Out of Greed {w/ potassiumboron}

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumah frowned at him and told him with the same ease of calmness, "Asher, that's not what I was trying to do. I'm sorry it seemed that way, but I wasn't meaning to make it seem like it's about my family rather than Kyon. The only reason I went off about her was because you doubted what I said about her and I explained my take on it. So my apologies that it's..all about our family with our lot. There's always something that I can relate back to what you say. I'm never trying to like, one up yours or something. I swear to you that." She looked back to see Aurora coming into the room and shook her head at his apology.

She'd noticed the way he'd grown irritated and recognized the pattern of it, and with Kyon and then her niece around, it was best to keep him from getting worse. The dark haired angel smiled slightly at him, telling him, "Don't apologize. You made a point and I can see what you mean by what you said and you're right that we can sound like we're making it about us instead, not on purpose. I'm sorry." His words had more of an effect on Charlie, who'd kept silent, recalling the past day. He hadn't mean to make it about himself or his family, he really didn't. But he ended up making it sound like so, didn't he? He felt bad at doing so, even if Asher had only said that out of irritability and decided to just to start biting his tongue and didn't want to do that to him.

He kept a small smile though on his lips despite his internal turmoil and distracted himself with looking over to his niece. Aurora still kept a hold of Beckett's hand even after they entered the more, broadly smiling after seeing the puppies and told him, "I'm sorry for calling you a naughty w-word, I take it back." She looked around the room only to have her smile falter into a pout, asking Dumah, "Where's Mommy?" "She had some work to do and had to go. I'll bring you back to her after breakfast, yeah?" The little girl would nod, smiling a little more at the mentioning of breakfast, "Okay, auntie." She didn't really understand why they were having breakfast with people she didn't really know at all besides Tate, but since on them showed her his puppies, she seemed them nice in her head.

"Look, let me just stop you there: I really don't care for apologies, because this conversation never happened. It's just me being irritable, and I don't mean it, so let's just skim over it like it didn't happen, yeah?" Asher hurriedly said, sitting and placing Kyon down beside him in the chair plumped with pillows, assuming that was for Kyon just so he could sit at the table and eat his chopped food whilst seeing everyone - he was too short to sit without the pillows, anyway.

Once spotting Beckett, and the smile across his face, he did start to grow just a little... well, confused. He had never seen Beckett smile unless he was beating up someone, not rare when he was a self-confessed sadist of sorts, but here he was, happily ushering Aurora to take a seat at the grand table and making sure he sat beside her. He didn't for one minute doubt him liking her, and liking kids, but he did sort of have the feeling that he did want to please someone else too. "Hey, hon," he murmured quietly to Charlie at his side, letting the pet names just slip out now Charlie had done so earlier. "...Beckett complimented Anael earlier, didn't he? About her mothering?" He said, just to clarify that for himself, finally breaking a small sigh in what he thought was reaching the obvious answer. "He so fancies her. I don't want all my brothers fancying your sisters, it'd make things so complicated, but he does. I mean, he would never compliment anyone, seriously. But he just has to do that with the girl Ajax slept and had a child with. Typical drama between our families, once again."​

Chuckling softly at that, she wouldn't respond to him in return after he would say that and took a seat right next to her lover as Charlie did find himself tailing after Asher to sit down right next to him. Dumah had been the first to notice that Beckett was still ushering and helping her niece around and rose an eyebrow whenever he took a seat right next to her without any complaints at all. There had to be an ulterior motive other than the fact he likes kids, there just had to be one.

Aurora was obliviously happy as she'd take a seat, barely able to put her arms on the table as it was to reach for things, so she would neatly take off her shoes to not get the chair dirty somehow so she could sit on her knees comfortably to be able to move around a little more easier. She'd look back at Beckett with a grin and giggle softly before beginning to play around with her pigtail braids distractedly.

Charlie had picked up on the pet name and smiled slightly at that before focusing on listening to him and raising an eyebrow to his statement before he'd think about it, his lips pursing into a line as he'd look over to the two before back to the dark haired male and found himself wanting to laugh a bit and quietly he spoke, "How..does this even happen? I hope not all your brothers end up fancying someone in my family, oh lord. I..seeing that this will happen either way, I'm just..out of all of them, it just had to be Ana. Of course."

