Out of Greed {w/ potassiumboron}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumah peered at her boyfriend discreetly, instantly hearing how he was trying to brush off what he'd said about her niece, but didn't bring attention onto him. Charlie couldn't but to smile slightly at the sight, only to purse his lips shortly until Tate started talking to him and perked up slightly and smiled, "Ah, yeah, I'll stay if that's so."

The woman was still poking and prodding at her brother, touching at his piercing and mumbling out, "Wait, does this mean you still have those nipp-!" He covered her mouth, flushing lightly as he forced her to stop talking and shook his head in embarrassment. Of course he still had his nipple piercings. He smiled sweetly over to Asher and told him, "I never doubted you. And yeah, I'm glad he's at least good with kids, that was a big help."

After her boyfriend's comment, Dumah would say, "I adore them. But I'd never be able to handle like eight toddlers at one time. I'd die. Other than that I'll willing suffer under them." Charlie grinned at that, "Wasn't the reason why you had an undercut because Aurora shaved the side of your head while you slept?" "I learned anger management that day, I tell you. But I looked cool, so I'm not upset."

"Aurora's a handful sometimes. She is... a halfling, so I guess that explains it. Ajax was a brat when he was younger. When I was born, he stole all my toys, sold them and bought himself candy." Tate sighed under his breath, having held a grudge for years after that, though it was a typically brotherly thing. He neglected to mention the time he had burned Ajax's leather jacket right before a major date.

"We could have our own kids someday," he finally murmured, easing into his desire for them slowly, in fear of freaking her out, and the fact the two weren't in private as he had anticipated did make him just a tad more nervous. And whenever he was nervous, however rare that was, he tended to get clumsy, stammer and blush a lot - doing that in front of Asher would mean he got bullied for it for the foreseeable future. "I mean, I-I really would them like-- shit, I really would like them, aha... soon? I dunno, Dumah, I just... I think i see myself having two, but... I don't mind not having 'em, you'd carry the kids and I saw my Mom when she was carrying Kyon and Asher, and she was always in pain a lot, so..."​

"I don't know about that, I was pretty bad as a kid.." She trailed off thoughtfully before shaking her head as she wouldn't say what exactly happened and Charlie would snicker, "We have a whole scrapbook filled with everything you'd do as a child. Even now." "Let's not talk about it. Don't." Dumah covered her face with her hands and huffed out, "Dad was a horrible influence on me. Out of everyone who could've been, it was him."

The woman fell quiet as Tate began to speak and her eyebrows rose slightly in surprise at his words. She'd notice the way he seemed nervous about telling her this, and she looked over to Asher in such of a way as if telling him to be quiet if he was going to make fun of his brother. Just in case. Taking her lover's hands with ease and squeezing them gently, she smiled up at him fondly, "Hey. I don't mind having kids, especially if it's with you. I think I can handle the pain, since I'd like to have kids with you soon too."

"Right, r-really? Cool, yeah," he shrugged, trying to at least pass it off coolly, even if his cheeks now shone a rather prominent shade of red, and his heartbeat had increased sharply in his nervousness - though she had said yes and that was the main thing. Seeing Kyon and having seen Aurora just then had all cumulated to him wanting that himself, a piece of him and Dumah in the form of their flesh and blood, and he did feel that he would be a good father. He was always patient with Kyon, and the boy was a handful.

"Right, thanks," he grinned, leaning to plat a quiet kiss on her forehead. Usually he really didn't care and would kiss her passionately in front of anyone, but with Asher nearby, and the boy having the humour to tease him, he didn't want to give him any reason to do so and simply kept the kisses chaste for a moment. "I... I'm gonna go fetch Kyon, Mom's gonna shout at him if he's fussing around her, so... I'll get him out the kitchen, I guess, before he makes a mess. You know what he's like, he's a pain..."​

It was already quite obvious that she'd liked to have children in her future, happy that her boyfriend did feel the same way as she did. Honestly, three years ago back to where they had been, she wouldn't have wanted children. She could tolerate them, but wanted nothing to do with them in all honestly. But something just..changed. After Charlie had left, she'd taken time to evaluate herself and became even more open and not letting her struggle with the lack of emotions get in the way.

On the days she simply couldn't comprehend them, she still did her best to interact and easily took a façade to make it even more easy for herself to go along. But on her absolute worst, it was best to disappear altogether, even away from Tate so he didn't have to deal with it.

