One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyy shrugs. "Hoping for a clue to my grandfather's whereabouts. I don't expect any but still." He holds Hokkuroku Shimon close.

Angel stood near her and tried to look around, hoping his eyes would adjust to the darkness. he picked up a rock and threw it in front of them. It flew for 7 seconds, then hit the wall. "There's a wall ahead, 20 feet away." He picked up another and threw it to the right. It went for a lot longer than the other and tumbled to the ground. "There's a tunnel to our right. Not sure how far it goes, but farther than 30 feet."

Lorcana thought for a moment before looking back up to the hole they had fallen through. It was so far away... She clicked her tongue and grabbed the sleeve of her partner. "It'll be troublesome if we get separated. Wouldn't want to get lost down here by yourself with no way out. Hopefully there is one though and perhaps we won't be leaving empty handed." It was a hidden path with many tunnels anyone could get lost in. Where better to hide a valuable treasure? She walked to the right with one hand out to feel for the wall. Today was becoming more and more interesting.

Marine Ship, midnightblue
The shadow whined as it followed the marine ship. It was a low soft sound, and one that was unmistakably sad. A Marine on watch on the rear deck heard it and called to his companions. Soon enough there was a group of marines at the aft of the ship, all listening intently and peering into the water, trying to figure out what it could be. One ran to find the Captain.

Andesite Island, springgreen

Emrik nodded at his crew. "Sounds like a plan to me. Everybody meet back here by sunset. We'll share our reports over dinner. Dismissed." And pulling on his coat to cover his tattoo Emrik strolled away down the beach towards the town.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lusterless Nova
"Aye aye, captain!" Lorelei saluted before going to grab the tools from the cargo hold. As she walked down, she looked over at Sebastian. "Guess we're stuck on the boat together. If you need me, I'm going to be sanding out a few dents." The fishwoman tapped the floor before sneaking down. Brushing her hair out of her face, Lorelei searched the cargo for shipwright tools. What she found was disappointing. There was almost nothing to help keep this ship up to snuff. This would definitely have to change when she went into town. Especially if she wanted to do half the repairs she wanted to do.

Julius gave a shrug. He didn't know anything about the Doctor but he definitely didn't expect the man to find anything about his grandfather there, or really anywhere that wasn't directly connected to his relative.

"Well I intend to move out now," he said, shouldering his bag. "I'll keep to the ground so you can keep up."

Giving a quick check to his equipment, he followed Emrik off the ship but headed towards the volcano instead.

The food was mostly done, and just when Caim was about to call everyone, a marine came in and told him about the sounds. Caim told him to take care of the rest and walked to the rear of the ship. After making his way past the others, he listened to the sounds of the big creature. Everyone could tell that these sounds were sad, and chatter about this matter began among everone.

Caim wanted to get to Andesite ASAP but... This was unusual. Creatures this big never came so close to humans, and if they did, there was a very good reason for that. He took a look around and spotted a marine with swimming goggles, which he took from him with a simple "Borrow me these for a minute." and jumped into the water. Caim couldn't speak with the creature, but he could at least take a look at it. At first he kept his distance to it, but he came closer and closer to it, hoping to find out what was wrong with it.