"They won't, trust me. I just... didn't see this coming. Mind you, I didn't see Tate ever liking someone, but then again, Dumah's not like most girls," he said softly, not that there was anything wrong with that. He had already made his feelings toward her known, in that he did genuinely like her. "Zephyr doesn't date really, he's always busy; Beau has a girlfriend apparently, some hippie girl, and Ajax... you know Ajax. He could ever date. I can't promise you he won't flirt with your sisters or brothers, but that's just him. He flirts. He flirted with you enough times," he shrugged, though knew Ajax well enough to know he wouldn't have taken it further than innocent flirting.

Well, perhaps he was wrong. He knew Ajax would do anything to get someone he fancied, but Asher knew Charlie wouldn't have gone for it at least. "And Beckett, I just didn't think he liked anyone. He's always been this angry person who... who's killed a few times, but he's never shown kindness to a person really. So I really think he likes Anael," he replied, eyeing Zephyr and Beau as they entered chatting to one another as they usually did, being like twins in the way they were mostly seen with one another. Beau stopped though, grinning wide at Charlie once seeing him. "Hey, you're back! Long time, no see. You're looking good," he beamed, sitting directly opposite in his usually cheerful mood. "Are you back dating my little brother~?"​

"True, true, and yeah..most of my siblings don't fall for innocent flirtation, thankfully. Not counting Ana, of course." He smiled slightly and shrugged before Dumah would cut into their conversation with a small smirk as she whispered back, obviously having heard them with her sensitive ears, "I think Anael likes him too, or is at least starting to. She never trusts anyone with Aurora alone. Sure, I'm here, but I wasn't always right with her."

She pulled away as Beau and Zephyr would approach the table and Charlie would grin at the sight of the familiar male, happy that he would sit right across from him, "Hi! Yeah, it's been a long time, huh? And thank you." He beamed in return shyly before glancing over to Asher and he would shake his head in response, "Oh no, we're not dating. Right now we're just friends. We only just saw each other again yesterday, I think it's too early for that kind of thing anyways.."

Silently sighing at the sound that Anael could possibly like Beckett back, Asher did have to take a minute out from even acknowledging his brothers just to take in what that meant. If Ajax ever wanted to even be a part of his daughter's life, it was highly possible that Beckett would be there if he and Anael did date one day in the future, and that would only cause trouble. He had to be thankful that Beau and Zephyr at least hadn't become romantically involved with anyone from Charlie's family.

It was until that Beau began to speak that he finally seemed to get his mind off the topic - even if he couldn't help but to glance towards Beckett occasionally to see him talking happily to both Aurora, and Kyon even if the boy sat beside him couldn't really (or simply refused to) respond. "Ah, you're not dating, sorry," Beau sighed, feeling he had just assumed because he did want them back together. "Oh well, it's nice to see you, anyway~!"​

Both of the siblings had similar thoughts running through their minds, and while Charlie shared the same views as Asher, also glad about that fact there was no other romance between another set of their siblings. But Dumah..she was more than amused by the entire situation at hand and was interested to see just how this would be play out. Not saying this outloud and didn't plan to either, she wondered who'd be victorious. She bet her imaginary money on Beckett. Props to Ajax though if he actually did take the chance and get Ana to believe that he would be there for her daughter, at the least.

Charlie would look over to them too and smile, Aurora chatting along with Beckett all while entertaining Kyon to the best of her abilities, making silly faces towards him. "It's okay, no..I," He looked over to Asher once more for a second before telling him, "I do still have feelings for him, yeah, so dating isn't exactly out of the picture. Just for now, however long that it is..we'll just have to see." He shrugged sheepishly before playing with his earrings absentmindedly and grinned, "It's really good to see you too."

"Same for me. You guys know I'll always like him, so why you're even asking is beyond me," he sighed, knowing Beau could read him like an open book, and as such, knew Asher had always had feelings for Charlie, though knowing Beau, he was probably just being polite and making conversation, and probably trying to get the two to admit it openly in front of everyone to test their seriousness - and by his wide smile, they had probably passed.

