Out of Greed {w/ potassiumboron}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sighing, Dumah would find herself agreeing with him, saying, "I feel bad for Beckett and Ana both, actually..because I think Ana really did like him. But now that Ajax is in the picture she'll probably ignore that she does just to keep it from being awkward..and honestly? Ana hasn't had a boyfriend or girlfriend in three years, because she's devoted all her time to Aurora in the past few years. She's never really had the time for herself. She's been on dates, but that's about it."

She chewed on her lower lip at that, saying, "But what if he does decide to ask? Even if he doesn't still, Ajax is bound to find out he does or had feelings for Ana. There's always going to be some sort of drama with our families and I'm just choosing to go with the flow. I just..things will work out in the end really. Oh actually, speaking of kids. This is random, I'm sorry, but necessary to say. If-When, we do have a kid, if I tell you to go and take the kid as far away as you can, do that. Just..trust me. I refuse to let my grandparents lay a hand on my kid, it's not happening. The kid will have night terrors for months if they do." It was obvious there was a horrible memory associated with it, for she was grimacing at the thought. Their grandparents being horrible people was quite the understatement for them. It made no sense why they came to mind just then, but the point very much did still count.

He calmly paused as she talked, preferring as per usual to let her speak and not interrupt her - he himself detested being interrupted, and so was wise enough not to inflict that irritation on anyone else, even if currently all he wanted to do was bombard her with questions. But he wisely neglected that, opting not to as he calmly smiled and gave a curt nod. "Promise. If you ever tell me to just run, I will, no questions asked, okay? Hopefully we won't ever come to that, hm?"

He leant to peck her cheek quickly, only really keeping from anything more because Beckett had come into view, and while it wouldn't be intended as such, he thought any intimate kisses could be seen as rubbing Beckett's face in their happiness. Once spotting his brother, he immediately cringed: he didn't want to really approach him and confess that Ajax was going to start making an effort, and admit that he had his eyes set on Anal. He knew Beckett would either get mad and storm off, or just keep it in - that would make his mood more volatile in the coming days. Either way, there was no benefits to telling him, but it was something that had to be done. Well, until he chickened out and nudged his newly established fiancée to talk instead. She did have a way of explaining things in a nicer way than Tate could.

"What's going on? Seriously, if this is about Anael, I really don't care. I'm over it," Beckett sighed, peering up at them from the bench he was sat on, Kyon sat in the dark grass and playing with a few flowers - at least, Hell's equivalent of flowers, anyway.​

Letting him finish speaking, she give a small pleased smile as she'd look up at him and said, "Thank you, baby. And it'll happen. And if they do get a hold of our child, you'll want to murder them as much as my family already wants to. Everytime there's a new child in the family, they want to..take them for a..joyride and go missing from a day to..a week. Charlie was stabbed by her, he wasn't even born. So..let's just hope we can outsmart them."

She'd puff her cheeks right as he'd give her a kiss before gawking at him when her own fiancé nudged her forth instead to go and talk to him. She would huff slowly approached the other male before raising an eyebrow at him as he'd speak, "Oh really? Well, in that case," Dumah moved to sit down next to Kian on the grass, picking at some flowers for herself, easily intertwining the stems before she would go on, "Then you won't care to know that Ajax is being given the chance to be a father and that he plans on trying to get back with Ana?" Her tone was soft and quiet as she peered up at Beckett from her place and questioned him, "So, why the change of heart? You no longer care? That's a shame, I liked seeing you happy-not trigger, violent happy- for a change."

"He likes her; she must like him a little, and it'd be nice for them to be a family. I don't want to get involved and upset Ajax, okay?" He murmured slowly, after taking in the other's words and having to hide how suddenly disappointed he was, but what he had to do was obvious: leave them to it, hope they worked out a friendship for Aurora's sake, and if a relationship occurred, then that was good for them. He wanted Ajax happy, after all, hence his apparent sacrifice.

