One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"How do you know what age I am?" He asked with a critical tone. He looked at herand raised an eyebrow. "I don't know if you would want a kid as your partner. " He moved the rock and pulled his bag out from underneath it. Swinging it over his shoulder, hemade it seem as if he was going to leave. This would make the deal more interesting.

She raised an eyebrow herself then put on a straight face. "There are a few things you should know about me, since I'm assuming your answer is a yes. Lesson one, if I don't want something I won't waste time thinking about it. Yeah, you're a kid but I think you'll be much more help to me than anyone else around here." Lorcana stood to face him. "My name's Lorcana, by the way," she added after a moment of silence. "So, was my assumed yes correct?"

"Thank you, Requiem, I'm sorry to cause a mess." She felt extremely restless for some unknown reason. It took nearly all her willpower to sit still as Requiem helped bandage her up. Haylia couldn't help feeling a bit uncomfortable with him or anyone that close, but it was not in the negative sort of way with Requiem. Her heart was pounding so loud she wondered if he could hear it.

"I-I think something is wrong with the meat... or at least to me... I don't feel right, but not sick... kind of like I have too much energy or something. What kind of meat are we eating though? Actually... I wonder if its because of the herb I put in to take away that bad smell..." She couldn't help turning her head away embarassed as she realized that it was most definitely and most likely her "de-odor-ization" technique.

When they returned to the deck, Haylia saw that Kenichi had brought three nicely sized fish on board. She couldn't help being a bit startled at the vigorous thrashing of the fish out of water. Despite being on an island country, her exposure to anywhere outside the training grounds, arena, and for a little bit the Vale Royal Manor was limited and even live fish was a rare sight for her.

Haylia felt like this was a perfect chance to let some of this ridiculous restlessness out. Drawing her sword with her uninjured hand, she swung towards the fish from afar with moderate strength and speed. Normally, this would just make an audible whiff but with her temporarily enhanced strength from the cooked herb, her power was increased quite a bit, and her slash caused a thin vacuum to flow out and slice the fish cleanly in two, though not perfectly in half.

Amazed with herself, Haylia was excited until she realized she had very little of the herb left. However, she made note to try to get more next time she had the opportunity to. As she watched the blood from the fish spread, Haylia lowered her head in apology. "I'm sorry, I made another mess... I will clean it up immediately."

Reactions: - Falcon -
Angel nodded. "I see." He liked the way she spoke. He knew Lorcana meant business. "Yes, I guess I'll have to take you up on the offer. I won't waste your time."

Reactions: 2 people
The Striker, gold
"Oh! Oi! Captain Emrik! Miss. Marine here would like you to know that she plans on sticking around for a little while longer. You didn't want to be dropped off on an island with marines, right? Oh! You um, you got something there Capt. . . . So, um, were you looking for someone?"

Emrik could only blink in surprise, both at the news their marine guest wanted to stay on a bit, and at Lorelei's rubbing the smudge from his face. But he smiled. "You can stay aboard as long as you like," he told her, "just find something other than marine garb to wear." It was then that he turned to Lorelei, "And I was looking for you actually. When we reach Andesite, which should be soon now, we're going to have to find an alternate port. I was hoping that if you were up to a swim you might be able to search out a preferable location. I figure no one knows better where a ship will be safe than the shipwright in charge of her."
Andesite Island Marine Outpost, cadetblue
"The sooner we sort this out the sooner we can get our names in the paper Chief. If we run we can get this done in half the time, lead the way!"

"Don't care much for the paper," the master chief answered, "But if we get this wrapped up quickly there might be time to stop for a drink." With a grin he did exactly as Arvand ordered him and led the way into town and the building where the crime had happened. The sheriff was sitting outside on the lawn, papers stacked around him while several men roped off the building in question.

