One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julius had been able to find a fair amount of the volcanic material he had been looking for. Perhaps luckily for them, he hadn't found all that much otherwise. As he had suspected, the doctor hadn't found what he was looking for. It really didn't matter to him one way or the other. what mattered more now though was that he had some of his rarer reagents even though there wasn't as much as he had hoped - the volcano hadn't erupted in a long time. He was up early to start dividing up the volcanics into the portions needed for his explosives and found himself finishing early and went up to the main deck for a bit of fresh air. He found Emrik staring through a spyglass into the distance.

"Don't tell me the Marines have caught up with us already?"

The Gambler, darkred
Requiem smiled as the ship hit port. "Alright, Haylia, I've got some business up at the base. Shouldn't be more than an hour. We'll be here at least overnight, so you're free to do as you like. Try to make it back here tomorrow at some point though to check in with me. I don't know how long we'll be here, but it helps to have the crew, as it stands, easy enough to get ahold of should I we need to leave suddenly." He told her, looking across the barren ship. He'd have to try to do some more recruiting while he was there.

His part said, he left her to her own devices. His stomach rumbled quietly at him, but he figured he could eat when he finished debriefing the navy. He made note of the various buildings as he made his way through the town towards where he remembered the headquarters to be on the map. Finally, he reached the front gate and introduced himself. "Requiem The Gambler. I believe I'm expected inside." He said casually.

He had considered a more flashy entrance, but after the last island, he'd decided that perhaps the simple route was the best one. The soldier led him through the halls until they reached the door that signified his end goal. Requiem knocked on it sharply twice before pushing it open and stepping inside.

Andesite - The Striker, springgreen
"They've already arrived, haven't they.. Our time's running a bit shorter than we'd like, I would think.."

“You may join them at any time,” Emrik answered Reimu, lowering the glass, “I have no desire to keep you against your will.” His eyes tracked her as she walked away and then ticked over to the doctor.

"Captain, I’ll go to town and see if I can't overhear any information."

“All right,” Emrik answered Kyy. “Stay out of trouble and don’t do anything that’ll get you recognised.”

“Don't tell me the Marines have caught up with us already?" Julius stated as approached. Emrik looked at him for a moment and then handed over the Spyglass.

“See for yourself,” he answered, “it looks like they got a young sea king to pull them here. You can see it waving its fin goodbye in the distance. We should be well hidden here, but it’ll be best not to do anything to draw their notice. If they don’t leave before we do we’ll have to go in the night.”
Andesite Marine Outpost, midnightblue
“Ah, come in, come in!” captain Nesmeth greeted Requiem. “Sit down, would you like some tea? Or breakfast? You couldn’t have come at a better time. I have a favor to ask of you, of course the higher ups do want your report, but there’s a little local matter that needs resolving if you'd be willing to render your assistance.”

Kyy arrives in town and looks around. He spots a tavern and nods to himself. "Best bet for some info." He walks in and orders the strongest drink they have before finding a seat in the corner. He leans his spear against his chair and takes a sip.

"Let me tell you a little story. Base 13 was attacked by a group of pirates, and they made a lot of damage. Many marines died. The ones responsible were the 'Black moon Pirates'. They are stronger than one expects from their reputation, and i am here to hunt them down."
While they were on their way to the base to report in, Caim held the knife, with the (pretty much non existent) hold to her. He thought she wanted it back, and he was done with it anyway.
"I could use a right hand while we are here. I have a feeling about you. Not because of your abilities though."
From the sound of it, he noticed her powers to some extends. No surprise actually. It was nothing normal to pull a knife out of your neck.

A little over 24 hours ago, gray
Seita Yatta believed his captain was crazy. Storming the largest marine prison in South Blue, the largest High Security prison, to rescue a marine, it was crazy. It was suicide! So at the first available opportunity Seita backtracked out of marine base 13 and ran for Sabaku Island's port.

He stole a small boat and set out to sea on his own. However Seita was not a navigator, he wasn't even a sailor.
He never saw the baby sea king underneath him that rose out of the water trying to get free of the nets that tangles its fins.

The boat capsized.
Devil fruit users can't swim.

The Gravity Devil Fruit reappeared on the nearest boat to Seita's final location.

'Woah...Better him than me!'

