November Rain

She smiled and touched his face with her hands. "Oh Cal.." she wasnt able to say it back. Those words held to much meaning and to her they carried the intention of marriage. That scared her and so did love. Sex was sex, but love was a whole other animal. Kissing his neck and chest she nuzzled into him and was out for the night. Her soft warm body pressed into his, her legs wrapped around his and the sheet. The bedroom was littered with guilt and it felt great.

Calvin cursed himself after those two little destructive words left his mouth. He fumbled for words to express what he was really feeling, but was lost in this goddess' presences. Maybe in the morning he would recollect himself and find the words to express his feelings towards her or maybe he would just let the situation ride out and see where it took him, a habit that rarely went in his favor.

Calvin kissed Melody on her head and whispered almost to himself,
"Goodnight."

Calvin knew he was going to be hating himself later, but right now he was going to take things one step at a time (like the massive hangover he was in store for in the morning)

Morning came all to soon but Melody didnt seem to mind or even notice. Curling up into Cal for warmth she kissed his chest and then his cheek as she nuzzled. It all came so natural to her. His scent and this presence not in her bed but in her life. What was it that up to now, had held her back? Was this love? Was this that feeling they tried to sell in all those romantic comedies she never really paid attention too? With her eyes closed her mind was racing from one thought to another and she was quickly giving herself a headache. Groaning she sat up and yawned. "Morning babe, you sleep okay? Im gonna grab a shower make yourself at home okay." Kissing his cheek she snagged his shirt and slipped into it and made her way to her bathroom. The door closed softly and the sound of her showering filled the air. The morning felt perfect. It was something that could become something they could easily share everyday, but for Cal things were complicated.

The sunlight shining in Calvin's face was like pointing a flash light straight into his eyes. All he could do was moan to acknowledge Melody, but as soon as the shower turned on it sent Calvin running for shelter. Calvin grabbed his pants threw them on and eventually ended up in the kitchen. There Calvin was tempted to try a handover cure he heard of and only saw once. It consisted of a raw egg, a pinch of pepper, some alcohol of the night before, and a few other ingredients easily founded in the kitchen. Calvin put everything into a shot glass and downed it in one swig. Calvin didn't count on the magic cure actually working but oddly enough his headache started to disappear and the sick feeling in his gut vanished.
Feeling revived Calvin set his sight on the first item of the day: Breakfast. Calvin decided to make omelets for himself and Melody. So he got right to work chopping vegetables just as he heard the shower shut off.

Melody felt like a million bucks and she couldnt help but smile as she got dressed. Looking back her bed she again smiled and even giggled thinking of how wonderful their night had been. He was so strong and his eyes as he... Blushing she let out a sigh and went into her walkin closet and came out in jeans and a t-shirt. Once she picked up a pair of socks she headed towards the door but found herself staring at the bed. Closing her eyes she felt him ontop of her and his arms and hands all over her, his lips and so much more.. nearly panting she walked out and caught her breath in the hallway. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath to help calm herself down. It was the strangest thing, she wanted to cry and to make love to him all over again. What the hell was that? she thought, she had to still be a bit drunk. Shaking it off as she stepped into the kitchen she found him at the stove really cooking. Slidding her arms around his shoulders she kissed his neck and made sure she didnt get in the way or distracted him to much. "Hi you... " she coo'd kissing his cheek as she slowly and painfully let go of him. "Smells good."

Calvin felt a shiver of pleasure run down his back as Melody embraced him from behind and kissed him.

"Well I thought I could do something nice for a change. After all you let me drink all your booze and sleep over...you do eat omelets right?" Calvin had already completed on omelet and had it on a plate next to the stove. He finished cooking the omelet in his pan and flipped it on to another plate on the stove.

"I don't know what you like, if you do eat omelets, so I just threw some vegetables and cooked them up. Oh and by the way if you have a hangover have I got the cure for you."