"It's not like it's a major upset. Sure, it sucks, but I hardly know the girl, and it's not going to stop me being an Uncle, so... it's all cool. I hope they work it out," he smiled, albeit a small one as he carefully hitched Kyon up and onto his lap for some affection - it was important that Kyon received constant affection, given what he was in being an incubus.​

Letting the other male speak and she would stay quiet, slowly making a strip of flowers interlocked and would nod, "You're right. But even if it's not with her, you deserve to go find some of your own happiness." Even though he was hiding it well, it wasn't difficult for her to know that he was or at least had to be a bit disappointed. And she didn't blame him for being so. Soon enough, she'd finish off the strip and tied it all together to make a crown of flowers, smirking up at Tate.

She'd stand up to nonchalantly place it onto her fiancé's head and smiled broadly up at him before sighing, not knowing just what to say to Beckett. There was really nothing she could say, for it was for the better that Ajax and Anael would get back together and be a family for Aurora, or even just friends. She knew her sister though, knowing that while she was open for a friendship with Ajax, but after everything, she wasn't going to fall for him as easily as she had before. The woman had once been a lot more careful about it, but with her daughter, she couldn't afford that. Even if the man was her father.

"Seriously? Flowers don't suit me," he sighed, though quietly left it on nonetheless. If they had been colourful flowers, he would be tempted to tear the makeshift crown off, but only because the flowers were somewhat dark and crimson, he opted to leave it on. Well, that, and because Dumah had made it, and Kyon was giving a wide smile at the sight. He would do anything to make the boy happy, and he had tried to get him to speak plenty of times, all to no avail.

"Let's just go in, leave him to have some space," he said under his breath, reaching to take Kyon from Beckett who at least gave a thankful smile before hunching his knees onto the bench and proceeding to mes with his phone just to be able to distract himself from everything. Silently sighing at the sight, Tate carefully smiled at Kyon as he headed on inside, gesturing Dumah close. "...When can we start trying for kids? After we're married? If... If you're traditional and... i guess you wouldn't want to be pregnant on our wedding day? Whenever that is..."​

"I don't know about that..they actually fit your vibe really well. Besides, if they had been any other color, I wouldn't have put them on your head." She'd given up on trying to get him to speak outloud, for she was certain that was to come whenever he wanted to speak. And if he never would, that was fine too. She simply resorted to using a discreet form of sign language on him, like her mother had with her as a toddler and just spoke to him. She never spoke either, but unlike him, she was never as smiley as this boy was.

Dumah would nod in agreement about leaving the male be and lightly patted his back as they would walk back with Kyon on hand and she would smiled as well at the little boy as she leaned close into Tate's side and listened to him. Raising an eyebrow at him, she couldn't help but to tease, "Do I look traditional to you? I'd say I'm flattered but. Eh. Tate, I was okay with having kids with you before you even proposed. I would've been fine with having them with you even if you didn't ask. So we, can start trying whenever you'd like to start," She grinned playfully, "I wouldn't mind being a pregnant bride. Or we could even have our kid at our own wedding, but I'm also not opposed to having our wedding like..next week even. That part is up to you."

"Well, no. I guess neither of us are really traditional-- we can't have a wedding in a week, Dumah. We could, but it wouldn't be... what you deserve, really. I want it to be at a nice venue and decorated and... no matter the cost, I want it to be perfect, so... maybe six months? Seven months? Something like that would give us time to plan," he decided, working out the dates in his head, and that did seem to work out. The time scale would work, with plenty of months to sort something out, but by the time the wedding should occur, it would be Summer, and he did feel that was probably best season-wise.

Quietly moving into the living room, if only to avoid his family for a moment, besides Kyon, he slumped back in one of the armchairs tiredly with him settled beside him. "As far as trying for a baby goes, I guess I wanna try as soon as we can, perhaps. I... seeing Ajax and Aurora makes me want to have a child, to be honest. Difference is we're not gonna argue, and I'm not going to just leave and refuse to be a part of the child's life."

