Oriens Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, it would ve violet and nix, i forgot she was a female lol.

So i think the school should have a magical battier protecting it, maybe a forest and lake inside the baarier? Also kids that been at the school a long time should have some short of prevalence, like special classes, or something.

If the academy has a barrier then it would limit the boundaries in which things happen. Although I'm fine with the idea, there isn't a lot of air space that flyers can fly in.

Its truelly up to the gm, i dont know, maybe the barrier is a bad idea.

An idea that could be used is having the academt located in a remote area or an isolated area.

Well, the academy was (from my memory) located in/at some mountains. It is someplace far from regular humans, at the very least.

Ah yes true that. Isolated along the mountains is pretty good.

Well i was more worried about other things like, monsters, creatures and other mythical beings.

So far with rooms, from what I can understand.

formed rooms:

??Violet and Nix?? ??Open for another??
Johan with Riff and Vash
Nalin alone.
Ame alone.
Tadhg alone.

Unassigned characters:

Lilith "Bunny" Mills -
Cordelia Connors -
Bliss Jackson -
Cecelia "Cece" Garron -
Karou Thiago -
Amelie Kezia Brightsea -

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont care if violet haves another roommate, its up to the other

*sips coffee*

EDIT:

I nearly made a copy character from Guilty Crown... I recently finished watching it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kezia Brightsea Accepted.

@VKAllen Accepted though, like with all mind powers, "Cupid's Arrow" and "Eternal Contract" should need the rper's permission before being used on their characters. Though I do wonder if "Cupid's Arrow" would work if they were already in love with someone else.

Now on to the business of the school. And I must applaud you, @Deviant Gentleman , for being concerned with the school itself. Things like that tend to bother me as well, but in my experience, people tend to b**** at me for asking questions like "How are the dorms set up?" or "How is it possible to have a 'swamp' room on the second floor of a building? Or even at all?" or "Where is the headmaster and why hasn't he shown himself despite the fact that the three kids have died within the school building?" But I would be more than happy to answer your questions.

*Takes in a deep breath*

First of all, much of the school buildings are modeled after old British architecture, like the Rochdale Town Hall and Balmoral Hotel. Lot of stone buildings, rectangular towers, columns and archways.

The main school building, Minerva Hall, located approximately at the center of the grounds, has six floors. The first floor houses the admissions office, the mailing office (where students can send and receive mail), main dining hall, academics office (for adding/dropping classes and such) and the rooms used for the student council and student disciplinary squad. Floors 2-4 have a combined total of 40 large lecture hall style classrooms, numbered by "floor"-"room number". These are for your general education classes (such as math and english) as well as the more theory oriented combat classes (such as magic or war tactics). From 3PM to 9PM, any classroom not in use by an actual class is open for students to use as clubrooms. On the 5th floor are a variety for smaller classrooms for one on one lessons or tutoring, as well as supply closets. The sixth floor has the Headmaster's office, teacher offices and the "Detention Room".

The Detention Room is for students who have students who have either killed another student, harmed a non-student (a civilian or guest), or proved to be a large threat to the school or students. All cases of such shall be investigated to see if there was appropriate reason for such actions. Inside is a "limbo" of sorts. It is dark, silent and cold, with no way to indicate location or time, and nullified any abilities and magic.

The second school building is Mars Hall, a 3 story building located southwest of the main school building. The first floor is a recreational area, with a pool and various rooms for exercise purposes (weight rooms and such). The second and third floors have 4 training rooms each, used for more action oriented classes (such as hand-to-hand combat and archery), and a closet of mock weapons used for practice (bamboo swords and such). Real weapons are only used for advanced classes and are to only be used under supervision.

Next to Mars Hall is Nike Stadium, used for school sporting events, tournaments and important assemblies where the entire school is involved.

West of Minerva are the Ceres Greenhouse and Prosperina Gardens. Mercury Infirmary is just a bit south of there.

Okay, the student dormitory is a pair of adjacent towers northeast of the Minerva Hall, Apollo and Artemis Tower, 23 floors each (yes, there is an elevator), that had been combined into a single tower about 15 years ago when a student fight wiped out most of the 13th floor in both towers. The first floor has a large common area, 2 kitchens, and media room. Floors 2-16 consist of 2 long hallways with 2 small connecting hallways at each end of the building. These floors have 12 group rooms (capable of housing up to 4 students) and 4 single rooms (one for each corner of the floor). Floors 19-23 were only added 6 years ago, and make up smaller separate towers on top of the dorm. These floors only have 2 single rooms and 4 group rooms a floor. Each floor has 2 large public bathrooms/showers (one for boys and one for girls).

Students are allowed a small fridge and microwave in their rooms. Electric kettles are also fine, but any other kitchen appliances are forbidden. Students are also allowed to decorate their room how they want as long as it does not require construction on them or building. The last part hadn't been added until last year when a student decided she wanted a skylight despite living on the 7th floor. Small pets are allowed as long as the owner can keep them quiet after curfew and tidy up after them.

Staff live in Juno House, located west of Apollo and Artemis Tower. It has 12 floors with 6 suites each floor except for the 1st. Each suite has its own bathroom and small kitchen area.

~~~~~

Students and staff can eat at the main dining hall in Minerva hall. Staff can make use of the kitchens in their rooms and students can use the kitchens in the dorm or heat up some stuff in their room. There is also a coffee shop by Prosperina Gardens and various vending machines sprinkled throughout the campus.

~~~~~

I have yet to decide how easy it'll be to go to the outside world.

~~~~~

Mel would definitely be in a single room. I was originally planning to have Riff and Vash room together, but I'd be willing to have Johan join them. Lilith could have a roommate though.

@AMDreams Understood and thank you for the prompt approval. Cupid's Arrow affects both males and females regardless of their relationship status. The effect as stated, is only effective when in direct eye contact.

It's nice getting some official statements about the school. It would make sense for Riff and Vash to be in the same room, but it would be boring if it was only them. There are only three male characters who's going to be in group rooms, so we could just add Johan to Riff and Vash's room and that problem is solved.

I was actually willing to separate them if need be. Hm, maybe I should wait until the whole rooming thing is decided before I start the ic thread. We do need more guys, don't we?

Hm . . . okay then. For now . . . .

NO MORE FEMALE CHARACTERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.