Reactions: - Falcon -
~~~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~~~

An unexpected guest

Aurelia was just glad that she was on a ship which had some sort of security. It was a marine corvette, brimming with marines. At the very least, if they were attacked, it wasn't going to be just her fighting. Currently, Aurelia was sitting on the staircase of the ship, gazing out beyond the hand railing and enjoying the melodic bobbing of the waves until the sound of splashing water on hull was broken by a souful mourning of a giant whale. Numerous marines came bounding from all directions towards the back of the corvette before Captain Caim came out. Aurelia followed after the stiff Captain and within a minute, proceeded to jump into the water and swam towards the whale. It wasn't something she would do. She was, first of all, a hammer and secondly, god knows what else is in the water. Whatever the case, the Captain seemed confident in his abilities inside water, so Aurelia continued to watch. Turning to a marine, she asked the young man a quick question.

"So... your captain always this reckless?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lusterless Nova
Kyy nods at the Captain's instructions. He looks to Juliu and nods. "Okay, sounds good." He leans his spear on his shoulder and walks off the boat with Julius. "So... Going by the comment of keeping to the ground, I'm assuming you ate a devil fruit? Which one if you don't mind my asking?"

Marine Ship, midnightblue

As Caim dove under the water and swam closer to examine the creature whose long shadow had been seen shadowing the ship, it would quickly become apparent that the creature was not in fact a whale, as some aboard had speculated from the sound, but a very young Sea King. Bearing the head of a white cow, and the fins of a seal, the animal was at least half the length of the ship and not even a quarter grown at that. Looking back Caim would be able to see how the underside of the Marine ship might look like the belly of another Sea King to one so young.

The reason for the baby's crying would also be easily apparent through the dark ocean water as Caim swam close enough. It's fins and tail were wrapped up in a slew of fisherman's nets. While free enough to swim, the nets had wrapped around the poor things' body so tightly in some places that the ropes were cutting into its skin.​

"The Hyoo-Hyoo no mi. It lets me create and control wind as well as the various aspects of it. I can use it to fly but that's really just because I have such a light frame. Or it could have made my bones hollow like a bird's for all I know. Makes travel easy no matter how I do it. Overland, I can avoid obstacles. Overseas I always have a tailwind. I'm the reason we got here as quick as we did."

The marine Aurelia talked to happened to be one of the marines that Caim himself chose. He nodded to her before speaking.
"He tends to be like this. You'll get used to it... eventually."

While inspecting the creature, Caim couldn't believe his eyes as he was able to tell what it was. A real sea king. Judging by its size, he guessed that it was a young one. While wondering how this creature got here, he saw that some parts of it caught some fisher nets. Damn they looked tight. Considering how big this sea king was, baby or not, it would probably be a bad idea to use his sword to cut it free. Caim swam to the surface and called out for the marines watching him.
"Hey. Get me a sharp knife or something similar. I have to cut down some nets."

((That's your call Tipysnaruto.))

~~~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~~~

Showing one's hand

"Hey. Get me a sharp knife or something similar. I have to cut down some nets."

All the marines around her began patting themselves down for a pocket knife or something sharp for their captain, but none availed. Aurelia found that a bit odd for sailors, but perhaps it was just some unfortunate coincidence. She herself doesnt have a knife on her per se, but with her powers, making a sharp shank would be as easy as breathing, but she didnt want to use her power willy nilly unless absolutely necessary.

"Anyone got a knife? I left mine on the bench"

"Damn, mine's at the top of the nest"

Given the captain's rather stern nature, it was obvious that the longer the marines took to get a knife the worse shouting they were going to get. Something along the lines of always being prepared or something like that. Releasing another stream of smoke from her nostrils, Aurelia pushed her way to the forefront of the group while tilting her neck to the side and, disturbingly to the marines, dug a right hand into her neck.

"Move aside"

From her neck, a fully forged dagger was pulled out, still glowing slightly orange from the heat of her ability. Of course, there was no hilt wrapping of any sort, but the good captain was going to ahve to live with that.

"Captain Caim. Catch!"

The throw was going to be slightly shorter than where the captain was. After all, Aurelia didnt want to risk the off chance of Caim not catching the blade and instead, has it embedded into his chest.

Andesite Island - The Black Moon Pirates on the Island, springgreen
As his crew explored the island, Black Moon Emrik explored the town. He kept his face hidden, and stayed out of the way of the marines who were swarming the place, but sighed in relief when he realized they were not looking for him. They would have to be careful here.

He didn't stay long, maybe an hour, but when he headed back he had all the information he needed to know when they best time to go back was if they needed more supplies, and they if they could avoid it they probably shouldn't go back at all.