Kissing his cheek once more she took the plate and smiled. "Oh no Im fine. I dont get hangovers really. Its nice. I guess it just means I drink way to much" she joked as she nibbled her breakfast and watched him. "Cal you alright? I mean you are going to be okay right?" Setting her plate down she looked up at him with concern. "Cal, ah.. look about last night. It was.. um.. well.. amazing but you have a real life and I have well shit to do. So..um.. yeah" Rubbing the back of her neck she felt like a complete fake. "Um I better make some calls. Thanks for the coffee and eggs.. your a love.." kissing his cheek she went to her office and closed the door but not all the way. Near her desk she looked at her hands and they were shaking. Talking mainly to herself she tried to be rational and back out of her emotions. "No, its not. Its nothing he is taken you dumbass.. you had your chance and blew it 5 years ago. Just shut up and get a cat.. " Flexing her fingers to get them to act normal again she tried to clear her mind of his wonderful scent and sweet lips. Letting out a hard sigh she looked around her office trying to remember why she had gone in there in the first place.

The kiss, the lovely comment and then the boot in the ass to finish it off. Melody had the right idea of course, but Calvin just wished she would have told him straight out that this was a one time thing instead of messing with his head. What was he thinking! Of course this was a one time thing. Calvin couldn't remember if it was the alcohol that wanted to do what he did, but he was ashamed of himself for letting it go that far. Calvin was relived that it was Melody that set everything straight and basically told him to take a hike or so Calvin thought.
He finished up his omelet and headed for the bedroom to collect his shirt and shoes, but couldn't help peek inside Melody's office as he passed by. From what he saw she was just standing there. Calvin figured he should just get out as fast as possible to avoid making the situation even more awkward. Calvin dressed and headed for the front door, though he stopped just before it and felt like he should have said something, but he pushed the thought aside and left Melody's place. Now he need to think of somewhere to stay to cover his ass for lying to his finance. Calvin decided to think it over as he slept in his car. Funny, he suddenly got a creepy feeling he should get use to the idea.

As soon as she heard the front door close she lost it and sobbed. Sinking to the floor in her office the tears poured from her in a torent of emotion. She knew in her heart that he was onboard with a one nightstand. Most men were and why would he be any different. After about twenty minutes she collected herself and started to pack. After a quick shower and a few phone calls she was out the door. A black sedan rolled up out front for her just like always. Dressed in all black she slipped in as the driver too her overnight bag and put it in the trunk. Lost in her own mind she never saw his car or him sleeping in it.

The driver pulled away from the building but cut off a delievery truck and was thanked with a loud horn ripping the morning air. Holding her ears she yelled at the driver and they kept going. She was going to a funeral service and didnt need to be added to the recently departed. A few blocks from her condo the car stopped to get gas and she stepped out and went into the 7-11. She came back out with a pack of smokes. She wasnt a smoker but today was different. she had that and 2 six packs of coors. The driver said nothing as the got in once more and waited for him to fill the tank.

Calvin just so happened to turn over and see Melody dressed in black enter a nice looking sedan. Calvin could have sworn that Melody told him she wasn't going after all. Why would she lie? Calvin should have just let it go, but for some reason it was eating him up inside. It was then he decided to follow her. Calvin quickly turned on his car and took off after her, the whole time cursing himself and telling himself what a stupid thing he was doing.

Why couldn't he just let it go?

As the driver finished putting gas in the car she waited and just when one thought they might pull away, they didnt. Inside they could be seen arguing. First Melody got out of the car and then her driver meet her at the side of the car. Toe toe they were locked in an all out shouting match. In a rage he says something to her and she says something back and he slaps her as hard as he can knocking her down. He isnt very big but niether is she and when that smack fills the air 3 other guys all pumping gas turn to see her falling. In slow motion her body crumbles into the side of the car where the she hits the door handle and is then knocked backwards her head hitting the pump and she falls to the oil stained concert like a fallen kitchen towel. The held breath from everyone at the station is busted into a flurrie of motion and noise as two guys jump the driver and they waste no time beating the living shit out of him right then and there. A third man runs over to her and tries to see if she is ok but the blood pouring from her nose and mouth say something different. An ambulance siren fills the air as people gather over her. Melody tries to open her eyes but is extreamly hard. "Cal?... Cal?" is all she can say as they move people back to get to her. Her driver was bleeding also but no one cared, he was being cuffed as the medics checked on her.

Calvin followed Melody's ride to a gas station and parked in a parking lot across the way, the whole time searching for a way to justify his behavior when he finally confronts Melody or if she catches him. Calvin was deep in thought as he occasionally glanced up to keep Melody's car in view. Just as he was think of calling it quits there was a commotion. Calvin looked up just in time to see the driver knock Melody to the ground. Calvin wasted no time throwing off his seat belt and jumping out of his car to sprint across the street. His focus was on Melody but he was aware enough to see the driver getting what was coming to him. Calvin knelt down next to Melody and propped her up in his arms. The came and asked Calvin to stepped aside as they tended to Melody. One of them asked if Calvin knew Melody, Calvin lied and said they were seeing each other just so he could ride in the ambulance with her to the hospital. The whole way there he squeezed her hand just so she would know that he was by her side. After they had set Melody up in a room Calvin was still by her side. Eventually Calvin fell asleep in the chair he sat in just waiting for her to wake up.

Almost fours had gone by but at last she woke up and groaned. Whimpering from her massiive headache. She tried to open her eyes but that seemed almost impossible. "Cal?" she called again still hoping that she was back at her place with him. They had never left, she never acted like she could live another second without him and he was still holding her close. Her heart was racing tripping the alarm on the machine. She jumped at the noise as a nurse walked in. "You calm down, your man is here, dont worry. Once we get the results of the cat-scan back you can go." she checked a few things and touched Cal on the shoulder. Meldoy was still in a fog as she trie to focus on Cal that was by her side. "She's pretty drugged up, she is lucky she isnt in a coma from that hit she took. You need me, just hit the button." she spoke to him only in a very kind and warm tone. Smiling at Meldoy she wanted back out. "Cal?" Melody was confused and scared. "I wanna go home, are we home?"

Calvin was slightly startled by the nurse as she woke him, but was relived to see Melody awake. Calvin nodded to the nursed as she left the room and went to Melody's side.

"Hey, it's ok you're safe. We're in a hospital, do you remembered what happened to?" Calvin held Melody's hand tight and added, "Don't try to remember too hard though you had a nasty bump to the head."

"Oh Cal..." Holding his hand tight she sat up and reached for him pulling almost on top of her as her head felt like it was going to split in to. "Im sorry, I want to go home its all my fault.. all my fault. I made him angry and he.. he..." her words fell away as she grew heavy in his arms and blacked out from the pain. Her heart reat monitor tripped the alarm and the nurse came running back in. "Whats wrong.. what happened.." she helped Cal lay her back as she turned off the alarm. "Poor thing.. didnt think we would see her back here ever again. Bad luck I guess. Ill check again in a few" she smiled and started to walk out.

Calvin stopped the nurse before she was out the door, her statement puzzled him. 'Could Melody be in some kind of trouble?'

"I'm sorry miss, but what do you mean by that? Has she been here before?"

"Well Im not really suppose to say anything but, well her last boyfriend did this to her. I thought she was with someone better, but then again I just do my job. Now excuse me." Melody moaned and whimpered throught to the next few hours and it was just before midnight when the doc came by and smiled softly seeing she was sleeping. "Well nothing broken, no damage just one hell of a hit and a double, from and back. Poor dear. She should be alright, will she be pressing charges? I have an officer here if she wants to make a statement or you sir?" he stood their and waited.

Calvin looked away form the doctor back to Melody and remembered just seeing fall to the ground. He took a deep breath and finally said,

"That guy should be charged with battery and assault. With three eye witnesses, including me, and I'll be more than happy to testify against him. But maybe we should wait and see what she wants. If it were up to me I would just go at it with the bastard myself."

"So you saw everything then huh? Well good, we can nail him for serval things at once. Thanks for your time and when she is ready we can take her statement. " the officer left just as she woke up and called for Cal. She was in a lot of pain and just wanted to go home. "Please Cal, tell them I want to go home. I just want to be with yo please. I dont want to go to work, I dont care about her... just you please.. take me home Cal please." She was begging him and near tears as the nurse came in with more pain meds.

Calvin thanked the officer and went back to Melody's side. He could only sit by and watch her endure the pain.

"If that's what you want, I will take you home." As the nurse came in to administer Melody's medication Calvin stopped he,

"Miss is there anyway that I can take her home to rest tonight? She doesn't need to be here she needs to be home resting, it'll be better for her...please."