Out of Greed {w/ potassiumboron}

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blonde actually did quickly change into a long sleeved shirt and jeans and got the assistant to pass an important message to his sister to get her to come down with Aurora as soon as possible. Not that she knew every detail, but..should get her down nonetheless. So he'd been standing in the hallway as Asher spoke and decided to stay put where he couldn't see him.

His hand found its way over his mouth as he covered it as he listened to his confession, his eyes widening some. Taking a moment to process it, he sighed softly as he stepped out of the hall to tell him, "I..called her assistant and gave a message. And..thank you for telling me about that. You're right, there are no excuses for what you'd done, whatever the reason for. But at the same time I know that you probably couldn't stop yourself from doing it.

"I'd say you're a different person now, or well, trying to be. That's what matters." Charlie have a weak smile before asking him curiously, "Did you ever apologize to him over it..? I think you should, if not. Somehow, someday. And look, we both had an..awful three years in our own ways. It is what it is." He sighed and shrugged slightly as he still got used to the fact of what he'd done before as he moved to give the kittens their food, doing extremely good about being open about what had happened for Asher. He felt bad for the angel of the receiving end, but truly, he was glad Ash was going to do his best to better himself.

The moment it was proposed he apologise, he immediately withdrew, his breath hitching in clear fear at the idea. It wasn't that he didn't want to apologise. On the contrary, he wanted nothing more than to come to terms with what he did by facing the poor angel and confessing that he was in a pretty dark place at the time, worse than he was now really. He had said sorry to Charlie ad that had helped him a lot, allowed him to face moving on, but he couldn't move on properly without apologising to the angel. But it would just bring demons back from the past and he was too cowardly to deal with it alone, anyway.

"I'll apologise only if you're there with me, how about that?" He challenged, albeit with a quiet smile as he took to his feet. "I'll track him down somehow. Poor kid will probably freak out. He was a high school kid, Charlie. I'm such a jerk, seriously-- but I'll apologise and make it right, I promise," he paused as he took in the feeding of the cats, making sure he kept his distance, before another flash of a frown graced his features. "...I also had a relationship in prison," he blurted, genuinely having blocked that out of his memory, so it wasn't like he was trying not to tell the other. The recollection of talking of prison just brought back the relationship. "With my cellmate. Nothing... sexual. I mean, I had sex, but... ugh, sorry, wait... Right. It was just a three month fling, okay?"​

"All the more reason you need to apologize. You saw what Pierre turned me into. I just hope he managed to move past it better than I had. I mean, he pressed charges for one thing. I never did. So that is pretty good right there, I guess. And of course I'll go with you, that might be best." Charlie smiled softly at his willingness to apologize in order to move on, remembering to do something else in the process.

Walking over to a mirror on the floor next to his door with some jewelry onto it, he continued to listen as he looked for his septum ring. He'd had all of his jewelry, besides the ones on his ears out to give his poor face a break. A tiny one. As he started to put it in his cheek ones after easily slipping in his septum, he froze at Asher's words, staring at him in albeit shock. He didn't expect to hear this.

Whenever he kept rambling, the blonde gestured him to stop, smiling weakly, "It's okay, you don't have to explain yourself for it. We're not in a relationship," His eyebrow rose slightly as he continued to put a second piercing through his other cheek and asked curiously, "How come only three months? Did they or you have to leave or just ended badly or? You don't have to tell me honestly, but I was curious about that." He didn't blame Asher for getting into another relationship and he wasn't going to let the thought bother him. He might still love him, but they weren't in a relationship. Not for a while anyways.

The fact the other was shocked didn't come as a surprise. He knew they weren't dating, but the two had feelings for one another, and they had proclaimed their hope of a relationship again in the future, so the fact he had to open up and admit he had been in a relationship a while ago whilst in prison was hardly the easiest or nicest thing to admit to - but he had to be truthful, it saved him in the long run anyway.

