One Piece: An Odyssey

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Ayame just stared at Roma before mumbling. Something about the idiot actually doing it, anyway she left and then returned with several book in her hands. She made Roy hold them as she patted his head. Now android man, get my books to the ship as soon as possible, oh and mr snakers left you a present." she said before handing him a stick, that she had used to poke Sid. Ayame then shrugged before grabbing her claws and then snapped her fingers for Roy to hurry up.

Roma averted his eyes away from The Doctor. He was right, he was being just as selfish as the woman, but he wasn't going to hide it. He was a selfish man. He put his crew in danger to recruit this one navigator whom he put blind faith onto despite not knowing what her abilities were. He was a selfish idiot. "You can lecture me later on my choices later Doc. I need a nap." Saying that he turned around and walked back to the Flaming Decatur along with The Doctor. Once there he laid down on the figure head of the ship and closed his eyes with the dawning sun bathing him. It had been a very long day. There were many chances that they could've all died due to his actions, something that he wouldn't be able to forgive himself for if it happened. They were much to reckless, especially for this early on in their careers as pirates. Not even the most experienced pirates would do something as stupid as fighting a Celestial Dragon, let alone trying to kill one. It was a good thing that The Doctor stopped him when he could or else they would've faced greater consequences. His thoughts were broken by Ayame's voice and he sat up to see her ordering Roy around. He laughed and hopped up to his feet. "Making our shipwright into a servant are we?" He called out to her, waving from the rather large ship that the four would occupy.

Roy suddenly had a pile of books on his hands and a stick given to him by Mr Snakers. For some reason, he felt as if he was being used. But it didn't really bother him for some reason. He nodded, not too sure what the snapping meant. He walked off from the site and sooned return to the ship, skipping along the way. He dropped off her heavy books on the floor and looked at the stick "I shall use this from now on" He took a seat and began to examine it, waiting for everyone else to come while guarding the ship.

"I would never, my arms are just tired, and hes an android. They don't feel exhaustion..... Do they? Oh well, I'll find out soon enough." She shouted to Roy as she went to the ship with Roy and examined it when she heard him drop the books to the ground. "Hey careful with those, you want this hip to sink like a rock or stay afloat?" She lectured as she walked around the ship and nodded. "I see, well im surprised its in good condition, i suspected the idiot captain to have broken something."

Roma folded his arms and arched his brow at her harsh words. "Hey I'm a damn good helmsman whether I'm an idiot or not. The Flaming Decatur was built by the three of us yesterday so it hasn't faced any of the sea's harsh weather." He hopped off the ships figure head and onto the floorboards, stretching his arms up high to the sky. He knelt down to the books that Roy had just dropped down to the ground carelessly. They seemed to be mostly about navigation, as expected from his newest navigator. As he got back up, he scooped the books up in his arms. "Let's take these to your new quarters. If you would be so kind to follow your idiot captain that would be greatly appreciated." Whistling Bink's Sake, he began to make his way inside the the ship where they would enter a simple room with a few bunk beds. "We're hoping to get some more crew members at some point." He said to her as he placed the stack of books onto a nightstand by the bed.

Roy tilted his head at her question "...stay afloat?" He wasn't too sure how to answer it, so he had a slightly puzzled look on his face. He looked at his captain who lifted the books and looked over at Ayame "Sorry though, I was unaware of how valuable they were to you" They walked off into their quarters. Roy turned around and walked up the deck of the ship, sitting on the railings "All we have to wait for is the Doctor now." He held the stick firmly in his hand "And Mr Snakers"

Being one of the first to arrive at the ship ahead of the others, was already in one of the largest rooms on the ship where the shop workers were bustling about with multiple large, heavy boxes. Along with countless other boxes as the doctor unraveled the bandage from his burned arm to see the bleeding had mostly stopped.'Looks like you guys found your way then and here I was worried for nothing.'He chuckled a little more to himself before reaching into one of the pouches and took out a thread and needle then with such speed and precision, had patched up the cut in a matter of seconds.

