Not So Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"You won't." A grapnel shot out of his glove, lifting him through a broken glass panel on the roof. He shouted down. "Stay safe, ho."

She just rolled her eyes and shook her head, still grinning faintly. "You too, drama queen," she called back, watching after quietly. Soon enough, though, she departed the building.​

For a good few days, Ridley- reluctant as she was -laid fairly low. Just as she'd been instructed. Because, as headstrong as the blonde was, she'd rather stay alive. And while she was still trying to figure out what made Jason immune to her, she figured it was best to avoid approaching people she didn't know if she could control or not.

Of course.. This was all before the storm set in.

But this wasn't just any storm.. It was a familiar one. One that Ridley Duchannes would know anywhere. As Ethan had long since dubbed it.. This was hurricane Lena.

Exasperatedly, Ridley sighed and shook her head, running a hand through her blonde and pink hair that was quickly getting wet from the sudden downpour. What could it possibly be, now? Sarafine was dead, Lena had been Claimed.. So what could be wrong?

"Ugh. This better not be more bullshit over her dumbass move of Claiming herself.." she muttered, shaking her head. Why did her cousin have to be such a pain?

It took no time at all for Ridley to track down the eye of the storm. Or, rather, the girl with two different colored- one, an electric green, the other, a swirling gold resembling Ridley's -eyes that was the cause of it.

The dark haired girl standing in the middle of the street, wet hair whipping wildly in the wind, was clearly worried out of her mind.. Something that, deep down, worried Rid greatly. Not that it showed. "What the hell are you doin', 'Cuz? I thought you learned to control your--"

"Ridley.. She's back."

"What? Who?"

Lena's lips moved like she was talking, but Ridley couldn't hear her. Whatever she had murmured was drowned out by the wind. "Don't be a drama queen, 'Cuz. I need to--"

"Sarafine. She's back."

There was a long pause, now. Ridley.. Had no idea what to say. What to do. When she'd last seen Sarafine, they hadn't exactly been on the best terms. By that, she meant she'd betrayed Sarafine on countless occasions.. And played a big part in her death. Even the minor betrayals she'd committed had brought her massive punishments..

She had a feeling this would be much worse.

A short conversation- involving Ridley trying to keep her calm and cool facade while Lena explained what happened while Ridley was gone -and a less short drive in Lena's(AKA Macon's, that Lena was borrowing) black hearse later, the two cousins had arrived back in Gatlin.

With, of course, Ethan Wate. Lena's little boy-toy that never left her side. It almost repulsed her how in love the two were. She'd never seen any two people so truly in love before.

But Ridley didn't need love. All she needed was herself.

So, upon returning to the small town, Rid just sighed heavily. "Alright.. Where's Johnny-boy?" she asked the two, gold eyes flickering between them. It was still storming.

"John..? He's probably with L," Ethan replied quietly, shifting awkwardly. Ever since Rid had cast that Furor when Link had cheated on her, he always felt awkward about Liv. Of course, he was also still defensive around John.

"That doesn't help at all, Short Straw. Where are they?"

"I dunno.. Maybe in Uncle Macon's study?" Lena offered. This only made Rid sigh. "You two aren't helpful at all. You know that?"

"Shut it, witch. Lena's doing everything she can, okay?" This.. Almost made Ridley recoil. Almost. She hadn't been called that by Ethan in a long time.. And yet, it still hurt. The brief glare Lena shot him made him realize what he'd just said, and he immediately began apologizing. "..Shit. I'm sorry, Ridley.. I didn't mean to--"

Ridley cut him off with a wave of her hand. "It's whatever, Short Straw. Just don't do it again, or you might find yourself walking off a cliff." It was a joke, but that didn't mean Rid wouldn't do it.

Soon enough, Ethan managed to calm Lena down just enough for the raging storm to turn to the slightest drizzle. With clear annoyance, Rid spun on her heel, slamming the door of the hearse behind her.

"Rid..? Where are you going?" Lena called after, Ethan sheepishly rubbing his arm beside her.

"I needa think," came her simple response. Of course, by 'think', she likely meant stay as far away from Lena and Ethan as possible, for the moment. For starters, Link was almost always with them, and she wanted nothing to do with him. For two, it meant she either was playing a part in Sarafine being brought back.. Or intending to find her on her own.

New location unlocked: Gatlin

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: BarrenThin
About this time, Jason had decided it was time for an outfit change. Sure, he kept the armor, but he made some changes. Put a big ol' bat on the chest. The Knight was associated with too much bad. With being out to kill the Bat. Sure, it wouldn't matter here, looking for 'his ho's' fine ass, but why not break the habit? So, no Knight helmet. No modulator. Jason felt naked, going into the city of Gatlin... which wasn't supposed to happen until later.

jason-todd-batman-under-the-red-hood-23797465-400-500.jpg

It had taken a while to track that girl here, even with how smart the boy was. He watched most of the exchange with a frown, and a raised eyebrow. He followed her along the rooftops. Jason knew he'd stick out like a sore thumb in a place like this. There wasn't anyone like him. Hell, he barely even knew this city existed until he found out the girl was here. Not that it mattered. This was a one or two night event, then he'd be gone. Might never come back.