And when it seemed to be a conversation that was continuing onwards, he could hardly complain. The more he got off his chest, the easier things would be between them. He hoped it would be easier if they were truthful, anyway. "I got into the relationship after, like, two weeks. It's quick, but he... was cute and he said I was, and I needed the affection. But three months later, he... got released. He visited me every week, and then when I was released, we planned on meeting up but... yeah. Guess who was too busy getting high instead of meeting him. I fucked that up, and he was a nice enough guy," he sighed, biting on his lip in the memory of his short-lived boyfriend. "...It's in the past, nothing important now."​

Turning around to face him right as he got all of his piercings in with all of their full glory. They changed his facial features significantly, making him seem even more mature than before, still maintaining a sense of innocence all the same. He would say, "I'd say it is..but. Then there's ours. That was only what? A few days?" The angel grinned slightly at his own little joke and chuckled softly, his dimples defined against the body modifications.

"That makes sense. And he was, huh? He sounds like he is, especially if he kept visiting you after he'd gotten released. And oh...that must've been hard for him, if he liked you. It doesn't hurt to try and be friends with him again too, you know. That's just all on you whether or not you'd want to." He shrugged slightly and sighed, "I never tried at all to get into relationships. No point..although, okay. One person. In a weird way? Back when I was..in the crazy place. Although I never left them because they got released..they..died in there. Apparently. And I'm not calling them they because I'm keeping them a secret, but it's what they preferred to go by. But it wasn't sexual at all for me, it was platonic for us. They died due to poor treatment and..that was that. Although I never learned if that was true. There was no proof of death records or anything and..so I just use that to tell myself that they're still alive and didn't die in that shitty place."

He laughed weakly as he'd told them that as he'd remembered that himself only just then and said, "Yeah..um. Should we get going then? If you're ready."

"So basically, this guy might not be dead?" He murmured, sensing the fact that there was ambiguity, and honestly, he did find himself frowning at the thought. He may have confessed to a sexual relationship, and Charlie's was purely platonic, but it still made the demon feel a tad jealous. He wasn't an angel who could see the bigger picture, but he was a temperamental creature, and it did make him a tad annoyed. "...Not like you'll ever see him again, anyway-- oh, yeah, let's just go," he quickly decided, the least time spent dwelling on the confession, the better.

Grabbing his hand with a flashed grin, he did hesitate a moment to take in how nice it was to actually hold his hand like that again, though realised that wasting time thinking about something so small wasn't wise when he wanted to get all this over with. Transporting, he did wearily sigh at remembering the previous night, when he had stormed out after swearing and going mad with everyone - not his best moment, really. "I--"

"So you're back then?" Tate muttered, sitting in the living room just as the two arrived, despite smiling a tad at the sight of Charlie. He was Dumah's brother, after all, and he knew how worried she had been, so to see him was a relief, even if he knew his mother had visited him yesterday. "...Why are you down here? Dumah's not here, I mean... she was, but she went and... I'm confused," he mumbled quietly, scratching at his arm coolly. None of the brothers had really changed as much as Tate had - he was pretty much rocking the alternative style at the moment, though always had been the one out of his brothers to like tattoos and piercings, and to listen to heavy music. His hair itself was currently dyed with blue streaks, though that had been more of Dumah's choice than his own. "Should I go get Mom or...?"​

Crossing his arms, the angel gave him a look, "You weren't the only one who needed affection. I learned to live without it after they died. But yes, they might be be alive or completely dead. If they're alive, it's not like I'm going to end up jumping at the chance of a relationship with them. You and I are a different story." He wasn't at all being cross with him, but just expanding it and trying to show him there was nothing to worry over since he knew just how he could be.

When he took his hand, his grip would tighten some on him, and he found himself smiling slightly as well at the feeling. As he teleported and they were greeted by the sight of Tate, the male smiled slightly at him in return. "Well..Asher wanted me here to one, meet his new little brother and secondly..kind of have an intervention for Ajax and Anael. Mostly Ajax. You'll see why. Dumah should be back any second.."

Charlie had been right for two voices could heard from the hall, "Why the..heck did you make me come and get you? You haven't explained that to me." "I don't know, I got a weird message telling me to call you and tell you to bring me here with Rory. So don't ask m-." His sisters had finally entered the room just then, stopping at the sight of the blonde. Dumah had changed quite a bit as well, new sets of tattoos amongst her body and her hair still dark, but growing longer with odd streaks of white and dark red coming through her ends. Not only that, she just..seemed happier.