The largest of the men with a burly, hairy body stepped forward to hold out the clipboard.'Your order.'Letting the doctor take the clipboard to look over the pages checking to make sure everything was in order. Nodding in satisfaction after reading it through.'Good, that's everything, sadly not enough time for you guys to set everything up, so work on the major equipment and I'll handle the rest myself.'Handing the clipboard back to the burly work leader who gave a stupid grin while taking it.'Hope ya have da dough ta pay fer this?'Told by the boss to say this, but his words simply made the doctor smirk.

Reaching into his pouch once more and opening a hidden compartment to produce his bank card.'Go ahead and give this a swipe then if you're so worried about money.'He held it out in a sort of mocking manner to the man who glared at him and did as he said, swiping it through the card device; the result making the man growl in annoyance.'Paid in full.'Giving the card back reluctantly then turned, clearly in a bad mood now and barked at his men to get to work.'Do be careful now, most of the equipment here is delicate and worth far more than all of your heads combined.'He chimed in as a light warning and soon the sounds of heavy thuds and hammering could be heard from the room.

The sails of the ship opened and into the night air the Flaming Decatur began to sail off away from the island. Roma stood with the ships wheel in hand as he guided the ship away from other ships. Looking back these past two days have the been absolutely crazy; he raided a marine ship to get his first ever crew mate only to get caught later in a storm that damaged his dinky little boat and end up on a snowy island to find his second crew member, an android shipwright and built his ship on the same day. The second day he fought a Celestial Dragon to get his new navigator who doubted that he would even succeed in the first place. He chuckled at the ridiculousness of it all, but at the same time he absolutely loved it. It felt like this was his first step in truly becoming a pirate of the sea. "Yo ho yo ho the pirate's life for me!" He grabbed a bottle of beer and raised it high into the air and then took a swig out of it. He wiped any excess beer with the sleeve of his shirt and placed it back on the frame by the wheel.

Roma didn't return to their room however. He slept up at the crow's nest with his arms folded with drool creeping down the corner of his mouth. He would rudely be awoken up the sun, causing him to grunt and stir before waking up. His eyes fluttered open and he squinted up at the sun. "You're the source of my powers and yet you are still annoying." Roma stood up and looked down at the ship's deck. No one else seemed to be awake just yet. Climbing down with ease, he soon made his way to the kitchen and looked around. He sliced two slices of bread and placed cheese on it before throwing it in a toaster over, watching the cheese melt and the bread brown. Later he arrived at the lounge with two slices of grilled cheese and a cup of coffee. He left notes on the women's and men's room to go to the lounge once they were ready. For now he would just wait and simply munch on his breakfast.

With all the major equipment installed, he had the workers leave cause he knew they would be setting sail soon as it would be best to leave the island and fast since it was likely marines would come to investigate. Even with the workers help, his med lab still wasn't finished and would have to work through the night to get it finished, which meant getting no sleep that night.

Morning came as he was too exhausted to bother trying to get something to eat and sat at his desk, passing out from exhaustion; face resting on one of the many books he bought and planned to read and study during their travels.

Roy felt the ship take off, wanting to say something to Roma about mr snakers but didnt kniw what to say. He looked at the island as they took off "bye bye, mr snakers. Well be back" He stared off as the horizon as night came and decided to go to bed, there was no point in just looking. However, Roy couldn't sleep. So he just stared at the roof the entire time.

It was morning and he didnt get a minute of sleep but still felt fine. Roy went onto the deck and went to go greet Roma "Goodmorning Roma" He said with his usual voice.

It was nice sleeping in an actual bed for once, she got time to enjoy a comfty slumber, of course she had to tell Roma which direction to sail in, and if he fucked up, that she would make Roy build him a cage....in the ocean. So when she awoke she left the room looking at the note and grumbled as she walked to the destination and slumped down in a seat as she yawned. She really wasn't a morning person, so she rather Roma just say what he wanted from everyone so she could get them to the next island safely.