He spent the rest of the afternoon helping his crew with whatever tasks they were doing, where he could actually be useful, and when the others returned he was more than willing to listen to any stories they wanted to share.
The Blackjack, red
The Blackjack made good time to Andesite. The wind was in their favor and they had found a good current. They arrived with the evening tide, just in time to get dinner from the tavern if they so desired, and a marine had met them with a message that the captain of the base would like to meet with Requiem and hear his report at his earliest convenience.
Andesite Island - Cassiopeia's Escape, springgreen
Ensign Rooke made it to the warehouse and ordered it surrounded by a contingent of marines in good time. They knew their target was in there, but when the swarmed the place there was nothing and no one to be found aside from a trail of blood that led to a ladder to the roof, and an open hatch. When they reached the roof there was no one there, and the blood trail abruptly ended as if the wound had been wrapped. The marines were understandable frustrated. They had been so close.

Cassiopeia and Morla had successfully gotten away. On the roof they had found a a hidden stash of medical supplies. The stash belonged to Jacobs, but they didn't know that, and it was what they needed at the moment. Her injuries taken care of quickly so they wouldn't leave any more of a trail, the two found their way down and around the marines as they circled the building, before making their way carefully through town. They were lucky enough to find a safe place to hide for the night.
The Marine Ship, midnightblue

The little baby sea king was ecstatic to be free. It also showed a high degree of intelligence. Once Caim had cut the ropes, the animal had dove after them as Caim climbed back aboard. Slipping his head through a large loop and his front fins through two smaller ones, like a harness, It then rose out of the water and dropped the loose ends on the deck of the marine ship. Its meaning was clear.

The marines scurried to tie the ends of the rope securely to the bow of their ship and the Baby sea king hauled them against wind and across conflicting currents towards their destination at twice the speed they had been traveling.​
Andesite Island - Exploring the Caves, springgreen
Lorcana and Angel were fortunate enough to be going towards one of the few exits from Andesite's underground cave system. After about fifteen minutes they were able to see daylight, and another twenty minutes later they were stepping out of the mouth of a cave to loot down at the town below them. It would be a long trek through the jungle to get back, but they would make it just as the sun set.

Still, the day had not been wasted. Lorcana had found proof that what she was looking for might very well be on this island. Now she just had to figure out a way to get at it . . . and who else she trusted to help her aside from Angel.

[bg=seashell]
Evening Edition
An Update of Events on Andesite Island

Citizen's
can rest assured that their sheriff and his deputies are doing everything they can to apprehend the criminal responsible for this heinous murder. Not only has our local marine Outpost put their Best and brightest on the trail of the murderer as well, but we have received word via the Coo Network that marine base 13 is sending what men they can spare just to insure that this is not related to the disaster that occurred there yesterday.

It is advised that all remain in their homes, or at least in town, and re a cooperative as possible so that we can get this resolved quickly.
We also ask that those who must venture into the jungle stay away from the caves. A party was seen exiting the system yesterday, and it is believes that the person responsible for the murder may be hiding there.

Thank you
[/bg]

The Next Morning

They had been traveling through the night, But the little baby sea king had done it. The creature had brought the Marines to Andesite Island. One he was free, and presumably had swam away, the Marine ship was free to enter the port of Andesite's main town.

From the railing of the Striker Emrik watched it come in through his spyglass.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Reimu...

The Lieutenant left her current sleeping quarters as she stepped onto the deck of the Striker. She spotted Emrik and approached beside him, looking seaward with narrowed eyes as her crimson-pink hair flowed in the gentle sea breeze,

"They've already arrived, haven't they.. Our time's running a bit shorter than we'd like, I would think.."

She sighs out and turns, royal blue eyes shimmering as she crosses her arms. More reason not to enter the town herself, atleast not like this. She agreed to become a hostage to these pirates to ensure Brito's safety. Despite seeming to open up to the fish woman, Lorelei, she was still a Marine among a band of pirates. She will need to leave them soon, and in doing that, leave Brito. She had made her decision when she left that cell, and Reimu made her own decision to see that she lived, even if they were to become enemies next they meet.

