Office Romance

"U-um Gary? It's not Mitch, It's Kieara, you met me yesterday um...I think Mitch is getting in over his head...."

"who the hell are you?"

Gary sat up in his bed, rubbing his eyes. "Why? What's wrong?" he asked, despite his headache, her voice made him worried.

Mitch shook his head. "Doesn't matter. I want to know why you're beating that nice lady," he said firmly.

Kieara explained what happened and what was going on.

He leaned against the doorframe his glare intensifying. "Now I really wanna know who you think you are? Where is she? Little bitch never came hmoe last night."

Loud thuds were heard through the phone, as if Gary had fallen--which he did. He stood up, pulling on new clothes, his headache forgotten. "Seriously? What're the chances that he'll get killed?" Gary asked, grabbing his car keys.

Mitch smirked a little, "Like I'll tell you where she is. I happen to be a concerned neighborhood citizen." He was trying to avoid saying he worked with her, or that he knew her. "Good for her, maybe she skipped town."

Kieara spoke. "Yes, I tried to get him to stop but he wouldn't....Marcus, the guy that was my room mate, he's got a lot of connections, and I don't know that's why I called you."

He straightened himself as he spoke. "I know you know where she is, and I will give you to the count of three to tell me where she is."

He ran outside and got into his car. "Alright, so what should I do? Should I go check on him or do you want me to go with you?" he asked, starting the car.

He stepped back a little, remembering what he had promised. "She left town," he lied, "Went to... I don't know, L.A or Chicago."

"The sooner you go to him, the better. I don't trust Marcus."

He smirked. He appeared to be excellent at reading people. "Don't lie." He said advancing after him.

Gary nodded, though she couldn't see him. "Alright, what's the address?"

He stepped back a little more, trying to keep his cool. "Alright alright, she said she was going to New York," he told him, appearing sincere.

She gave him the address. "He's dangerous, be careful."

He frowned. "I know better than that." He smirked. "I have my boys positioned at the toll booths out of town." He said. "Try again."

He nodded, driving down the streets. "Alright, we'll be fine. I'll have Mitchell back in a second," he assured her.

"How do you know she used the toll booths?" he asked. "There's quite a few back-roads that people use to get past them. I use them myself, to be honest."

"Ok, I hated to bother you, thank you Gary." She said.

He glared. A click could be heard as he rose a gun from his side. "I grow tired of playing, now where is she?" He didn't belive Mitch.

"It's fine," he said, hanging up. Gary pulled onto the street, slamming the brakes as he saw the two men standing in front of a house. He recognized Mitch right away, and could see the glimmer of the gun in the sunlight.

Mitch looked down nervously, stepping back. "A-alright man, I'll be honest with you, I invited her to spend the night at my house. When I came down here, I let her borrow my car. So I don't know where she is now. Honest," he told him, looking ashamed. He recognized the car that had squealed to a stop, his heart falling a little. He needed Gary to get Kieara out of his house.

Kieara was back at his house on the couch nervous.

The man dug the gun into mitches side. "I think you should tell me what kind of car and the tags." He said to him.

Gary parked the car in front of the house, stepping out nervously. Mitchell motioned for him to stay back and keep quiet. "Hey, calm down man," Gary told Marcus, though he didn't walk any further.

Mitch looked down at the gun and nodded. "A red Saturn, T5L-G78," he told him. Gary looked at him a little surprised, but said nothing.

"Good. Now git. You'll have an eye kept on you, be warned." He said shoving him off the porch.

Fuck, Mitch thought, stepping towards Gary. He pulled him back to his car and got in. "Alright, here's my plan. Take me to your place, go to my house, give Kieara your car and have her drive to your house and park in the garage, then take my car and leave it somewhere random, okay?" he said. Gary looked a little baffled, but nodded and started the car.

Mitch took Gary's phone and called Kieara, explaining the plan to her as well.

Kieara listened and complied. "Ok, I told you you shouldn't have went...." She said to him. It was heard in her voice she was scared, but not only for herself. For him and Gary too.

"Hey, at least I got them off your back. For a while at least," he assured her. "Don't worry Kieara, it'll be alright."

At Gary's house, Mitch took Gary's house key and went inside. Gary drove to Mitch's house and walked in, giving his keys to Kieara. "Alright, there's a remote in my glove-box, so you can open the garage door without having to get out," he explained to her, smiling a little.

Kieara nodded. "Thank you Gary." She hugged him then left. She soon come into the garage closing the door behind her.

Mitch was inside, waiting anxiously for Kieara to return. When he heard the garage door, he hurried to the door that led into the garage. "Kieara! You're alright," he said happily.

Gary drove the car to an empty parking lot, being sure to keep a close eye to see if anyone followed him. Fortunately, he seemed to be safe. He parked the car and ran off.