"Did you put a hold on all the ships in port?" he was asking a deputy. "I know we can't keep them from leaving, but we can blacklist them if they do. They run before we say they can, and no port in South Blue will give them harbor! And how's that list of names coming along?"
Andesite Island, springgreen
As Cassiopeia made her way to someplace she no doubt thought was safe, she very soon found that a shadow had blocked her path. A shadow belonging to a man in a broad brimmed black hat with a feather sticking out the back, and a smirk twisting his lips above a dark stubbled chin. Jacobs had returned from his layer to watch the chaos. Chaos which he had no part in, but he took great relish in anything that caused problems for the marines.

"Well, well," he said looking at the woman who was dressed in a too small outfit obviously not her own, "I won't ask any questions, Miss., but you look like you could do with an out-of-the-way place to hide."
Sabaku Island – Main Port, saddlebrown
"You sure are well informed Lex, and as far as I know, no journalists are allowed in this area. Mind to tell me how you got into the harbor?"

"I don't recall saying I was a journalist," Lex smiled at him, "only asking how much of the article was true. Alexander Ryan is noted for having sources all over the place and he pays them well, but that says nothing for the credibility of the information they provide, so I though I'd ask. The article, how accurate is it?"

Lex himself was a tall man in his early thirties, but the high collar of his coat and the hat shading his eyes often made him appear younger. A fact he often used to his advantage. "I also might point out that while this corner of the harbor is usually occupied by Marines, the harbor as a whole is owned by the town and shared with them. In addition to that, since yesterday's fiasco security here's been lax. They're all worried about the prion. A whole bushel of kids could get over here and nobody would sneeze. But even if that weren't the case I think this would get me an interview with the Vice-Admiral himself."

Lex fished around in his coat for a moment and pulled out a badge; a very shiny, silver-plated badge baring the insignia of the world government. The sort of thing that could get him access anywhere. "If you don't want to talk about the article, I could always use a ride."

Last edited:
Reimu Kairo, crimson
[spacer]Reimu grimaced at hearing that. She shouldn't have been all that surprised but in the end she just huffed out draggedly, "Another example of the despicable reputation the Marines have.. Humans fear what they do not understand, and in turn hate those that live in unison upon this world that share a shred of sentience.. It's petty really..." She can't help but grin a little under her tense, voidless expression, "Listen to me.. Talking as if I'm an old woman in her seventies yet I'm not even a month close to twenty.."[/spacer]

[spacer]After that, Lorelei dragged her off as Emrik appeared, averting her gaze slightly on act of pride as a Marine likely. She does however let that drop as she brushes a hand through her crimson-pink hair and looks at him as he speaks, "If it's attire to fit in, I just need to lose the jacket.. But I better not find it dirtied for wherever I put it. Of any officers in Base 13, I may be a lieutenant, and quite young at that to be at such a rank, but you don't want your crew to cross me, I can say that much.."[/spacer]

The Gambler, darkred
Requiem laughed loudly at her sudden and increased reaction. "Haylia, relax, try to take it easy." He said gesturing for her to take a seat as he headed over to the fish "We don't know what other effects the stuff might have on you. It'll be best until we get a chance to figure it out if you don't do much." He explained as he picked up the fish she'd cut in half with the air wave.

It was an impressive cut, regardless of the enhancement she might have received. It foretold a great deal of power hidden inside her. Untapped potential. She was a good find. He turned his attention to the Coo "Thank you for the warning, and for the fish" He said, giving the bird a short bow of his head. It never hurt to be polite, even to animals. He left the Coo outside to keep an eye on the girl while he took the fish inside and tossed it into the cooler.

That accomplished, he headed back out to check on the two. The Coo, he found, was sitting on the table staring at Haylia with what looked to be a bird face of annoyance. Requiem smiled some heading out to meet them. "Excellent, you're both still in ONE PIECE. Now then, Haylia, I'm sorry, but if the food is tainted, I'm afraid I can't eat it. Bad form and all that. When the energy passes, we can go over what else you might be able to do." He informed her gently. He didn't want her to feel bad about messing up the meal. All things considered, she'd done an excellent job cooking it, but her inexperience with seasonings made her a hazard in the kitchen.

He could tell by how she moved that she wasn't accustomed to being on a ship, so that meant that she would more than likely be useless for navigation. The Pirate shook his head. It wasn't of any concern for the moment. She would find her place eventually. It just meant that until they found a proper cook, he'd have to take up the task again.

Last edited:
Lorcana nodded approvingly then moved in closer to him. "There is something I intend to find hidden on this island. I can't say any more until we get out of town, you never know who may be listening. Remember that." She patted his head then proceeded from the alleyway. "Firstly, you need something to wear on your feet. You won't be much use to me if you cut your foot open on a rock or something. I'll get you a pair of boots and expect my money's worth in work." She smirked. These few expenses will be nothing once I find that chest.

There was a fresh pair of boots made recently for a customer who decided to take their business elsewhere at the shop. Lorcana talked the owner into giving them to her for far less than the original owner had paid. The stingy old man wouldn't give them away even though hehadgotten his pay for them in advanced. She handed Angel the boots to try on. She was not dealing with the old man again whether they fit or not but she at least gave him a few minutes to get use to them. Lorcana started to hum happily when they continued on their way. The search would start in the forest.

• Love
Reactions: Falcon
Angel wrinkled his nose at the boots in his hands. He hadn't worn shoes in a long time and he didn't want to now, but he stopped and slipped them on his feet. They felt odd. He sighed and kept walking after her.

They had made it to the scene of the crime. Arvand began to approach the Sheriff. As he got closer he couldn't help but over hear him talking to his deputy.
"I know we can't keep them from leaving, but we can blacklist them if they do. They run before we say they can, and no port in South Blue will give them harbor!"
Those words gave him comfort, for a while he felt like the mission was a lost cause if he didn't move his ass, but with no lead it would have been near impossible, chasing after ghosts. But now he knew now whoever had performed the murder wouldn't leave - couldn't leave, at least not yet.

Still walking towards the Sheriff, his ears perked up, at his next words, "How's that list of names coming along?" Right next to the Sheriff now, he clicked his heels, and raised his hand in salute, a pure reflex, " Arvand Rooke, rank Ensign, I've been sent here to help you with the murder, and I was wondering if I could borrow that list sir." Dropping the salute, he held out his hand for a handshake, with a warm smile.

Once they were outside the town and closer to the forest Lorcana stopped and turned toward Angel. "Now I can explain a little further." She took the book from earlier out of her bag and opened to a page marked with a piece of cloth. "I'm searching for a treasure hidden somewhere on this very island. It's supposedly nothing that can be found anywhere else. I'm hoping you can help me find it and, as I mentioned earlier, if you do I will be more than willing to give you whatever you want. No, I don't have a map but I have experience in finding things that are rather difficult to surface and the little detail that this book gives." She had rationalized all of this in her mind but it sounded kind of crazy saying it out loud. "Trust me, we'll find it no problem!" She put the book away then turned toward the tall trees that made up the island's forest. "I have to..."

• Love
Reactions: Falcon
Lorelei was a bit surprised before she felt her chest burst with happiness. He needed her! He really needed her! She smiled and stretched, internally groaning about the sore muscles and slight burn of the gunshot wound. "Sure!" She was happy to help. "Just tell me when you need me and I'll get right to it!" The fishman said, excited. She looked over at the marine and chuckled. For some reason the girl reminded her of a cat. Seeing her go from caring to hard-ass was definitely something she had not anticipated. Ah well, ever rose had its thorns. The fishwoman tapped her fingers against her leg awkwardly, unsure what else to say. Talking to people was so hard without a clear-cut topic!

Angel shrugged. It didn'tseem that hard, in fact, it seemed a bit too easy. He hoped that they would meet some danger on the way. "Piece of cake." He said and followed her. He wiggled his toes in the boots and frowned. He didn't like them one bit.