Without much word after listening to what Emrik might say, she leaves back down to within the ship, to where Brito was within. Entering the room and shutting the door, the young woman looked to her former Captain with softened eyes as her lips remained rigidly neutral. The next they meet, they'd be enemies.. It left a bitter taste in her mouth, but Reimu came to accept that, as she knew so did Brito.

It was morning now. The waves were random and gentle as usual and a small boat seemed to drift closer to shore at Andesite. The boat looked like it'd accommodate a small group of atleast four-five people, but only one figure seemed to be aboard it at the time. He wore a long, black coat and flat, silver hair laid across his upper back. The sail upon the ship looked to have a diagonal slash through it, a small black flag on the mast, atleast what remained of it. The edge of a white bone could be seen upon the black, the rest torn. A couple barrels were on the deck of it and both were open, nearly empty as one was down on its side, fruit remaining. The man stood calmly with his back turned, a sword glimmering in the sunlight within his grasp, bandages wrapped around his left hand. In his right, a fruit was half-eaten and he was now looking land-ward.

"So.. This is where I dock next. Pheh, this boat was a waste of my time, but whatever.. Bounty won't mean jack that low. If they've got marines here, they'll find them themselves."

The man turned around as his face came into view, his eyes were ice blue and his expression seemed equally cold, smiling widely. Upon closer inspection, the boat wasn't in great shape and fighting was clearly apparant. Though.. For experienced eyes, the scars upon the ship seemed one-sided, dried blood looking to be dragged inward into the ship; not much, but noticeable enough. The man takes hold of a knife jarred into the wood and approaches the small mast, he pulls out roll of paper and stabs it against the mast. It was a bounty with a picture of three men with their names, crimes and bounties listed. It wasn't much, but for those that ever looked around the ship would find a surprise about it, particularly for the Marines. With the ship in port, the man already leaves without a word almost as if he never boarded it in the first place, the little boat just floating there silently. If word got out, they'd eventually know a Hunter has come to the town; his mark had been made clear of the bodies within the ship and the paper stuck to the mast.

With each second passing, Caim had better and better ideas of what to do with the bunch of marines without a single damn knife. True, not every sailor had to have one on a ship full of others, but there will be punishment for this once he had the time for it.
When Aurelia tossed a knife to him, he swam down after it, cut the sea king free with it, ((and the rest was pretty much explained so i'll skip my version))

Arriving at Andesite, Caim headed for one of the crescent ends of the unusual shaped island. He hasn't been here yet, but thanks to some reports and documents, he was aware that there was a small marine outpost. The island's harbor was also there, so at least he wouldn't had to worry about the ship. After the ship arrived at the harbor, Caim instructed his crew to watch the ship. Usual marines had no chance against the Black moon Pirates, a fact that he learned when seeing them clash weapons. The only ones that he didn't order to stay at the harbor were Aurelia and Lex.

Lex was free to leave since he was probably having his own business. Aurelia however wasn't given that freedom. Caim made her follow him for a few steps until the others couldn't hear them anymore.
"So. Care to tell me where you will go now?"
He planned to keep an eye on her since he didn't knew anything about her. What he did know was that there was something suspicious about her, aside from her strange ability.

Cassiopeia stirred in her sleep.

Her closed eyes were squinted and tight, unmoving in the passion of their owner. Her small, chapped lips were snarled before they slowly reverted back into a neutral position. Though her face looked angry to the point of sure action, Cassiopeia's long body lied still on the tree branch, with her arms folded carefully over her chest to make sure they wouldn't dangle over the edge of the bark. If her face wasn't so contorted, if her dreams weren't so violent, she would have looked peaceful. But Cassiopeia had lost her peace a long time ago, and Morla doubted the woman would ever get it back.

