Oriens Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Violet would be very protective of nix, and the others truthfully, i think violet would stay to her self, because of fear of her father coming. Also i think ben would teach a cross bow class, or some type of sword class, or both.

Okay.

Also, in my experience, I've noticed that everytime someone joins in after the rp has started, they can't (or won't) find time to read the actual roleplay to find out what's going on. They just ask, even if there's a summary of events on the page before. So I plan on making blog posts every now and then to summarizes everything that's gone on for each big milestone in the rp. Then I'll link these posts to the opening post of the rp, which I plan on using as a sort of information key with a list of characters, their rper, status, and the page you can find them on in the sign up. Does that sound like an okay idea?

Sounds perfect! :) So the rp will be started today?

That sounds like a good suggestion. Although I am more worried about the amount of content that you guys will post.

Once we get the relationships settled, then I'll put up the info post. My second post will have my official opening post.

Hm? Worried how, VKAllen?

Worried that I might not be able to keep up with the quality ^_^;;

It's fine. Though I don't like pages of one liners, I don't really stress about the length of the post. It's usually grammar that tends to get to me. Correct punctuation, capitals and basic vocabulary is what I ask. I've once rped with someone who refused to use question marks, even when asking questions. Someone who didn't capitalize their name but did so for random nouns. And someone who used "hues" to mean eyes.

The occasional mistake is fine, but it can't happen in every post. Spelling errors are also fine every now and then, but if I see the same mistake happening over and over (Like this one girl who kept spelling aura as "ora".), I may bring it up in a pm, but that's it.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
^-^ Yay. Thanks for being so understanding. When I brought it up with those people . . . Well, they didn't take it so well . . . So I've had this gut fear that maybe I was too demanding.

^-^ Yay. Thanks for being so understanding. When I brought it up with those people . . . Well, they didn't take it so well . . . So I've had this gut fear that maybe I was too demanding.

Just understand that some people are dyslexic. They have problems with literacy etc. You may not discover them immediately. I usually have problems with sentences but not so often now because I've learnt for the past years (English is not my first language, but it is my preferred language). I'm sure I don't have to explain to you what dyslexia does to a person-- while at the same time they shouldn't be joining an RP that cares about its contents in the first place.

So how is everbody thinking about the relationships?

How do you think karou would like her roommates?

Well, she's really shy so she'll be hesitant to speak to them at first.

Yeah, I do realize some people have dyslexia and have rped with them before. When I ask about those sorts of things, they alert me to their condition and I give them a free pass for it. Those people I used for examples just blew up in my face, called me a hypocrite (even though I triple-check my posts for errors and edit them if I happened to miss one), and compared me to actual nazis. If they were dyslexic or anything like that, they made no attempt to let me know.

And I never kick someone out for these sorts of errors. I ask them if it's possible to watch out for them.

And the relationship things only apply to those who've been at the academy a long time. Karou is going to be starting her first day at the start of the rp, so it doesn't apply to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.