Reactions: 2 people
Haylia nodded solemnly, grateful for such a patient employer. She saw the mop and bucket in the corner and went to clean up the deck. Kenichi also looked at her with reproach and Haylia couldn't help laughing a little at how serious the little Coo looked. "Kenichi... I think I should have asked you first... are you female or male?" Haylia hoped the question wasn't offensive, as she truly had no idea how to tell female or male Coos apart. She kind of hoped Kenichi was male, so the name wouldn't be of the wrong gender.

After cleaning the deck, Haylia went to the edge of the ship to look out into the distance. Squinting her eyes, she thought she could make out something far away on the ocean, but she couldn't be sure. She made note to ask Requiem where they were going, since Haylia knew she would need to start restocking her supplies. Suddenly, the idea clicked that she could learn how to use medicine, or at least herbs. Cleaning the deck helped keep her from overflowing with energy, but the effects of the herb she ate earlier was still kicking in strongly.

Deciding there was some free time to spare while Requiem went to cook the fish, Haylia drew her sword and hoisted her round shield and practiced some forms. It felt great and she even worked in some flips and somersaults without any effort. As she got more and more into it, her movements become exceedingly fast yet controlled. Haylia ended her practice with a strong thrust angled upwards and heard a loud pop in the air where her sword was aiming.

"...Wow!!!" Haylia was excited with the improvements from simply eating those herbs and couldn't wait to get more. Little did she know that soon she would be extremely fatigued and that the benefits of such methods were rarely permanent.

"You didn't, but you look like one. The jacket, you hide your face, and you wander in here with questions, a newspaper, and information that you actually shouldn't have."
Caim took a look at the badge before saying anything else. He knew by now that this man was no simple man. He did have some sort of position that was important.
"The article is mostly correct. It's just missing a few details, but these are not important. I can't tell you much more though since i don't know more. Was that all, or do you want something else form me?"

The Striker, gold
"If it's attire to fit in, I just need to lose the jacket.. But I better not find it dirtied for wherever I put it. Of any officers in Base 13, I may be a lieutenant, and quite young at that to be at such a rank, but you don't want your crew to cross me, I can say that much.."

"Do what you feel is best," Emrik told the marine, "If it means leaving then leave, if you want to stay around awhile stay around. However, as long as you're on my ship you are my guest. If any of my crew bother you bring the matter to me and I will handle it. Otherwise I expect everyone on board to behave like the adults they are."

Emrik was extremely grateful to find Lorelei was willing to help.

Two hours later the island was in sight. Emrik called Lorelei to stand with him on the deck and handed her his spyglass. "Since we're approaching from the south from here it looks like a giant mountain," he started, "but I've been told on the north side is a sort of jungle cove with a wide beach. The marine outpost is on one side, the town is on the other. I'm going to bring us around the west side. If you're still up to it it's my hope you can find us a nice place to anchor out of sight of both, but close enough to town we can still resupply rather easily. We got most of what we needed in Sabaku, but I have a feeling my new crew members, yourself included, might want a few personal supplies and such."

Andesite Island - Main town, springgreen
"Arvand Rooke, rank Ensign, I've been sent here to help you with the murder, and I was wondering if I could borrow that list sir."

The Sharif Shook Arvand's hand as his deputy ran off to talk to another officer. He didn't, however, didn't return the smile. worry was plain on his aged face. "Any help you can offer at all is greatly appreciated," the man murmured as he sifted through papers "These are the victims business logs," he explained, "I'm been looking to see who was in him appointment books for today . . . Andrews how you coming with those names?" He shouted at the deputy.
"Just finished it , Sir." the deputy called back running over with a list of names having just received the last page from the man he had been talking to.
"There you go, ensign. I will of course share any information I come across with you. I hope you will do the same. Please, let me know if there's anything else you need from my staff."
Sabaku Island - Main Port, brown
" . . . Was that all, or do you want something else form me?"

