OVERKILL: FIRST STRIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can lift a half ton out of our armor. We're IN our armor. They don't really stand a chance.

One on one? No. An entire base against a few? Maybe.

P.S.: "half" hehe

But you've said it yourself. Our armor is just cybernetics. If someone manages to deactivate those cybernetics, we can't get out of our armor, and the armor is supposedly heavy enough that it could put a Juggernaut at a disadvantage. A single EMP, and we're belly up.

Well, stronger Juggernauts like Magnus could probably be alright, and he uses the absolute heaviest armor. Scarlet uses the second heaviest, but she's weak compared to the others. She'd be absolutely screwed. Jack, Daniel, Carlos, they probably couldn't lift their much lighter power armor anyhow. Daniel might be able to trudge along, but he'd be slower than dirt and would faint from exhaustion in minutes. Cyrus uses lighter armor - I'd say it was a Hardsuit. He's a Sniper, so it makes sense. The worst that could happen to him is that his UI might screw up. He'd be fine, other than the screwy eyesight from the UI malfunction.

Exactly. The majority would be screwed, and however skilled, Cyrus would eventually get hunted down by the enemy. The only other thing it would take to kill the rest is a good grenade placed in front of us.

Not if people play it smart. In the case of an EMP, Cyrus could find an alternative hiding spot, Magnus could get out of his Power Armor and help the others out, from there, they have to work like regular soldiers. They ARE trained for a cornucopia of comsits, and this is also why Scarlet likes to exercise when she's not pursuing a hobby or on a mission - so that she can handle combat outside of her armor.

Ah, but when the suit is shut down, how do they move to get out of it? And say we were able to. Now we're vulnerable to gunfire and knives, and we can't go Neo and dodge bullets in bullet time. What then? Even a hulk like Magnus can only survive FMJs or Hollow Points for so long.

And in that case, we rely on superior capabilities. Our damage thresholds may be only slightly greater than the enemy's out of our armor, but we're still a vastly greater force to be reckoned with. And, like I said, V, Magnus could help the others out. If that means forcibly tearing out the back of the suit, so be it, the Engineer can repair them. As long as someone is active, anybody who's alive will be fine.

Alright, assuming we're ninjas, what if the enemy has a helicopter? Support would tear us all to shreds. And if is an EMP, and everyone is inconveniently clustered together, the EMP gets all of us, and so the engie can't help. Carlos and Jerry seem like some up close and personal engineers, so they'd definitely be on the front lines, and definitely would get hit.

EMPs have no effect on you physically. All it would do is shut down your gadgets, not your body. You have no cybernetics, it's all genetic engineering. Your muscle power, agility, reflexes, etc.

Your body is physically strong enough to lift your armor, otherwise it'd crush you in an instant. EMPs merely disrupt it's functions--radar, shields, vision modes.

Last edited by a moderator:
If a helicopter came, Cyrus would shoot the pilot, and we would win.

Duh.
And say he cant use his rifle. He can still go rambo with his revolver and detach the knife. Done

While that is true, we are still soldiers. Bred for war, yes, but we are nearly invincible--emphasis on NEARLY.

If pressed under enough fire, any of us can succumb to death.

I thought that the purpose of Power Armor being powered was that it mostly held itself up

Also, V, I didn't know you thought we were cybernetically enhanced - in case Roku didn't shove the fact into the open enough, we are NOT cybernetically enhanced (unless specifically stated in a character's bio, along with a suitable reason), we're heavily genetically engineered individuals bred for war and teamwork. Some of us like Jack may not like our allies or our makers, but our crew is tight-knit, simply because we have to be. Relations between any two Juggernauts is a cold friendship at worst (grudges, conflicting ideologies, etc all come to play, but when two people rely on each other for survival, if you're not friends, you're both dead)

So, all this considered, an EMP screws with the armor, Magnus and Hardsuit users extract the weaker Juggernauts, they fight it out like regular soldiers, trying to dodge every bullet if they have to, or take cover.

But again, Roku, I thought the entire point of Power Armor being powered was that it mostly held itself up - motion rotors in the joints and stuff to assist movement, which is why power armor requires training and why Scarlet can't jump.

Last edited:
Well, either way, Scarlet uses the second heaviest armor despite being the physically weakest Juggernaut, so it still stands to reason she would have to use rotary mechanics in the joints of her armor in order to use it.

And just so it's clear - we are not cybernetically enhanced, unless specifically stated in the character bio, and the enemy CAN be, but is not always.

By the way, no current Juggernauts are cybernetically enhanced.

Yeah, Scarlet's going to need some help if she gets too cocky.

Daniel's scrambling to get a hold on his out-or-control squad. You'll get support soon enough.

I said "if", honey, don't get your socks in a bundle.

And so far, Jack's the only one to run off. I'm sure if the squad maintains radio contact, Scarlet can get him to come back by spitting a couple coordinates. I mean, they held hands on the dropship, come on.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.