Nightraven High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pavel, waking up and doing his morning routine — drink water, brush teeth, wash self, comb hair, put neatly folded and ironed clothes on —wondered if he forgotten something. Absent mindedly, he summoned his daily allotment of saucers, and "mounted" one of them like a flying carpet. It sank a foot lower, anti-grav engine struggling against his weight, but it held up. He put his pack on the other one, and started driving down to the meeting hall... dining hal... whatever it was morning.

"Mrzmfr" Gregory awoke to the harsh squeal of his alarm clock. "Eight-o-clock is too eeeaaaarly for breakfast" he mumbled to himself as he rolled out of bed onto the linoleum floor. He though briefly about waking up his roommate-
Wait, roommate?
Greg eyed the bundle suspiciously. He didn't recall being assigned a roommate, did he?
"Oh well", he thought to himself as he tapped the shapeless heap on what he assumed was a shoulder, "Hey, uh, new guy. It's breakfast. I mean, if you don't want breakfast that's cool, but I just thought maybe- well, you know."

Eagles were soaring, Mount Rushmore was crying, the Statue of Liberty was standing, and terrorists were screaming. Trent treaded across the desert with an AR15, gunning down whatever moved. He wore nothing but a thong patterned with the American flag! "Taste the freedom!" Trent boasted as he fired his gun. Then suddenly, a Frenchman kicked him down- it was Pierre. Out of his mouth, he said "Good morning students I hope you all slept well. Head to the Dining Hall for this morning's announcements. They will begin at 8:00am sharp so don't be late!"

Trent's pleasant and patriotic dreams were interupted as he woke up to the loud yet unpatriotic music. "Why couldn't they have just given us announcements through the speakers?" Trent groaned before hopping out of bed. "It's bad enough that I had to share a room with such a non-American roommate." he grumbled before grabbing a change of clothes and heading into the restroom to get a shower. When he hopped out of the bed, Trent's pajamas were fashioned with the American flag printed onto it.

Reactions: 2 people
Kraven stood at the front of the Dining Hall and prepared to give this morning's announcements.
"Good morning students. I hope you all slept well! Today we will be selecting our first patch of students to be going on the first expedition of the school year. Only four will be picked. A captain of your group will be needed and a teacher will go with you for reinforcements. The expedition begins in the evening. Be prepared. I hope you all remembered how I said no weapons in school grounds, but make note I said nothing about outside the school grounds.

You can purchase weapons from the small shop, protected by the finest enchantments of course, located near the school. You must leave them in the care of Scrabbler who is new this year, upon your return from the expedition. Sign up sheets are right next to Zeke's shop. Freshman cannot be captains.

Classes start at 9:00am, but because of the Nightraven Olympic Games, We won't be having them. I will explain before dinner time. Before then the time is yours to explore the school. Some of you may even find your way to the Sparring Arena. Worry not, my daughter Janna will be there if you find yourself with any wounds and don't try to kill each other please. Now that there are no more announcements, let's enjoy breakfast!"

The moment Kraven finished his announcements people were setting the table with various breakfast items. There was a breakfast dish from every country. If you wanted bacon and eggs you could have it. If you liked your pork ham with a hint of vodka for flavor, you bet they had it. Do you like fancier meals, better believe that Dining Hall had crumpets and tea.

Janna looked at the food placed before her. She was starving and she began to fill her plate with bread, cheese, and tea. She smiled and ate her food silently hoping that no one would notice her. Janna had survived first two years at the academy without being noticed. She hoped that her luck would last this year too. She hummed to herself a sweet tune of happiness as she really seemed to be enjoying her breakfast.

[OOC: I've got engagements I must attend to. You may continue to post in this thread as I will be returning later this evening. Or you can fight each other in the new group thread labeled as Sparring Arena. Rules of the Sparring Arena will be posted as well. Also, I've updated the group thread with many places to explore. In other words, post wherever you see fit until I get back. Happy Posting!]

Alfredo woke up, unsure of what time it was woke up without a care in the world. He slowly put on his poncho and sombrero, after removing all the food he stuffed from the dinner last night. It was then he saw the time as late as it was, and he realized the food for breakfast could be gone by then! "AY DIOS MIO!" He shouted, "I'm going to be late for school!". Alfredo grabbed his backpack and ran off to the dinning hall, burrito in mouth in case of the worst possible situation, without a care of who was in his way, nothing was going to stop this man from getting his breakfast.

"First excursion? Cool!" I'd rather not get left out of it. After all, what an example would it be, and what a better way of disseminating ideology than glorious examples to follow? Pavel was thinking and sent up his other saucer to look around for a good place, person, or food to spend the breakfast with.

And while it was doing all the work, he asked around "Anyone captains first run? Cause I'm in!"