Anael didn't surprise him all that much, seeing he'd kept up with her. She'd cut her hair to her shoulders to regrow it for the fun of it. Aurora still had her dark curls and aquamarine eyes, but she was still as shy as ever. Dumah knew the nature of who her father was, never once expressing it outloud. It wasn't any of her business. Their eyes raked up and down his body, and Dumah was the first to break. She'd murmur, "Charlie..?" He gave her a small smile before raising up his arms and gestured for her to come closer.

She didn't dare to refuse, tearing up just a little as she rushed over to him and pulled him into a hug, "I missed you so much..god..please, please don't do that again." He sighed at her words and instead said as he brushed his fingers through her hair, "I missed you too, Dumah.." She took the response despite, noticing just how off he seemed. She only hugged him tighter after he got the chance to hug Anael and coo over Aurora and say hello, and he just let her.

"Yeah, as cute as all this really is and all that, what does my brother have to do with anything?" Tate asked calmly, his expression now set coldly as always -it was his resting face- and it was connoting his clear concern, protectiveness and defence over his big brother. Even if Ajax had done something terrible, it was natural for him to defend him until he learnt the truth of why they were there, his arms folded sternly once seeing Anael - clearly something was going on that involved her and his brother, and for that, he ended up sighing and letting his arms trail back to his sides. "I'm never gonna have an easy life now our families are involved, am I? It's all drama, drama, drama."

"But you love it, so shut it." Asher muttered just as playfully, the brotherly banter something he had missed greatly, and even if Tate was pissed at him after hearing the criminal record and the drug abuse, the older demon couldn't stop himself breaking a grin before composing himself, leaving to go find Ajax somewhere in the family mansion. "So you're Anael?" Asher finally murmured as he peered at the sister he hadn't met - though he hadn't met most of Charlie's family, given he skipped out on the wedding. Charlie had said they would understand and not hate him for it, but it was still a worry that they would. "...I'm Asher. I know about... the kid and... Ajax," he said slowly, biting on his lip awkwardly before managing a small smile at the child. "She's beautiful, you know. I mean, surprising she's Ajax's. She's so quiet, and my brother's a loudmouth, so... she obviously follows her Mom, she's so well behaved..."​

Charlie chirped in, "He has everything to do with it. You'll see, you'll see." The girls only just then got what he was going on about and Ana huffed, pursing her lips for the moment. Dumah pulled away from her brother only then as Tate started to leave the room to find Ajax and stopped him momentarily to pull him down slightly for a kiss, smiling slightly before watching him leave the room.

Only then did Anael speak, saying, "Charlie, seriously? He didn't want anything to do with her, why would he want to now..?" He didn't get a chance to respond when Asher did speak outloud, Ana giving him her full attention. She gave a broad smile, saying, "Asher, huh? It's nice to finally meet you. And I figured you did.." When Asher smiled at Aurora, she hid her face into the crook of her mother's neck, her eyes straying back to look at him every few seconds before looking away.

She chuckled softly at her daughter, looking back to Asher, "Thank you..and oh no. She's well-behaved and a sweetheart, but she reminds me of him. Not loudmouthed per say, but she's getting there. She's just incredibly shy around people she's not used to seeing. Rory, won't you say hello..?" The little girl obliged hesitantly and waved her hand as she would speak quietly, "Hi.." Ana rolled her eyes, "She gets like this, but whenever we're home alone, she's..trust me. She takes after him plenty too."

"She is cute, though. I can't believe she's... his," he said quietly, seeing the girl in the flesh making it seem a hell of a lot more real, and that he did definitely had a niece, and his brother was actually a father. Not that he apparently wanted to be, if his actions over the last three years spoke for anything - or lack of actions, really. "Don't expect miracles, but... I know my parents would love to be involved," he said with another smile, clearly far fro how he had always told Charlie he would be. He always reminded him of the angel, demon distinction, that they were enemies and that he couldn't help but hate his family - yet here he was, being the voice of maturity and kindness with her. "And some of my brothers would love to be uncles. I would, and Zephyr, and Beau... Tate too. And I guess Kyon is technically an uncle too, even if he's younger than her," he grinned, again missing out on Beckett, the brother that constantly was overlooked and left out, but with pretty good reason most the time given his violence and self-proclaimed sadism.