"Yeah, I know. Take it slow, just... don't go, like, never getting back together. You guys are sweet," he laughed under his breath, only really quietening himself when his mother trailed in, as happy as she always appeared, and currently donning a svelte, graceful dress. it may be no special occasion, but she was never seen without a dress, heels, hair done and her makeup on. Upon seeing Charlie, she happily smiled, motioning for Zephyr to fetch the rest of the plates. "Tate said you were here, it's so nice to see you for breakfast-- did Asher stay with you last night?" She asked quickly, lips pursed at the sight of her son. She had no idea where he had been for the night, after all. "...We worried he was at some horrid little drug dealer's place or something."​

"If we don't get back together this time, we'll end up finding each other again somehow, I'm sure. And if not, you have my permission to smack us for being dolts." Charlie grinned at him before quieting down as well to watch their mother enter the room all dolled up as if it was natural for her to be in such a pretty state. "It's nice to see you too, Ma'am. And yes, he stayed the night with me last night. No drug dealers, he told me he came straight to me. And he didn't leave at any point." He'd say that confidently, since, well, he had been awake most of the time anyways.

A shy voice broke the brief silence and the siblings looked to their niece, who would say in awe, "Y-you're pretty.." Dumah smiled broadly at her before looking to the older woman, "I don't think you've met her before but..Florence, meet our niece, Aurora." She wasn't too sure about being the one to tell her what else she was, but then again, she was going to see it sooner or later. It was easy to realize. The little girl would try to hide behind the table since her mother wasn't there to hide behind and when that failed, she would wave, her cheeks rosy.

"Aurora? Oh, aren't you precious?" The succubus hummed, placing the orange juice down before heading over to see the little girl, children being something she was a natural with. Pecking Kyon's cheek as she went, given he was sat beside the other child, before letting her eyes fall on the girl again. In truth, it did take her all of a few seconds to realise the truth, blinking a few times before peering over at Dumah. "...Is she... you know... Ajax's?" She asked, her voice losing its cheerfulness a moment in understandable shock. "She... She's got his eyes, and... does he know?"

"He knows. Just doesn't care, apparently." Beckett mumbled, his expression stony in evident disgust, only really relaxing at Aurora's cute display, and Kyon absently cuddling into his side with one of his usual yawns. "Look, he's a basic shit Dad, and he doesn't wanna prove himself, so can we just forget it, Mom?" He sighed, a little short tempered over it - in his view, Ajax was an idiot for refusing the chance, and talking about him wasn't going to be his favourite conversation topic. "She's happy enough, and... I doubt Anael would stop us seeing her if she's part of our family too."​

As she was proven right with Florence's apparent shock, she nodded in response to her questions and sighed softly. While she had planned on responding to her, it took her by surprise when Beckett was of course the one to explain things to her. Aurora pouted in confusion, flinching slightly at his tone that he would speak in and grumbily mumbled, "You guys need a swear jar.."

Dumah could only laugh, finding hilarity in the fact that she wasn't paying attention to what was being said and more focused on the swears she would hear. Oh well, it was much better than her being upset and distressed over apparently having a father. In her mind, she didn't have one until her mother said so that she did. She would say, "Ana has wanted to tell you guys sooner actually, but Ajax didn't want any part of it so..she wasn't sure if you guys would stand up for him and keep Rory away or..yeah."

Aurora hid further into her chair, not liking anyone's tone of voice at the moment, not sure at all what to do. So Charlie and Dumah both started making faces at her discreetly and effectively made her smile return just a tiny bit to distract her.

"I would only ever support him if it was something he deserves support for. This isn't right, what he's done, and... of course I want to be part of her life, I mean. I don't want to be kept away-- I'd like to meet her at some point, your sister. I think that'd be good," she smiled quietly, moving to pour out a cup of juice for the halfling, and some in a smaller cup for Kyon who simply observed in his usually silent way.

