November Rain

"Sure thing, let me get the form and just make sure that she is not left alone at all. You understand, I mean it." The nurse looked at him and then over to Melody. "here ya go, sign here and here. Call if you need anything." she watched as Cal took over her care and smiled. It was nice to see someone care so much. Melody clung to Cal as he helped her get dressed. "My head hurts so bad, what happened? Did I slip at the hot tub or what?" she looked at him and smiled weakly.

Calvin smiled back,

"I wish that was the worst of it. Why don't you tell me what you remember."

Calvin helped Melody out of the hospital while she tried to remember all she could. Then Calvin called a taxi, because he left his car behind where Melody was attacked, and filled in the blanks for her. By the time Calvin explained everything they were back at Melody's house. Calvin helped Melody, once again, into her house and sat her down on the couch. He snuggled up next to her and finally asked,

"So, does this mean I get to stay?"

"Oh Cal I never wanted you to go. Im so sorry this is all my fault. Ive made a huge mess." She began to cry and hid her face in his chest. She seemed so small and weak. It was something new to him since she was always so strong and demanding. Her head hurt like crazy as she tried to calm down and take a deep breath. "Oh god, what about you um... oh whats her name oh no.. I cant I.." she looked at him as thoughts of messing up his relationship rained down on her. "Cal, please think about it.. please.. mmm" holding her head she nodded to him but it was more of her rocking back and forth to made the throbbling stop. Sadly it wasnt working.

Calvin stood up and laid Melody down on the couch,

"Just rest for now. I'm going to get you some water and aspirin, lets just get you better first."

Calvin went to the kitchen and retrieve a glass and fill it with water and headed to the bathroom to get the aspirin. All the while Calvin was taking the situation, his relationship, and even his life in stock. He enjoyed being with Melody, she was really the only person he wanted to be around that he could remember in a long time. As he returned to Melody he threw back on his reassuring smile and handed her the glass and medicine.

Just try to relax, now if it's alright with you I'm going to stay here and make sure you get better. I'll be waiting on you hand and foot, how's that sound?

Sounds like I will have one huge bill to pay. I dont think I can afford you..' She smiled and took the pain pills. 'Thanks Cal, your really sweet to stay with me. Im rather lost right now and not sure what to do. Im thinking of leaving the company. I have enough saved up and well.. gonna travel for a while. Go to Japan for a while, this time for fun.. ah, how would you like to come with me. I need a change of pace and well there is nothing here for me any more.. Not really. Wanna come too? ' She smiled and sipped the water.. she was serious.

The question struck Calvin with a nervous twitch. To leave everything behind and start anew, the thought sounded so...right.

"You really mean it, just leave it all behind and be just the two of us?" Calvin always pictured himself just wondering the would one day, but he never thought of doing it with someone else, until he meet Melody.

"It would be my pleasure to go with you. I would love to go with you, if you would have me."

Your all I want, and all I will ever need. Now let me make some calls and we can leave tomorrow. This place is a lease, all the crap is from the gallery and well even some of the clothes dont belong to me. Cal, will you be alright? I mean.. I know its sudden but why wait?" touching his face she looked into his eyes and smiled. "Lets not wait any longer.." Kissing him softly she felt herself become more alive then ever before. It had finally happened, she had found a way to fly with her feet on the ground and her heart in the palm of someone elses hand.

Calvin took held Melody's hand to his face and returned her kiss with a warm smile.

" Alright, lets do this. Make your calls I have to take care of some things myself. Wait for me, just a little longer." Calvin gave her a reassuring hug and just before he went through the front door he turned and said, "I love you."

Calvin went back to his home to collect phone number and personal mementos. First he had to have a long talk with Karen. Calvin was just about to dial her number with the front door opened. Karen was home early.

"Oh, you're home. Did something happened I thought you were at the security convention?"

"Karen we have to talk. there was no security convention..." The next half hour was filled with frustration, yelling, and name calling all directed towards Calvin. He didn't mind though, he deserved it. Calvin wasn't too worried until the ring he gave Karen hit him right in the face, but after the ring hit the floor Karen just stormed out and slammed the door behind her. Afterwords Calvin let out a sigh of relief. He finished gathering up his little things and headed for the door. He stopped just short of the ring that hit him in the face and stared at it for a few seconds. Then stepped over it and headed back towards Melody's place.

His words still danced around in her head and tickled her ears long after the front doors had closed. She was sealed into her own little world while he did whatever it was that he needed to do. With a sigh Melody picked up her phone and pressed a single button. With a smirk and giggled she listened to the voice on the other end. She listened and smiled, nodding her head now and then to someone that wasnt there. Quitely she paced her apartment nodding some more and saying yes to almost everything that was being said to her. The call wasnt very long but it was one she had wanted to make for a very long time. One she never would have made if not for Cal.

