P.R.C.U.: An Institute For The Extraordinarily Gifted [CLOSED SIGNUPS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I didn't even reflect on how unpolite my previous comment was, my apologies.

Ah, I see. Here in Sweden, we're at season 8 on tv, but I started streaming it online / downloading the episodes from the internet when the show was in the third season, and then been watching it religiously. It's a great show, and it does, in my opinion, only get better with time. And always glad to see someone else who appreciates the series.

Try and stay away from the obsessive teenage girls on tumblr regarding the show, it's not good for you to be exposed to that kind of madness.

Did you reverse google search? Or did you recognise her? Because yes. Here's your cookie. :cookie:

I looked the image up when you originally submitted it because I thought it kind of looked like Kristen Bell but I didn't recognize the outfit so I did the ever handy 'right click, search Google for this image' and stumbled across Halestorm. I really ought to check out their music as everything about them reminds me of Flyleaf who I loved (well until Lacey Strum retired, iffy on the new vocalist.)

Yup. It's Juni. Was majorly surprised it was him. He and Carmen both grew up to look a lot different than I thought they would.

Also, what TV show is this?

Wow, I didn't even reflect on how unpolite my previous comment was, my apologies.

Ah, I see. Here in Sweden, we're at season 8 on tv, but I started streaming it online / downloading the episodes from the internet when the show was in the third season, and then been watching it religiously. It's a great show, and it does, in my opinion, only get better with time. And always glad to see someone else who appreciates the series.

Try and stay away from the obsessive teenage girls on tumblr regarding the show, it's not good for you to be exposed to that kind of madness.

I didn't take it like that, don't worry! Yeah, tumblr got me to start watching it. But I do try not to get too into these things so they don't get ruined.

And yeah, Halestorm is great. Makes me feel like wearing killer heels and skinny jeans and leather jackets. I already play a bit of guitar, so that's cool.

And it's Supernatural. :3

I didn't take it like that, don't worry! Yeah, tumblr got me to start watching it. But I do try not to get too into these things so they don't get ruined.

And yeah, Halestorm is great. Makes me feel like wearing killer heels and skinny jeans and leather jackets. I already play a bit of guitar, so that's cool.

And it's Supernatural. :3
gotcha! I watched the first couple episodes, but had difficulty getting into it because of the episodic kinda thing. Looking forward to Constantine though

gotcha! I watched the first couple episodes, but had difficulty getting into it because of the episodic kinda thing. Looking forward to Constantine though

Same, going to enjoy watching Constantine and Grimm back to back.

Supernatural isn't very horror-esque, to be honest. Compared to Grimm, that is. It goes pretty far away from it's X-files identity in the third and fourth season. You'd have to be awfully easily scared to get scared by Supernatural.

The show will have you laughing till you cry, though.

Wow...this happened fast. Have two characters in mind. One would definitely be a Minerva class, but if I recycle Mary what would she fall under? I mean, she's a plant girl. What would that be, Saturn?

Wow...this happened fast. Have two characters in mind. One would definitely be a Minerva class, but if I recycle Mary what would she fall under? I mean, she's a plant girl. What would that be, Saturn?

Neptune, plant manipulation and what not falls under Neptune which encompasses all elements. Saturn is time and space manip so she definitely wouldn't belong there but a case could be made for Juno which is biological manipulation.

Well, the Bloody Mary episode did have me a little freaked. I'll admit, it was more "why did i get so attached and when did it happen" for me by the end of season one. Yeah, Supernatural's not scary. It can be creepy, but not scary.

And I will vouch for the laughing part. I've had a few times when I've had my fist practically in my mouth trying to stop myself from laughing because I was on my laptop and the rest of the family would think I was cracked.

Boy this suddenly moved fast!
Too bad someone beat me to muscle memory, but I'll be able to figure something out.

Boy this suddenly moved fast!
Too bad someone beat me to muscle memory, but I'll be able to figure something out.
Home early then?

Nope, have limited internet access. Not for lengthy times, and only on the iPad right now, but other than that I'm here, sorta XD

Nope, have limited internet access. Not for lengthy times, and only on the iPad right now, but other than that I'm here, sorta XD
Ah okay! That makes sense.

When I'm home, and rested (meaning, Sunday most likely) I'll finally be able to make a character.
Now to figure out what power to do...
Would nullification (with whichever variation) be an ability to be used?
I'm still trying to figure things out and haven't had a chance to think about it in detail yet, so I might not do so even if it's possible.
Maybe I'll go for water, or paper... Hmm..

