P.R.C.U.: An Institute For The Extraordinarily Gifted [CLOSED SIGNUPS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha well, Emma is ditzy so she'll probably be kinda oblivious to that (or wave any advances off as 'they just want to borrow something at some point'). Unless he comes and lodges an ax in her back XD that she would realize :P

Dang. Emma is popular.

@Shroud Better watch out, David will kick your butt. :P Err....before I commit to that though..what is your character's power again? :P

Now that's one fight I'd like to see. With everyone else making bets as to who wins.

Dang. Emma is popular.

@Shroud Better watch out, David will kick your butt. :P Err....before I commit to that though..what is your character's power again? :P

You'll find out in a bit.

I went through several different powerset ideas ranging from mimicing the ability of animals, and hydrokineses, to duplication of any object he touches, and limited teleportation of inorganic matter in his line of sight, among others. But, again, I wanted to balance out the cast, so I went with a pretty basic powerset that would round out the Hype classifications for Blackjack.

You could probably guess what it is. It would be fairly easy to.

And, I figure since Tory would be the obvious crush to have, I'd go with Emma.
Just a shame nobody else is making a 15-17 year old female charrie.

I gotcha. My problem (not really problem0 with David is that he is very much a batman type character. He's obviously not as smart, but he is the CQC ninja type. However he is only peak human at the moment.

I kinda have in mind that as his power grows he will be able to mimic other hype abilities. Starting out with developing Atlas/Mercury abilities and then later Orcus/Neptune. THe Atlas/Mercury are already starting to show, but it will be years before his hypegene adapts to other classficiations. I don't ever see him being able to mimic some of the less physical classifications such as Minerva, Fortuna, or Saturn.

I gotcha. My problem (not really problem0 with David is that he is very much a batman type character. He's obviously not as smart, but he is the CQC ninja type. However he is only peak human at the moment.

Nothing wrong with that. It's a useful archetype for a team-based game. Helps round out the cast so we're not all throwing around energy balls and flying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with that. It's a useful archetype for a team-based game. Helps round out the cast so we're all not throwing around energy balls and flying.
This would be the reason to shoot down that previous idea Pasta. Being able to mimic those powers kind of takes away the team element. Mind you with the proper limitations it might be possible.

Minnie and Erika too would make for interesting characters to have a crush on. Well not for my char, but for a guy char.
Or maybe not so much a crush but kind of that friendship developing into love relationship type.

It'll be interesting to see what your character'll bring to the table Shroud.
Plus who knows, maybe someone might join and make a younger character?

Minnie and Erika too would make for interesting characters to have a crush on. Well not for my char, but for a guy char.
Or maybe not so much a crush but kind of that friendship developing into love relationship type.

It'll be interesting to see what your character'll bring to the table Shroud.
Plus who knows, maybe someone might join and make a younger character?

They would, yes, but they're both in their 20's so it would be more of a lustful crush than any romantic one. And, although my character will be 16 and yours 18, I still intend for him to try and get into her pants. Or, rather, just woo her. Either or haha.

I look forward to seeing what I bring to the table, too. Hopefully it'll be a seven course meal, and not leftover, cold pizza from the week before.

This would be the reason to shoot down that previous idea Pasta. Being able to mimic those powers kind of takes away the team element. Mind you with the proper limitations it might be possible.

Well yeah there would obviously be limitations. The first of which is time. It would take years of constantly being around those archetypes for David's body to begin to mimic them. The Atlas/Mercury abilities are still very much in their beginning stages. Last resort type stuff.

The most he would ever get to in this RP, depending upon how long this lasts...would be Hype-level strength and speed.

The other stuff is just mental head canon. :P

Well, there's three or four years between my sister and her boyfriend, so 16 and 18 isn't that huge. Then again, they're both in their twenties, so yeah. I had a crush on an eighteen year old before, so it's not entirely impossible.

And I think it'll be interesting to see how David deals with it. If he just focuses on learning how to improve it, or if he kinda goes "why can't I run through walls/summon objects/manipulate heat, etc."

Well, there's three or four years between my sister and her boyfriend, so 16 and 18 isn't that huge. Then again, they're both in their twenties, so yeah. I had a crush on an eighteen year old before, so it's not entirely impossible.

And I think it'll be interesting to see how David deals with it. If he just focuses on learning how to improve it, or if he kinda goes "why can't I run through walls/summon objects/manipulate heat, etc."

I totally see something like this happening,

original.gif

Edit: I was a precocious child. Still kinda weirds me out, but at 15 my first girlfriend was 22...

It's only truly against social norms when one is under the age of 18. And, depending on how young and old they are respectively, it can be morally wrong. But, you're right. There is not much a difference between 16 and 18, which is why I'll be attempting to have Hunter - my character - pursue Emma. In his own, awkward way. Unless things change, of course. I just usually like to have a romantic aspect to my characters in school-based games.

"I CAN TOTALLY DO WHAT YOU CAN!"

"David, no, don't- oh, he's gone. Aaaaaand he's down. *sigh* I'll get the nurse."

@Shroud I can see what you mean. Romance always does add an extra something to the story.

"Here I've got the first aid kit" *borrows the kit from the school's infirmary*

XD That would be seriously hilarious.

And romance indeed adds something at all times *nods*

Why do I get the feeling that David and Hunter are going to be vying for a girl who is completely oblivious to the entire thing? And in the end she ends up with someone else?

I see it now...David and Hunter sharing a drink with black eyes, messed up clothes...

"Sorry for punching you in the jaw."

"Nah man, it's cool. Sorry I put a skunk in your room."

"You what?"

I am so not used to the formatting on Iwaku.
Transferring my CS over to the template on here is a little strange. Never used these tabs before on any other site.

EDIT:
Why do I get the feeling that David and Hunter are going to be vying for a girl who is completely oblivious to the entire thing? And in the end she ends up with someone else?

I see it now...David and Hunter sharing a drink with black eyes, messed up clothes...

"Sorry for punching you in the jaw."

"Nah man, it's cool. Sorry I put a skunk in your room."

"You what?"

Assuming he doesn't just melt your _____ with his ______ powers. ;p

If it's naturally emergent as a result of character interaction, then yes, romance adds depth. But in situation like these, where you're all discussing who will pursue who before the sheet has even been posted, I'm inclined to ignore it.

I'll just see where things go XD What I do know is she's not the type to really realize what's going on in terms of when someone is or isn't flirting with her. Whatever happens beyond that, we'll just have to see in the actual RP itself ^-^

I'll just see where things go XD What I do know is she's not the type to really realize what's going on in terms of when someone is or isn't flirting with her. Whatever happens beyond that, we'll just have to see in the actual RP itself ^-^

Pretty much this. It's more just humorous talk from me at the moment. :P The RP dictates!

Status
Not open for further replies.