Looks like The Doctor wouldn't make it to their first meeting. Roma sighed and sipped his coffee, but this meeting wouldn't necessarily need him. He leaned back in his seat, sipping his coffee before smiling at Roy. "Morning Roy. Slept well I hope?" His grilled cheese crunched loudly as he bit down on it and tore it like a vagabond. Ayame walked in and boy he could see that she wasn't a morning person; yawning and grumbling bitterly about something. "Now that most of the gang is here the meeting will begin. As you can see we are lacking members. This is why I want us to head to El Isle De Muertes or as it's better known The Marauder's Den. It's an island where many privateers and marines turn to when they become pirates." Taking a break from that, he took a large swig of the coffee and sighed, the smell of rum seem to from the coffee for some reason. "We'll have a higher chance of obtaining crew members there. Be on your toes however, every time you meet an honest person I'll wager that there will be twice the seedy person."

Roma had finished his breakfast and turned to look at his navigator. "Ayame when you are ready give us the direction of where to go. I'm counting on you." Roma turned to Roy's emotionless gaze. "I want you to design this ship some weapons. I would like to give this ship some better weapons than just some cannons."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hours passed before the doctor woke with a start, cold sweat drenching his pale face and a weary sigh escaping his lips as he leaned back into his chair.'Really hate that dream.'He muttered; last thing he normally saw was that wretched woman's face and grit his teeth which always caused him discomfort and a headache. Rubbing his nose just below his shades that failed to hide the shadows under his eyes, though he was used to going days without much sleep so it was nothing new for him.

Standing up to check the over the room with the various machines and med station in the upper right part of the room then to the upper left which held a multitude of cages holding mice on a long table. The lower left was his living quarters which mostly just consisted of a hammock and small side table and over to the lower right that contained the bookshelves and boxes with extra medical supplies. The center or his lab would be the place he would spend majority of his time to do tests and studying over books and opened a door to take out a do not disturb sign. Yawning with stretching of his arms as he made his way to the door and placed it there.'Now to get down to business.'Rubbing at his sinuses once more as he left the room, placing a stick of gum in his mouth to help wake him up as he walked the ship looking for one of the other crew members, needing to see each of them for a purpose and to discuss some things with the captain.

Roy nodded at his captain "Aye captain" He quickly walked away and went straight to his room, closing the door behind him and looking inside the barren space. There was hardly anything inside of the room. From the looks of it, most people would think it belonged to a mental patient. On the floor was a scorched arm made out of strange material and a stick beside it, leaning against his wall. That was it, no bed or any type of furniture. "...." Roy walked up to a blank wall and began to tear it down, making a rather large hole in the wall. He looked at it for a moment, glaring intensely at it as if he was in some deep thought. He nodded and quickly ran back to the other side of the room and ripped off a piece of the wallpaper. He used the ash from the arm as ink and began to draw on the wallpaper, his mind lost in thought.

"........ If you say so..... idiot." Ayame grumbled wondering why he anted to go to such a place. Ayame walked to her room to come back out pulling out a map as she looked at it for a minute. Nodding she folded it and went to the wheel turning the ship to the right so it caught the wind to speed them along to the destination , she then heard a rather large sound, and went to see Roy tearing a hole on the wall, which made her look at him as her eye twitch. "The fuck you doing android?" Didn't you make this ship?"

"Thank you Ayame for those kind words. I'll see you later." Roma said in a much cheerful tone just to spite her for calling him an idiot. At this point the shipwright was off building some blueprints and his navigator was going to get them to the island at some point. The Doctor was probably still working on his lab, but was then graced by his presence. "Morning doc, glad to see you're up." The sound of wood being ripped off could be heard from a few rooms back. Roma wondered just what it was, but it was probably just best not to question it. "How is the lab going? You've been working on it for so long I wonder if you even slept." Roma propped his feet up on the table with his arms folded against his chest. "You're a tad late by the way. The rest had just went off so if you have anything you need to say then I'll relay it back to them."