Before he could continue, though, said brother entered with a tired sigh, only pausing at the sight of Charlie and Anael, who he vaguely remembered from the wedding three years ago. He was used to seeing Dumah around, thanks to her and Tate's relationship, but that didn't mean he really talked to her. He was the only one who refused to do so, but it was nothing to do with her being an angel. He generally hated people. "...What the fuck are you all doing here? Is this a party?"

"Beckett, don't, there's a kid--"

"I can see the fucking child, Asher," he grunted bitterly, his eyes flashing venomously towards the girl. "Lemme guess. Ajax's kid? Eyes give it away. So he reproduced? Ugh, god, typical."​

"I haven't been expecting miracles for the last five years, trust me. I just wanted him to know that he had a kid. That was that. I can take care of my daughter just fine. But if your family wants to be involved, that's fine. It was bound to happen nonetheless. Unless you wanted to keep her away. Either way would be fine. I just want her to be happy either way." She shrugged and gave a small smile for she appreciated how kind he was being about this, mostly focused on her daughter more than anything.

Charlie was also pleasantly surprised with how he was handling things, a smile growing on his lips over it. Aurora was the first one to react to Beckett coming into the room and had swore, and she squinted at him in return and didn't shy away from looking at him, "Mommy, he's rude. He swore..doesn't that mean he has to put two dollars in the swear jar?"

Ana shushed her quietly, telling her, "No, baby, he doesn't." "Then why is it bad when I swear?" "Because your aunt is a horrible role model and you're too young to be swearing at your dolls or anyone being..'rude'." "But.." She whined softly, "They deserve it." The dark haired mother couldn't exactly disagree on that, but she put her foot down on the spot, "Aurora, you're not allowed to curse anyone out. Not until you're older."

The little girl whined once more and Dumah grinned as she saw a spark of mischievous ignite in the little one as she blurted out towards Beckett and took a jab at him, "No one likes assholes." "Aurora!" While Charlie watched his niece in shock and Dumah couldn't help but to start laughing at the display, and Rory smiled all pleased with herself until her mother forced a juice box in to her mouth, but still didn't seem all that sorry. Ana looked over to Asher and told him with a huff, "She doesn't get this part of her personality from me." While sure, she was still being pretty shy, but just..some things brought out the..worst parts of her.

The dark haired girl pulled it away from her lips and mumbled out sheepishly, "I'm sorry, mommy. That was mean of me and I won't do it again. I'll put a dollar in the swear jar." "Sure you won't, baby."

The reaction from Beckett and Asher couldn't really be more different. Asher wasn't entirely smiley at the sound of her swearing, or the fact she seemed to swear a lot if she had a swear jar, so knowing that the sweet thing did have the demon side to her was something he did sigh at. She followed Ajax a little, and the fact he wasn't around to see that in the girl did only make Asher realise how shitty a father Ajax had been, to have missed out on the baby years.

Meanwhile, Beckett had a completely different reaction. He didn't think about Ajax and how he wasn't witnessing the mischief in the girl that was one of the basic traits of a demon, or how he had missed out on bonding with her, but instead, his reaction was surprisingly more like Dumah's. The notorious angry brother found himself grinning wide at the display, especially when she had pointed him out, and silently folded his arms with a teasing smile. "Oh, I am, am I? Then if I'm an as-- that naughty word, I guess you don't wanna come see my pet dog? She just had puppies, actually."

"...Since when did you like kids?" Asher muttered, his eyebrow arching in clear confusion at seeing his infamously vicious brother suddenly become kind and caring towards the girl. He had never really liked kids, yet here he was, offering to show her to his pet dog and the puppies the hellhound had had when he had refused to let any of his family near her as of yet. It was slightly... odd that Beckett was seen even smiling, anyway.

"Maybe since Mom had Kyon? I dunno, kids aren't that bad if they're funny and like a bit of mischief," he shrugged, shooting Aurora another small, coy grin. "...And she's family, so that helps."​

The brunette perked up slightly at his words, "Doggy? Puppies?" She wiggled herself out of Anael's arms to skip over to Beckett, her arms behind her back as she bounced a little on her feet excitedly, "Hm..." Aurora grinned cheekily and told him, "I would like to see the doggy and the puppies, pretty please? If you'll let me see her, maybe I'll rethink calling you a.." She looked back at her mother and looked at her innocently, "Naughty word."