Giving him a small grin whenever he'd protest towards the whole one week thing and said after he'd speak, "I was joking, I wouldn't do that to you. Unless it was urgent. Got all the time in the world," Unless..Nevermind. It wasn't important and wouldn't be now. She hoped, "Six or seven months? Summer wedding then. Smart timing."

She'd watch him sit down and gave him a moment to adjust before she squeezed herself in close by taking a hold of Kyon and resting on her lover's lap as the infant rested on hers, and she'd smile playfully to him, cooing. At his words, she looked at him in pure disbelief, squinting slightl, "Tate. Stop that. Babe, you are your own person. Just because your brothers did stupid things doesn't mean you'll do those things. I have faith in you, the man I love more than anything. I know you won't pull an Ajax..or even an Asher. I trust you.

"And arguing is natural, it happens. The real difference is is that we'll work things out a lot better. I know we will. And about the other part, I can't blame you, kids are contagious. But I want to have a baby with you soon. I think it's mostly you that's influenced me to want to have children so badly now." She chuckled softly and pressed a sweet kiss to his temple.

If he had to admit it, and it didn't take that much internal persuasion, he knew she was right. In all honesty, he knew that the anxiety thing was something that ran through all his brothers, and he blamed it mostly on their secluded childhoods. They hadn't gone to a local school in Hell -not that any of them were any good when all the pupils were troublesome demons-, and consequently hadn't made friends, and for Tate, that was when he knew he began to worry about things, and assumed that went for his brothers too, even Ajax, despite his apparent confidence. They all worried about things, it was just their thing.

"God, I love you," he finally smiled, the burst of emotion something he only really showed around Dumah to this extent, wrapping his arms neatly around her waist and leant in close in what would have been a kiss to her cheek, only before having to pull away with Asher wandering in and taking a seat. He didn't really pay either of them that much attention, though his presence was enough to have Tate scowl to himself and remove his arms from around his fiancée. "Sorry, I can't with him there. He'll just tease me."​

Dumah's upbringing had been different from her siblings, in fact, it wasn't their parents that took care of her. While most of her siblings were stolen for merely a day or even a week, it wasn't that way for her. She lost five years of her life to her grandparents. And her smile. Okay, so maybe she wasn't born emotionless, but she had been robbed of them. Her parents only had her for a week, maybe less, but she had one been a bright lavender eyed newborn with the prettiest smile and soft, thin waves that were already the color of the night.

The memory of those five years were gone and pushed far into the outskirts of her mind and she refused to ever even to remember them. They left a bad taste in her mouth. This was why she didn't want them to get near her own children, out of fear something like this would only happen again. Like hell she would let it.

When Asher walked into the room and Tate would already bail out of giving her a kiss on the cheek and was about to just do it herself anyways when something else popped into mind. With a smirk, she called out for Charlie, who walked in with a bewildered look. She'd give him some sort of look that he seemed to understand somehow and sighed back to her, 'Do I have to?' Since he didn't get a response, he would sigh and flush a tad bit before walking over to Asher, just for precaution's sake because Tate was to going to comply, and set himself on his former lover's lap with a sheepish smile to distract him. Not that he was complaining. So she would take that moment of distraction to press a sweet, short and chaste kiss against her fiancé's lips instead and covered Kyon's eyes with that, smiling playfully as she quietly told him, "There. He didn't see it."