The selfish and cold thougt coursed through Talhar's mind as he saw the nearby ship sink in the sapphire graveyard while he was nearing his destination, Sabaku Island. It wasn't the most common sight, but for some reason he was less shook up about it than when he turned to face the port and spotted a large and odd fruit nested cozily on the top of other fruit stashed in a small barrel. As he eyed the fruit, he took in the strange bumpy texture of the fruit. It was a galaxy darkblue and had small freckles all over it, some larger and brighter than the others. It was as if he was staring at a palmsized universe...

Enthralled by the particular fruit, Talhar approached the barrel and took hold of it, but when he tried to move it towards his mouth to take a bite, the fruit was immovable, as if it weighed a ton. This peculiar effect, coming from an unknown fruit, only further intrigued Talhar and the stubborn and clueless mule that he was, he didn't let off until he finally came up with the idea to, instead of moving the fruit to him, he'd move his mouth to the fruit! As such he was able to have a taste of the fruit. The moment the juicy core hit his tongue, it was like a nova explosion of flavors and feelings hit him head-on. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't stop eating and savouring the fruit's flavor.

As he finished the fruit in its entirety and licked his lips clean, Talhar stowed away his ship at the freshly arrived Sabaku Island Port and stepped off the small boat, onto the docks. Something was off though, he felt so very light, as if he was a feather drifting in the wind. 'Damn, I hope I didn't catch food poisoning!'
Floating on clouds, he continued his stroll into the unknown premise and after a short while the feathery feeling left him, everything was back to normal...Right until he arrived at a market and wanted to politely usher someone on to move slightly so he could pass. Talhar placed the palm of his hand on the man's shoulderblade and nudged gently...The consequences were catastrophic.

The man who was simply standing there, had no idea what was going on as he suddenly found himself gliding through the air after feeling a light touch on his back. The poor lad soon found himself burried beneath a stall's wreckage with which he collided, unconscious even with the chaos going on around him as everyone was running away from the 'crimescene'. Talhar looked wide-eyed from the man, to his hand, from the man, to his hand, ...

'What the hell is going on?'

Reactions: 2 people
Lorcana sat back with her head against the wall of the bakery, sort of listening to the bustling within the building. The shade of the bakery's outside wall was very welcome. She had no desire to expose herself to a room full of people who may or may not remember her face later. She was not very pleased with the outcome of their exploration the other day, yet she felt hopeful. It was an odd mix of feelings but she shook her head to rid herself of them and took a small loaf of bread from the cloth sitting between her and her companion. He had not done much, in her opinion, but he deserved something after all of that. She was feeling rather generous. "We have to get back to those tunnels," she thought aloud. "Something must be down there. I could feel it!"

She sighed and took a bite of the warm bread. They would need more help if they were going to truly go back down there. She didn't like the idea of just her and Angel wandering around down there. It would also take forever to search every tunnel with just the two of them and splitting up was not an option. If there was something of value down there- which she was quite convinced there was- then traps or other unknown dangers could be expected. They'd need a bigger team of capable people. She had to find this treasure, no matter what.

"Eat quickly," she said to Angel as she took a drink from her canteen. "We have a new task today. Those tunnels are massive and we need more people to search it properly so we are going to look for some extra help. I am not risking your life or mine without someone else's life to risk first." She closed the canteen then put it into her bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: - Falcon -
KAMAKIRI SISTERS, red
Lillian teased her hair a little as she looked into the mirror in the small apartment belonging to the twin sisters. When she was done she took a step back to admire her full figure. A slightly monotonous voice could be heard from the room next to the one she was in. "Are you going out again, sis?" She smiled as she called back. "Yup, a pirate crew came to the harbor not long ago, and they're bound to have some good loot on them." There was silence for a short while. "Do you know who they are?" Lillian listened to her sister while making cute, seductive poses in front of the mirror "Nope, but I doubt any of them will be much of a match for me." Vivienne sighed. "You must not get too full of yourself, sis. I know we've had a stroke of luck lately, but you never know when you'll run into someone who won't fall for your tricks, or is smart enough to fight back in time." Lillian grunted in response. "Yes, yes, I know, you worrywart. I'll just pick the dumbest looking one when he's alone. I mean, what could go wrong? It's a foolproof plan." She didn't stick around to hear Vivienne's reply.

