Oh, dear God...

Half the time it looks like people are tagging stuff that "might happen". How can you give your roleplay a "dude on dude" tag when you don't specify that people have to play male characters? What if your group was all female? Then what? I always assume that a post with a boat-load of tags is intended in this way, to say to people "Yeah, basically, anything goes," rather than being an expressed desire to have a roleplay full of mindfucking and torture.

The only tags I find even remotely useful are the "posting expectation" tags, giving an indicator of the writing level of people in the roleplay because I'm a bit of an elitist douchebag.

Reactions: Kairia and Torsty
*wonders if the above avatar is disgruntled because his own avatar got the nicer seat*

Yeah, I agree with the posting expectations and the Anime physics. Tags should only be for the things that WON'T possibly change, such as the scientific construction of the world. Even then, that could be accomplished with a more detailed genre tag.

Right now it's overkill and you all deserve to die.

You over-tagged, Diana. YOU OVER-TAGGED!

Reactions: Kairia and Torsty
~Pees on this thread and paws kitty litter all over it~

To have Iwaku's own list of content is cool, but tags for it...seems lazy to me. Content should be explained or mentioned in the Opening of the OOC and people should read it.

The end.​

Reactions: Kairia
DOES ANYONE (EXCEPT MALKUTHE THE ILLITERATE NAZI HOMOPHOBE-ENABLER) ACTUALLY LIKE THESE TAGS?

WHY ARE WE STILL FUNDING THIS???

They're okay... I care more for the posting expectations than the content tags themselves to be honest.

It's okay, like everything on Iwaku, we try it for awhile and if it sucks we stop doing it and try something else. 8D

Unless we're doing it to spite someone. Grumpy is pretty adamant about keeping them forever now. O___O

@Asmodeus

"With blood and rage of Asmo red,
Ripped from forum tags so annoyingly said,
Together with his hellish hate,
Asmo'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

• Love
Reactions: Torsty and Fijoli
@Asmodeus

"With blood and rage of Asmo red,
Ripped from forum tags so annoyingly said,
Together with his hellish hate,
Asmo'll burn you all--that is your fate!"
You sir, have a gift in poetry.

I just got in trouble at work because I was laughing at all of this. HAH! Totally worth it. :)

I am a picky RPer at times, and tags can help weed out what I am not into. That being said, I typically have a hard time finding RPs that suit me so I end up trying to start my own.

Sometimes though, I read a list of tags and have to think, "It must be hard work to cram all of those themes into an RP". Which leads me to the conclusion that not all of said themes are actively being used in the RP but rather are a possibility.

I also wish that there was an objective standard of writing skill, because those tags seem awfully infective at times.

I don't use a whole lot of the tags, but I can see the use of them. Especially with some of the less savoury content tags that float around in the Libertine sections. If there is going to be dub con/rape/ or some other topic of equal(ish) level, I'd like to know before I go in reading the thread. Cause triggers and such.

Otherwise, the only tag I ever seem to use is Dude on Dude, and that's just because it's what I'm into and it will be happening in some shape or form in all most of the rps I'm in. At least where my own characters are concerned. Unless I'm asked real nicely not to.

I personally like the tags for many reasons Kylulu mentioned. The tags I see are good for triggers, and since I'm only interested in f/f or m/m the 'dude on dude' and 'chick on chick' tags are also helpful.

I don't personally take the tags I see at face value. I always look at the actual information in the post as well, which is sometimes contradictory to the tags checked, I'll admit. If I don't like what I see there I'll just X away. When I tag my own posts, if it's a flexible plot, I'll choose things that 'might' happen, I.E. I'm totally comfortable with them happening but if you aren't, that's fine too. Then again, I only do one x ones, and stick primarily to the Libertine forums; perhaps that makes a difference?

So, we've concluded that no one really uses them - not really. Some people might say they use them, just to look like hipsters. But in reality they're fucking pointless and play no part in your decision-making process, unless you've dropped your ritalin down the back of the sofa.

The only viable (and I use the term looser than a fat clubber at 4am) reason to keep them around is to piss me off.

Proving, conclusively, that with both your reactive and proactive forum philosophies, you have failed to uphold my legacy and stand for nothing but institutional sadism.

Here's a tag for you: "FUCK THE MODS". Let me put that on my profile, because it's the only tag that really means anything anymore.

......................../´¯/)
....................../´¯/
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Last edited: