Open Pandora's Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rune looked at what she was holding. "What is that you got there and what sort of magic is it?" Rune asked confused looking at her cell. "Also what makes you think he still there?" Rune looks at her

Kurureenu stared at him when he asked about her cell phone. "It's... It's a phone, Rune. It's how we contact people from long distances. Also how we get information now, too," she explained carefully. "Also, even if he isn't there, we can bust in there and find out where he could be. I'm sure there would be some kind of paper trail for him."

She shoved her phone back into her pocket glancing around her. "Right, that place," she murmured walking over toward a close-by shoe store and taking off one of her heels to break the glass even more. "I'm getting tennis shoes." She walked inside, disappearing into the now dark store for a few moments before returning with the desired wear. "Now I'm ready to start slaughtering some bad guys."

Rune watched her and waited. "You ready now Ku?" he asked as he seeing her shoes. "I miss my hooves mad running easier and faster" he sighed as he begins to walk towards the way Ku pointed as he walked a fire ball blasted right in front of him sending him flying into a car. "God dammit what hit me?"

Kurureenu stared at him for a moment when he mentioned 'hooves'. "You can't actually be serious," she muttered, following behind him as he started to walk in the direction she pointed in. She saw the fireball before it hit, ducking down and sheilding her head while Rune was blown away. The woman fell to her knees, the blast taking her by surprise.

In all honesty... It scared her. Why was she even doing this? Waving around a sword and following after an ex that has clearly gone crazy. What sense of heroics was she going for this time?

"Rune...!" she choked out, the smoke beginning to clear a bit. "What was that?"

Rune got off the car as he brushed off the dust as he heard hissing. "It's a Salamander" he looked around seeing what looked like four molten giant lizards the size of a car. "Ok it's a group of them this must be there hunting ground make sure they don't touch you or they'll melt your flesh" Rune looked at Ku. "You think you can use some magic?" the Salamanders hissed as they started surrounding them lava dripping from there mouths melting the road

Kurureenu looked up, seeing the glow of the salamanders as the slowly made their way toward them. She slowly got up, the bravery she had before suddenly gone. "I... I don't know how to use magic..." she whispered, watching as they began to surround them. "I don't know about this 'past life' you're talking about... I don't know anything."

The woman shook her head, feeling suddenly smaller now. Her confidence melting away. "Why is it, when I'm with you, I always make shitty choices? I shouldn't be here! I should be with Liev! I should be fighting for a future with him!" Her grip tightened on her sword raising it in front of her in a defensive way. "I'm not the 'Kurureenu' that you keep talking about. I'm a whole different breed than what you keep describing to me, Rune. Don't compare me anymore!"

A Salamander hisses as it leaps at Ku. "Ku no" Rune ran in front of it taking the bit as he wraps his arms around the over grown lizard. "I won't lose Ku again I don't care if your different or love someone else your still Kurureenu the women I once loved and married " Rune rage filled up as he started to change his feet turning to hooves horns coming out of his head and his body got bigger as he tossed the lizard against a car his body burned. "Now who next to die by my hands" he roared

Kurureenu gasped, falling back as the salamander leaped at her. She was ready to feel the heat of her demise until she noticed Rune standing between she and the monster, holding onto it. The woman watched as he began to change, hooves and horns starting to make an appearance. She gasped, scooting away from him before realizing, from the steaming burn of the hiss behind her, she was right next to another salamander.

As if by instinct, she raised her sword, jabbing it over her shoulder and into the salamander's face, hearing a loud and pained screech escape from the creature as it began to struggle and panic. Kurureenu was struggling to her onto her feet, panic tearing through her, too.

"I'm scared!" she cried out, tears running down her cheeks and face.

Rune walks up to Ku looking down at her as he pulls her close with one hand hugging her. "After this I'll take you back to your loved one and I'll go alone Ku I'm sorry for causing you this much pain and fear" Rune lets her go and pats her on the head as he looks at the three remaining monsters as tears run down his face as rage came to his face. "I'm alone again" he spoke softly to himself as the last remaining three jump at Rune as he blocked all three with his ax he started to speak a chant as his black gem glowed it sent a pulse through the monster causing there body's to be ripped in to pieces

Kurureenu watched as Rune approached her, scared to touch him. After he picked her up and hugged her, she calmed a bit. The warmth of it seemed to help a bit with the fear that she was feeling. Her eyes followed him as he turned away, watching as he began to chant. While it scared her to even be familiar with this creature, she also wished that she remembered a bit of her past life, too. Instead, the idea of it being revealed to her made her head ache more.

Once the monsters were dealt with, having fell into pieces from the power of Rune's spell, she quickly turned toward where the monster she stabbed her sword into was.

"Hoshinko," she called, running over to the gold and silver sword and carefully picking it up. She was surprised that the metal didn't retain a lot of heat. Not only that, but the sword was still intact from being thrust inside a lava being. "If we go to the stadium, we might find Liev."

"I'll take you there Ku, but after that I'm going after the box and Arron I caused this and I have to stop it" he smiles weakly as he fell to his knee. "That spell takes so much energy lets get going" he slowly turned back to human as his shirt was ripped and his chest was still burned. "So witch way Ku?"

Kurureenu glanced around her, seeing the round top of the stadium in the distance. "It's over there," she pointed out, leading the way. "Let's go... before anything else tries to attack."

The woman began to lead the way to the stadium, glancing back at Rune every now and then. She sensed his distress. Even so, it wasn't her concern. At least... Not anymore, it's not. Her gaze went back to their destination, seeing the entrance start to come into view.