Lillian walked into one of the local taverns, and had a look around. She recognized a man sitting alone at a table in a corner of the room to be part of the pirate crew she was aiming for. After ordering a drink from the bar, she slowly made her way to him while swaying her hips. She smiled warmly at him after sitting down, protruding her chest in order for her enormous breasts to stand out even more. "Hello there, handsome. New to these parts?" She said in a mellow but chirpy voice. "Tell me, what's your name?"

Lorelei had finished a checkup for the ship as she walked onto the deck. She heard about the marines having a baby sea king and whistled. "Damn, they managed to tame a sea king? They must have done something serious for it to pull them all the way here." She stretched before hopping up on the railing and looking out toward the town. "I was planning on heading to town today to grab some supplies." Lorelei smiled as she looked over at her captain. "I promise to stay out of sight and hidden. Wouldn't want the same thing that happened last time to happen here." She chuckled, though in reality she still felt horrible over the event. Because of her being there, one of her crew nearly got killed. Then again, Brito wouldn't be on her crew if she hadn't appeared.

The fishwoman waited for the silent permission to go, thoughts still on the fact that she literally joined the crew two days ago. It felt like so much more than that... It was like she was at a constant family reunion, not quite remembering the names, but the faces all were familiar. Hopefully she'd remember everyone's names soon enough. For now, she was just glad that there was somewhere that she was accepted into despite being a fishman.

~~~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~~~

Obligation

"Let me tell you a little story. Base 13 was attacked by a group of pirates, and they made a lot of damage. Many marines died. The ones responsible were the 'Black moon Pirates'. They are stronger than one expects from their reputation, and i am here to hunt them down. I could use a right hand while we are here. I have a feeling about you. Not because of your abilities though."

Aurelia had a bad feeling when Caim began to start his little story and true enough, what she had somewhat dreaded happened. He was asking for her to assist him in apprehending these Black Moon Pirates. That meant, as a marine, she is obligated to provide assistance. She had to admit, Aurelia hadnt had to internally sigh so much in such a short period of time as of the last day and today. It was all because she herself and Captain Caim was, attitude wise, complete polar opposites. Whatever the case, he does outrank her so it was essentially a request without a choice.

"I can offer some assistance. It's not like i am in a rush to go back to base, nor is there actually a way for me to leave the island. Oh, thanks."

Grabbing the offered knife, Aurelia nonchalantly proceeded to take a hearty bite out of the tip and allowed the metal to instantly melt and become stored in her bod once again. Between bites, Aurelia asked Caim what he wanted to do next.

"So, do we actually have any leads as to where to go on the Island then?"

A confused, even scared, Talhar ran from the now empty marketplace as if his life depended on it. Whilst that may have been an exagerration from his part, there was no doubt in his mind that if the Marines caught him after what happened... They would be cautious and triggerhappy, at best, in their attempts to take his freedom away. Scurrying and running away from the yet to be seen marines, through unknown territory, he decided it was best to backtrack his steps somehow and hide some place familiar. His ship was off limits for sure and basicly all that he was familiar with around these parts was the harbor. So the decision to run back to the docks with his tail between his legs, was swiftly made.

Once arriving in the vicinity of the vibrant harbor, he slowed down his steps and rearranged his scarf to casually yet fairly effectively hide his face from the masses. Trying his best to stay out of harm's way and keep a low profile, he approached a group of streetkids and offered them a shiny gold coin, in exchange for invaluable information regarding the ships docked here.

"This coin is all yours, if you tell me which ship here is leaving, soon!"

"Y'zzur, there are 3 ships leaving within the day, sir, all of them leave for Andesite!"

"Good lad, here, take these."

Talhar gave a gold coin and a few silver pennies to the handful of underfed alleycats, before turning on the spot and sneaking on one of the aforementioned ships. He was being fairly reckless considering his usual Modus Operandi of planning ahead, but this was not the moment to take his time. He had to take risks and play with the hand dealt to him. Fortunately for him, the ship's guard was a typical one, bored and not vigilant. It wasn't the hardest thing to do, for a thief, to climb up the side of the ship by use of all the protrusions carelessly available all over the ship's side.