Dumah nodded, humming contently as he pressed a kiss to her forehead and understood why with Asher there, "Yeah, and hey, I love you. And that's good idea. And he's a kid, what do you expect?" She laughed softly before saying as she looked back at her brother and the other male, "Plus, I think they'd like to see him, maybe."

"Dumah, he burnt down my curtains," he reminded, to the sound of Asher's cackled laughter - the more he heard about his little brother at the moment, the more he knew he was going to get on well with the three year old, and really? It was enough to make him want to move back to Hell, to be a part of his life. Scowling at Asher's smug expression, Tate did have to stomach it and not kick up a fuss when he knew how stressed Florence was when she cooked, and having her sons fight, albeit playfully, wasn't going to make things easier for her at all.

"Keep an eye on Asher," he muttered quietly, trailing out to collect his little brother, leaving Asher to flop back against the couch with a wide grin towards Dumah. He may not have got on with her in the beginning, but he did sort of like her now he thought about it. "So you really wanna carry my brother's kid? Really? I bet pregnancy sucks."​

"Tate, my point still stands. At least he didn't burn down a building like me..yet. We're still remodeling after that incident." Charlie nodded at that, grimacing as he remembered the burnt parts of their home. It was a large one, so it did take time. Especially when your daughter burned it down more than once before. Not that he was going to say that outloud. Just to save her from having to explain.

She grinned slightly and told him as he left, "I'll do my best." Charlie would sit down next to the demon on the couch, looking at his older sister sharply after what he said. But oh, she wasn't going to be normal about this, "Well..I'll have your brother by my side, and he's amazing. I think I'll manage. And besides labor won't be so bad..come o-" "I am not stabbing your hand and you can't make me." "Still a buzzkill." Dumah looked over to Asher and smirked a little, "I usually can't feel pain. One of the things that come along with lacking emotions."

"Yeah, well, I just know that it must suck. You may not feel pain, but you still gotta deal with getting all big and stuff," he shrugged, not the best with trying to put across his point when he had no experience dealing with people who were pregnant. He had missed his mother's pregnancy with Kyon, after all. "But hey, Tate's gonna support you, I guess. He's turned into such a soppy romantic, it's sickening. Cute, but it's not my thing. I mean, I guess I can be romantic-- I was romantic to you when we dated for those for days, right?" He turned to Charlie for some sort of defence, though didn't expect him to come up with anything, because he hadn't showered him with that much affection or bought him many things - for one thing, they didn't date long enough.

"I beat those guys up for you, remeber?" He murmured proudly, seeing that as sort of romantic, in its own weird way. "And when we made love, that was good. Even though you led most of it, but hey, it was pretty amazing, I think~"​

"Ah..true. But I guess that's the beauty of it. Might be fat, but it's living and breathing proof of life inside of you. I won't mind. Nobody in our family is against having children or of the such and the consequences. Even the nonfertile ones. They get these..Dad boxids. I'll tell you, they look better than ever. Don't tell them I said that, I'd like to get another thousand years of teasing out over it."

At his question, Charlie furrowed his brows as he honestly thought about it, sighing softly, "Um..well. You're right about it not being your thing considering the few days we had. But what do I know. And yeah..that was pretty romantic of you.." The angel blushed deeply as he brought up their first time and Dumah made a small face at what he considered romantic, "For my first time, yeah." She'd cut in only then, going, "Wait, that's the only romantic stuff you did? That's..sad. Look, if you two get back together, go on some dates, yeah? And my brother led you..? How many fingers?" "...Dumah, no." "Oh my god. Always start with one and stop with however many fingers size up to you, bud."

The angel deepened to bright shade as he covered his sister's mouth, whining out, "Please shut up."

Grinning wide, he had achieved what he set out to: seeing Charlie get embarrassed and bashful. He had always admired it, seeing him grow all shy and red in the face, mostly because he found the whole display too cute for words. But the moment he was criticised for the romantic thing, he did arch a brow curiously - it did mean that she knew what was romantic, and that did entail that Tate had done some romantic things. Something he would tease him endlessly for.

"So what's Tate? This big Romeo figure, hm?" He purred with a roll of his eyes. it was still hard to take in. His big brother, infamous for his coldness and lack of dates growing up, had bagged himself a girlfriend who he wanted to marry and have kids with-- though she was hardly a bubbly, normal girl herself. The two were pretty much made for each other. "...Nah, I am happy for him. For you guys. You're already pretty much family, to be honest. I bet my family loves you."​

Charmeine glanced over to see Asher watching him and looked away in his embarrassment. Dumah laughed softly at the display before cocking an eyebrow at Asher, "I wouldn't call him Romeo Romeo, but..he's my kind of Romeo. He makes me..happy. I don't see myself anywhere else of the moment. And...I hope so, or else I've overstayed my welcome for three years now. But thank you."

