that he had given birth to such a catastrophe.

Disowned in every way short of physically removing her from the house, Erika found solace nowhere, until the PRCU reached out to her. Initially, she had resisted, unsure of labeling herself as more of an oddity and drawing more attention to her...affliction. But, the hidden longing to be around others who wouldn't see her as a failure soon overwhelmed her and Erika found herself on the next flight to Canada.​

• The rain pelted at her face with a vicious intensity as she neared her target. Eyes narrowed and brow furrowed, Vicki squared her shoulders more mid-flight and flexed her fingers, closing in on her target. A ball of fire came at her from the vague darkness intensified by the murky weather. Without pausing, she twisted her body and avoided the flame. Before she had time to adjust her self to a level position, another flame shot at her, closely followed by a third and a fourth. She weaved past the first one, lifting her right wing to tilt her body to the left, feeling the heat as it passed. The final flame seemed inevitably trained on her as she stopped mid-flight and brought her hands up. A wall appeared, meeting the flame head-on and absorbing it.

The wind howled deafeningly in her ears as she dive-bombed, launching orbs at the figure below. He lurched to the side and dodged each volley with ease, smiling at her as she neared. She let out a roar of fury and created a ball in her hand that came up to meet his ball of flame. The two collided, her face looking down on his, teeth gritted and hair matted. She could feel her biceps protesting, but she held out, bringing her other hand up and firing a small flash of light. The light caused him to lose his focus for a moment. She pushed down, connecting her fist with his cheek ant tackled him. Wrapping her arms around his chest, she met the ground and found herself tangled in a mess of limbs before a burst of flame hit her in the chest, launching her back and in to the nearest building.

Vicki stood up amid the debris and wiped the sweaty dirty from her face. Her face betrayed no hint of fatigue, though she felt it thoroughly.

She would kill this man.​

| IMPRESSION: |

Accepted!

Last edited:
Alright everyone, I'm just waiting on the last remaining character sheets. That said, I will be setting up the IC no later than Monday as I have it all drafted up and ready to go should the character sheets be submitted sooner.

I'm curious (not applicable to my character) would it be possible to first be classified incorrectly? Or how do people figure out what type of classification they belong in?
Maybe you wrote it down somewhere and I missed it.. That could be it too.

Descriptions of all the Classifiers can be found in the OP. Ideally you can figure out what classifer you are by checking your powers against the descriptions, but if not then we can give you a hand if you need us to.

I know, What I'm asking is when a person discovers their abilities, how are they classified. Is it by observing their powers, tests, psychic reading,…
I already know what I'm going for and what category it belongs to, I'm just wondering how people figure out what they belong to.

I know, What I'm asking is when a person discovers their abilities, how are they classified. Is it by observing their powers, tests, psychic reading,…
I already know what I'm going for and what category it belongs to, I'm just wondering how people figure out what they belong to.

I'm considering doing something like that for my character, as he originally seems to be a regular pyrokinetic, but is eventually figured out to be a hearmanipulator.

Which in itself, could be called a sub-power of Vector manipulation, and that'd make him a Saturn. But I'm not gonna mess around with that.

Speaking of the devil, I realized I was done with this yesterday, but never posted it into the thread, good job, Hillan.

Warren "Casey" Graham​

| ALIAS(ES): |
    CJ (Short for Casey Jones.)
    Brand - H.E.L.P alias.

| PLACE OF BIRTH: |
    Ecuador​

| NATIONALITY: |
    Dual Nationality
    Ecuadorian - American.
    His heritage is Scandinavian.​

| D.O.B. |
    September 4th, 1996​

| AGE: |
    18 years Old​

| SEX: |
    1-3 times a week.​

| SEXUALITY: |
    Hetero.​

| HEIGHT: |
    186 CM​

| BUILD: |
    Muscular, but not cut.​

| WEIGHT: |
    79 KG.​

| EYES: |
    Navy blue.​

| HAIR: |
    Dirty Blonde​

| H-CLASS: |
    Neptune, while there are still those that argue he's a Mars-type.​
  • | ABILITIES: |

Heat Manipulation:
    His body stores energy from various sources of heat, the sun, being the greatest source of energy for him. But he could use other sources as well, fuse boxes, bonfires, burning buildings, all work as energy sources.