Anael seemed pleased with the way Beckett reacted to her daughter cursing him out, it wasn't like she could really help herself anyways. The last thing she wanted was for her daughter to get upset. And besides, anything involving animals, mostly dogs, would instantly win Aurora over. Hence why they have five stray dogs in their apartment that she's trying to figure out how to get rid of without Rory somehow getting them back.

She spoke out, "Woah, hey. Dollar first." The girl huffed and took out her little princess wallet from her overall pocket, taking out an actual dollar bill, "But, Mooooom." "No buts. And why are you complaining, you're still going to get ice cream later." Aurora grinned instantly at that and handed it to her, "Yummy. I love you, Mommy~." Charlie cut in right there and leaned into Ana, and smiled slightly, "That she got for you, kissing up and all." "Can you imagine if she ends up like me and Ajax combined? I'm keeping her in her room until she's thirty."

"Well, let's hope she doesn't, hm? I rather like the kid, and if she turns out anything remotely like my brother, I won't be best pleased. If she turns out like you, I wouldn't mind so much. You're a good Mom." Beckett said quietly, not one for giving compliments, so the fact he actually gave one without being forced to continued to confuse and perplex Asher, though he opted not to mention it again in fear Beckett would just lash out at him. That would be more like the boy Asher grew up with.

"Come on then, we'll let your Mom talk with the boring adults," he shrugged, taking the girl's hand gently with a reassuring smile to her mother before leading her up the stairs, passing Ajax in the meantime - it was probably good that Beckett had led her to see the dogs. While Asher had a plan in place to keep Aurora away from the talk, she would probably prefer seeing the newborn hellhounds.

"What is this about?" Ajax sighed, glancing to Tate who led him into the living room apprehensively, hitching his breath the moment Ajax set eyes on the woman. "...What is this? If it's about the kid, I told you. I'm past caring already."​

His compliment shocked her a little, for she wasn't all that used to getting compliments about her being a mother, since it was usually her complimenting herself. They made her feel better, even if it was coming from herself. But it felt twice as more better hearing it from someone else. She gave him a gentle smile, murmuring out wholeheartedly, "Thank you. That means a lot to hear."

She nodded that it was alright for him to take her off to see the puppies, it was for the best. She wanted him nowhere near the man that was her blood. If things got bad, she near the little girl would start stressing out. Aurora took his hand happily and hopped up the stairs with him in a sweet oblivion.

As Ajax came into the room as her daughter left it, she crossed her arms and gave him a look as he instantly shot off on her and she frowned, "Actually, this wasn't my doing. It was our families' idea. Or at least some of them. I didn't tell them anything, but they found out. Besides, I told you, you didn't have to take responsibility, and that hasn't changed. If it makes you feel better, she doesn't remember you." She sighed weakly, Charlie gave her a weak smile before asking the both of them, "Don't you think you guys should talk things out like..I don't know..adults?"

"Hey, cutie, why don't you keep out of it, hm? I appreciate the help and all, but this is a waste of time." Ajax murmured, his words and tone nothing but polite and kind even if he really wasn't in the best of moods. He wasn't someone to ever really be mean, demon or not, and all things considered, he did genuinely like Charlie. And not just because he found him cute, but because he found him to be kind and more than sweet. "Not being mean or anything, babe, but I couldn't give a shit about your daughter. Honestly, I really don't care. Three years hasn't made me all gooey eyed and soppy and craving fatherhood. On the contrary, I don't want involvement. If you need me to pay money, I'll do that. I can support her, that's fine, but I don't want any emotional ties. It's just how I am."

He shrugged calmly, at least not erupting into anger, but speaking rather eloquently and politely to her and as mature as he could manage. It was probably the best way to handle the situation. "I get why everyone wanted me to talk, but I ain't changing my mind, so... sorry."​

Looking back at her siblings, she sighed softly and told them, "See?" He turned back around to look at Ajax as she told him, "I get it. I knew you didn't want anything to do with her in the first place. Or anything to do with fatherhood that first time. And no, I don't need your money, I've got plenty enough to support my child. The only reason why I even told you about her was because you deserve to know about her, whether you did anything or not. And you're not. So be it. Even if you didn't want to be her father, doesn't mean you couldn't be her friend without all the ties." She didn't dare to say why she would say that, instead falling silent and giving a polite smile. Her daughter had always been insecure about her true form and while she'd done her best to make her feel comfortable as she truly was, she hated it because she didn't realize that it was natural for her to be like this, having demon blood in her. Sometimes demon-angel children could have one more than another or the latter, or be a perfect mix of two. And she was the latter.