"How come our families still haven't met..?" "Ah..mom's been distracting herself with the young ones. And I haven't asked if they've wanted to meet yet, I didn't know if she was okay with that. I don't know. I should've asked sooner but yeah. Oh! You have to see the twins one of these days. She named them Summer and Celeste. For once one of the bloody kids isn't named after an angel, that's a record for us." Dumah snickered as she'd say that and Charlie grinned at that, "No kidding. I'm surprised she finally let up on it. And why Summer?" "Because she remembered you loved that name as a kid.." His smile fell only then as his shoulders sagged, "Oh.."

"Yes, well, let's not get all sentimental again, please? I'm sure you'll see your family, and I'm sure both of the families will meet, but seeing as my Mom probably wants a nice breakfast, can we not get bogged down in stuff that makes him upset?" Asher sighed, peering awkwardly at Charlie in fear he was too upset to really enjoy the breakfast - he did want him to actually spend time with his family, properly, (excluding Ajax, though) and if that wasn't enough motivation, then the fact Aurora was still in the home and that he could spend time with her and with Dumah over breakfast should be enough.

"Come through to one of the dining rooms-- I assume we're using the family one, it's pretty big. We eat there mostly," he explained as he motioned for Charlie to follow - he assumed Dumah knew where most things were if she spent time with Tate down in the home. "At least, we used to. It's been years since I had a meal here."​

Charlie let out a small laugh, giving Asher a weak grin, "Hey, don't worry about me. I'm just shocked on that's how she came up with the name. I'll see the rest of my family on my own terms really. So I promise you, I'm not upset." He stood up right next to him and nudged him slightly, "I'm not as easy as you remember to upset, I promise. Besides, I told you before, didn't I? If I get upset, I'll leave so you won't, or anyone else won't, have to deal with it." The blonde gave as a shrug as he'd say that, for it was true. He did get emotional sometimes horribly to a degree, but he didn't get upset shortly easily like he once did anymore. He'd matured away from doing such of a thing.

She smied slightly before nodding at the other male's words for it was still the very dining room as she made her way ahead them to reach to the destination and Charmeine would follow behind Asher with ease.

"Well, that's dumb, no offence. If you're upset, I don't want you running off. I want to help you," he decided, feeling he ought to just stop being this hard jerk, and actually confront his fear of comforting people if it meant he could help Charlie in any way. Sure, he always felt uncomfortable comforting people, but if he could help Charlie, then it was worth it. But he didn't plan on upsetting him himself, not like he used to, anyway.

Sitting at the long table that was currently void of any of his family, it was somewhat relaxing not to deal with anyone else, until spotting Tate approach with a three year old in his arms that Asher recognised as Kyon. Even if he had only seen the boy two minutes before storming out. Quietly smiling, he did find himself filled with the usual rush of brotherly love and care, even if this time, it was different now he was a big brother. "I bet Mom wanted a girl, though," he laughed, noticing the boy in Tate's arms didn't really... talk. It could be that he was shy, sure, but he didn't seem to be, when he was showing a wide smile and reaching eagerly for the other familiar face - Dumah's. It was sad that he didn't eve know Asher, and instead recognised Dumah more, but that wasn't Asher's fault, and he knew it wasn't, so he didn't for once have himself to blame. "...He's cute, though," he said quietly, peering at the brown-haired boy - the dark-headed look did run in the family. Every one of them had dark hair and blue eyes, but Kyon seemed to differ from that given his chocolate brown eye colour and tanned skin rather than pale, but he still shared the usual look. "Does he ever talk or is he just shy?"​

"Love, if I run off, there's only one place I'll be. At home or somewhere I can find you. If you're the one that upset me, it still goes." The nickname had been unintentional, simply slipping out from his lips without him meaning to. He'd realized just what he'd called Asher and just hoped he hadn't really noticed that he did.

Dumah grinned as she caught the sight of Kyon as well, holding out her hands for him as he reached out for her and took him from Tate with ease as she held him to her chest for a moment, cooing as she would fix up his hair, "Good morning, little buddy." Charlie snickered at Asher's words as she'd adjust him to be on her hip so he could look around a lot better, "Who knows, if she has another child, maybe it'll be a girl. Time will tell. And he is adorable.." He'd go up to the infant and join in with his sister, playing around with him.

