Overture - Open to New Players!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone post in the IC recently? Haven't been getting notifications

AAB did not long ago

We've also been waiting on Squee. Hopefully, you kids won't die without him.

so...teran is apparantly not leading the group anymore?

within my head you disappeared from sight and only the torch could be seen in the distance, sorry if that is not true~

within my head you disappeared from sight and only the torch could be seen in the distance, sorry if that is not true~
I think it is true. It's up to Wordsmith whether Isabel catches up with Wolf, who doesn't have a torch.

Well, I mentioned I was thinking about it, so 'ere it is, my possible second character (If it is accepted)

Appearance:
An_oriental_swordswoman_by_aquq001.jpg

Name: Ouchi Kaida
(Note: Family name is first, then the persons name)

Personality:
Kind, Social, does not care about the good or the evil on the world, Loves to kill.

Skills/Traits:
->Noblewoman
(Notes: She was born into a noble's family and as such she has bee taught the customs of the noble. In her purse are sums of money and she has enough available at home that she could try to bring in any time. As a woman she has also learned the way of the intruigues)
->Swords(wo)manship
(Notes: As the daughter of a Noble from the eastern Kingdoms she has been taught the way of the sword for the case that there is no male heir; or if all male heirs should die)
->Intelligence
(Notes: She is quite smart and was taught how to read, write documents in the measures of political business.)

Back Story:
Kaida was born into the same family Karren was raised in. Karren has near to no memories of her, they barely ever met. Kaida was raised to be the family's heir. She learned the swordsmanship from her father, how to be a Lady from her mother and was versed in eastern literature and the eastern art of war.

They never found a single track of the abducted child.
With 19, Kaida was married to another nobles family. She received the Ouchis Family's heirloom, the Katana that carries her families name, for the wedding as the gift from her parents.
Her husband's family was not kind to her(Keeping it PG13 ;D) and in rage she massacred her husband and his family. She found immense joy in doing it the way she did(PG13 D:).

Her father, shamed by this dishonourable deed, banished his daughter. She pleaded for mercy but none was to be received.
Kaida remembered her stepsister's disappearance and was determened to find her and to drag her back home, in hope that she will redeem herself.

Relationship:
Karren's Stepsister, Karren just doesnt know this.
Nobles of the eastern Kingdom(Bad Reputation)

PG13~~D:

Last edited:
I wonder how the other character will react to this.

I wonder how the other character will react to this.
Ignorant. I feel that Karren isnt going to like her at all. But that really depends on the approach. I dont think I will have them meet up first. That would be awkward for me.

Hey everyone I don't remember if I mentioned that I only physically sit at my computer to type posts 5-10 hours a week (though often more)... That being said though...today Ill be sitting around basically all day :D, so if yall want to have a little quick discussion with wolf on how to proceed through the forest, we can not only kill some time, but also potentially increase the odds of our characters surviving.

@Mirrei Would you consider making the Ouchi family be either a rival to the Bayonese nobles or allies or somehow connected to the house that Wolf fought for in the past?

Hey everyone I don't remember if I mentioned that I only physically sit at my computer to type posts 5-10 hours a week (though often more)... That being said though...today Ill be sitting around basically all day :D, so if yall want to have a little quick discussion with wolf on how to proceed through the forest, we can not only kill some time, but also potentially increase the odds of our characters surviving.

@Mirrei Would you consider making the Ouchi family be either a rival to the Bayonese nobles or allies or somehow connected to the house that Wolf fought for in the past?

Hmm, did you note it in detail down on your Background on the character sheet? I cannot recall in an instant. I will check that. If it is not or if you think some is missing just write me a PM and give it to me.

If it is written on the background I will drop a PM to give you a look at what I came up with.
I am very very carefully with creating connections between kingdoms and nobles because it is going to affect the lore in some way.

And unless I missed it, or accidantly skipped it, nothing is written or mentioned about the eastern kingdom.

Edit: Nope, can't find the details anywhere about the eastern Kingdoms. The only thing said is on a PM with eternalfire /quote

Katana's are fine, but they are from the eastern kingdoms. Your character looks fine. You're accepted so you should post in the IC.

I assume the eastern kingdoms reflect a feudal japan

Last edited:
@Squee @Akuma @Quiet Musician please do post, I would love to see the story progress further. Especially because I am, in all honesty, a bit impatient about bringing in Kaida (Yep she has been approved ^^).

Reactions: UltimaCircuit
I have the feeling that the character that turn to NPCs will die in this forest.

@Quiet Musician replied to me on his profile, saying that he just came back from the hospital btw.
The other two ignored me entirely it seems.

Life comes into play sometimes, but I need this to be active so I may have to start cutting soon.

mhm, I do feel that I may just attempt to continue on. Even if some do not reply.
Well, I will do that now.

For Kaida that is i will now.

I need some RP once in a while to leave reality for a bit ^^"

Not to be a jerk btw.

If my english is bad, do tell me. It normally isnt utterly terrible. Sometimes I just have days where it just does not want to work well.

Btw, this is what I thought of about wolfs suggestion to create a relation between the ouchi and the eastern kingdoms and the bayonesse

Yes I like unique names for conversations because that makes it easier to organize them in the head.

If I saw it right in theory your background is not related to the eastern kingdoms.

Regardless, in feudal Japanese the families would serve under a "clan" which is the leading family.

I could have the ouchi family/clan have visited the Bayon as ambassadors to keep peaceful relations to the eastern kingdoms up. If i calculated right your character has been jailed with the age of 16/17/18, which means about 10 years ago which would make her 11/12/13.

Still there is no exact detail to how old your character was when he got captured.
I would reduce the time passed then to 9 which makes Kaida 12 so in rememberable time for you and her. And she came along with her family.

As an ambassador I can picture the eastern kingdoms trying to maintain peace which would make them neither a direct ally nor an enemy :

As a twist I could say that Karren was kidnapped while the Ouchi were out on business in the Bayonese which would make them an accusable faction for the deed.

Ok, sorry for the stupidly long delay. Work has been riding my ass and when I'm finally home, I'm resting, but I get a day off tomorrow, I know it's been a bit long, but I'll have time tomorrow. Thanks for the wait.

It's understandable, this week has been rather slow. I've been sick too and there has been plenty of make up work that I have had to do.

so confused, were is everyone, i got lost as someone went into the woods and others took off on horse? who is the lead of the group

Status
Not open for further replies.