Last edited by a moderator:
"I... I guess, smart plan," he said slowly, his eyes flickering over to his brother curiously, having expected him to start teasing them for their kiss, but instead of that, he saw his little brother with reddened cheeks and evidently in a state of confusion the second Charlie had sat down on him like that. Tate realised that Dumah had caused that, and that in itself made him grin wide. "You're so devious, really. They both look so embarrassed~"

"Sh-Shut the fuck up." Asher huffed, not entirely liking it when the roles were reversed, and Tate had the upperhand in teasing him. But he couldn't exactly focus on teasing him in return when Charlie was sat in this close proximity with him, swallowing hard. He may have slept in the same place as him last night, but he hadn't exactly meant to cuddle up to him in the night - it was purely habitual and his subconscious. This, however, was entirely purposeful, but he didn't find himself complaining. How could he? "...Are you going to get off my lap now, or are you just comfortable~?"​

Dumah chuckled softly and shrugged as she would tell him, "I have my ways~" Charmeine couldn't help but to grow darker as well when he would say that and ducked his head slightly and turned his face away and towards the other's neck. On the inside, he wasn't uncomfortable and didn't feel at all out of place. It felt normal for them to be like this.

But it wasn't. Not right now. Sure, they still had feelings for each other, but that was it.

So when he would ask such of a question, he snapped out of his daze quickly, and it didn't take him much to mutter out quietly, averting his gaze, "I'll j-just..get up. S-sorry." Charlie would managed a slightly forced, sheepish smile as he would get off of his lap and didn't even pause as he would quickly leave the room. Dumah would sign that she was sorry, and he'd shake his head and kiss the top of her head on the way out back into the dining room to feel a little less awkward.

Sighing heavily at the other's exit, given he had only tried to tease him, he eased himself up from his slouched position quietly with a sudden glare across at the couple. He wasn't mad, per se, but more irritated at the lack of acknowledgement, though it was plausible neither of them realised that he and Charlie weren't even dating at the moment. "...You didn't have to do that. You could have just told me to piss off. It's just, I love the guy, obviously, but we're going to just see how friendship goes for now--"

"As long as you don't just keep friendship because you still feel guilty, because I doubt Charlie holds a grudge," Tate sighed, easing himself up to pull Kyon back up once spotting him slipping off. "But... look, Dumah didn't mean anything by it, so don't go blaming her, okay?"​

Not speaking until the other male would, Dumah would say, "I know fully well that you two aren't together and that you still love him, and he still loves you more than anything. If he didn't, he wouldn't have been so willing to listen. But like Tate said, don't keep the friendship because you feel guilty about everything that happened. I promise you I'll hurt you if you make him feel even worse. And I know my brother. He's going to keep his distance, like he just did. Because what happens if you decide that you don't want anything beyond or even nothing at all? Just..don't lead him on, alright?"

The woman pursed her lips and fell quiet as she looked away from the male to let her eyes fall onto Kyon. She smiled gently at the toddler and took him to hold him close, bouncing him slightly on her lap. She really didn't want to pry on her brother's relationships now, but God knows what's happened in the past three years. So she was going to watch out for him until it seemed that he could handle himself.

"Excuse me? I'm supposedly the bad guy again then, am I? Innocent little Charlie can't do a fucking thing wrong, can he? Course not, I have to be the one leading him on. Do me a favour, Dumah. Keep your fucking nose out of my business. You don't know me, huh? You don't care to get to know me, so don't you dare assume I'd lead him on. It's the big sister thing, I get that, but I wouldn't lead him on, and honestly, I take offence to you even daring to assume I could do that, so get your hands off my little brother and go make out with your wonderful loser of a boyfriend some more." Asher suddenly snapped, the anger he had been storing from a mixture of things, mostly his incapability of getting hold of drugs, ensuring the sudden outburst, though he was pretty peeved at Dumah, and for what he assumed was a good reason. She had implied that he would lead Charlie on, and that accusation, whether she had meant it to come out like it had or not, was something most people who wouldn't do such a thing would get angry over.

