Overture - Open to New Players!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason I don't reply is because no one really interacts with my character in a way that forces a response. And when I do respond, the character that replies to me is instantly distracted by another event. At least that's how it feels most times.

Alright so, I have been busy all weekend... please don't count me out... I don't think we should worry about quick replies just quality/constancy.

I suggest that we meta-game a little bit and split the PCs up into two groups. Perhaps the slow posters in one and the quick ones in another? Or perhaps the different pc morality? etc.

I feel like the RP needs either a very clean, in-depth, realistic character discussion or a conflicting encounter with npcs.

Reactions: AAB
This weekend has been eventful. If you'd prefer to split up the groups it's possible, but it's up to you guys. Things have been getting kinda wacky ever since we hit the forest.

I propose that we split up into the following:

Group 1) Wolf, Naomi, Umbra, Kaida, Perseus, Teran**

Group 2) Karren, Isabel, Alexander, Rorian, old merchnat

(**I can't really figure out where to put Teran, though I guess Eternal will end up posting for both groups?)

I think that morality alignments and personal goals wouldn't conflict too badly if we split it up like that. I think having two groups would not only world-build better/faster, but will also add more plot to the over-all story arc. Plus it is a lot easier to manage posting for four other PCs than ten, which equals faster plot progress.

What do yall think? Am I thinking correct here?

EDIT:

Forgot to say...

EXCELLENT ARTWORK AAB! And Cool stuff on the first page eternal fire! Love to see that stuff :)

Splitting up would derail the story of one groups quest. If the quick group rushed ahead and does everything what the hell would i have made a character for? To just follow the quick group? I suggest we made a posting order and if someone misses there post time with no warning over 3 days, we skip them and go to the next person.

• Love
Reactions: Eternalfire61
I absolutely agree, it'd be easier for me and you guys.

Any particular choices toward the order of which this is going to be set?

How about it goes from teran, to the next person who joined, and in that order

I'd prefer to be last, or first in either case, but yeah here is the roster.

Teran
Wolf
Isabel
Naomi/Rorian
Willie
Karren/Kaida
Alexander
Perseus
Umbra

Any objections?

I didn't set up the groups based on speed, I set it up based on morality (you know so that our characters dont erupt in violence so soon)... I think we can be creative enough to come up with two objectives so that every character feels like they did something. All the DM has to do is put more obstacles in the "quicker group" to make sure that they end at the same time. The only downside to this method is a lot more work on the DM...maybe two dms?

maybe im tripping balls here, but I never did an RP with twelve PCs and it seems so messy to me @_@

Also in objection, maybe the people with two characters should post twice in a cycle instead of two characters in one post... might be godmodding?

I'm against having a designated post order. If one person mysteriously vanishes, we could grind to a standstill. Also, if a few characters are talking while others are setting up camp, the ones talking should get in more posts because talking takes less time than setting up camp does.

I didn't set up the groups based on speed, I set it up based on morality (you know so that our characters dont erupt in violence so soon)... I think we can be creative enough to come up with two objectives so that every character feels like they did something. All the DM has to do is put more obstacles in the "quicker group" to make sure that they end at the same time. The only downside to this method is a lot more work on the DM...maybe two dms?

maybe im tripping balls here, but I never did an RP with twelve PCs and it seems so messy to me @_@

Also in objection, maybe the people with two characters should post twice in a cycle instead of two characters in one post... might be godmodding?

I think that would be better, yes.

I'm against having a designated post order. If one person mysteriously vanishes, we could grind to a standstill. Also, if a few characters are talking while others are setting up camp, the ones talking should get in more posts because talking takes less time than setting up camp does.

I will quote somebody else to reply to this.
Splitting up would derail the story of one groups quest. If the quick group rushed ahead and does everything what the hell would i have made a character for? To just follow the quick group? I suggest we made a posting order and if someone misses there post time with no warning over 3 days, we skip them and go to the next person.

I'm game for just about anything, really.

I'm game for just about anything, really.

In the end, I am down for whatever as well! Just throwing out what's on my mind.

Anyways, I stared at the last 5 posts or so and decided that this must be a really enchanted forest :P since the seemingly strong teran is crying ... Let wolf having a paranoia trip then, screw it!!!! hahahah

Please don't deusx this please please please :D :D

are we going now by the reply/post rooster or not? o.o because I feel the fire to reply :3

edit:
I will deusx it if you try to kill her >_>

Hey hey, I personally am not trying to kill anyone in the group.... though wolf might pop off...my characters have a mind of there own... if we do try to fight though I say we just throw some blows for a couple posts then have Isabel break it up or something.... nothing wrong with PvP ;)

Reactions: White and AAB
And my characters show lack of interest... These posts don't involve any of them, so they just left.

And my characters show lack of interest... These posts don't involve any of them, so they just left.

You know, I enjoy reading your posts recently. They gift me a smile ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.