Our Retribution OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
A photo isn't required, writing a good description of them would be enough. For a long time I refused to use photos as well. Whatever role you take would have its NPC replaced by you, or sent to another squad as well. I'll give the IC some time until you give your character.

Last edited:
Name: Aftov, Markus

Role: Suppression

Description: About average in height, but well-built, Aftov is 5’10 and 183 lb. Despite his European or Mediterranean last name, his appearance is distinctly East Asian. His hair and eyes are the more common black coloration, though his skin tone is naturally slightly tanned. No scars or tattoos of note. His hair does manage to somehow keep itself immaculate.

Personality: A rather expressive, if not boisterous, individual, Aftov has been described as a bit of an open book. While he doesn’t always act based on how he feels, having enough discipline and restraint, it’s not hard to pick out how he feels at any given time. There’s a reason he never bothered with poker or any other similar games.

Rather down to earth, while he isn’t much for high reaching dreams he isn’t some cold pragmatist either. Relatively intelligent, he’s got a good mind for snap-decisions and has great spatial awareness. While not the most observant of individuals, once he does get a picture of the situation, he’s not likely to forget it anytime soon.

History: Given the contrast between first and last name, along with his appearance it isn’t too hard to guess that either Aftov’s parents were from very different parts of the world and he only took after one in appearance, or he was adopted. The latter would be the truth. His family wasn’t exactly normal given that he was one amongst four children their parents had decided they could support. They weren’t related by blood, but they grew close after years of living with each other.

He wouldn’t be able to point out any real interesting points if you asked him. Like the oldest of the four he went through high school and onto university without too much issue. Participated in a few clubs here and there, played in varsity sports occasionally. Didn't really like partying, preferred to hang out with a closer-knit group of friends really. After graduation, before he could do anything more though, the conscription came through and swept him up and away.

Equipment: Desert Eagle Mark 19. Not really practical, but it packs a good punch and he favors pistols over revolvers. The ammunition quality the firearm prefers is a bit of a pain to acquire, but he has a decent enough stockpile to last. Also carries a utility knife with him.

Gunsuit Model:

I'll add it to the roster. I may or may not make the IC today, I'm fairly tired currently but it may happen.

I like it, Zom. XD I get a feeling that Lyons and Aftov are going to butt heads a bit.

Alright, the IC is up, hopefully you guys have no trouble whipping something up. The shit will hit the fan almost immediately, I assure you.

Don't suppose there's any known information on the Enemy? Different combat forms, any tactics/strategies they might use other than Zerg Rushing (mainly concerned about use of traps for the post), weaponry/equipment, etc.

Well, there's a reason they're instructed not to trust anyone they didn't leave the base with. The enemy is very adaptive and underhanded. It's possible to encounter them using human weaponry and tactics, or just zerg-rushing, the problem is that they're not predictable in what they do, thus the reason humanity has such a problem fighting them. The tactics they use in this battle will probably vary significantly in the next battle, as well as the enemy themselves. No one knows who or what the enemy truly is because of that.

Well, there's a reason they're instructed not to trust anyone they didn't leave the base with. The enemy is very adaptive and underhanded. It's possible to encounter them using human weaponry and tactics, or just zerg-rushing, the problem is that they're not predictable in what they do, thus the reason humanity has such a problem fighting them. The tactics they use in this battle will probably vary significantly in the next battle, as well as the enemy themselves. No one knows who or what the enemy truly is because of that.
Ok, mainly wanted to know exactly what type of intelligence level they were at.

I'm still here, and I will try to get something up a little later on today or tomorrow in the IC. Sorry for the radio silence - this week has been a rather unexpected bit of real life busy hell.

In terms of how smart they are, no one really knows for certain, but they're too organized to be mere animals. I wanted to sprinkle more info through the IC as things rolled along though, so as not to give too much away immediately. And that's fine Muirgen.

I'll try to get a post up today - I don't have work, but I'm really addicted to Scrubs as I'm rewatching it on Hulu... I do love this show. Anyway, I'll still try to get something up ^_^ Need to take a bit of a breather after the last post I typed up.

I think I've watched all of Scrubs twice now... It is pretty addictive.

I think I have a problem. XD *Twitches*

I'm like halfway through Season 7. I've never actually been able to watch them in order without missing one like this. It's really good. Some episodes are more emotional than I remember them. O_O

I get the feeling every one of our characters is royally fucked. >8D

I get the feeling every one of our characters is royally fucked. >8D
Probably. Not sure why the squad commander is at the head of the formation, but yeah. 10/10 into the death trap they roll.

Well. Someone's probably going to bite the bullet, sadly. And I actually like the NPCs I wrote...

But hey...

8PW8xIb.jpg

Crap I wasn't getting notifications about the IC. Guess it doesn't auto watch threads you make. What I get for relying on the fancy things this forum has. I'm currently out of town but I'll try to get something saturday or sunday.

I know those feels. No worries :p glad to see you're still here

Status
Not open for further replies.