Silently scowling, he reached out to snatch Kyon from her, albeit gently given he was only a toddler, and once seeing the boy smile shyly, hitched him up into his arms and trailed out, the sound of the front door slamming making Tate wince and breathe out a held in breath. "I... I... I'm gonna go after him, okay?" He blurted, hurrying to shift her off and dart to his feet. "I haven't seen him this mad for... ages... years, really."​

As she would let him take the toddler, she would tell him with a soft voice, "If Charlie was going to lead you on, it'd be the same. I didn't mean it like that." Watching him slam the door, she'd flinch as well and got up off of Tate's lap and nodded, "You can go. I..shouldn't have said anything.." After watching her lover follow after him, her brother would come back into the room, looking completely confused, "What just happened?"

Hesitantly and slowly, Dumah would explain the situation and he would look at his sister in disbelief, "Why would you say something like that?" "I know, I know I.." She'd trail off and watch his shoulders sag and he'd sit down as she would say, "I should just go, I'm..obviously just causing trouble. Just..if you see Tate tell him I'll see him later." He didn't get much of a chance to respond before she was gone and out of sight.

"See? I always did tell you you had a thing about upsetting people. It's just who you are, my dear." The raven would curse, recognizing the voice, "Get the fuck away from me, Abbadon." She cooed, "Is that any way to treat your grandmother? Who raised you as a baby and loves you dearly." "What do you want from me?" "Oh..only to comfort you. Seeing that you've realized that you're just not meant for relationships. You and your little fiancé can't work out, it's not possible. Even little Charlie hates you now." Abbadon gave her a convincing look of sympathy and opened her arms and Dumah warily took a step back, her lies having a hold over her, "T-that's...not true..right?"

"Where's Dumah?" Tate asked once bundling back into the house with Kyon in hand, though evidently without Asher who he hadn't quite convinced to return. Sighing to himself, he set the toddler down with a heavy sigh, rubbing what was clearly a bruise underneath his eye, probably going on to become a black eye in a few hours. "He punched me, so he's pretty pissed-- I don't think it was entirely Dumah. He's always been temperamental," he explained tiredly, rubbing his temples quietly, though made a note to heal himself before he saw Dumah again, whenever that would be.

"...You okay?" He finally asked, his expression void as usual as he peered over at Charlie, though at least his tone signified concern. "You, ah... don't look so down. Asher always throws these sorts of anger tantrums, it's all cool."​

Sighing deeply, the male would look up at Tate solemnly, "I know I know it's normal. I just..hate it whenever he gets upset, you know. So, I'm..alright. Thanks. And um.." Charlie rubbed at his neck and shrugged slightly, "I don't know where she went. She..felt like she was only being trouble and said she'd see you later. She thought I was mad at her.."

"I know you're lying to me. Now leave me the fuck alone." Abbadon gave a forced smile as she walk forward too fast for the girl to move and get away from her before she felt pain surge through her and her mouth fell open as her hand managed to force way into her body and grasp at her heart and squeezed it, murmuring coldly, "I didn't leave this up for discussion, did I? I gave you a chance to play nice with you, but if you want to play hard to get, we'll just have to do it my way, hm?"

The raven open and closed her mouth when no words managed to get out and she could only slump in her position. If there was one person who could cause her to writhe in pure pain, it was their grandmother. And she couldn't fight her like this, falling weak.

"Great. You know, just for once, i thought things could go smoothly. I literally just got engaged, and already i can't spend time enjoying myself because of Asher. He's a little shit, and... i don't care what he does, or says, and I don't care if you defend him, because he ruins everything." Tate spat angrily, edging back into his chair as he rolled his shoulder back to ease the pain gravitated there. "H-He just flips out, and now he's god-knows-where-- no, let me guess. The little jerk is probably getting high, hm? He's filth lately..." He sighed, realising just how harsh he was being, though just like the boy he was criticising, his anger did have a way of taking over. It was like that for demons, mostly. They didn't have the innate capacity to really calm themselves down as easily as other creatures.

"I'll go search for him, before Mom gets worried," he finally sighed, easing himself back out of his chair irritably. "Are you coming, or are you gonna stay here?"​

Status
Not open for further replies.