"Ssss…" The old, tired snake sighed a moment before she had even realized what she was done. She was too happy around Cassiopeia, but it couldn't have been prevented. Cassiopeia brought joy to Morla without the python even asking for it. So regardless of the Amazon's descent into cannibalism and her rebellious attitude, Morla was pulled towards Cassiopeia, and found the desire to protect her however she could.

Unless of course she stepped out of line and disrespected Morla. Then she would have to die.

"M...Morla?" Cassiopeia murmured with a drowsy whisper. She was almost about to wake herself up, but after she called for her mentor's name, her breath dropped again and her mind slipped back into it's prison of dreams.

Conscious or not of the consequences, Cassiopeia held Morla in high regard. She knew her limits and she never tried to push Morla, which made the white python love Cassiopeia that much more.

"If I didn't know any better…"

Morla paused and her head turned to some nearby bushes that rustled far too much for a mere rabbit. Her body coiled tightly upon itself as Morla waited for one more sign, one more false move to prove her suspicions. When she saw the brief gleam of the sun's rays hitting metal, she propelled herself so far from the branch, she was almost like a bullet. When she felt skin, her body wrapped around the man's body instantly, forcing his arms against his chest, gun in hand and all. But this one was different from the others, he was stronger and his body was fairly large. Instead of succumbing to death like the other marines before him did, he fought against Morla and was breaking out of her grasp. Morla's heart was beating fast in the struggle, as she had not expected him to be so powerful. She feared he would break out and run to alert the other marines where the two had been hiding, or worse yet, kill her and Cassiopeia. And though that was the motivation for Morla to fight with all of her strength, the marine was still too strong.

But before he could break through, a bare foot came flying down on his thick neck, bending it all the way back to the bridge of his shoulder blades and killing him almost instantly. Morla released his limp body and breathed deeply to catch her breath. That was too close.

"You could have shouted to wake me up. I can hear you know." Cassiopeia tapped Morla's body to get the python to look at her before she spoke. Her nude body was half lit by a ray of sun, while from the waist down it was darkened with the shade of the thick canopy above her. Morla blinked several times to clear her tired eyes and to make sure Cassiopeia still had legs, for in the shade they looked like they had come together as one.

"I could not. Ever since I killed the first marine, they have been sending more into the forest. I fear there are still more to come." Morla looked around the forest to see if she could find any more unusual movements. When she was satisfied with it's stillness, she turned to face Cassiopeia. "We must move again. The forest is no longer safe for us. Put on this man's clothes while I go get some more herbs for our wounds." Morla left without waiting for Cassiopeia to respond. She was still on edge by the whole ordeal.

Last night they barely escaped the city from the rooftops and had to flee to the woods. The thick shrubs and vines around the outskirts of the forest was uninviting for any stranger to wildlife, but Cassiopeia and Morla had lived on Amazon Lily, and their surroundings was nothing but. They were able to scale the trees without much difficulty and found a spot to rest. Cassiopeia took the first shift, since Morla's eyes were less efficient at night.

In the early morning when their shifts switched, some marines were able to traverse deep into the forest, and few were unlucky enough to find the very tree the two were hiding in. Morla was able to catch them by surprise with her speed and kill them swiftly, and ever since then, more came to investigate for their missing soldiers.

She had slept, but not enough to be prepared for such an intense lookout. And after her moment with sleeping Cassiopeia was interrupted, she was down right irritable. The next person coming after their heads would suffer. Morla would see to it.

Kyy looks at Emrik. "Captain, Il go to town and see if I can't overhear any information." He brings his spear with him.

After the previous day, turning up with no results, Rooke returned back to the Marine Base, understandably frustrated. After reporting to Nesmath, he went straight to his quarters. Sleep didn't come easily for him that night, in fact it didn't come at all. After laying in bed for hours, staring at the ceiling, frustrated with himself. Seeing as how that wasn't getting him anywhere, Arvand headed out for the forest as he usually did to train in private. The forest was a dense, uninhabited place where no one ever went, the only thing there were dangerous wild animals, which he personally used as training. It was the perfect place to use his ability. Rooke, never went out of his way keep his devil fruit ability a secret, but it made him self conscious of his ability, so he avoided flaunting it. He was currently unaware of the island wide patrol for the murderer, having skipped the paper entirely that morning. Walking through the forest until he found a suitable clearing among the dense trees, he gave a nervous look around before beginning.