She'd be the one to answer his question, "Nah, he doesn't talk..but his facial expressions show it all. For me, anyways."

"Did you call me love?" Asher suddenly asked, that sort of distracting him from even reaching to take his brother, suddenly more interested in hat Charlie had said, because in all honesty? He was sure he had imagined it. If not, it did make him grin wide - it was exactly the sort of thing he had stopped himself saying, so hearing Charlie absently blurt it made it all the more great. He hadn't been the first to slip up like that, but it was hardly a bad thing.

"You're so cute," he laughed happily, deciding not to dwell on it in fear of just embarrassing him again, and calmly reached to finally take Kyon himself, grinning at the boy's affectionate coos and cuddles - which did make him let his smile falter. The fact Kyon was so affectionate even if he had hardly known Asher did make him pause, just to try and convince himself that his hunch was incorrect. "...He's an incubus, isn't he?" He murmured after a moment, Tate awkwardly shrugging though the look on his face said it all. "Poor kid. He took after Mom."​

The blonde puffed his cheeks outwards as he pointed out what he had called him love and looked away from him out of embarrassment. He hid his face behind his hands even further he called him cute and grew even more red with that. Yet he'd peek between his fingers to watch him take up his little brother for the first time and smiled softly behind his hands at the sight.

His brows furrowed when he noticed it had faltered after a moment and he'd ask if his brother was an incubus. Dumah cut in on that part and crossed her arms, "I know incubi usually get pretty bad treatment and of the lot and then just incubus in general, but he's not a poor kid because he takes after your mother. So don't say that. Whatever your reason being. Besides, if so you might as well just have a pity party for him and Aurora; she's part angel and succubus. Now that..she refuses to change into her true form because everyone that wasn't family had a ball making fun of two year old over something she couldn't control.." She'd huff, not upset with them, but remembering something that still annoyed the hell out of her.

Charlie seemed to remember that himself and started to seem annoyed before he'd snap out and pinched his sister so she would calm down too and she mumbled, "Sorry."

"You do realise it makes no sense for her to genetically be a succubus," he grunted flatly, starting to slowly but surely grow irritated by her. While he had to admit earlier on that he liked Dumah, and that he did, but it didn't mean he couldn't grow annoyed by her, and so had to bite on his lip to prevent snapping. "Ajax isn't an incubus, so there's no way she could be a succubus. Are you sure she's not just affectionate?"

"...Well, she is." Tate muttered, his tone cold in defence of his girlfriend, and of Aurora in fact, to a extent. "Mom's a succubus. Perhaps it just skipped Ajax and Aurora follows Mom? I dunno, but she is, and it's nothing wrong. It just means... she needs affection to be healthy and fit. Plenty of hugs and stuff, same for Kyon," he sighed, glancing at his little brother who was currently curled up against Asher with little contented purrs. "Don't be so judgemental, seriously."​

She shot her lover a grateful look for defending her while her own brother had gotten defense as well, crossing his arms before she'd say, "She does. She depends on them. While Ana is affectionate, she can do without it sometimes. Aurora can't stand not being being affectionate for more than a...day, maybe. She always ends up running a fever and getting sick. I understand why you don't believe me and you don't have to, but it's true. It's not a coincidence she runs a fever or something after she goes too long without it for some reason."

The dark haired woman wouldn't snap though or get angry with him, the look on her face completely calm as she looked up at him. Charlie wouldn't look at him though, keeping silent as he looked everywhere else but him really, smiling softly at the sight of Kyon curled up against his older brother, even if he wasn't too pleased with him at the moment.

"No offence and all, because I like Aurora 'cause she's my niece, but it ain't all about her. Sure, she might get sick from not having affection, but doesn't that mean my brother's the same? Can we acknowledge him? It's all about your family with you lot," he sighed, most of his irritability coming directly from the fact it had been two days straight without drugs, and for an addict? That was a long enough time to make him feel a little snappy and grumpy, hence the display right now - though at least he managed to not give that to Kyon who was happy to just cuddle into the warmth obliviously.

"Sorry," he finally apologised, mostly when seeing Beckett trail in again with Aurora's hand in his own. "I'm just irritable, that's all. I didn't mean to have a go, Dumah, really..."​

Status
Not open for further replies.