Not So Bad

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Touché, touché." If Ridley didn't know many hideaway places from all the times she'd had to run.. She probably would've been more worried. She hated Ravenwood, and she couldn't just go in with some guy.

"I ain't got a place here." It was the truth; she didn't belong here. "Might be a hotel, though. Or there's the lake, if you feel daring." She winked at him.​

"I always feel daring." Jason grinned under his mask. "... Still not taking my mask off."​

"I always feel daring." Jason grinned under his mask. "... Still not taking my mask off."​

Ridley grinned right back, cocking her head to the side. "Mm.. You're on, then." She offered him her hand. "Isn't far from here."

She pouted playfully, at this. "Will you at least lift it enough for me to kiss you?"​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Ridley grinned right back, cocking her head to the side. "Mm.. You're on, then." She offered him her hand. "Isn't far from here."

She pouted playfully, at this. "Will you at least lift it enough for me to kiss you?"​

Jason took her hand. "It's not that kind of mask, so... no."​

Jason took her hand. "It's not that kind of mask, so... no."​

Her pout deepened, but she gladly started pulling him along. For someone who looked so weak.. She was awfully strong.

"Aw.. That's a shame." There was a brief pause as she tugged him along, before she grinned again. "So.. What will I be screaming?" This only seemed to be a playful remark.​

Last edited:
Her pout deepened, but she gladly started pulling him along. For someone who looked so weak.. She was awfully strong.

"Aw.. That's a shame." There was a brief pause as she tugged him along, before she grinned again. "So.. What will I be screaming?" This only seemed to be a playful remark.​

"I can't tell you my name... but you can call me whatever you like." His eyes were more downwards on her body. He wasn't paying much attention.​

"I can't tell you my name... but you can call me whatever you like." His eyes were more downwards on her body. He wasn't paying much attention.​

"Not even your first one? Or a nickname?" She didn't sound too disappointed. She was pretty cool and laid back about.. Well, almost everything.

She noticed where his eyes were.. But only smirked. Didn't comment.​

Last edited:
"Not even your first one? Or a nickname?" She didn't sound too disappointed. She was pretty cool and laid back about.. Well, almost everything.

She noticed where his eyes were.. But only smirked. Didn't comment.​

"Well, you could call me The Arkham Knight. Or the Red Hood." He paused, his next statement a little unsure. A little softer. "Or Robin."​

"Well, you could call me The Arkham Knight. Or the Red Hood." He paused, his next statement a little unsure. A little softer. "Or Robin."​

"Knight, huh? Guess Prince Charming fits after all."

Briefly, Ridley considered telling him the name her parents had given her.. But that would hurt too much. She wasn't Julia Duchannes anymore.. Hadn't been that person since her Claiming. She couldn't pretend that she was. "..Name's Ridley. Ridley Duchannes."

"I'll make sure you don't forget it, either," she added with a wink.​

Last edited:
"Knight, huh? Guess Prince Charming fits after all."

Briefly, Ridley considered telling him the name her parents had given her.. But that would hurt too much. She wasn't Julia Duchannes anymore.. Hadn't been that person since her Claiming. She couldn't pretend that she was. "..Name's Ridley. Ridley Duchannes."

"I'll make sure you don't forget it, either," she added with a wink.​

"I wouldn't equate myself with the hero under that name." He shifted his weight. Jason didn't even consider revealing his identity. "Ridley. Huh."​

"I wouldn't equate myself with the hero under that name." He shifted his weight. Jason didn't even consider revealing his identity. "Ridley. Huh."​

"Well, I already have. Even if you haven't." Of course, even if it bothered people, Rid typically stuck to nicknames she came up with. Sometimes multiple.

"Yup. The one and only."​

Last edited:
"Well, I already have. Even if you haven't." Of course, even if it bothered people, Rid typically stuck to nicknames she came up with. Sometimes multiple.

"Yup. The one and only."​

"No, I mean... the Knight. Just read the news of you ever go back to Gotham. You'll see why." The Knight had spent all of Halloween leading an army to conquer Gotham and kill Batman. He was no hero... but maybe the Red Hood could be.​

"No, I mean... the Knight. Just read the news of you ever go back to Gotham. You'll see why." The Knight had spent all of Halloween leading an army to conquer Gotham and kill Batman. He was no hero... but maybe the Red Hood could be.​

Ridley tilted her head at him, curiously. "..I'm sure I'll go back. Much more entertaining there than boring ol' Gat-dung. All that ever happens around here is a whole lot of nothing."

Of course, this was a lie. Her earlier conversation with Lena gave that away. Which, the rain was another reminder of.​

Last edited:
Ridley tilted her head at him, curiously. "..I'm sure I'll go back. Much more entertaining there than boring old Gat-dung. All that ever happens around here is a whole lot of nothing."

Of course, this was a lie. Her earlier conversation with Lena gave that away. Which, the rain was another reminder of.​

With that, Jason got quiet and simply followed her.​

With that, Jason got quiet and simply followed her.​

Soon enough, they arrived at the lake. It was pretty clear, and also almost empty. It seemed the storm had scared away anyone who'd been here.​

Soon enough, they arrived at the lake. It was pretty clear, and also almost empty. It seemed the storm had scared away anyone who'd been here.​

He stood back and crossed his arms. "Well, sweetheart?"​

He stood back and crossed his arms. "Well, sweetheart?"​

"Well.. What?" She raised a brow at him, grinning. Though, soon enough, her hand snaked away from his.. Instead, she moved a little closer and moved to wrap her arms around his neck, staring up at him. "Y'know.. I'd kiss you in the rain, but that might be a little hard.."​

Last edited:
"Well.. What?" She raised a brow at him, grinning. Though, soon enough, her hand snaked away from his.. Instead, she moved a little closer and moved to wrap her arms around his neck, staring up at him. "Y'know.. I'd kiss you in the rain, but that might be a little hard.."​

"You don't want to see my face. Trust me." Jason reached up and, surprisingly tenderly, caressed her cheek.​

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"You don't want to see my face. Trust me." Jason reached up and, surprisingly tenderly, caressed her cheek.​

"I doubt it.. But I won't press, Prince Charming." The touch was surprising, to say the least, but.. Nice. She wasn't used to gentle touch, judging by the way she flinched very slightly.

She almost seemed to hesitate to move, for a small moment, before she slowly moved to lightly kiss his neck.​

Last edited:
"I doubt it.. But I won't press, Prince Charming." The touch was surprising, to say the least, but.. Nice. She wasn't used to gentle touch, judging by the way she flinched very slightly.

She almost seemed to hesitate to move, for a small moment, before she slowly moved to lightly kiss his neck.​

He noticed the way she flinched and took note. His deductive reasoning skills were piecing together who Ridley was. This was interrupted by the kiss. He certainly didn't fight.​

He noticed the way she flinched and took note. His deductive reasoning skills were piecing together who Ridley was. This was interrupted by the kiss. He certainly didn't fight.​

Of course, Ridley didn't realize he was doing this... At all. Otherwise, she would've tried harder to watch herself. The last thing she needed was someone figuring her out.

Quietly, she kept kissing his neck, occasionally nipping his skin lightly. Apparently, she wasn't in any rush.​

Status
Not open for further replies.