One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angel jumped down into the hole and landed on his feet. "Where do you think it leads to?" he asked, starting to cautiously move forward, reaching out in the darkness for cave walls.

Julius had gone back to his position on the Striker's quarter deck to maintain their bearing and speed. Their tailwind was good and almost completely natural so it kept his eyes on the sea before them. As Andesite rose up in the distance, he couldn't help but rub his hands together anxiously. Volcanic islands held a relatively rare component to his water-resistant bombs and he was anxious to get his hand on them. His preliminary investigations had shown that their only real defense from below would come from Lorelei and though he didn't know he combat capabilities, the odds would be against her in more than one occasion without a doubt. Depth charges were useful in such cases. Of course, in wet conditions they were also useful but underwater combat was their main focus. In fact, if he could gather enough material, he could upgrade a few pistols to work underwater.

Explosive components weren't his only reason - he was down a quarter of his usual complement of kunai having restocked with the small backup he had on his old ship. A full stock and some to spare were always a good idea. His wire was also an item though he doubted he would find it here. It was high quality; not terribly expensive but useful in only a few profession - it was unlikely a small Marine outpost island would have any.

~~~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~~~

If only it was the lottery
"I don't know you, and you should practice how to talk with fellow marines, regardless of your and their ranks. Stand straight, salute, state your name, rank, and business, in that order. You're a marine so act like one."

Aurelia internally slumped her shoulders in disbelief at her luck. It was literally the worst case scenario for her, that the marine just so happened to be one of those said stick-in-the-mud type. A long sigh escaped from her nose with another stream of smoke. There was nothing else to be done, but to comply. After all, he is of a higher rank and if she didnt comply, then there goes her only ticket off the island. Reluctantly, Aurealia snapped her heels together with a soundly click, stood at attention and did a snappy salute.

"Marine Commander Aurelia Shin. I am seeking transportation towards north west."

Now that she is actually trying to be presentable, Aurelia looks every part a textbook marine. She could only hope that this was enough. This Captain better not make her jump hoops to get onto that ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caim noticed that she messed up with the order of rank and name, but she tried, and that was all that mattered. To show her the same respect, he stood straight too, saluted with his right hand and kept eye contact. By now, he was a bit calmer, but there was still that dominant aura around him. Since she tried, he used her order.
"I am Captain Caim, but Caim will do just fine."
After introducing himself, he stood normal again and wouldn't mind if Aurelia would do the same.
"North west... That means you want to go to Andersite. Why do you want to go there?"
By now Caim noticed that she was a bit taller than him. Probably about 5-7 cm. He was not sure what to think of it, but for now he pushed it aside since it was not important.

Taking the papers with a nod, he turned from the sheriff looking over the list of names. Arvand had been sent into town on numerous occasions. Constantly running errands, he knew the majority of the islanders within his first month here. And a few names stood out, but how was he supposed to know who did it! He had assumed that it would just all work out, like a fantasy. He would swoop in, look at the list and just KNOW who it was. But the longer he looked over the list, the more confused and frustrated he became. With a heavy sigh he handed over the papers to the Master Chief. " I honestly don't know what I'm looking for, I hate to say it but so far I've been useless, I need your help. Do what you can to find the name of whoever did this." He turned, and began to walk towards the building. Before passing the roped off section he called out, " Gonna go check out the actual crime, be back in a bit!"

Walking into the building the first thing he noticed was the smell. At first it was just a whiff but as he continued it got stronger. Entering the office the stench was strong, it smelled like death. And looking at the body he could see why, he had been . . . partially eaten. The thought made him gag, looking around the office, he noticed drawers had been opened. " Scavengers probably." muttering to himself, he left the building finding whatever was left in the building- nothing. Walking back across the lawn to the Master Chief, he paused. "Are those . . ." Gunshots, lots of them, and screams. All of them so close to the scene of the crime, could it be a coincidence? Didn't matter people needed help. " I think that's our killer- not sure yet, can I go!?" Every muscle in his body was tensed, he needed to get over there . . . but his mission came first. He was working on his gut feeling he was SURE, he would find the killer if he followed the sounds of bullets, but if he was wrong, that was more time wasted, more time for the killer to get away, but was it really time wasted if he could save someone?

Andesite.png

Being called, the fishwoman ran toward the captain. She listened to him and nodded. Lorelei nodded at his requirements. "Alright, I'm going to go take a look. Hopefully we'll find somewhere to dock." She stretched before jumping off of the boat into the water. She swam quickly, checking the land underneath the mountainous ranges. Most of it was far too steep for her to find someplace that wouldn't damage the anchor but keep the ship safe. Nearly every place she checked was in sight of the marines and town, or had bad anchorage. It wasn't until she was going around her second time that she found them. Two coves, both covered by forest, one closer to the marines and the other closer to town. Finally! Somewhere the boat could lay anchor!

She swam quickly back, nearly gasping as she broke water and climbed back aboard the ship. Squeezing the water out of her hair, Lorelei walked back to the captain. "I found two coves, one near town and one near the marines. The one near town has better rocks to stabilize the anchor, plus we don't have to walk a huge line of beach to get to town. There's also more forest near the town so it gives better cover. I suggest we keep our course and I'll tell you where it is. Also, I found the range of site for the marines. If you'd like, I could draw a quick sketch on the map." Lorelei smiled, brushing a bit of salt off of her shoulder.

• Love
Reactions: Falcon
~~~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~~~

