Not open for further replies.
golden_day_boy_by_orlibraorli-d4y65lg.jpg

THE BASICS

⇢ Name | Jameson Lee Francis

⇢ Nickname | James. Jay or Jim, if you want him annoyed with you

⇢ Age | 16

⇢ Birthday | June 5th

⇢ Height | 5"5'

⇢ Hair length & color | Platinum blond. Drops down to his eyes if he doesn't comb it to the side.

⇢ Eye color | Blue

⇢ Gender | Male

⇢ Power(s) | Kinetic energy manipulation. If he touches an object he can use its own energy and momentum to send it off in another direction without using any muscle of his own, transfer that energy and momentum to another object, or use it to create a pulse of concussive force (which he hasn't discovered yet). Potentially he could create that energy on his own and use it to launch things/himself in any given direction, but that's another thing he hasn't really tested.

⇢ Power limit | To take the momentum from one object and transfer it to another, he has to be in physical contact with it or at least in contact with something that is, in turn, in contact with the object he is trying to affect (touch a building with a flag pole and use the whip of the flag in the wind to snap the pole). It isn't an automatic power - if he doesn't see something coming or doesn't consciously react in time he'll get hit with an object or blow just like any other person would, and he's still learning how much he can do. If he takes too much force and doesn't send it somewhere it'll just slam into him instead.​

MY LIFE STORY

⇢ Biography / /
Jameson never really knew his mother. She was around for a few years while he was a small child, but disappeared out of his life before he'd turned five years old. His father took care of him for years on his own, with little to no help, and Jameson got used to being self sufficient at a young age, hiding the fact that he often was left alone at home while his father worked despite it being against the law. They struggled to get by even with just the two of them, bouncing from home to home and town to town as his father fought to work enough to keep them afloat. As lower class citizens, they had little money for extra expenses, and when Jameson was attacked by a large dog at eleven years old they didn't have enough money or insurance to cover proper care for the damage to his right calf. The muscle damage gave him a limp that never went away, and after that his father resorted to more desperate ways of earning money and got involved with drug dealers in hopes they would never be unable to pay for such things again. Despite Jameson's powers only just beginning to rear their head, he refused to let the boy try to perform on the streets to earn them extra cash. It was too risky, and he didn't want his son to be taken away.

When Jameson was thirteen years old, his father was arrested for selling drugs and with no family that wanted to take him he was dropped into an orphanage. Frustrated at being stuck, angry his hero had been taken away, and too young to know better, the boy acted out and ran away more than once, and so was bounced around from orphanage to foster home and back when no one wanted to deal with him. It was this habit that finally outed him at 16. On one such attempt to escape and go visit his father in prison, he was recognized by police as a missing child and in the process of fleeing was nearly run over by a car. Only quick thinking had him stopping the vehicle and its occupants in their tracks, but he wasn't fast enough to figure out where to send all that extra energy and put himself in the hospital bearing the brunt of it anyway. With only the clothes he owned, a tall walking stick, and a few personal possessions to his name, it was off to the Home for the Friendless.​

PREFERENCES

⇢ Loves / /
→ ✓ ✓ -
A too-large, green army style jacket, which was once his father's

→ ✓ ✓- A baseball his father gave him

→ ✓ ✓- His walking stick, made of thick wood and almost as tall as he is, purchased at a pawn shop after his leg was hurt. He's avoided using it as a weapon purely so it wouldn't get taken away each time he was transferred to a different home

⇢ Fears / /
→ ▣ -
Dogs

→ ▣- Confinement

→ ▣- The thought of being left alone forever

⇢ Dislikes / /
→ ✗ -
People touching his few meager possessions without permission

→ ✗- Uninvited physical contact

→ ✗- Peanut butter

⇢ Username:
Verona - Far too emotionally invested in Korean boy bands.

((I actually rolled a 3 but I couldn't find a power that meshed well with the one he already has, so I left it at one power with a few different uses. Open to ideas if anyone has any :) ))

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 people
View attachment 113682

⇢ Age | 16

⇢ Birthday | June 5th

⇢ Height | 5"5'

⇢ Hair length & color | Platinum blond. Drops down to his eyes if he doesn't comb it to the side.

⇢ Eye color | Blue

⇢ Gender | Male

⇢ Power(s) | Kinetic energy manipulation. If he touches an object he can use its own energy and momentum to send it off in another direction without using any muscle of his own, transfer that energy and momentum to another object, or use it to create a pulse of concussive force (which he hasn't discovered yet). Potentially he could create that energy on his own and use it to launch things/himself in any given direction, but that's another thing he hasn't really tested.

⇢ Power limit | To take the momentum from one object and transfer it to another, he has to be in physical contact with it or at least in contact with something that is, in turn, in contact with the object he is trying to affect (touch a building with a flag pole and use the whip of the flag in the wind to snap the pole). It isn't an automatic power - if he doesn't see something coming or doesn't consciously react in time he'll get hit with an object or blow just like any other person would, and he's still learning how much he can do. If he takes too much force and doesn't send it somewhere it'll just slam into him instead.