He manipulates short waves of energy that increase the friction and alters the direction of molecules. Currently, rubbing air together won't make much happen except a little bit of smoke, so he cannot make fire out of nothing. As such, he relies on having some sort of surface to generate fire on. He's infamous for ruining his own jackets and shirts with his powers. He's largely immune to heat and fire.​

| LIMITATIONS: |
    His powers are weakened during the night, or deep underground where he cannot use energy from sunlight. He can extinguish flames without any problem, but smoke still gets him as cooling down smoke can be more dangerous than leaving it be in gas-form.
    | WEAKNESSES: |
    As previously stated, smoke is something he cannot control. Water extinguishes flames, and frigid cold renders his powers all but useless.
    | APPLICATIONS: |
    His powers comes in a neat little package. Warren is capable of altering the temperature around him, put things on fire, extinguish fires. He could possibly use his powers to allow for such things as self-combustion and flight. Potentially grow to be able to alter the weather, and even generate and manipulate lightning. The applications of his powers are almost unending, depending how far Warren would be able to develop them.​
  • | HISTORY |
    History:

Warren was born in Ecuador, in South America. His mother was a native, her family's rich history stretching all the way back to the native tribes of the land. Her name was Maria Esmerelda Graham. His father, was a man named John. He came form America, but was born and raised in Denmark, the Europe. John was blonde and blue eyed, in great contrast to Maria's dark eyes and, albeit light hue, still rather dark skin. John was a traveler, he had seemingly infinite amounts of money, yet, he didn't spoil Maria. John was seeing the world, coming to see Maria once or twice per year, but three years into their relationship, John found Maria with child, his child. She was in her third month of pregnancy when John stayed in Ecuador for over a year. But by the time his son was big enough to walk, at a mere 7 months, John was traveling the world again.

Warren spent his early childhood without his father, mostly. His father came by once or twice a year, bearing exotic gifts and stories, staying for roughly a month per year, where Warren got to know his father. Fifteen years ago, their relationship changed, when Warren was five. John came to Ecuador in the middle of August, as usual, but this time, it was unlike any other. He found his love, Maria, to be gone. Her funeral been had almost a month beforehand. She had died from complications during a surgery.

John took Warren, and set out to travel the world with his son, as he didn't want to be cut out of Warren's life, like Maria's parents would have seen to. That's the night Warren will never forget. Driving into the barrens in Ecuador, and see his father step out of the car, get him out of his seat, and hold his hand, as he walked towards the edge of a cliff. His father hunching down, holding his fingers as if he grabbed onto a zipper in the air, and then pull the zipper upwards, revealing a window where it blew a chilly wind, and where green lights, the northern lights shone over them. The two walked through the rift, and Warren felt cold. John giving him a jacket. And the words he heard after that, he'd never forget.

"Welcome to Denmark, son."

John Borgsen raised his son in Denmark for the majority of his childhood, during the winters, they would go to America, live in John's house on Long Island. Life was a dream for Warren, he had a lot of friends, he was happy, and his father was always there for him. Until one day. Warren came home from his football practice, and he'd find the house on Long Island to be.. Empty. His father was nowhere to be found. Without a trace. John did vanish once in a while, but not like that.

Warren last saw his father when he was twelve years old. And from then on, his life would turn darker and grim. Not even six months after his father had left, he had run out of whatever money he had, he had all but sold everything in their house on long island, knowing no family in Denmark, or America, nor could he remember anyone in Ecuador, the boy was alone. Left to fend for himself. He was put in public school, where he would meet new people, he wouldn't call them friends, but they made sure he didn't get hurt. Well, by anyone but them.