Interrogation

"I am Captain Caim, but Caim will do just fine."

Despite Caim giving her permission to call him just by his first name, Aurelia wasn't going to risk it. Those that she call by their first name treat her like an equal and often have quite a leeway and give in terms of her slack nature. Even Captain Sessahar, who gives her a ridiculous amount of flexibility because she does complete her task, is referred to as Captain. Even if it was casually toned. This Captain Caim was so uptight that Aurelia doesn't think she could afford even a second of relaxing, lest he jump on her over more chickenshit (military slang) infraction. Internally, Aurelia groaned at the extra effort she was now expecting she needed to take to put up an image of zeal. Already, as Caim relaxed, rather than slouch as usual with a hand on her hip, Aurelia went to at ease, but remained relatively straight backed. Sooner or later, she wasn't going to bother with pretense anymore, but not right now.

"North west... That means you want to go to Andersite. Why do you want to go there?"

It was odd that he was asking about her purpose to the island. Aurelia understood why he asked for her identity. It would be kind of an issue of some non navy or approved personnel was allowed on board the ship. However, she wasn't sure the WHY she was travelling to that island matter. Refusing to answer was going to just cause more troubles and it wasn't like there was any secret mission she needed to hide from him. Might as well humour him

"Sir, i am returning from a joint exercise with Unit 698 on Pookachin Island to the South East. I have been given leave upon the completion of the exercise and am slowly making my way back. Andersite just so happens to be along the way."

The Gambler And The Coo, darkred
As Requiem cleaned and cooked the fish that the Coo had caught, he found himself considering the power behind the swings that she had applied and smiled. She had, despite he clumsiness in the application, given him an idea on what he could do as a way to tighten up his shockwave ability. He would have to practice it later. Until then though, he cooked the food. It wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't terrible either, and he knew that it wouldn't have any unexpected side effects.

As he carried the tray back out to the deck, he spotted his guitar sitting by the door and grabbed it with his free hand, balancing the food tray carefully in the other. He hadn't played in quite some time and he figured it would be a good way to pass the time. He considered having her play, but given her enthusiasm with cutting the fish, he figured it best not to risk it being broken.

While he was doing this, Kenichi was babysitting Haylia. He tried to remain as patient with her questions as he could. She was only a human after all. Still, it was somewhat offensive, her asking his gender. He was quite obviously a male. Still, he watched her nonetheless. The man of the ship seemed to have a bit more sense than she did, but she was much friendlier than he was he concluded.

"Oi! Foods done!" Requiem called from the hatch as he approached and placed the freshly cooked fish down next to the old plates that they'd neglected to clean up. At least Haylia had collected them into a pile while she had been cleaning. His guitar he set down next to the stool he was to be occupying. He smiled and set the plates out over the makeshift table, one for each of them, including the Coo. "Alright, dig in" he said, taking a cut of his own fish and beginning.

Reactions: - Falcon -
The Striker, gold
Emrik nodded, handed Lorelei a bit of drawing led, and smiled when he saw what she marked on the map which he had spread out on a small table by the helm.

"Without seeing it myself I couldn't agree more," he told her with a smile, "Well done! Lead the way."

It didn't take long with Lorelei keeping n eye out for the place she had seen and Emrik altering course as needed based on her directions, and when he saw the spot she had picked out he had to admit the woman knew exactly what she was doing. The anchorage was perfect, they were well out of site, it looked like the hike to the village would be mild, and unless his eyes deceived him there would be some very good fishing as well.