When I'm home, and rested (meaning, Sunday most likely) I'll finally be able to make a character.
Now to figure out what power to do...
Would nullification (with whichever variation) be an ability to be used?
I'm still trying to figure things out and haven't had a chance to think about it in detail yet, so I might not do so even if it's possible.
Maybe I'll go for water, or paper... Hmm..

Nullification is doable, probably a Juno type power. I wouldn't mind seeing a Water Manipulator though!

Crap, a talentshow thingy is starting now so gotta poof. Ciao!

'Sup bitches

TIFFANY_POLLARD_9.gif

• | NAME: |
    Erika Vostrum​

| ALIAS(ES): |

Luci. (A play on Lucifer, the fallen angel.)​

| PLACE OF BIRTH: |

Germany​

| NATIONALITY: |
    German-American​

| D.O.B. |

06.30.1994​

| AGE: |

20​

| SEX: |

Female​

| SEXUALITY: |

Heterosexual​

| HEIGHT: |

5'10"​

| BUILD: |

Athletic​

| WEIGHT: |

135​

| EYES: |
    Gold​
    | HAIR: |
    Blonde​
    | H-CLASS: |
    Vulcan​

• | ABILITIES: |
    Light Generation and Manipulation: Vicki has garnered the power to bend and manipulate light to her will. She is able to absorb pre-existing light or create her own. She generally tends to focus on beams and small constructs of hard light, though she has been known to generate brilliant flashes of light to serve as a distraction. She can pull light from any source she wishes.​

| LIMITATIONS: |
    -Generating light from herself takes a toll after a while and if she's not careful, it will kill her. Because of that, she tends to stick with small line orders when using her own light.

-The most ornate construct she's made are her wings that she uses to fly along with riding the light waves. It's her way of cheating as she's not fully capable of riding light waves on her own just yet. Other than that, her constructs tend to stick around the category of walls and beams.

-A wall she creates can be about a foot taller than her and six feet wide and still retain its durability. Past that, it becomes more and more fragile.

-Her hard light beams can come in a variety of speeds, and she can also fire off multiple beams. But, for her to control them (as in follow and opponent), they can only be about as wide as both of her forearms together and it's only one beam that she can control at this point.

-Being in direct light makes her feel better and slightly more vibrant but hasn't shown any noticeable change in her speed or strength or even healing.​

| WEAKNESSES: |
    -Sound vibrations that can shatter glass can rip through her constructs with no problem unless she concentrates on them. Even then, her mind can slip and cause the constructs to shatter.

-Due to her not being able to fully ride the light waves, she has to rely on her wings she has learned to construct. The wings can be shattered with enough force and she can not regenerate them in the middle of a battle.

-Also, due to her reliance on wings, she has kept a slender frame. She is stronger than she looks, but not by an exorbitant amount. She relies on speed, agility and her ranged-attacks for the most part, as a result her physical can be seen as lacking. She attempts to make up for this by supreme agility and maneuvering.​

| APPLICATIONS: |
    -Pocket Flashes ranging from sparklers to flash grenade level.

-Hard Light constructs: Walls for defensive purposes. Domes for complete defensive purposes. Beams of slight concussive force. Orbs of light that she is able to control and maneuver around her body.

-Hard Light Wings: A pair of wings she "grows" on her back. After studying aerodynamic designs and memorizing them to the smallest detail, she rests on it as her default construct for the wings. Creating them takes her only 5 seconds now, and she can hold the construct without thinking about it.

-Flight: Using the Hard Light Wings and light waves in the air, she is able to fly at up to 70 miles per hour with surprising agility to show for it.

-Aura: Ericka can envelope her body in an aura of light. This aura serves as a small barrier making her slightly more durable. It's able to repel dirt, water and wind easily. She's unable to use this simultaneously with any attack though. She has been known to reflect light, rendering her invisible to the naked eye.​
  • | HISTORY |

From an early age, Erika was honed and taught to be the best that she could. Second place was a spot reserved for the man who didn't have the gall to push himself the extra mile and third place was for the degenerate not worthy of being mentioned. Her father and his father before him had both been of the military stock, real meat and potatoes type men.

The first child of Colonel and Mrs. Vostrum, Erika was pushed to be all that she could be in her father's eyes, even if she was only a woman. For the naturally intelligent and competitive Erika, that was fine by her, it simply gave her an excuse to test her mettle against any and every person she came across. She became the most alive when competing with others, even her father. Her laughs more vibrant, eyes dancing and even more color in her skin. The essence of a challenge in any form brought joy to her. At 6, everything changed the moment her younger brother came in to the world.