She paused for a moment before she would look back at her siblings and down to her phone, looking at Dumah, "Seeing this is going to be how it is, still, I have to go..can you..?" She gestured up the stairs and added quietly, "I don't want to interrupt her fun." Her sister nodded, glancing at Ajax, "Yeah, no, I've got her. I'll tell her where you went. I wanted to spend some time with her anyways." Ana smiled appreciatively before going over to Charlie to give him a hug while he did apologize briefly about the whole thing.

She'd brush it off and tell him that it was alright before looking at Asher, "Again, it was nice to meet you finally," She gave a small smile to him before looking at Ajax, she said, "I'll do my best to stay out of your way next time, if there's one. I'm sorry for disturbing you." Anael disappeared shortly after, Charlie giving Asher a weak smile.

"Not to brag or anything, but i did have my doubts that this would work out as everyone hoped it would." Asher stated calmly, and presumably forcing himself to when he was annoyed with Ajax, though how could he be? He had never promised to be this amazing father. He had never disclosed anything of the sort, and his very person, the sort of person he was, wasn't a overly fatherly person.

He would rather party and flirt, rather than even acknowledge he had a child.

Besides, Ajax had handled it maturely, and only reiterated what he had said over the time period - that he wanted nothing to do with the young girl. And once Anael left, the first thing he did was apologise for the drama and headed on it, probably to hang out with his latest girlfriend or boyfriend, leaving Asher to sigh at the disaster the apparent intervention had been. "Well... uh... that was horrible, I mean... I don't imagine it going any differently, but still, it sorta sucks."​

"Yeah..I didn't expect different either. At least it gave me an excuse to see my sisters again. And you got to meet your niece..I don't know, despite that, everything else went well. It's not ideal, but..Ajax doesn't want to be a father and that's the end of it. Maybe one day he'll change his mind but..he's lost his chance with Aurora as it seems either way." The blonde shrugged some, sighing.

Dumah crossed her arms, speaking, "Speaking of that, where have you been Charlie? We've missed you..and what happened to your neck?" He not down onto his lower lip and shook his head, "I'm..not ready to talk about it, Dumah. I honestly still wasn't that ready to see you guys just yet.." She looked at him with understanding and nodded, pulling him back into a hug, "I understand..and can I just say that Beckett was the only thing I wasn't expecting? I mean, yeah, he seems good with Kyon, but I didn't see that coming. Not complaining."

Charlie let out a small laugh and nodded a little in agreement, "And wait, wait, you taught your goddaughter cuss words?" "Okay, look. She used to be a little evil shit and hold her bladder until I was changing her diaper and proceed to piss on me. So I cursed, alright?" "Oh, ew." "Exactly! And no one believes me when I'd say that used to happen because she's usually a little angel about it. The little shit. I love her to death."

"...She is lovely." Tate agreed after a moment, peering at Asher in fear the boy would just tease him about how soppy he appeared - and he hadn't really forgotten admitting to him about how he did want children pretty soon, though knowing Asher, he had probably told Charlie and he really didn't want him blurting it to Dumah, accidentally or otherwise, before he had a chance to admit it to her. "I mean, for a kid, ah... I'm gonna just see if my Mom needs help with breakfast-- you're staying for breakfast, right Charlie? You can't really leave, my Mom hasn't stopped talking about you."

"I knew she'd like you." Asher sighed to himself, albeit with a growing smile as he peered at his former boyfriend. "Mostly everyone in my family likes you-- besides Beckett. He doesn't like anybody, apart from apparently Aurora. But he's good with kids, we know that now."

"He's amazing with Kyon." Tate said again, busying himself with pouring out the rest of his energy drink into a scotch glass. "I mean, really good... I get annoyed easily with kids, I guess."​

Status
Not open for further replies.