With the Striker anchored and everything settled there was only one thing left to do before he could give his new crew free reign.
"We need to determine the mood on the town," he informed his new crew and the marine once they had all assembled on deck. "I'd like to send two people to scout it out. Any volunteers? The rest of us, minus those needed to guard the boat, can explore some of the rest of the island, see if there are any natural wonders we should be taking advantage of."
Andesite Island, springgreen
The master chief nodded, took the page and set about his assigned job. He decided to start with the local tavern as the place also served food and a good number of the working town's people ate lunch there. With any luck the serving staff would be able to help him account for a good number of the names on that list.

However, before he could leave the Ensign was back.
"Are those . . . I think that's our killer- not sure yet, can I go!?"

"I follow your orders, Sir." The master Chief saluted, "If you want to take the men and check it out then that's your call, and If you want me to start on the list while you do that, just say so." If the situation hadn't been so serious the Master Chief might have been amused by this young man who had obviously never been in command before. It was one thing to take orders, it was another entirely to learn how to give them.

"Back away!"

Jacobs watch as Cassiopeia transformed. Oh he wasn't scared, not in the slightest. He had seen far worse in his travels. Real things, non-devil fruit things. He was however fascinated.

"Well now, Luv, it looks like you have a mythical Zoan!" he stated with surprise as he stopped in his tracks and tilted his head to one side as he watched. "It seems you like the idea of being viewed as a monster. I on the other hand prefer not to be seen at all. I'm quite good at it as you can see . . . or not!" and suddenly the man had vanished. He was still talking though. However his voice seemed to come from a different place with every new sentence. Jacobs could be quite the ventriloquist when he wanted to be. He was an expert at throwing his voice.

"That murder was you wasn't it? The whole town's in an uproar, and with the marines all over the place you've made my job quite difficult. No need to worry though, Luv. Like I said earlier, I enjoy causing troubles for the marines. I won't touch you . . . not unless you ask me to."

Suddenly he reappeared behind her, the smirk plain on his face, "So what do you say I get you out of here, Luv? It return you can owe me a favor?"
Sabaku Island – Main Port, saddlebrown
"Save your honeyed words for someone who needs them... but i guess it won't do any harm to give you a ride. You'll be sleeping with the others and help out with the low but easy duties. Any objections Lex?"

"No I have no objections at all," Lex assured the captain as a woman walked up. What followed was the sort of conversation only marines would care about and so with a bow and a murmured excuse Lex left the two Marines to talk and set about getting aboard and getting comfortable. "This," he smirk to himself, "is going to be fun."

The truth was Lex was more than capable of getting himself to the next island, and if conditions were perfect, making good time. But he quite simply hated traveling alone.

Garret blinked at him. "And here I thought the promise of a future was more than adequate compensation, Son," he murmured, "but it seems that what you value is reputation. I'll tell you what. You bring that object back to me, and upon completion I'll not only pay you the amount of your current bounty in lieu of canceling it, but I'll put your application for Shichibukai before my superiors. It's not my call you understand. They've already got four, not sure they'll be open to a fifth, but I'll press for it. But will you at least consider my offer? Go to Captain Nesmath on Andesite, hear what he has to say? If after that you decide you don't want the job," The Vice-Admiral spread his hands, "then you're free to walk away."

Bleslick paused for a moment, a grin creeping up the right side of his face, "Sounds good to me, pops. I like you. You seem nice an' reasonable."

The newly commissioned privateer swung around, throwing his hand in the air as he walked out the door, a lazy goodbye. "I'll find my way back to port and to the ship; see ya when I see ya, pops!"

• Love
Lorcana followed close behind. "There may be tunnels. Hopefully not as getting lost down here would not suit me very well." She touched the wall and cold seeped into her fingers. As they moved further in came into view. Lorcana went ahead and peered down one of them. It went on a ways, then there was a turn. "There's no telling how far these tunnels go," she thought aloud. "I'd expect a few traps as well. Not sure we should venture this alone. If one of these ends in a trap we could be stuck here."

She folded her arms and started to pace. She did want to find that treasure, more than anything, but with so many possibilities of failure. Usually she was more than willing to go explore for treasure, but not this time. There were too many other variables this time. She would be putting more than just herself in danger this time.

If they got lost then she wasn't sure she had supplies to last until they could finda way out. As adventure-prone as she was, she wasn't necessarily willing to jump into this risk. "I don't know if we should risk this without supplies, but I would at least like to take a look. It's not like we can go back right now. Come on and stay close. We can't get separated."

Reactions: Jade and - Falcon -
The woman stated her reason, but something about it was off. Once he got the chance, he would have to check some details. Probably on Andesite. For now though, it was probably the better option to keep her close to him and make sure she wouldn't cause any trouble.
"I see. We'll be leaving soon, so unless you want to take care of something important, get on board."
Caim took another look around and waited for a courier or something else from the base. Unless someone would finally come and give him permission to leave, he would just ignore them and get moving, regardless of the punishment he would have to take for that.