⇢ Biography / /
Jameson never really knew his mother. She was around for a few years while he was a small child, but disappeared out of his life before he'd turned five years old. His father took care of him for years on his own, with little to no help, and Jameson got used to being self sufficient at a young age, hiding the fact that he often was left alone at home while his father worked despite it being against the law. They struggled to get by even with just the two of them, bouncing from home to home and town to town as his father fought to work enough to keep them afloat. As lower class citizens, they had little money for extra expenses, and when Jameson was attacked by a large dog at eleven years old they didn't have enough money or insurance to cover proper care for the damage to his right calf. The muscle damage gave him a limp that never went away, and after that his father resorted to more desperate ways of earning money and got involved with drug dealers in hopes they would never be unable to pay for such things again. Despite Jameson's powers only just beginning to rear their head, he refused to let the boy try to perform on the streets to earn them extra cash. It was too risky, and he didn't want his son to be taken away.

When Jameson was thirteen years old, his father was arrested for selling drugs and with no family that wanted to take him he was dropped into an orphanage. Frustrated at being stuck, angry his hero had been taken away, and too young to know better, the boy acted out and ran away more than once, and so was bounced around from orphanage to foster home and back when no one wanted to deal with him. It was this habit that finally outed him at 16. On one such attempt to escape and go visit his father in prison, he was recognized by police as a missing child and in the process of fleeing was nearly run over by a car. Only quick thinking had him stopping the vehicle and its occupants in their tracks, but he wasn't fast enough to figure out where to send all that extra energy and put himself in the hospital bearing the brunt of it anyway. With only the clothes he owned, a tall walking stick, and a few personal possessions to his name, it was off to the Home for the Friendless.

⇢ Themes / /
X Ambassadors - Unsteady
Oh Wonder - All We Do
Starset - My Demons

⇢ Loves / /
→ ✓ ✓ -

→ ✓ ✓- His walking stick, made of thick wood and almost taller than he is, purchased at a pawn shop after his leg was hurt. He's avoided using it as a weapon purely so it wouldn't get taken away each time he was transferred to a different home

⇢ Fears / /
→ ▣ -
Dogs

→ ▣- Confinement

⇢ Dislikes / /
→ ✗ -

→ ✗- Peanut butter

⇢ Username:

((I actually rolled a 3 but I couldn't find a power that meshed well with the one he already has, so I left it at one power with a few different uses. Open to ideas if anyone has any :) ))
I like him ^^

Clary would probably try and be friends with him xD

Clary would try and be friends with everyone in the orphanage

Haha thanks. I've got some formatting issues to fix so it all looks uniform but my internet is on the fritz and I don't want to do it on my phone so who knows if I'll get to it tonight.

Edit: Sorta fixed? I am not good at making my CS look pretty like other people...

Errr... I'm sorry. Goodnight friend. I was merely waiting for the character Clary to reply :(
Oh my God, no, no, yes, I'm sorry! It was Wingless_Angel I was waiting for too. XD

I get so confused. Sry bae!

Edit: Sorta fixed? I am not good at making my CS look pretty like other people...
Lol I just copied and pasted from the owner's character sheet and edited it :bananaman:

I like your character very much but I don't think he and Alicia will get along lol. He seems rebellious. But that's good, it makes it so that my character doesn't get along with every single person!

Oh my God, no, no, yes, I'm sorry! It was Wingless_Angel I was waiting for too. XD

I get so confused. Sry bae!
No no, it's too late. My feelings are already hurt, soul broken, heart shattered :cry:

:hyper:

No no, it's too late. My feelings are already hurt, soul broken, heart shattered :cry:

:hyper:
nooooooo-cat-meme-generator-nooo-why-d576a0.jpg

THE BASICS

⇢ Age | 16

⇢ Birthday | June 5th

⇢ Height | 5"5'

⇢ Eye color | Blue

⇢ Gender | Male

⇢ Power limit | To take the momentum from one object and transfer it to another, he has to be in physical contact with it or at least in contact with something that is, in turn, in contact with the object he is trying to affect (touch a building with a flag pole and use the whip of the flag in the wind to snap the pole). It isn't an automatic power - if he doesn't see something coming or doesn't consciously react in time he'll get hit with an object or blow just like any other person would, and he's still learning how much he can do. If he takes too much force and doesn't send it somewhere it'll just slam into him instead.​

MY LIFE STORY

⇢ Biography / /

When Jameson was thirteen years old, his father was arrested for selling drugs and with no family that wanted to take him he was dropped into an orphanage. Frustrated at being stuck, angry his hero had been taken away, and too young to know better, the boy acted out and ran away more than once, and so was bounced around from orphanage to foster home and back when no one wanted to deal with him. It was this habit that finally outed him at 16. On one such attempt to escape and go visit his father in prison, he was recognized by police as a missing child and in the process of fleeing was nearly run over by a car. Only quick thinking had him stopping the vehicle and its occupants in their tracks, but he wasn't fast enough to figure out where to send all that extra energy and put himself in the hospital bearing the brunt of it anyway. With only the clothes he owned, a tall walking stick, and a few personal possessions to his name, it was off to the Home for the Friendless.​