Roy looked up at Ayame, taking a break from drawing various blueprints. He heard her say fuck, which was a new word to him and slightky intruiged him. He looked back at the hole "Oh that. It gave me an idea" He said, looking bacj at Ayame with a serious face "Look" He held up a blueprint with a cannon that shot strange looking drills.

Salt water was atrocious.

That much was obvious. The question was: why was he tasting salt water?

Gasping, Hayden's eyes shot open and immediately they began to sting he kicked his legs repeatedly and he quickly surfaced above the water, gasping in lung-fulls of air. What the shit happened? Blinking, he looked around in a daze, confused at the sight of the burning and sinking ship.

It has been split right in half.

He could hear the sounds of yelling, most probably from the crew as they attempted to keep in touch with one another as the sky suddenly began to crackle and the water began to swirl.

"A whirlpool?!" Hayden shouted to no one in particular as the rotation of the sea steadily dragged him along. "Goddammit!" He cursed as salt water got in his mouth and he grit his teeth. He couldn't help but wonder what caused this so suddenly. Last he checked, the weather didn't suddenly do a fucking 180 and then start creating whirlpools.

Then he heard it.

That deafening roar. He thought it was the crackling of thunder, but as he was drawn deeper into the whirlpool, he saw it. The mass monster that lurked beneath the sea, rapidly spinning in circles. He could see a single yellow eye for half a second, and it was more than enough to instill a new sort of fear in him. It was unnatural, truly. He had seen many things over the years. From grotesque humans using the limbs and entrails of others as decorations, to the most profane examples of human nature.

But he never faltered. He never sweated it.

But this. Just making eye contact with some monster was more than enough to cause his heart to beat erratically. To make him feel a fear he'd never felt before. It was just like the last time he saw his father - the sheer dread he felt was palpable.

"S-Shit..." He cursed as he dragged into the depths of the whirlpool, his world going black as one final roar sent him into unconsciousness.

His ears were ringing. It was like a high-pitched squeal that sent shockwaves through his brain. Faintly, he could make out the sound of seagulls squawking as they flew over head and he rolled onto his back, coughing up water as he blinked open his eyes, flinching as the sun assaulted his retinas without any remorse.

"O-Ow..." He mumbled, his tongue feeling numb and causing his words to slur. Attempting to move, he felt rocks shift underneath his back and he craned his neck to the side. He was on a beach, that much was obvious, and he could make out a treeline not too far from where he was.

He better not be marooned on some island. He would be so pissed off if he was marooned on an island.

Closing his eyes, he mumbled as he felt something in his right hand and he gripped it, being somewhat comforted by the feeling of Sin's sheath in his grasp. He felt like moving, but at the same time, he just wanted to lay there and do nothing. Not out of laziness or tiredness, but rather out of fear. Even if, mentally, he acknowledged the fact he needed to figure out where his way, his body was still paralyzed in fear from the monstrous encounter.

"Ain't this some shit..."

Salt water was atrocious.

That much was obvious. The question was: why was he tasting salt water?

Gasping, Hayden's eyes shot open and immediately they began to sting he kicked his legs repeatedly and he quickly surfaced above the water, gasping in lung-fulls of air. What the shit happened? Blinking, he looked around in a daze, confused at the sight of the burning and sinking ship.

It has been split right in half.

He could hear the sounds of yelling, most probably from the crew as they attempted to keep in touch with one another as the sky suddenly began to crackle and the water began to swirl.