Julius was first up to volunteer.

"I was going to leave for the volcano and see if I could scrounge up a few rare components but I'll scout around it as well. If someone wants to tag along I'd be fine with it."

Lorelei gave the captain a smile before shaking her head. "I would scout out the terrain or the town but the risk of people seeing me uncloaked is a bit too big. Sides, I need to make sure Striker here doesn't get stolen or scratched before I can work on her." She patted the ship fondly, one night on the baby was all she needed to get attached. Swimming underneath it for weeks on end also helped a fair amount.

~~~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~~~

Transportation, GET!

"I see. We'll be leaving soon, so unless you want to take care of something important, get on board."

Aurelia fist pumped herself in her mind. She was extremely grateful that there was no more hoops for her to jump through. The pure bad luck that she has had on this vacation of hers was atrocious. First, her ferry sank. Then the island she managed to get her sorry ass hammer body to suddenly have a revolt, which she had to help the local marines, followed by the next boat she got on being scuttled by marauder cannon fire. Rescued again and now here she was. The only consolations he could think of was that things could only get better. After all, there really was nothing worse than a fruit user thrown into the sea. The helplessness was terrifying. Regardless, Aurelia gave a quick salute at the Captain.

"Well, thank you Sir. i have nothing to take care of, so i shall see you on board."

Quickly before he changed his mind, Aurelia scooted up the gangplank and onto the deck of the ship. The person the Captain was talking to before was on board as well and he was distinctly not navy. That was very odd, but Aurelia didnt push further. It was not her ship and the Captain seemed hard assed enough that there had to be some reason for him to be given permission. Shrugging it off, Aurelia decided to survey the ship instead.

"You know nothing about me!" Cassiopeia spat venom at the man who had the gall to accuse her of indulging in her gorgon form. The only being who could critique her true motives and desires were Morla, and even then the old snake wasn't always right. But as fate would have it, the man was more elusive than what Cassiopeia presumed, and he had disappeared in plain sight, avoiding the corrosive saliva without much of a thought.

"So what do you say I get you out of here, Luv? In return you can owe me a favor?"

"Step closer, and I'll give you an advance on the favor." Cassiopeia's muscles bulged as they started to expand and rip through the restraining clothing she wore. Her legs were melting together and scales pushed out of her skin to cover her budding tail end. But before Cassiopeia could finish her transformation, Morla jumped out from the shadows and constricted her. Her long, deceptively powerful body was wrapped around the Amazon in a matter of seconds, giving Cassiopeia little time to even understand what was happening. The Amazon struggled against her mentor's attack, but she was caught off guard, and in a battle of speed and experience, Morla would always win. In a swift, relentless constriction of her torso, Cassiopeia let out a weak, helpless scream and fainted on the floor.

"Two things." Morla lifted her body high on top of Cassiopeia when she turned to face the man. "The first thing is, if you ever speak to me, you need to look directly at me. If you think that's too hard for you, then I suggest you leave. The second thing is that if I even suspect you may be deceiving us, be prepared to fight the monster you almost faced just now."

Jabobs laughed as he slowly began to fade away again. "For a talking snake you sure are amusing. Sorry, Luv, but it seems to me that you're the one in a tight spot. I don't know where you're from, but this is the real world. Out here you deceive and are deceived. get over it." By this point he was completely gone.

His last words couldn't be deciphered by Morla, since she had lost sight of his face. Annoyed but not distracted from their fate, Morla worked on reawakening Cassiopeia. The constriction would only knock her out for a minute, and by the time she had finished her discussion with the disappearing man, a little nudge would be all Cassiopeia would need to stir again.

"Ugh…" Before Cassiopeia opened her eyes, her arms wrapped around her bruised torso, remembering and revisiting the sharp pain she felt moments before she blacked out. When Morla got off of her, Cassiopeia weakly stood back on her feet, noticing her transformation had completely stopped and reversed herself back to her normal state. "Sorry Morla. You told me to remain strong and I lost control so fast."

Morla halted her breath after she analyzed what Cassiopeia said and fought her own instincts to blink and withhold her shame. "No, you were right. The man shouldn't be trusted. And I was so desperate to get us out of here, I went against your judgment and my own. This is the second time I have failed you Cassiopeia." Morla wanted to hang her head down, but she couldn't. She had to keep her eyes open and alert to everything, regardless of the emotional distress she felt and could possibly witness.

