November Rain

Laughing Melody smiled and clear her throat. "Um well, you'll need this" she handed him a wet suite. "And these, and this and um yeah thats about it" She had giving him a wet suit, booties, and gloves. "Oh and you might need this" she gave him a bottle of baby power. "It helps put the suit on, you can change in there and Ill wait for you outside okay" she pointed out the dressing room and smiled, then she stepped out.

Calvin took the suit and turned to the changing rooms and said before Melody walked out,

"No peeking!" and slammed the door. Calvin struggled with the suit for a good 10 minutes before stumbling out all geared up. He looked around and found Melody off to the side,

"Wow I guess its been awhile since I put on a wet suit. I'm ready to go captain." He said with a goofy smile and an awkward salute.

Melody looked up and smirked. "Please, Im no captain just grab the end and we can start out okay and um dont tell anyone about this at the office, they wouldnt believe you anyway" As soon as they where in the kayak everything was smooth. The winds had died down and the sound was perfect. Calling back to him over her shoulder Meloday pointed out a few places.

"You can see Alki, isnt it pretty, I use to live on that side of the water and look a seal" She smiled as they paddled about. After almost an hour she was paddling slower.

"Um Cal do you mind if we head back Im tired as hell" her voice was weak but she tried to smile. "I mean we can do this again, just not now." Looking back at him she couldnt help but blush. No one had been on like this with her, and it was really nice. It felt like a date and that made her laugh so she turned around giggling.

As Melody toured Calvin around he couldn't help but think what fun he was having with her. No one he hung out made him feel like he did, not even Karen. He was glad he ran into Melody and hope he could keep a relationship with her.

Melody turned to Calvin and suggested that they call it a day. As he started paddling in Calvin asked Melody,

"So what brought you out here anyway Miss 'all work and no play'? Don't get me wrong I'm glad I ran into you, but you're a long way from an office building aren't you?"

Melody stopped padding. "Well to be honest, I wasnt planing on coming out here, but well I found out last night that my dad died, and well they went ahead with the funeral since I was in B.C. at the time." she lowered her eyes and sighed then started to paddle again. She was quite as they got to shore and she got out. Melody was fumbling with her life jacket as she fought back tears. She didnt want Cal to see her upset.

Calvin was so uncomfortable om the trip back to shore that he was sweating the whole way even though he wasn't paddling hard. As they got to shore Calvin finally said,

"I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I don't know what it's like to lose someone." Calvin peeled off his life jacket and asked,

"Do you plan on visiting his grave at least? It'll be hard but at least you can make your peace...I'm sorry I didn't mean to meddle." Calvin stated walking back to the shack to undress and put the kayak away.

"I will, I guess I'll go tonight its the only time I have before my trip to Chicago." Melody followed Cal and started to undress folding her wet suit's top down as she went about locking up the shop. Her mind was going a million miles an hour and she forgot all about being only in a small bikin top under the wet suit. It was clear that she was cold. Forgetting the small to she walked over to Cal with her hands on her hips. "Well Im sorry that this wasnt more ah.. exciting for you, maybe next time the weather will be better"

As Melody went around locking up shop Calvin got a call from Karen. It was nothing urgent, but she was just telling him that she was picked to go to a medical convention and would be out of town for a few days.

Calvin took it as a sign to help Melody in her time of need. He didn't think much of the fact that he was sneaking around his Fiance's back with another woman, he saw Melody fast becoming a good friend. He heard her enter the room and turned to see her half naked body standing with no shame.

"Well I don't know 'bout that this is pretty exciting, and the weather's just fine." He said forgetting that he too wasn't properly dress only wearing thin board shorts.

"What?" Melody looked confused for a moment and rubbed her eyes. They were very red. In the low light she looked a little like a raccoon. "Umn right, I have my keys and my um my cellphone" Melody seemed lost in thought as she walked to the door and started to lock it when she looked up and stopped. "Cal?" She called back to him over her shoulder as she blinked. "Um.. I dont..." she was about to say more but her colapsed at the door leaving the keys dangling.

Calvin's eyes grew big as he could only watch as Melody hit the floor and rushed over to her. He grabbed her up in his arms and checked her pulse,

"Melody! Hey come on snap out of it." Calvin felt that her skin was ice cold and quickly grabbed a few towels to wrap her up and held her close to his body to try and warm her as he call to her again,

"Melody stay awake!"

"hmm?" her eyes fluttered open a little as she blushed and smiled. "Hi..." Melody looked almost drunk but in fact she was a her breaking point she had worked long hours and never took time to sleep. As Cal held her she felt safe and warm and started to really nod off with a soft smile on her lips. That until her phone rang and jolted the small store with its ring tone, blaring "Eye of the Tiger"

Melody sat up and looked around her eyes wide. "What, um Cal? Shit what happened, I have to get that" Melody was holding her head as looked for her purse and grabbed her phone. It was still ringing and she answered it.

"Melody Huse here" she smiled softly at Cal as she slowly started to loose color again. She nodded and spoke into the phone. "Ill be there, no I will be there, I know how important that account is, yes sir, no sir Im fine thank you and yes, goodnight" Melody closed her phone and sighed. "So um, right where were we?" She looked around like she was in a fog.

Calvin let out a sigh of relief as Melody seemed to recover and answer her phone. He started to pick up around the shop when Melody addressed him.

"Well I know this might seem weird but I was just about to offer to travel with you to see your fathers grave, right after of course I was done staring at your body." Calvin smiled and tossed Melody a towel.