And the moment his mother made that decision, Beckett sat back with a smile, though that quickly left the second Asher arched his eyebrows at him playfully. It was probably obvious that he liked Anael now, Beckett knew his brothers would know that, and frankly, he wasn't that inexperienced with girls. He had had a few girlfriends over the decades, but that didn't mean he had really seen any of them in a way he saw Anael. He had seen her at the wedding, and that was really it, and he knew it was bad to get involved when she had had a child with Ajax... but that wasn't going to stop him, really. He just had to buck it together and not come across soppy. He was the violent brother, the one with the attitude, and he was somewhat scared it wouldn't be attractive, but the complete opposite. "...Is she dating anyone?" He finally blurted towards Dumah, deciding everyone knew already and it was pointless trying to hide his feelings at this point. "Anael, I mean. And what's her type? Like, does she go for guys who have--"

"Murdered people? Does she go for guys who have ended up in prison in Hell? Jeez, imagine being imprisoned in Hell, where all the bad guys go, huh?" Asher trailed off with a teasing grin, only to be nudged in the side by Florence who disapprovingly sighed - it was hypocritical, when Asher himself had been in jail in the human lands, anyway.​

"If you must know, Asher, yes and yes," Dumah would smirk broadly as she looked over to the younger male, "She's been there, done that. I wouldn't put anything past her. And as for her type, Beckett, ah.." She paused for a moment before both the siblings spoke in unison, "Dark haired people." Charlie chuckled before letting her continue, "She's known for liking bad boys and pretty girls.."

The blonde nodded and added, "She's just about seen it all, the only one I think she's actually truly been interested in was this one girl in Italy.." "Ajax.., you can see how that went." "And now.." Dumah looked back at Beckett and smiled slightly, "And now you, apparently." While that had been all that she was going to say of her sister, it seemed that her own daughter had plenty more to say, interrupting shortly after, holding her glass of juice in her hands, "A-and she likes someone who cooks, d-doesn't leave in the mornings..and someone who doesn't dump her over those weird sponge thingys.."

She looked over to her aunt, who took a moment to realize what she was talking about and bit down on her lower lip harshly to keep herself from laughing as she managed out, "Tampons, baby, tampons. Be quiet now before you start spilling out her life story, alright?" Aurora would giggle and she found herself asking, "How do you even know this stuff, for one thing?" "That's a secret~." "The cheek of you, I swear.." Dumah laughed softly before looking over to Florence, "If you would like, I can get Anael to come by to get Aurora so you can meet her?"

Beckett awkwardly smiled at the girl at his side, knowing it was just childhood innocence and children did tend to blurt things out. Well, Kyon didn't have that problem, but he knew from seeing Ajax, Tate and Asher as children that they just blurted the most embarrassing things out with no real hold on themselves. "Well, uh... I'm not a bad boy. I mean, I get protective a lot, and angry and... I swear a lot. I dunno, I wanna ask her out, obviously, but I can't do that to Ajax--"

"Ajax isn't dating her." Florence said quietly, in her element having all her sons at the table, beside Ajax who she knew was out with his latest girlfriend, and Charlie, Dumah and the little girl she knew now was her granddaughter. "From what I gather, he can't have cared for her either," she said, speaking quietly just to make sure Aurora didn't catch what they were saying. "And he may be annoyed if you ask her out, but he doesn't have a right to be, so go for it, hm? I think you must really like her-- and having a girlfriend would help you to calm down," she murmured softly, only peering up again at the other's words. "Oh, I'd love to meet her! Plus it'd be adorable to see Beckett ask her out in front of us--"

"She won't say yes. I can't cook, I'm rubbish, plus I'm too much of a thug," he shrugged self-consciously. Apparently, that sort of behaviour wasn't confined to only Asher. "I dunno, she's a model, Mom. I'm just some criminal who earns the minimum wage working as a mechanic in a garage."​

Rolling her eyes, Dumah told him, "Look, yes, Ana is a model. She's also been an exotic dancer-everyone in our family has been one at some point-," Charlie slid further into his chair when she said that, but while she'd smirk at him, she'd go on, "She's been a waitress, retailer, social worker, a teacher, cashier..my point is, she's been a lot of things and been with all sorts of people. She likes people for their personality. I don't really know where she went with Ajax, but it doesn't hurt to take a chance. You have a chance and it's up to you to take it. She doesn't usually trust anyone with Aurora like that. So, if you like her, you better decide. And I agree with your mom."

She took her phone out of her pocket and bit her tongue before she would show her brother the text, who took it in and hid his smile behind his hand. One part was Anael saying she found the puppies guy hot and the next her saying, 'Fuck me, why do I find his brother hot?? Out of everyone??? Brb questioning what have I done with my life.' While neither were going to quote exactly what she said, Charlie rubbed his neck and nodded, "Yeah..trust me, you've got a chance."

