Our Retribution OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but nothing short of another shock would have kicked her adrenaline on in such s high dosage so quickly. Not to mention she's tactical and suddenly clear-headed? It's going to cause suspicion, plus the soldiers in the Bradley who are, if I might add, a disgrace to their uniforms.

Wheeeeeeeeeee! This is going to be fun! <3 I'm afraid I won't be able to respond until this evening, when I get back from my clinicals, but what a dilemma! Love it!

Sorry for the slow reply - everything and anything from school to work to family conspired to crush my weekend to dust... ><

Haha wow. That was a hell of a screw up on my part.

But yeah, your post will probably help the others move along.

Oooooooops? XD And sounds good! Although I don't know how we're ever going to top the ever-quotable Aftov, "Sorry you two!" *flees*

Reactions: BKenScout
I accidentally posted an OOC thing in the OC and didn't notice for a little while. Guess my brain blanked out long enough to get windows mixed up.

Name: Tae, Jonathan

Role: Assault

Description: Appearance
Easily noticeable as a Korean-American, Jonathan is about 5'10" with a lean build, not overly muscular and in no way a weak guy.

Personality: Jonathan is the kind of person that more often than not is following his gut rather than regulation, this trait gets him in a lot of less than favorable situations whether it be with the Staff Sergeant or with a group of pissed off Marines all alone in a back alley behind the bar. He also has a very gung-ho attitude which tends to define who he is as a person as well, when Jonathan sets his mind on something it is not likely he will cease until he has completed the task at hand no matter the scale.

History: Jonathan had a normal childhood until the summer of his 14th year of life. His mother and father were struck down by a drunk driver in a hit-and-run in lower Baltimore when he was fourteen years old. After the accident Jonathan was placed in the custody of his grandmother: Jiwoo May for the next four years while he went through schooling.

Following his graduation from high school he studied Criminal Justice at the University of Baltimore, with the hopes of one day becoming a detective in order to solve cases like his parents and in future preventing such horrific accidents.

Jonathan had still been in school when the war began, and upon his graduation the first papers he found at his door were not those of his Degree, but instead they were notice of conscription with a time and date to be at the local MEPS and a warning of desertion were he not to show up.

Equipment: Aviators and his personal M1991.

Gunsuit Model: SoonTM​

Reactions: Muirgen
You get a cookie, Camel, for using "soon (tm)" in your CS. Made me laugh. Thank you much. XD

Bken, how go things?

Today! Sorry about that. We were swamped at work on Saturday and then I had an outing planned from a few months ago. Was going to let you guys know, but I couldn't get on at all. Tonight, I promise. :)

As a side note, I know this has been something Trent's done multiple times - where he kind of puts out his own set of ideas for orders... It's partially his pride/arrogance taking over and asserting itself, but it's also because he knows he isn't stupid and there have already been a ton of mistakes on the misison. @Ascendant this is just to let you know, as a disclaimer, that I am in no way trying to take over the RP or anything via Trent. It's a facet of his character, he's naturally drawn to leadership roles - though he isn't immune to mistakes in any way. I only state this because I know in a lot of RPs, people tend to just follow one of the GMs characters and make their own only take one of the paths that the GM does, and while that isn't a bad thing at all, I know that it takes away from the organic feel. :) So if there's ever a problem, I wanna know right away so I can try to fix whatever the issue is.

You're all free to take any path you want, that path may just kill you. Of course, taking the GM character's paths may also kill you, so who knows! If one of you chose to shoot Sam and ended up succeeding, I'd have to accept it and think things through in another direction, or if you all split, the same would apply. If you want layouts of terrain for actions just ask me, if I don't describe things well enough. In any case, time to write.

Gunsuits, I imagine, have a failsafe for detonation of some kind. Or our characters are all trained to hook C4 or other explosives to it, much like they do Black Hawks and other sensitive military, in order to preserve their secrecy? Not to mention, I'm not sure how Trent will reat to Sam's revival now that they gave a moment. He'll probably wait until they have more moments than just the one, but to be honest, at this point, he isn't likely to do much apart from figure out how to pull himself from the gunsuit and not bleed out.

A self-destruct bomb is something I considered but it's plausible that it could be set off during fighting like exploding the ammo in a tank, so the next best thing would probably be demolitions stuff, which they weren't supplied with. They'd have try to scrounge some up from around the base, which is unlikely considering it was intentionally abandoned. Could try shooting at the gunsuits and attempt to detonate what ammo is stored on them, though that method would leave one standing. It's not really that much of an issue though, the ones they have now are considered basically useless as you can see from their performance.

Last edited:
Shall we wait for Camel to get a word in edgewise before we post again, or did you all have plans for how his character will be joining the team? :)

Camel will be joining in once they get back to base and talk to the Colonel.

All righty! Very much looking forward to getting him in on the fun... And death... And undeath...

Status
Not open for further replies.