Lex laughed them, a rich hearty sound. "You have observant eyes for one so young. You have observant eyes for a marine. Pity more of your colleges aren't the same. They'd have less trouble with pirates if they were. But no, all I want is someone to chat with and that ride to Andesite. I can find my own way, but traveling with you is easier."

~~~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~~~

Catching a ride...

The small thump of a pair of heeled boots hitting cobblestone was surprisingly loud, depsite their location. The docks were full of people bustling about, running chores and checking supplies and repairs. The "Minto" in which Marine Commander Aurelia Shin stepped off of was one such ship. It was the only ship willing to ferry her and even then, it only took her to Sabaku Island. Aurelia also had to work overtime, despite paying for her fares. It wasn't only brutal storms the "Minto" had to battle through. Amateur pirate raids roamed the seas, trying to make a quick and easy buck. Of course, her oath dictated that protecting sea travellers from danger was part of her duty and so Aurelia went ahead and wiped the deck with whatever gutsy pirate that decided to board them. For a Commander rank, it was almost as easier than breathing.

"Thanks for ye help, lass. You sure showed those pirates!"

Wordlessly, she waved back and went immediately to look for another ship to continue on her next leg of the journey. It was only after a solid hour of fruitless searching did it dawn on her that she was stuck on this island. None of the ships docked were fit to head out OR heading in the direction she wanted. Smoke wafted from her nostrils as she sat on a low wall, resting and contemplating on what her next step would be when from the corner of her eyes, a flash of blue and white caught her attention. It was a small navy vessel and from the looks of the dock it as in, it seemed to be prepped up to leave. It really wasn't much of an argument. Aurelia needed transportation, they looked like they were ready to leave at a moments notice. It was a marine ship and as marine personnel, she should be able to get a lift for free. It was just that if it was prepping on a mission, they just MIGHT expect her to help as obligation.

"Siiigh.... well... beggars can't be choosers..."

The walk over took less than a minute and as the ship became bigger and bigger, Aurelia could see two beings having a conversation just off of the ship. As she approached, Aurelia called out to the one she could just see that was in uniform.

"Hey! Hello there....."

Upon closing the distance and inspecting closer, said person was a Captain, a superior. The other being, she couldn't tell. Thinking fast, Aurelia quickly tried to cover her butt.

"...sir. Is the ship planning to leave dock? If so, would you care to give a fellow marine a lift? Which direction you heading to?"

The salute Aurelia did was borderline acceptable... she hoped. It was extremely casual and not at all snappy. All she could hope for was that the ship went her way and that this marine wasn't a hard ass.

"She's over here!"

One guard... two guards...four. Bullets were flying and Cassiopeia was grazed twice over by the barrage behind her. If Morla wasn't guiding the flow of her body as her keen eyes kept watch of the bullets, Cassiopeia would have been shot. There were at least four men chasing them down a backstreet, but the path ahead of Cassiopeia seemed clear. She looked behind her to check the distance of the men and the position of the dangerous projectiles, and suddenly felt Morla unwrap herself from her torso.

"Cassiopeia!" Unaware of what was in front of her, Cassiopeia snapped her head back to it's original position to see a man a few feet ahead of her with a large rifle. Morla lunged at the marine's face, widening her expansive jaw to sink her fangs into the man's eyes.

"Grahhhhh!! My eyes! It got my eyes!" The marine dropped his weapon and grabbed Morla's body to pull her fangs out of his eye sockets. Newly blind and disoriented, he didn't stand a chance against Cassiopeia's snake-style kung-fu, which floored him before the second wave of bullets came. Cassiopeia yanked Morla out of the unconscious man's hand and turned into the nearest alley.

"Here…" Morla muttered as she lightly pulled Cassiopeia's hand towards a door that was partially ajar. Cassiopeia ran into the room and shut the door behind her. She rested against the metal door that likely belonged to a warehouse and made eye contact with Morla before she began speaking.