Warren got into the gang activities in New York when he was 13, being a quick runner and, thanks to his pretty big frame, able to throw a punch. His Hyperhuman abilities would show the same year, when he made a police cruiser's wheel explode by making the rubber in it's tires too hot after intense concentration. He took abuse by his fellow gang members, but soon, they'd find usage for his abilities, and encourage him into becoming more powerful with them.

By the time he was 16, Warren had become one of the most feared teenagers in all of New York. They had dubbed him "Casey Jones" because Warren wore a Hockey mask over his face to seem more intimidating, and because he was a gigantic Leatherface fanboy. Warren was approached by a SWAT-Squad, they opted to take him out, but when that proved difficult, they realized Warren had come to care for the people that had once abused and used him, his fellow gang members were his family, so instead of fighting the at the time believed to be-Neptune, they chased after his human friends.

Warren surrendered into their captivity, despite wanting to fight, because he realized that the people under his care would get hurt, and put in prison, so as such, he surrendered to the authorities. His valiant actions didn't put him in a hole where he'd never see the sun again, but instead, after insisting by the H.E.L.P be allowed into P.R.C.U. This meant moving to Canada and leaving his life behind, which was hard for him. His first few months, as a Junior in the High School part of the academy was rough. He caused quite a lot of trouble, a few fires, a fight or two, but he would start to get a bit comfortable, he'd also grow quite adept at Hyperball, apparently, people tend to hesitate to tackle a guy who's on fire, most of the times.

However, after his first year, Warren began to grow into the academy. He calmed down, he stopped being so hotheaded, he realized he wasn't the strongest guy on campus, and he should stop trying to be that person. He learned that this isn't the streets anymore, he didn't have to fight or flee everyday, he could relax. He could start to break down his mental walls, and start to let people into his life, make friends, friends who didn't fear him, or envy him. But people who could relate to him, like his father used to.

Now, in his fourth year at the academy, he's learned a lot about what it means to be a Hyperhuman, and he's come to be able to relate to his father, since his father knew about all of this Hyperhuman business, and was one himself. Though, his father had never actually attended the academy, nor been in contact with H.E.L.P. Now Warren is a respected member of Team Blackjack, one of the oldest in the team, having made many friends, but also grown a lot as, both a Hyperhuman, and as a person. Growing into a caring, mature young man, with a slight temper problem and a knack for sarcasm.

• Leaning to his right, he manipulated the flame on his side into a blast in front of him, knocking the aluminium ball that was coming towards him out of it's path. Warren dodged a second ball that came at him, as fast as a baseball, and then twirled his hand as a flame shot out from behind him and deflected a third ball. The trail of gasoline under him lit up as two more balls came a few meters apart, Warren took in a deep breath, as he opened his palm, the gasoline under him burst into a violent flame, knocking the first ball a few inches into the air, and then it fell down, hitting the second ball perfectly, knocking both of them out of the air and away from hitting him.

Warren waved his hand to end the exercise, the modified baseball-shooter stopping it's fire. Warren puffed slightly, turning around "Morning exercise done. Classes in twenty five minutes.. Cool." He mumbled to himself, leaving the exercise hall, as he left, the cleaners came to take care of the burnt gasoline on the ground and the smell of the fire Warren had created. Warren walked into the changing room and got out of his exercise clothes, his burnt leather jacket being hung up on it's place, and then he got into the shower, coming out five minutes later, putting on his school uniform, sort of lazily tying his tie, he noticed his left knee had a burn mark, and he just couldn't wait to hear his Professors complain about his clothes, for the 1086th time during his stay at the P.R.C.U.

• He tends to smell like gasoline when not in his school uniform. His A.R.C suit's made out of a highly durable, yet flammable material, allowing him to use his own clothes as fuel for his powers.
    He practices martial arts with the SHIFT-students three times a week, and is adept at Systema and Judo.

| IMPRESSION: |

Completely forgot about acquaintances for a moment! Whoops, working on that now!

Status
Not open for further replies.