Oh, dear God...

Explain your use of the word "tier".

I foresee a fresh explosion of debate in this thread.

Oh dear. Hellis... Keeping my eye on you.

Explain your use of the word "tier".

I foresee a fresh explosion of debate in this thread.
The different writing levels. Advanced, Intermediate, Douche, etc. Basically, he's wishing there was a way to filter RPs by one or more writing levels, to make it easier to find ones in his range.

Well. It was more that I am used to having the subforums be split for the expected 'level' or range of writing. Like this site has your preffered levels of roleplay, right? Its a comfort thing for me more or less. I want a certein amount of text, description and narrative cohesion. We all start somewhere, this I realize, and expectations are different for everyone. To me it was confusing that there was no real way to find out other then to shift trough each subforum. Say I want a rp with adept or higher, I can't seem to filter after it. Meaning i kinda have to wade trough a small see of rp's to find them. I could of course be wrong, and there is a similair function I have not yet found. Or it might be a thing I have to get used to, I just know a filter would be really nice to me personally. Is all. No need for a giant debate I hope. I bet this is likely to have been brought up before.

I use the word Tier, becouse i spent 5 years of my life playing Fighting Games and nothing but. Its a hobby related braininjury if nothing else.

Do excuse any typos. My Spellcheck decided to quit on me today.

Or you know, What Herzi said.

Reactions: Dioxyne
Let's just always go with what Herzi says.

See, I actually have more issue with the "ability level" tags than some of the other "descriptive" tags (e.g. chick-on-chick) because the descriptive ones are pretty much factual, and the ability levels are subjective. If a girl gets down with another girl then that's chick-on-chick and no-one can argue it, but what if someone creates a roleplay for "advanced" writers and up, but they themselves aren't actually that good? They think they are... but they're not. Neither are their friends.

I wish the ability levels were assigned independently, but I'm well aware that there's enough to do without trying to create a Mod Force for ranking each roleplayer on the site. I've been checking a few roleplays out that claim to be of a certain rank and... well, if it keeps up I'll have to change my name to Disappointed Goat instead. /:

Reactions: Torsty
Tags for literary levels?

SOUNDS GREAT!

Right, @Diana ?

So you're looking for different levels of literacy? You might say you're looking for literate RPs?

Go on. Say literate. Nothing bad will happen.

Ah yes. But what if i want a million words of chick on chick. I last a long time you know.

I am of to a terrible start, aren't I?

I read that post. I know the trap you are trying to set.

So you're looking for different levels of literacy? You might say you're looking for literate RPs?

Go on. Say literate. Nothing bad will happen.
No. Actually I am not. And I have read what Diana wrote. And I actually agree with it a whole lot. Its a comfort thing, as I said. I do not put myself above anyone. But I see the point you are making. I do, I shall quietly scurry of into my corner.

Yes, I've noticed that a lot of members have a different idea of what adept/advanced means than I do. It's not too big of a deal, because if someone responds to my search thread and I don't think we'd be compatible, I just tell them as such and normally people are pretty understanding. It's just that, despite the guide written for all the different writing levels, people either just don't adhere to them/pay attention to them or stick with their own ideas of what the tag means.

Dear Grumpy.

Your trap needed more incentive. May I suggest you offer a long paragraph why you agree with the mark next time. Get all buddy buddy with him. Then feed him to the Admins.

I shall look forward to your next attempt.

Sincerely, a paranoid son of a gun.

NO ONE IS GOING TO FALL FOR YOUR TROLLBAIT TRAPS!

All those asshole people got banned during the summer. >>

Reactions: LunaValentine
Tags for literary levels?

SOUNDS GREAT!

Right, @Diana ?
Those tags already exist though, under the name of posting expectations.

Hellis is just saying it'd be nice to have a way to filter a search based on those designations, which I agree with and already made a thread about in the Community Hub. It's not about elitism or any such nonsense, just making it easier to find what you want.

Those tags already exist though, under the name of posting expectations.

Hellis is just saying it'd be nice to have a way to filter a search based on those designations, which I agree with and already made a thread about in the Community Hub.
Wow. Look at you, posting in the proper places instead of talking into the void.