Gregory was trying in vain to wake his roommate when the announcements came on. He half listened to them as he attempted to wake the mass of blankets, but something in the announcement caught his attention.
"-You can purchase weapons from the small shop-"
Purchase?
No. No no no no no. It was a joke. It had to be, right? There's no way they seriously thought they could conscript students into the Beast Brigade without giving them weapons. No fucking way. It was like training soldiers and then deducting bullets fired from their salary.
He threw on a shirt and some old ratty jeans, grabbed his bag and bolted for the dining hall. "Uh, see you later!" he hissed to his mystery roommate before slamming the door closed. He had to get to the bottom of this.

"Alright, time for go to work. Death work." Ivan said, unfolding his shovel.

"Everyone for want remove monsters, follow Ivan!" The Russian called.

Making it inside of the dinning room, he had realized that while he might not have missed breakfast, he did miss the announcements. Not needing his burrito for now, he put it back into his sombrero. He grabbed some plates and looked for traces of more food from his country when he heard a man talk about a first run. "A run you say?" Alfredo said while turning the man, "I am very good at running, is there a running competition or something? I'm down for it friend!"

Trent crossed his legs as he ate his all AMERICAN breakfast of bacon and eggs along with a bowl of oats. He had the feeling that becoming leader the first run and leading well, Trent could establish himself as well as America as being #1 in the school. That said, he signed his name up for the first wave, and volunteered as captain- but there was a problem, so did another. He also had a Russian accent. Trent despised this.

Trent looked toward Ivan with glaring eyes. "No" Trent started "If you want victory, you follow me!"

Gregory burst into the Dining Hall, nearly tripping over himself while he ran towards Headmaster Kraven, slamming his hands on the table in an attempt to catch himself. "Sir!", he panted, "You can't really be letting students sign on for Beast Brig- expeditions without any weapons, are you? I-it was a joke, right? About having to buy your own weapons? Please say it was a joke."

Heidi awoke in a cocoon of blanket. What time was it...? She vaguely recalled being prodded at some point before, though she'd sleepily ignored it. She emerged from the bedding and squinted in the light. What time was i--
"SCHEISSE!" she swore, realizing that she was late for school. She hadn't missed class, but she'd have to hurry before breakfast was over. Heidi quickly pulled on her usual beige uniform and hurried to the dining hall. She rushed in just in time to hear the headmaster's announcement, in particular the bit about freshmen being barred from leadership positions. She swore some more, then adopted her usual stonefaced persona when the outburst attracted attention.

She'd go with the Russian survivalist, she decided, grabbing a biscuit as she walked to Zeke's shop. He seemed a worthy alliy, for now.

"Wait, What weapons can we buy? And what are we buying from? With what currency?" Pavel got back onto his saucer, and placed his box into his bag, eating from a plate held in his hand. He then turned to the american.. and the gas masked man. "I suppose introductions are in order, great leaders: Pavel Vasilevich, Vladivostok, pleased to meet you. Can any of you explain what to expect on this run, and how we are supposed to start?"

More interested in this running competition than food, Alfredo walked over to the increasing group of people, "So what kind of run is this hombres? Why do we need a captain for, this a relay race or something?" he asked, still unaware of why so many people are interested in running.

Janna whisked through the room gracefully and walked over to the man who introduced himself as Pavel. Her voice was warm and welcoming, "My father can be confusing at times. When he says purchase, he means you can grab what you like, unless you want to buy something extra special from Zeke's shop. They're enchanted so trying to smuggle them into the school isn't an option."

She smiled politely at Pavel before turning to walk away.

"Is simple plan. We take gun, we remove kebab, we come home and tell children stories of victory." Ivan explained to our allies. "Is easy work. Kebab is fragile, like baby or Canadian."

Reactions: 2 people
Heidi grabbed a hefty zweihander, taller than she was, and brandished it with a practiced hand. Hands. "These 'kebab' will be cleansed from this world, to make way for us."

Alice is up and ready on time, heading towards the auditorium as soon as the announcement is called.

The fact that she manages to show up slightly late despite that is enough proof that she still hasn't memorized the layout of the school. But oh well, seemed there was still breakfast left. And soon enough, she's sitting near the others, grabbing an assorment of food to eat while pondering over the contents of the announcement.

"An expedition, huh... Sounds pretty dangerous." She doesn't seem sure about the concept.

Pavel grinned at Janna! "Thanks, now onto our mission comrades! What can this kebab do, and can I mount something on my beasties?" He asked.

Alfredo walked to Pavel, "Whoa amigo, what is this stuff about kebabs and guns that you guys are talking about? Isn't this just some fun run? What exactly were the announcements anyways?"

Status
Not open for further replies.