"A whirlpool?!" Hayden shouted to no one in particular as the rotation of the sea steadily dragged him along. "Goddammit!" He cursed as salt water got in his mouth and he grit his teeth. He couldn't help but wonder what caused this so suddenly. Last he checked, the weather didn't suddenly do a fucking 180 and then start creating whirlpools.

Then he heard it.

That deafening roar. He thought it was the crackling of thunder, but as he was drawn deeper into the whirlpool, he saw it. The mass monster that lurked beneath the sea, rapidly spinning in circles. He could see a single yellow eye for half a second, and it was more than enough to instill a new sort of fear in him. It was unnatural, truly. He had seen many things over the years. From grotesque humans using the limbs and entrails of others as decorations, to the most profane examples of human nature.

But he never faltered. He never sweated it.

But this. Just making eye contact with some monster was more than enough to cause his heart to beat erratically. To make him feel a fear he'd never felt before. It was just like the last time he saw his father - the sheer dread he felt was palpable.

"S-Shit..." He cursed as he dragged into the depths of the whirlpool, his world going black as one final roar sent him into unconsciousness.

His ears were ringing. It was like a high-pitched squeal that sent shockwaves through his brain. Faintly, he could make out the sound of seagulls squawking as they flew over head and he rolled onto his back, coughing up water as he blinked open his eyes, flinching as the sun assaulted his retinas without any remorse.

"O-Ow..." He mumbled, his tongue feeling numb and causing his words to slur. Attempting to move, he felt rocks shift underneath his back and he craned his neck to the side. He was on a beach, that much was obvious, and he could make out a treeline not too far from where he was.

He better not be marooned on some island. He would be so pissed off if he was marooned on an island.

Closing his eyes, he mumbled as he felt something in his right hand and he gripped it, being somewhat comforted by the feeling of Sin's sheath in his grasp. He felt like moving, but at the same time, he just wanted to lay there and do nothing. Not out of laziness or tiredness, but rather out of fear. Even if, mentally, he acknowledged the fact he needed to figure out where his way, his body was still paralyzed in fear from the monstrous encounter.

"Ain't this some shit..."
Wringing out her hair, the brunette nudged the dark haired man with her boot as she wondered why she had even bothered to help the guy. If it wasn't for the fact he had stayed alive, and was waking up, she probably would have relieved him of his weapons already.

But no, first and foremost she had to make sure that no one had seen her in the water. She muttered while recalling when a couple had seen her alight onto shore just a few months ago, their screams as she killed them to make sure they wouldn't say anything still echoed in her ears at night as she wondered why the sound even bothered her.

"Wet Mop. You alive, or can I have that shiny sword of yours? Finder's fee and all."

Unsheathing her own studded blade from its place on her back, Aisha used the hooked end of the blade to slip under the strap securing the man's sword to his body while she grabbed one of her Impalai and pointed it towards his face in case he tried anything.

Wringing out her hair, the brunette nudged the dark haired man with her boot as she wondered why she had even bothered to help the guy. If it wasn't for the fact he had stayed alive, and was waking up, she probably would have relieved him of his weapons already.

But no, first and foremost she had to make sure that no one had seen her in the water. She muttered while recalling when a couple had seen her alight onto shore just a few months ago, their screams as she killed them to make sure they wouldn't say anything still echoed in her ears at night as she wondered why the sound even bothered her.

"Wet Mop. You alive, or can I have that shiny sword of yours? Finder's fee and all."

Unsheathing her own studded blade from its place on her back, Aisha used the hooked end of the blade to slip under the strap securing the man's sword to his body while she grabbed one of her Impalai and pointed it towards his face in case he tried anything.
Blinking, Hayden focused on the weapon-toting girl.

A hollow chuckle escaped him.

"Please. By all means. Try and take it. I've been yearning for a neck to snap for a few days now." He smiled coldly, his star-crossed pupils backing his challenge. "Or, you can be a good little girl and take a few steps back before you get hurt." Hayden's voice was calm and smooth, glad he was able to focus on something other than that monster in the sea.