"You what?" Melody then realized how she looked and turned bright red. "Oh my god, Im so sorry Cal your engaged and everything holy shit" Melody grabbed the towel and then her coat and yanked that on buttoning it up. Once she fixed her hair and fought off a yawn she smiled at him. "And wait you said you'd come with? I mean, okay, but you dont have too, I can rent a car and head up there myself, its not..." Melody broke off into a yawn agian. "..that far. Um you want to stop by my place so we can change and I can grab a redbull, oh and I have a hot tub ." Melody smiled as she hit the lights and opened the door letthing him step out before she locked up.

Calvin once again smiled and thought nothing about Melody's offer.

"Sure that sounds good I freezing out here."

Melody gave directions to Calvin as he drove her home Calvin couldn't help but laugh as he recognized how close she was living next to him.

Calvin looked around Melody's home and admired the size of it.

"You have a really nice place. You know I only live two floors below, and my living room is no where near as nice as this. So how long have you been here?"

"Are you serious, I've been here for a while, I mean not forever, but..." Melody was changing and talking to him from her bedroom she didnt bother to close the door.

Moments late she walked out in a white robe she smiled. "Well its like this. Do you remember that football player for the Seahawks that use to live here? Well I have a friend that knew about him leaving since we went to play for some other team back east. As soon as it was empty, I got the call and here I am"

Melody smiled at Cal and even blushed a little. "Do you realize you are the first guy to ever come over to my place." Her cheeks were bright red as she handed him a small pile of clean clothes. "Here's a robe and stuff. My house keeper talked me into having an extra room full of things for guest." Melody was still blushing as she turned to get a bottle of wine.

"So do you like red or white wine, I have both"

Calvin was admiring the spacious condo while listing to Melody and realized he could see her change. Calvin quickly restrained himself and turned away. Finally she came out in a white robe,

"Yea I remember that guy. The whole complex could hear the wild parties he use to throw." Melody blushed at the fact that Calvin was the first man brought into her home,

"I'm honored. I'll drink red wine if you don't mind." Calvin said as he grabbed the spare clothes. "So where can I go to change?"

"um over there, the second door on the right, when you see the cat painting, you'll be on the right track." Melody's was still very red as she looked away from Cal and went to get the wine ready. 'So ah, your free for the weekend? I mean I really dont want to impose"

Melody was busy trying to pick the right bottle and settled on a nice 04 Shirza. "I hope you like Austrailian" she called over her shoulder as she set the bottle on the counter and looked for the remote to the hot tub. It was a huge tablet sized notebook that controled the whole house. Looking it over she felt confused.

"I'll be outside okay" she called to him as she took the sleek and very expensive remote with her to the hottub. Standing next to it she looked over the monster and tapped a few buttons. That only made the TV come on to some Spanish station, her house keeper must have been watching. The lights outside came on but the lights inside went off, sending Calvin into darkness. Looking up she noticed her mistake and tried to change it.

Pressing a few more buttons she turned on the fireplace, the lights in the kitchen along with the air conditioner. Muttering under her breath she tried different combinations, and it only made things worse. The TV in the kitchen came on, the door bell rang and the fireplace came on. Shaking from the cold and being nervus Melody was at a total loss. No matter what she pressed on the touch screen things just got worse.

Calvin was just about to pass the cat painting when the lights when out and catching Calvin off guard made him slam his foot into something in the hallway and fall to the ground with a thud. Dazed he scrambled to his feet and tried to 'feel' his way out and hallway as he called out to Melody,

"What happened! Is everything alright?"

Calvin stumbled as he put pressure on his foot and tried to limb back to Melody. He started thinking to himself if this was a sign of event to come.

Outside Melody thought she heard Cal and ran back inside in the dim light from outside and the fireplace. "Im over here, Im so sorry are you alright? Its this thing I cant get it work and I keep pressing buttons but I dont know, Im so sorry. Oh god are you hurt?"

She noticed he was limping and that he was favoring his toe or foot. "Oh its all my fault Im so sorry. I never should have let them talk me into that damn universal remote thing. It controls my whole freaking house and I dont even know how to use the damn thing."

Rambling on she help move Cal over to the sofa that was right infront of the fireplace. It was warm and glowing but it didnt really help her firm nipples. She was very cold and it was showing. Her robe had come open too as she fussed over Cal. Sitting next to him her hand was on his upper tight. "Are you okay, here put your foot up." She bend forward to move the ottoman closer making her robe open more. The tops of her breast were showing, only adding to the appeal of her soft cleavage. Melody had no idea she was showing so much of herself to him. She smiled at him and held the huge remote thing in her lap.

Calvin couldn't help but gawk her Melody's lovely breast. Fortunately he caught himself and tried to distract himself, "Well, why don't I take a look at it. I great with electronics." Calvin also prayed that she would notice her robe and adjust herself, but his mind was still on Melody's hand that was on his thigh and that warming smile she was giving him. 'Was she coming on to him?' Calvin wonder to himself. He couldn't help but think that she was setting him up for more than he was offering. Then again he wasn't really deflecting her charm. Calvin put his hand on Melody's that was still on his leg and said, "You're freezing! Why don't we jump in the hot tub and I'll take a look at this later, and besides my foot could use a warm bath as well." Calvin knew he was pushing it but he wanted to see what Melody was expecting out of him, and depending on what it was well, Calvin was still thinking of what he sould do either way.