The moment her younger brother, Alan, came along, her father's attention turned from her completely. From spot light to back burner, the switch left Erika hungry for the attention she didn't realize she had learned to crave. Her efforts in being the best now stemmed from overshadowing her brother instead of the pure love of competition. Anything they did, growing up, centered around proving her worth to the father who seemed to have lost all concern for her.

Her efforts were futile and eventually, the thing that gave her the most life began to deaden her inside. Unable to garner attention from her father but unwilling to back down from a challenge or striving to be better, Erika began to go through the motions of all obstacles the met, but with a piece missing from her. And emptiness that shifted in to a coldness. During this time, her abilities started to manifest. By the age of 11, Erika had become accustomed to the presence of her powers, but tried desperately to hide them. She couldn't risk another facet of disappointment in her father's eyes.

Of course, she was soon discovered and from that point on, her father refused to acknowledge that he had given birth to such a catastrophe.

Disowned in every way short of physically removing her from the house, Erika found solace nowhere, until the PRCU reached out to her. Initially, she had resisted, unsure of labeling herself as more of an oddity and drawing more attention to her...affliction. But, the hidden longing to be around others who wouldn't see her as a failure soon overwhelmed her and Erika found herself on the next flight to Canada. Canada seemed to be the only place she could go and be vaguely accepted and the PRCU seemed to house some interest in her. Finally, someone didn't want to throw off her like garbage. Her father never pursued her, which was no shock to her, but it still hurt and for a time, she considered going back and enacting a type of vengeance that she still had yet to decide on.

It's been almost four years since then and Ericka hasn't looked back. Cutting all ties with her family came more easily than she expected it to, though the Academy's counselor has urged her to fully resolve her issues.

The application of her powers and ingenuity made her a SHIFT candidate early on, but her behavior in her early stages almost disqualified her. During her first month she picked a fight with a third year who thought it'd be a good idea to contort a gust of wind to blow her papers from her hands and broke his wrist. When asked to apologize, her only response was "Next time, don't be so weak." At the end of the first semester, she was found by a staff member holding another girl by the throat against the wall. Luckily, that time it was clear to see the other girl had instigated the scuffle, but Erika had finished it rather abruptly. The staff then began to notice that she never acted out of malice only reacted out of retaliation. Unfortunately for her opponents, when Erika retaliated, she made sure the issue would never arise again.

Her exemplary performance in academics and surprising ability to work with a team has kept her in the academy but she's been warned more times than most students about her behavior. She realizes that much of her actions are only masking problems she doesn't want to deal with, but she could care less. In her eyes, she has nothing to reach out for, nothing to apologize for. And most assuredly, nothing to regret or lament. She knows her father and is well aware that in his eyes, she's nothing but a failure that he's washed his hands of.

For a while, she tunnel visioned herself in to becoming a stellar student and team member, redirecting any and all frustrations to missions and A.R.C. But now, she's actually starting to feel like a member of something greater, she's starting to feel connected to not only the school, but her team. Expressing this is difficult, but Erika is making strides at it.

• The rain pelted at her face with a vicious intensity as she neared her target. Eyes narrowed and brow furrowed, Ericka squared her shoulders more mid-flight and flexed her fingers, closing in on her target. A ball of fire came at her from the vague darkness intensified by the murky weather. Without pausing, she twisted her body and avoided the flame. Before she had time to adjust her self to a level position, another flame shot at her, closely followed by a third and a fourth. She weaved past the first one, lifting her right wing to tilt her body to the left, feeling the heat as it passed. The final flame seemed inevitably trained on her as she stopped mid-flight and brought her hands up. A wall appeared, meeting the flame head-on and absorbing it.

The wind howled deafeningly in her ears as she dive-bombed, launching orbs at the figure below. He lurched to the side and dodged each volley with ease, smiling at her as she neared. She let out a roar of fury and created a ball in her hand that came up to meet his ball of flame. The two collided, her face looking down on his, teeth gritted and hair matted. She could feel her biceps protesting, but she held out, bringing her other hand up and firing a small flash of light. The light caused him to lose his focus for a moment. She pushed down, connecting her fist with his cheek ant tackled him. Wrapping her arms around his chest, she met the ground and found herself tangled in a mess of limbs before a burst of flame hit her in the chest, launching her back and in to the nearest building.