"Heya, sweetheart." He landed behind her with surprisingly little noise.​

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
About this time, Jason had decided it was time for an outfit change. Sure, he kept the armor, but he made some changes. Put a big ol' bat on the chest. The Knight was associated with too much bad. With being out to kill the Bat. Sure, it wouldn't matter here, looking for 'his ho's' fine ass, but why not break the habit? So, no Knight helmet. No modulator. Jason felt naked, going into the city of Gatlin... which wasn't supposed to happen until later.

jason-todd-batman-under-the-red-hood-23797465-400-500.jpg

It had taken a while to track that girl here, even with how smart the boy was. He watched most of the exchange with a frown, and a raised eyebrow. He followed her along the rooftops. Jason knew he'd stick out like a sore thumb in a place like this. There wasn't anyone like him. Hell, he barely even knew this city existed until he found out the girl was here. Not that it mattered. This was a one or two night event, then he'd be gone. Might never come back.

"Heya, sweetheart." He landed behind her with surprisingly little noise.​

Ridley somehow missed the fact that Jason had been following after her altogether, and was oblivious to his presence until he spoke up from behind her. Luckily for Jason, the people of Gatlin weren't exactly the smartest bunch.

Immediately, Ridley recognized his voice, and spun in her heel with a tinge of surprise. "Prince Charming?" There was a small pause, and she quietly looked him over. "..Never expected to see you here."​

Ridley somehow missed the fact that Jason had been following after her altogether, and was oblivious to his presence until he spoke up from behind her. Luckily for Jason, the people of Gatlin weren't exactly the smartest bunch.

Immediately, Ridley recognized his voice, and spun in her heel with a tinge of surprise. "Prince Charming?" There was a small pause, and she quietly looked him over. "..Never expected to see you here."​

His deep, but still somewhat boyish voice had a tinge of amusement to it. "Well, I never expected to find you living in such a clean city. Really? No pimp?"​

His deep, but still somewhat boyish voice had a tinge of amusement to it. "Well, I never expected to find you living in such a clean city. Really? No pimp?"​

This only made Ridley roll her golden eyes. "Clean? I guess. Boring? Very much so." His question earned a slight laugh. "..No, no pimp. Don't seem so surprised," she teased, crossing her arms. "What're you doing here, anyways?" Hopefully, he hadn't overheard her conversation with Lena and Ethan.​

This only made Ridley roll her golden eyes. "Clean? I guess. Boring? Very much so." His question earned a slight laugh. "..No, no pimp. Don't seem so surprised," she teased, crossing her arms. "What're you doing here, anyways?" Hopefully, he hadn't overheard her conversation with Lena and Ethan.​

Unfortunately for her, his detective gear (a technology he had 'borrowed' from Bruce) allowed him to hear pretty much anything he wanted in 360 degrees for several hundred feet. Still, he didn't comment. "I felt like leaving that shithole and winding down."​

Unfortunately for her, his detective gear (a technology he had 'borrowed' from Bruce) allowed him to hear pretty much anything he wanted in 360 degrees for several hundred feet. Still, he didn't comment. "I felt like leaving that shithole and winding down."​

It was a good thing she didn't know he overheard her.. Or else she'd likely have been more defensive. No mortals needed to know a woman that was likely out to get her had come back from the dead.

"Oh?" She couldn't help but grin. "I wonder why you'd come here for that.." she mused, innocently. She had a good idea of why, though.​

It was a good thing she didn't know he overheard her.. Or else she'd likely have been more defensive. No mortals needed to know a woman that was likely out to get her had come back from the dead.

"Oh?" She couldn't help but grin. "I wonder why you'd come here for that.." she mused, innocently. She had a good idea of why, though.​

Given that Jason himself had come back from the dead, he wasn't too shocked. The former boy-wonder crossed his arms. "I think you know."​

Given that Jason himself had come back from the dead, he wasn't too shocked. The former boy-wonder crossed his arms. "I think you know."​

Ridley just tilted her head, suppressing a grin. "Nope. I'm afraid not, Prince Charming.. You'll have to enlighten me."​

Ridley just tilted her head, suppressing a grin. "Nope. I'm afraid not, Prince Charming.. You'll have to enlighten me."​

"Why? Are you slow or something?" Jason tilted his head. His voice had a playful tone.​

"Why? Are you slow or something?" Jason tilted his head. His voice had a playful tone.​

"Mm.. I wouldn't say that. I hear I'm pretty fast." She winked at him, flirtatiously. She was already forgetting about Sarafine.. But the light rain served to remind her something was wrong.​

Last edited:

"Mm.. I wouldn't say that. I hear I'm pretty fast." She winked at him, playfully. She was already forgetting about Sarafine.. But the light rain served to remind her something was wrong.​

"I doubt you can keep up with me."​

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Would I be asking if I didn't?"​

"Touché, touché." If Ridley didn't know many hideaway places from all the times she'd had to run.. She probably would've been more worried. She hated Ravenwood, and she couldn't just go in with some guy.

"I haven't got a place here." It was the truth; she didn't belong here. "Might be a hotel, though. Or there's the lake, if you feel daring." She winked at him once again.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.