PREFERENCES

⇢ Loves / /
→ ✓ ✓ -

→ ✓ ✓- His walking stick, made of thick wood and almost as tall as he is, purchased at a pawn shop after his leg was hurt. He's avoided using it as a weapon purely so it wouldn't get taken away each time he was transferred to a different home

⇢ Fears / /
→ ▣ -
Dogs

→ ▣- Confinement

⇢ Dislikes / /
→ ✗ -

→ ✗- Peanut butter

⇢ Username:

sorry im hungover. dope char.

Malfoy incarnate.

i like his power and limitations. but.

you know this is a strictly non-combat rp, ya?

@Romdeaux Sure do ^_^ just wanted to accurately describe limitations and abilities. Probably will never use half of it haha Should I wait until rp-time morning to have him dropped off? I'm preparing to work a four hour shift and will be busy later tonight so I probably won't make an intro until after work or real late tonight. Since everyone's supposed to be on their at to bed I figured having him getting dropped off as a new guy would make more sense story wise than just having him pop up like he was already there, but if we don't progress before I'm home tonight I can just have him get dropped off late.

Reactions: Laivindur
@Romdeaux Sure do ^_^ just wanted to accurately describe limitations and abilities. Probably will never use half of it haha Should I wait until rp-time morning to have him dropped off? I'm preparing to work a four hour shift and will be busy later tonight so I probably won't make an intro until after work or real late tonight. Since everyone's supposed to be on their at to bed I figured having him getting dropped off as a new guy would make more sense story wise than just having him pop up like he was already there, but if we don't progress before I'm home tonight I can just have him get dropped off late.
fine by me :)

i figure they bring problem kids by at any time of the night, probably cuffed with the police.

I'm nobody to write your character, but typically kids don't WANT to go here. Those with abilities are still quite feared in society, they'd be quickly swept up by police. but it depends on your characters temperaments. Alicia is still quite young and considers the orphanage a haven from that outside world. but many of the teens would have gladly fought the law, if only to prove their independence.

Alicia is still quite young and considers the orphanage a haven from that outside world
^_^ Indeed so, she isnt quite a rebellious teen yet... hmmm i have to wonder where the desire to rebel comes from in most teenagers when there are the rare one or two who remain loyal and kind

Yeah, Jameson has no desire to be in any orphanage, let alone this one. He just wants to run off on his own and foolishly try to visit his dad in prison haha But good luck escaping this place. Far more security here than he's used to. I'll probably just have him get dropped off when I'm back from work then :)

NPC Character Trees

So regarding NPCs

I've got the idea solidified and I'll be sticking with it.

I'll post character tree's for any NPC's i introduce or any that are requested from this list. From there you may use the trees to audition. any amount of people may play a single NPC, so long as the same layout is used and i've confirmed them.

NPC LIST:

Headmistress Donna "Don" Meryll.

Nurse Linda Enns.

Security guards:

Astro Melville

Casey Dillon

Katherine Parker

Mark Colgan

Chef Franco DeVigny

Teachers:

Percy Powers

Alessia "Banks" Banks

NPC Character Trees

So regarding NPCs

I've got the idea solidified and I'll be sticking with it.

I'll post character tree's for any NPC's i introduce or any that are requested from this list. From there you may use the trees to audition. any amount of people may play a single NPC, so long as the same layout is used and i've confirmed them.

NPC LIST:

Headmistress Donna "Don" Meryll.

Nurse Linda Enns.

Security guards:

Astro Melville

Casey Dillon

Katherine Parker

Mark Colgan

Chef Franco DeVigny

Teachers:

Percy Powers

Alessia "Banks" Banks
I hope people take this chance, though I have an alternative idea: several people could use these NPC's where it's needed in the rp. One can choose to summarize if one don't feel like controlling the NPC in details(I would like to do this if there are no one who claims enough NPCs)

I hope people take this chance, though I have an alternative idea: several people could use these NPC's where it's needed in the rp. One can choose to summarize if one don't feel like controlling the NPC in details(I would like to do this if there are no one who claims enough NPCs)
expound if you would?

expound if you would?
Expand my explanation, or-...? Anyway. I thought I made myself clear. Could you specify what you don't understand?

I was inspired by our great leader Romdeaux, so I shall be drinking tonight ;)

Cheers to you all! I'll still reply if im not too messed up

Expand my explanation, or-...? Anyway. I thought I made myself clear. Could you specify what you don't understand?
what were you thinking the players could do with NPCs

none of what you said makes sense to me.

i might be a severe mental problem on my end as sometimes I dont understand english, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.