"I've been hit…" Cassiopeia temporarily shifted her gaze to the heel of her left foot. It had been nicked by one of the bullets that ricocheted, and was already making a small puddle of blood.

"As have I…" Morla raised the lower end of her body to reveal a small hole that made a clear path through her tail. Cassiopeia grimaced when she saw the wound, knowing exactly when Morla was hit. But instead of dwelling on it, she allowed Morla to wrap around her arm as she began walking around the warehouse, looking for a place to hide so they both could rest. She wanted Morla to speak, to direct her. Even chastise her if that would be the only way, but her scaly mentor was silent.

Deciding to go with an apology to start the conversation, Cassiopeia opened her mouth before being interrupted by a man that had seemed to have come from nowhere. His presence caught Cassiopeia off guard, and the fear she had temporarily put aside when she was in the warehouse returned with full force.

"Remain strong." Morla whispered under her loud warning hiss as she began to slither away into a corner. But there was no need for the warning, for the Amazon was already heedful of the strange man, and felt the fire of the hidden horror stirring in her belly. The scorching heat was rising all the way from the width of her breast, to the narrow road of her throat and finally burning the tips of her teeth.

"Back away!" Cassiopeia's regular voice had left and was replaced by the gorgon's roar. With a power-flip of control, Cassiopeia's body slowly began to change into the monster that was beckoning to come out. Cassiopeia was trying to suppress it, but without any distraction, the transformation would continue.

But she was justified wasn't she? Almost everyone in the town had been on the lookout for her, and no matter how hard she tried to stay out of sight, there was always someone watching…listening….chasing. The hunt was bigger than she expected, and the chances of her escaping were much slimmer than what her ego had expected. But she refused to accept defeat. And like a snake cornered from it's pursuer, the gorgon was ready to bite.

Lorcana smiled. "I'm glad you think so. The book says it can be found in a crevice hidden from view in the forest. That means we are going to have to be very meticulous in our searching. I guess looking in any openings we come across would be best. Not that I think you would, but try not to get lost." Lorcana walked slowly and cautiously through the thickening green of the forest. Once or twice there was a crevice to explore and Lorcana went in first just in case there was something dangerous inside. There were bats sometimes, sometimes nothing. Lorcana had long steeled her resolve to find this rare piece.

The search was daunting but she knew the end reward would be well worth it. As they wandered through the forest's thick vegetation and moist air. Completely taken by the overhead view Lorcana had not thought of caverns in the ground or tunnels. She took one wrong step and the earth fell away from her feet, sending her into a sudden darkness. Her fall was stopped by rock and there was light again. She sat up and rubbed her back. "Ahh... What the... An underground cave? Hey, kid, Angel, get down here. I think I found something!" Her voice echoed around her off the stone walls. "Quickly now."

Caim was quiet for a moment as he thought about the man before him. He was already sure that he was more than meets the eye, but he could also tell that he was no enemy. For him, Lex seemed to be on a neutral-goof position who only wanted to do his job.
"Save your honeyed words for someone who needs them... but i guess it won't do any harm to give you a ride. You'll be sleeping with the others and help out with the low but easy duties. Any objections Lex?"

Just when he finished his sentence, someone else joined their conversation. Any other male would probably looked at her body first, and if one is honest, it was pretty normal. Caim however kept eye contact and focused on just her eyes. Aside from her looks, he mentioned another important thing about her. Despite being a marine, she lacked a certain attitude, which hit one of his nerves. The look in his eyes was a serious one, almost like that of a wild lion which dominated its habitat. For now, this was her only problem though.
"I don't know you, and you should practice how to talk with fellow marines, regardless of your and their ranks.
Stand straight, salute, state your name, rank, and business, in that order. You're a marine so act like one."

Status
Not open for further replies.