Ericka stood up amid the debris and wiped the sweaty dirty from her face. Her face betrayed no hint of fatigue, though she felt it thoroughly.

She would kill this man.​

• As cliche as it may seem, Ericka spend a solid portion of her free-time in the A.R.C. Her main focus is perfecting her light abilities but she's been seen in martial arts practices with students. Her time as a Colonel's daughter taught her a few things that she's only expanded on.
    • Since the catastrophes of her first year, Erika has leveled out significantly. She doesn't retaliate with unchecked fervor in an altercation, but she does make sure she defends herself. And, she's proud to note that she's only been in two other fights in the following years since then.
    • For the most part, she stays quiet. She doesn't brood or anything of the sort, but observes, though she can speak up if need be. Around her team, she is more verbal.
    • Erika is in a constant battle with herself and feeling inadequate in some form or another. Over the years, she's gotten better about it, but hasn't fully squashed feeling of feeling sub-par, hence why she always seems determined to do more and give more.

• | Kendall, Victoria | Neutral | Acquaintance |

I tolerate her. When I talk to her I feel like I'm talking to someone with their own thoughts and ideas, not things they parroted from their latest Google search or Facebook article share, so that's nice. And, her power is simple, but she can be creative with it. But, she relies on the 'pretty and spunky' thing in my eyes, a bit too much without as much to back it up. These guys ogle her and I'm not really sure why they do it to such an extent. I think she should worry more about her training and less about how edgy she can look on a given day. But, she's not incompetent by any means and if we were ever trapped, I know she could think of a way to get us all out.

| Knight, David | Positive | Friend, Crush? |

Out of most of the students, Knight's one of the ones I like the most. His power is interesting, but past that...he's interesting. I've had various talks with him and I've been able to pick up that retention is tough on him, but he doesn't whine about it. It's not a crutch for him and I always see him trying to better himself. He's one of the best fighters here, but I don't see him being overly arrogant about it. He's a level individual. He shows a lot of control too and I can only imagine what it must be like having to tread so lightly. He doesn't seem to care about how I come off, he's a good friend. He doesn't seem to be intimidated by me or judging my past. For some reason, he can be a goofball and it doesn't irritate me. I don't know...he's refreshing.

| Ripole, Minavita | Neutral | Acquaintance |

Ripole is an interesting one. I could probably stand to be more like her. She's smart and not arrogant. I don't know, I like her but I couldn't tell you too much about her. She isn't an open book. Her abilities are definitely worth note. Other's are freaked out by them, but I think the essence of the transformation is astonishing and she also seems to care about her creations which gives her a connection to them, something to be respected. They aren't just play things. Her intuition is also something to be commended. Although, there's something to be said for the way she regards others. I get the sense that all of my actions are constantly under scrutiny when it comes to her, and I'm not fond of that.

| Roth, Aiden | Positive | Acquaintance-Friend |

Roth is cool. To be honest, he reminds me of a dog, how he is willing to make friends with everyone. I commend him on that. We don't connect the best, but there's no tension between us. I get the feeling that he's not being fully genuine with me when we talk, like he's afraid of me or something to that effect. I just wish he'd get a grip on himself when it came to Victoria. Really, it's not that big of a deal. He has an ability to inspire people that, if he would just channel, he could lead the movement for Hypes. He just needs to get his head out of his dick and be more punctual. In a fight though, I can follow his commands easily. He'll see the potential in someone before they can.

| Naaktgeboren, Emma | Positive | Friend |

Actually, let me back track on my previous statement, Naaktgeboren is like a dog, more a puppy. She comes off as ditsy and at times, might be, but she's got a good head on her. She's sweet and innocent and I've never really seen her wrong someone that I can recall. I'm kind of jealous, if I'm being honest. Such a good soul, and she's genuine. Out of all the girls, I get along the best with her. She doesn't seem ready to bolt or condemn me when I talk to her.

| Welles, Hunter | Neutral, Bad | Team-member |

The new guy. To be blunt, I don't get along well with him. I can tell he doesn't like me and the way he's looked at me, I might as well have been Bundy asking him for drinks. I could care less and I won't apologize for any of my thoughts. They're my own and are only meant to be as such, if he's heard things he doesn't like, oh well. His entire cliche "I don't want to use my powers" is bullshit. It's like fearing death here, you just can't. Embrace it and learn to control it. He thinks he's special and he's not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. :3

She's certainly teaching me that guys like confidence. Will try applying that in real life...

Status
Not open for further replies.