"Thank's see you soon" was all she said and the call ended. Her new life was starting with Cal and for the first time in her life she felt like she was truly living. A short time later she was all packed, everything was faxed and all her calls were made. Everything was done. She waited for Cal outside sipping a glass of white wine. The plane was being fueled and waited for them at Boeing Field. This was it, she was really going to do it. She was going to let herself fall in love.

Calvin came walking back from his apartment feeling like a weight had been taken off his shoulders. Now more than ever he wanted to be with Melody. Calvin slung his bag of personal things over his shoulder and saw Melody waiting outside for him, she seemed to glow as she saw Calvin approaching.

"So, you got everything you need? I kind of want to get going a soon as possible."

She turned to see him walking in and giggled. "Hi, your back.. I know its silly but I missed you. Oh and listen an old friend told me we can use his place for a while." Wrapping her arms around his waist she nuzzled into him and sighed happily. "I cant believe it Cal, Im realy doing it, I mean we are.. Its so cool. First Rome and then Venice.. hows that sound?"

"Europe sounds nice this time of year. That sounds fine, but under one condition."

Calvin pulled Melody closer and said,

"That we live in the moment and see all that we can see." Calvin kissed her forehead.

"So why don't we pack your things into my car and we'll drive to the nearest airport and get on the first flight to Rome, how does that sound?"

She giggled and touched his cheek. "Sweethear the plane is all set to go at Boeing Field. We were waiting for you. Come on, its all set. Besides dealing with the airport is a huge hassle. I have friends that owe me" Kissing his cheek and started towards the door. It popped open and her driver walked in. "All set, by the time we get to the roof they will be here."

He stepped in, took her bags and smiled and nodded to him. "hello sir.. this way please" she giggled and followed him to the roof. "Cal, honey come on."

"Wow you plan fast don't you." Calvin followed suit, but couldn't help wonder what was on the roof.

"We're not going by helicopter are we? You know we could have just had a nice intimate drive to the airport, but this is better. More the merrier right?" Calvin said with a unsure smile and shrug.

"We will be alone on the plane Cal, come on." She took his hand and ran up the steps towards the chopper. It was ready to go and night sky looked incredbile from where they were. The lights flashed and once inside they were each given a headset. "Its a loner from a friend. The fancy one is being used by some Seahawk guy." she teased and gave his knee a small squeeze.

"Seahawk huh? I assume that this one is flown by someone that actually flies for a living right?" Calvin squeezed Melody's hand back nervously as the engines started up. He realized and quickly let go.

"I'm just curious is all. I would just hate to have a romantic get away permanently in heaven." He smiled weakly and kept looking out the window and grasped his knee white knuckle tight.

"Oh you.." she giggled and leaned into him. "Cal my company pays for all of this, the suite, driver and this.. its all part of my deal. I just ask for it and get it. This however is only my second flight. Are you alright?" she looked at him with the headset on and was clearly worried. "Cal? We have a real pilot, the Seahawk guy always uses these and thank god there wasnt a game tonight or we would be in traffic. Cal?" touching his face she looked worried. "You okay..? You want to do this right?"

Calvin smirked reassuringly and touched her hand on his face.

"Yes, I want to be with you Melody. Ever since I first met you. It's just that, well...." Calvin looked away for a moment and finally turned to say, "Flying make's me nervous." He was embarrassed to say it but Calvin didn't want Melody to think anything was wrong.

"I think it's better you know this so that later you'll understand what I mean better when I say 'get away from me,' when we take off and land. Speaking of which...." The chopper just started take off as Calvin threw a hand over his mouth and managed to hold down what ever was about to come out.

"Ugh!...This is going to be a long flight."

Gasping slightly she moved back and then pulled his head into her lap. "Easy Cal.. close your eyes.. it wont be long now.. just close your eyes and think of the bumps at pot holes on Portland Ave okay.. breath.. your fine..Im here.."

Soothing his hair she held him softly and held him down to keep him from looking around and if he was sick it wouldnt blast the pilot but rather go onto the floor. "Phil, easy on the stick alright, new flyer here okay." The pilot looked up and smiled.

"Sure thing Mel, were will be there in ten..." The flight was smooth but with a bit of overcast there were a few bumps and the pilot danced in the sky towards the air field. "Breath.. Cal... shh.. its okay.. I can see the strip okay. I love you its okay."

Laying in Melody's lap comforted Calvin a great deal, in fact he didn't feel sick anymore. Calvin just wanted to lie there he began to feel sleepy and before he knew it he was out like a light. Calvin could hear Melody's voice as it soothed him deeper into the void. In his last moments of contentiousness he managed to moan the words,

"I....love you, too...."

He never slept better in his life.