He was now currently using his devil fruit ability, treating his clones as sparring partners, taking each down one by one. "Round 52!" Each word was punctuated with a breath of air. His clone charged him, right fist raised to deliver a strong punch right to his face. The clone only made it a few steps before being stopped by a brutal dropkick to its face, sending him careening into a tree, before disappearing. Taking a break, he sat down, leaning his back against a nearby tree. Arvand's mind drifted back to the night before, thinking of ways he could have captured the murderer.

A whole building surrounded by marines, and the killer still got away. I managed to assemble a small squad in a decent time . . . but what if I just went by myself . . . maybe I could ha-
Thoughts of the victims partially eaten body came back to him, "You might be dead right now too." The words came to his lips unprovoked, putting him into a thoughtful silence. Stretching he got up from his position, the Shichibukai was scheduled to meet with Captain Nesmath later that day, and he wanted to be there to see him up close. He walked through the forest without a word, silent lost in thought, as he mindlessly trudged on in a seemingly random direction. Until a voice pulled him out of his thoughts. Looking around he didn't notice anything through the trees at first, but then he could have sworn he saw something in far off move. Creeping up as quietly as he can he slowly closed the distance between himself and the voice, still a ways away, he could make out a LARGE snake slithering away farther into the forest. Coming steadily closer Rooke, began to make out something on the floor. Then he finally realized what it was, a body.

That's what the voice must have been, they could still be alive!

" Are you okay!"
he called out, now noisily sprinting towards the body. But it was too late, now looking directly over him it was obvious the man was dead. His neck was bent at a terrible angle, looking at his face it struck him. He knew this man, he was a fellow marine! He vaguely remembered his name, Jacobs, or Jackson. But what was he doing out here? "They're scouting for the murderer.", finishing his thought out loud, thoughts racing a picture began to form. A normal snake, especially one of that size would have eaten the body. Then the original headlines for the murder came back.

Murder committed, suspect unknown.

Be advised the individual in question may have a devil fruit ability or some sort of predatory, exotic pet.

"The killer . . .", Whoever did this just missed him, and was getting away right now. This was his chance! But the image came back, the victims face, whoever this was strong, probably stronger than him, and reinforcements wouldn't get here in time. But he couldn't lose, wouldn't lose. Leaving a clone with the order to carry the Jacob/Jackson to the marine base, and call for reinforcements. Blood pumping, steeling his nerves, he sprinted through the brush with a shout, "WANT A NEW VICTIM? HERE I AM!"

. . . Goodbye world.

Last edited by a moderator:
~~~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~~~

Drifting about...

The sea king seemed exceptionally grateful for the captain's assistance. So much so, it decided to give the corvette a pull, looping itself with rope and presenting the other end to the marines. Aurelia thought it was such a darling little thing... as little as sea kings can be. It was even smart, much smarter than some humans she has come across. For the rest of the ride, Aurelia opted to sit on the bow of the ship in the silent company of the Sea King. Its carefree nature somehow or other made it incredibly relaxing to just sit and watch the blue sky fly by. However, by going twice the speed, it meant the trip was half as long and soon, Andesite Island loomed ahead and in no times, the corvette pulled up into dock and the marines began marching down the gangplank.

"So. Care to tell me where you will go now?"

Aurelia took a break from her kiseru pipe and pondered for a bit. What can she do now? Most obvious was to get on another ship and head back towards her unit, but something told her that her getting a lift from the corvette was a one off lucky strike.

"Well, i still am looking for a way to head back to my unit, but it doesnt seem like there is another ship that will be leaving port. So right now, nowhere."

Status
Not open for further replies.