"You have never failed me." Morla flinched. What Cassiopeia said was a lie. But she was too naive, blinded by her own dogged loyalty, that she believed her own words to be true. In many ways, Morla and Cassiopeia were alike. They were brought together for their remarkable similarities and kept together by that alone. The power in their relationship was given to Morla for her wisdom, but they were more than student and teacher. They were best friends.

"Prepare yourself for the worst Cassiopeia. For Death is surely knocking on our door." Morla smiled as she raised herself to the height of Cassiopeia.

"And when was the last time you heard the sound of a knock?" Cassiopeia teased Morla, who only responded to the playful banter with an angry hiss.

"Lose your poor sense of humor and prepare yourself for battle! I know not the wherabouts of the man."

"MEDIOCRE!"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
The Striker, gold
Emrik nodded and looked at the group as Julius volunteered to check out the volcano and Lorelei said she wanted to stay with the ship.
"All right," he answered. "Sebastian will stay with you to help out and I think Brito looks like she needs some more sleep," He nodded at the woman who he knew had had a very trying last day or so, what with the switching sides and sailing with pirates and all. "I'll head into town. Miss. Reimu, you are free to do as you like. Kyy, would you like to go with me or Julius?"
Marine Ship – Leaving Sabaku, midnightblue
The afternoon was calm with only a light breeze as the marine ship left Sabaku Island and began it's journey to Andesite. The ship quickly found a strong current and her navigator said they were making good time. Everyone had gotten safely aboard and found their positions, or in the case of Lex a quiet corner in which to write, the crew was efficient in their tasks, and generally speaking people got along. The marines, for the most part tried to ignore the fact that there was a pirate in their midst, or that said pirate seemed to be on a job for the Vice-Admiral. Likewise, they more or less ignored the fact that the nosy man who claimed he was not a reporter seemed to take notes on everything anyone said that might be called even mildly interesting. With the Commodore holed up somewhere on his own, they looked to Caim for instructions.

It was some time before anyone would notice the long dark shadow that seemed to be trailing their boat.
Andesite Island, springgreen
"Lose your poor sense of humor and prepare yourself for battle! I know not the wherabouts of the man."
"MEDIOCRE!"

"No need to worry, ladies, I'm still here," Jacobs called to them as he watch with an amused smile they couldn't see. "And I really am a coward at heart. I prefer to talk than fight, and as at the moment it seems we will get more talking done while I am unseen, that is the way I will remain." Every sentence he uttered was coming from a different place as he both moved about the room and threw his voice around. The trick was used more to keep his location masked so he could be safe rather than because he intended any harm. He really was a coward and he knew he'd never win against the gorgon woman in a fair fight, therefore he had no intention of fighting fair.
"I wasn't asking you to trust me either. In fact I prefer it if you don't. What I was suggesting is that we lend each other a hand. I can walk out of here at any point I want, and you seem to have a number of skills that could help me and my partner find a very valuable item."

The Blackjack, red
Coo greatly enjoyed his fish. Finishing first he flew off to the bow where he could watch the sea. It was extremely nice, this feeling of moving without flapping his wings. There was a vague shadow in the distance, and as the others ate and talked behind him Coo squinted his eyes in an attempt to make out the shadow as it drew closer.

Suddenly he began to squawk, calling for his new friends.

The form of Andesite's volcano rose on the horizon. They'd be able to reach the Island by sunset.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 people
Kyy shrugs a bit. "I don't mind either way but I guess I'll go with Julius." He nods at Julius. "If that's okay by you of course."

"Fine by me," Julius aid, waving offhandedly. "Though I'm not sure what you might find around the volcano."

While their ship sailed through the unusually quiet sea, everyone had something to take care of.
Jack and Jill kept their eyes on the sail while scrubbing the deck and making sure the few cannons they had were combat ready.
Nolan the navigator double checked their position every few minutes and made sure their course was correct.

Ever since they left the harbor, Caim has been in a bad mood, but kept most of it to himself. Even if that pirate had permission from the Vice-Admiral, he was the last one he wanted on this ship. For him, pirates were all the same, and this one in particular seemed to be nothing but trouble to him. Still. He had to follow the Vice-Admiral's orders, even if he didn't like them.
There was also the matter with Aurelia. True, she didn't do anything wrong yet, but something about her was off. The fact that Caim never heard of Pookachin Island didn't make it any better. Why he didn't just avoid her? It was probably better to keep her nearby than to let her wander off on the already damaged Base 13.

While he was the captain of the crew, he was also the chef. His skills may not rival those of certain 5 star cooks, but he knew how to improvise with the ingredients they had and make it tasty. 2 pots were already boiling in the kitchen by now, and it would only take a few more minutes until a simple dish would be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.