Once aboard, he sneaked into the lower decks where the barrels of food were stashed. Knowing better than to hide in one of those frequently used barrels, he waded through them slowly and silently before he arrived all the way at the back of the dozen barrels stashed there and covered himself behind the barrels, with a tattered and stinking blanket covering him. He'd seen and endured worse, but truth be told, today wasn't the most pleasant one he had been through either.

Birdcatcher Rosa, yellow
Her heels clattered as Rosa furiously stepped off her ship at the Andesite harbor. She was in a particularly bad mood today. Base 13 had been stormed by pirates, several marines were killed, and no one had been able to stop them. Just thinking about it made her blood boil. She had heard that the ones responsible, the 'Black Moon Pirates' were spotted on their way to Andesite Island, and being relatively nearby she told her crew to sail over there immediately. Rosa would probably much rather deal with the issue herself, but considering the fact that she was a part of the marine and regarded protocol highly, she was going to the local marine outpost in order to report for duty.

While on her way to the outpost, Rosa noticed two other marines seemingly heading towards the same destination. She could see their ranks judging by their clothing. They were engaged in conversation, and she didn't want to interrupt, but she had to introduce herself.

"Excuse me, Captain, Commander. I am Captain Rosa. Are you also here in regards to the recent events at base 13?"

When she just took a bite of the knife, Caim knew that he had to make some sort of 'lots of iron in your diet' joke. Sadly, no good one came to him. Mostly because he was not the guy to make jokes. Instead of thinking too hard about it, he just accepted that she could bite iron like it was a cracker and took the lead.
"Not really. Let's go to the base and ask the one in command. We won't get far without help anyway. Oh. But before that, there is something else. Take a look at this."
Caim still had the card with him, and now he gave it to Aurelia.
"This is Reimu Kairo. According to eye witnesses, she was taken as a hostage by the Black Moon Pirates. While i of course want those pirates in chains, finding and rescuing her is our top priority."

Just before they entered the town, another marine approached them. When she took his attention, he saluted after she introduced herself and took his arm down again as he began to speak.
"Good day. My name is Captain Caim, but 'Caim' will do. This is Aurelia Shin. And yes. Why do you ask?"

Birdcatcher Rosa, yellow
Rosa nodded her head and hummed slightly in response, performing the necessary gestures of politeness. "I see. Well, me and my crew were stationed at a nearby island when we got the news, so when I heard that the..." She had to force herself not to use the word scum. "Perpetrators behind the event might have taken refuge here I decided to come and lend a hand. Tell me, is it true that a member of the corps was kidnapped by the pirates?"

Kyy looks up when he hears Lillian sit down and smirks. "Hi there beautiful. Yes I am actually. The name's Kyy. You are?" He takes her hand and kisses the back of it. This was normally how he picked up women though he wasn't used to them hitting on him first.

Julius took the spyglass and held it up to look through it. In the distance, he could see a new Marine ship and the baby sea king alongside it. A low curse slipped past his lips as he brought the spyglass down.

"I guess that means we need to be ready for a hasty departure. I'll be on standby here on the Striker then."

KAMAKIRI SISTERS, red
As Kyy lifts her hand up to kiss it, Lillian tries to cover up a blush blooming on her cheeks with the other. "Oh my, you're quite the gentleman, aren't you? We don't have many of those around, so I appreciate a new face. My name's Lillian, but you can call me Lil." She giggled while lifting her glass to her mouth, without breaking eye contact. She wanted this to work out smoothly, and she would pull out all stops to do so. "Tell me, Kyy, what are you doing here on Andesite? I'm not a native, but I've been living here long enough to experience more than my fair share of boring afternoons. Now of course, you could be one of those tourists here for the volcano or the fountain, but I don't think you are. No, your aura tells me that you're something much more exciting, maybe dangerous even..." She said that last part in a low but excited voice in order to not draw the attention of the other patrons.

He smiles and shrugs. "Bussiness. I'll leave my level of danger to your imagination though." He winks. He takes a sip of his drink. "So, What are the rumours around here anyway. I heard pirates were spotted on Subaku. I hope they don't come here."

KAMAKIRI SISTERS, red
At the mentioning of pirates, Lillian flinched. She seemed very upset about something. Leaning in towards Kyy's ear, she whispered. "I would advice you not to mention pirates around here. The locals are of a very... Let's say protective type, and mentioning pirates is a big no-no around here. Also, what with the murder that happened here recently, people have gotten more tense than ever. I have an apartment just around the corner we could use if you'd like to talk about it in private without drawing any attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.