"Oh my gosh... I see him," she whispered, seeing Liev guiding people into the safe area. "Liev!"

Rune saw her run towards the man as he sighed. "Now to find Arron" he turns around and walks off. "The Kurureenu I knew is lost this Ku has some one she cares about and doesn't need to get caught up in our past" he keeps walking as it starts to turn into a run as he begins to change again.

Arron stop sense Rune blast attack as he smiles. "Yes he regaining his true powers again and then I'll kill him and then Ku" Arron laughed as he started to go where he sensed Rune

Liev turned his attention to Kurureenu, seeing her begin to run over to him. The man smiled, starting to approach her to. It was supposed to be a happy reunion, two people who really loved each other meeting again, alive and well. Embracing with tears of joy for each others safety. Happy and thankful that the other returned.

In a single moment, like in the Biblical story of the salt pillars, Kurureenu glanced back. Rune was gone, but it didn't stop the distress that occurred in front of her. Her eyes went back in time to see Liev collapse. Above him, standing large and tall, was a terrifying creature. The head looked human, but the body sleeked into the form of a lion, looking large and proud while it's scorpion tail flicked back into place. Blood still remained on the tip, dripping and staining the ground underneath it.

In such a short amount of time, in just a flicker, Liev was...

Kurureenu screamed, pain and rage and sorrow ripping through her. The dull ache in her head became sharp and stinging as the wall that had been unknowingly built for years of glimpses and questions finally tore itself down. Memories flooded into her, the pain and rage and sorrow from her past self mixing together with the sheer grief that she felt in that very moment.

And then light. From head to toe, shining brightly. The screaming had ceased as, all of a sudden, the light blurred across the pavement, sword slicing downward and through the neck and spine of the creature. The light stood above the creature, seething as tears flowed down her cheeks. She remembered now... The element she controlled, the life that she had before. Just as painful as the life she was living now. The life that she was making better for herself before... before...

"Liev..." she choked out, falling to her knees.

"Well well Kurureenu I see you got it all back" Arron spoke slowly coming out of the ashes. "So you remember me now?" he asked smirking still in his human from wearing a new suit. "It's been a long time oh and no bull to teleport me away from you" he begins to laugh.

Rune stopped as if someone calling for him. "Kurureenu" he saw the flash of light coming where he last saw Ku

The voice.... She remembered that voice now. The woman stood back up, turning a rage-filled gaze toward the man. "You..." she sneered angrily, gripping her sword tighter. "You did this... To me... Both times... You ruined everything!" She began to shake from the pure anger she felt, her eyes still wet with her grief.

"Can't you just live on and be happy with just life? Do you seriously have to gain control of every living aspect of your own life and others? Isn't there something else out there that you should be living for other than this?" she questioned, gesturing to the destruction. "Is the revenge you want to take against Rune and I so important to you that you have to do this? We never even met until today and I didn't do anything wrong! Can't the past stay in the past!"

Her emotions were haywire, the light not diminishing one bit as she shook her head. "Liev didn't... He didn't have to..." She choked out a sob. "I loved him... I still do love him. We had a future!"

Arron took of his shirt showing the scars. "All I know is the pain of losing to you and that god dam bull it has eaten at my soul my life if all I can get is kill you two or seeing you two suffer so be it" he sneers rage building up as he turns into his demon from and charges at Ku. "But I rather kill you and show that Bull your fucking corpse" Arron charged at Ku as soon as he was going to try to punch through her his fist was stop by Rune and his ax.

"Get away from Ku" Rune sneered as he was about to swipe him Arron jumps back.

"So be it," was going to be her final thought as Arron had begun to charge at her. The pain was just too much, anyway. Just as she was about ready to have her final moments, almost wishing for them, everything seemed to slow down. She opened her eyes to see Rune, ax and all, standing in front of her, guarding her.

Another sob ripped through her as she collapsed to her knees again. The power that felt so strong and coursing through her veins starting to ebb away at her energy. Her hand searched for Liev, soon finding the still body and slowly bringing herself closer to it. She dared not look, though, her eyes cast upon Rune. The fiery ambition his eyes held, just like way back when. She tightened her grip on Liev.

"You..." she attempted, her voice now starting to fail her. The memories, the magic, Liev... Everything was starting to become too much for her. So much, it silenced her and began to weaken her. "I need... to control... this..." Even her thoughts struggled to stay on par with her usual train. "Rune..."

Rune looked down at Ku seeing the man as he knees down and pats her head. "It's all right I'm here" Rune smiles as tears run down his eyes then he stood up and whipped them turning his gaze at Arron glaring him down. "Attack a women Arron you haven't changed at all" Rune gets ready for Arron

Arron didn't speak as he charged at Rune full speed as Rune charged at him. Rune dropped the ax and met Arron's fist with his own both where bleeding

Kurureenu watched as the shark and the bull started their fight. The light was slowly starting to die away as she attempted to calm herself down. Her hand was still tightly embraced in Liev's, the warmth slowly fading away from the appendage.

It was in this process that a thought came to her. Something she saw weeks ago... she complained about it to Liev and they discussed it. She slowly started to get to her feet, but not without leaving a tender kiss on her beloved's cheek. The woman was standing, the effort having tugged at her muscles with more fatigue.

"He has a weakness, Rune," she choked out quietly, her voice still not operating from the screaming she had done. The effort brought her into a coughing fit, a hand on her chest as if to support the effort. "Arron has a weakness!" she cried out.

Status
Not open for further replies.