Aurora hummed, still focusing mostly onto her juice and taking a sip, "Y-yeah, you're really nice, my mommy would like you too."

"Hey, if you think I have a chance, then I guess I'll ask your Mom out," he smiled quietly down at the babbling girl, happy to let her pretend it was her words that swung it for him. It played a big part, but it was mostly the accumulation of everyone's words, and especially when Asher stopped teasing to nod his own confidence and persuade the other to ask. He still felt wary about Ajax, because as much of a 'bad boy' Beckett could be, he cared for his family, but apparently, Ajax didn't feel the same when he had abandoned his own daughter.

"So if we're done with that, as heartwarming as it all is, can we get back to the exotic dancers thing?" Asher murmured, ignoring his mother's subtle coughs for him to not go down that path, but one smug smirk towards Charlie would prove her attempts irrelevant. "You never told me that, feathers."​

Aurora set the glass down clap, grinned up at him happily, "Yay!" The onyx haired woman smiled down to her niece before telling Beckett, "Just in case it becomes long term, because she will yes; maybe don't let Ajax know. For a while. Just in case that might end up causing trouble.."

Charlie flushed weakly when Asher brought up the subject of being an exotic dancer and sighed as he told him, "I did tell you, Asher. But you might've been more focused on the, um, bigger picture." His lips were pursed as he didn't want to say just what, rubbing at his neck discreetly before saying, "It's a just a fancier name for..something else." He glanced at his niece to make sure she didn't get what he meant. And she didn't, thankfully.

"It paid well and it was fun. And the clothes were...interesting as well." He smiled softly and shrugged just a little, not getting upset or anything like so.

"I can imagine," he grinned, nudging him lightly, though did sense that the topic wasn't the best to talk about so quietly let it trail out as he reached for more bacon and toast, suddenly feeling a little more ravenous. "Anyway, Charlie, I'm gonna be moving back down here, permanently. Not that i have an option when my parents are forcing me too, but just thought I'd say," he smiled quietly, choosing to once again ignore Florence's input. "But I can come visit you, right? Because we're best buddies again~?"

"You really are unbelievable." Tate grumbled flatly, hunched over his food without so much as a word to anyone else, not even Dumah really as he quietly fiddled with his hands under the table. "I mean... after all you've done, you get to waltz back and everyone loves you again and... if I had done what you did, Dumah wouldn't forgive me this easily."

"But you're not me. You wouldn't hurt Dumah if you were ever in my position," he shrugged, only really just managing not to mention the prospective proposal. "And she would forgive you, because you guys are like soulmates or whatever. Same for Charlie and I, right feathers?"​

He would roll his eyes and tell him, "I still have some, wear them for Halloween. He'd chuckle lightly, grinning at him before cocking his head at him curiously, "Oh, that's a good thing though, even if it's because your parents are forcing you to. Eh..something like that. But yeah, you can come and see me whenever you like. I won't mind it."

At Tate's words, Dumah would look slightly offended by his words and frowned slightly at him, "That's not true. What Asher said. And besides, after what I've done in my lifetime and you do that to me, I will forgive you this easily." Charlie rolled his eyes whenever Asher called him feathers, a light flush on his cheeks, "Why do you keep calling me feathers? I get it, I'm an angel. But..yeah, same for us."

The blonde didn't find himself all that hungry, only taking a sip of his orange juice as he'd watch his niece, who was bobbing her head around and humming a tune quietly, chewing on her buttered toast.

"I highly doubt you'd forgive me being an asshole to you and leaving you at the altar," he mumbled in reply, his eyes fixed on the table with little emotion crossing his face, completely ignoring Asher and Charlie's engaged conversation across the table from him. It didn't seem important, relevant, or even that interesting. "So don't pretend you would just to agree with the golden child."

"Golden child?" Asher suddenly repeated, cutting his conversation short in order to glare across at his brother, though not wanting to create tension when there were two children at the table, one his brother and the other his niece, so it wasn't wise to make them uncomfortable. "Ha ha, hilarious..."

Status
Not open for further replies.